- Correction: Senate-Walker story Updated: May-06-15 9:59 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - In a story May 5 about the scheduling of a trial for a former Senate candidate from South Dakota, The Associated Press erroneously referred to 6th Judicial Circuit Court Judge John Brown as the court's magistrate judge. Brown is its presiding judge.
- Remodeled Civil War Monument in Pierre to be rededicated Updated: May-06-15 6:14 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's Civil War Monument east of Capitol Lake in Pierre will be rededicated 95 years after its original dedication on June 1, 1920.
- 17 South Dakotans chosen for panel to study elder abuse Updated: May-03-15 11:47 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Seventeen people have been appointed to a committee that will study financial, physical and emotional abuse of elderly South Dakotans.
- Long-time Pierre flower shop ruined after Friday night fire Updated: May-02-15 4:28 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A flower shop that has been a fixture of the state's capital city and run by one man's family for more than 60 years burned down Friday night.
- Governor's Mansion to begin 5th season of free public tours Updated: May-01-15 12:16 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Governor's Mansion will begin its fifth season of free weekly tours next month.
- SD's environment focus of Historical Society conference Updated: Apr-29-15 6:11 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota State Historical Society's annual history conference May 29-30 in Pierre will focus on the state's environment.
- Lottery tickets sold in Kadoka, Pierre worth thousands Updated: Apr-27-15 11:53 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Hot Lotto ticket sold in Kadoka is worth $9,000 and a Wild Card 2 ticket sold in Pierre is worth $6,000 in Saturday's drawings.
- Wild Card 2 ticket sold in South Dakota worth $6,000 Updated: Apr-24-15 2:04 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Wild Card 2 ticket sold in South Dakota is worth $6,000.
- Pierre man sentenced to almost 4 years for firearm felonies Updated: Apr-23-15 6:13 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Pierre man convicted of two firearm felonies has been sentenced to almost four years in prison.
- Some South Dakota cities hit record lows, more could fall Updated: Apr-22-15 4:34 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Several South Dakota cities hit new low temperatures overnight, and more records could fall Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
- Volunteers to clean up Pierre during annual spring event Updated: Apr-22-15 2:29 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's capital city is kicking off its sixth annual spring cleanup effort.
- South Dakota artifact on display at world-renowned museum Updated: Apr-21-15 4:31 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - People visiting one of New York City's world-renowned museums can now catch a glimpse of an artifact that belongs to South Dakota's Cultural Heritage Center.
- South Dakota Civil Air Patrol members meeting in Pierre Updated: Apr-18-15 2:26 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Members of the South Dakota Wing of the Civil Air Patrol are gathering Saturday in Pierre for their annual conference.
- Game department seeks comments on goose and turkey plans Updated: Apr-17-15 6:11 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakotans who want to weigh in on five-year goose and turkey management plans have a month to submit comments.
- Display in Pierre shows history of baseball in South Dakota Updated: Apr-12-15 12:50 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - An exhibit about the state's baseball tradition is on display for a year at the South Dakota Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre.
- GFP taking suggestions, comments on pheasant management plan Updated: Apr-07-15 6:22 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks is taking suggestions and comments until Friday on the current pheasant management plan that will be used to draft a new blueprint for the next five years.