- Trust gives $1M for Custer State Park project Updated: Mar-07-14 7:41 pm
- SD to begin using E15 in state-owned vehicles Updated: Mar-06-14 3:42 pm
- SD shooting, standoff suspect pleads guilty Updated: Mar-05-14 9:37 pm
- Flight cancellations down at Pierre airport Updated: Mar-05-14 6:17 am
- County adopts voting centers, eliminates precincts Updated: Mar-04-14 3:50 pm
- Prominent South Dakota Judge Max Gors dies Updated: Mar-01-14 3:53 pm
- SD legislative staff run sessions from background Updated: Feb-28-14 8:13 pm
- Excerpts from recent South Dakota editorials Updated: Feb-27-14 3:25 pm
- SD lawmakers endorse waterfowl license bill Updated: Feb-25-14 3:23 pm
- SD officials: inmate dies of apparent suicide Updated: Feb-21-14 5:55 pm
- SD lawmakers reject bill limiting payday lending Updated: Feb-19-14 3:53 pm
- Interim police chief named in SD capital city Updated: Feb-19-14 7:40 am
- Judge again rules Pierre boy be tried as adult Updated: Feb-18-14 7:55 pm
- Progam mulls expansion Pierre food bank Updated: Feb-09-14 11:52 am
- Pierre woman pleads guilty in standoff incident Updated: Feb-09-14 11:31 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A $1 million grant from a charitable trust will be used to build a new visitors center and theater at a state park in southwest South Dakota.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Part of the state's vehicle fleet will begin using a blend of gasoline and ethanol as fuel.
PIERRE, South Dakota - An Eagle Butte man has pleaded guilty to two federal charges stemming from a fatal shootout and standoff with law enforcement officers in Pierre in late October.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Airport officials in Pierre say they've seen fewer cancellations in the number of commercial air flights in the past month.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Commissioners in a central South Dakota county have voted to eliminate the area's 15 precincts and replace them with seven voting centers.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Prominent South Dakota Judge Max Gors, who served in all possible judicial positions in South Dakota and also held the job of assistant attorney general in two states, has died. He was 69.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Each legislative session, a few dozen staffers return to the South Dakota Capitol to keep the lawmaking process on track.
Rapid City Journal, Rapid City, Feb. 27, 2014
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota Senate panel Tuesday endorsed a plan aimed at ending years of legislative wrangling on nonresident waterfowl hunting by returning more control to the state commission that regulates hunting and fishing.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota prisons agency says an inmate has died of an apparent suicide.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota legislative panel on Wednesday rejected further restrictions on payday loans and other short-term lending, so the bill's sponsor vowed to take the issue to the voters.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Pierre commissioners have named an interim police chief for South Dakota's capital city.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A circuit judge on Tuesday ruled for a second time that a 17-year-old Pierre boy charged with murder in the shooting death of a friend should be tried as an adult.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Feeding South Dakota may upgrade its current operations in Pierre to increase the amount of food it can distribute to hungry people.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Pierre woman has pleaded guilty in federal court to making false statements to a federal agency.