- Pierre police: Tires on 18 vehicles slashed in capital city Updated: Aug-01-15 12:01 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Police in Pierre are looking for whoever is responsible for slashing tires on 18 different vehicles this week in the capital city.
- SD governor's office accepting fall internship applications Updated: Jul-30-15 2:23 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard is seeking two interns for his office's fall 2015 program in Pierre.
- Former SD county prosecutor pleads guilty to 2 rape counts Updated: Jul-29-15 3:23 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A former South Dakota county prosecutor who authorities accuse of child rape has pleaded guilty to two counts.
- New publisher named for Capital Journal newspaper in Pierre Updated: Jul-29-15 10:33 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A veteran Midwestern newspaper executive has been named publisher of the Capital Journal in Pierre.
- Pierre among 5 state capitals chosen for EPA program Updated: Jul-29-15 8:34 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Pierre is among five state capitals selected this year for a federal project aimed at more attractive and environmentally friendly development.
- City of Pierre flushing some fire hydrants, water still safe Updated: Jul-28-15 2:19 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The city of Pierre is flushing fire hydrants in residential sectors on East Fourth Street.
- Vegetation at SD park being changed in cost-cutting move Updated: Jul-27-15 5:01 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The vegetation at a park in South Dakota's capital is being changed in a move that officials say could save the state thousands of dollars.
- Drowning victim's body recovered on Rosebud reservation Updated: Jul-26-15 5:29 pm
ROSEBUD INDIAN RESERVATION, South Dakota - Authorities have recovered the body of a man who drowned on the Rosebud Indian Reservation.
- Tornado watch issued for much of central South Dakota Updated: Jul-25-15 6:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A tornado watch has been issued for much of central South Dakota until 11 p.m.
- Ex-US Senate hopeful pleads guilty to election law charges Updated: Jul-22-15 5:50 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Former South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate Clayton Walker pleaded guilty to election law violations Wednesday, two days after his trial on multiple felony charges began in Pierre.
- Pierre group pushing permission for urban chickens Updated: Jul-22-15 6:50 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A group is asking people to sign a pledge of support to allow residents of South Dakota's capital city to keep chickens on their property.
- Former US Senate candidate indicted for failure to show Updated: Jul-16-15 11:38 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A grand jury in Hughes County has formally indicted former South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate Clayton Walker for failing to appear at a hearing.
- Woman pleads not guilty in stabbing death on reservation Updated: Jul-16-15 10:53 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - An Eagle Butte woman accused of stabbing a man to death during a fight has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder.
- Task force on autism therapy for children to meet in Pierre Updated: Jul-16-15 2:08 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A task force spawned by a bill from the 2015 legislative session that mandates certain insurance plans cover a costly but effective treatment for children with autism is meeting in Pierre.
- 'Glitch' silenced Fort Pierre sirens before big June storm Updated: Jul-09-15 10:16 am
FORT PIERRE, South Dakota - While emergency sirens in Pierre sounded during a severe thunderstorm in late June, the three sirens in neighboring Fort Pierre remained silent.
- Public damage from June 22 storm in Pierre estimated at $1M Updated: Jul-08-15 8:25 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A severe storm that hit Pierre late last month caused about $1 million in damage to municipal structures.
- City of Pierre drop sites for June storm debris now closed Updated: Jul-08-15 2:28 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The city of Pierre says drop sites for debris that were set up after last month's storm are now closed.
- Daugaard: Consider 'all options' in education funding study Updated: Jul-07-15 1:44 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A state panel studying school funding and teacher pay should examine "all options" when making recommendations to lawmakers on how to improve South Dakota's education system, Gov. Dennis Daugaard said Tuesday.
- Display in Pierre shows history of baseball in South Dakota Updated: Jul-07-15 7:32 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - As Major League Baseball's All-Star Game approaches, the Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre is reminding fans of its ongoing exhibit that traces the history of baseball in South Dakota.
- South Dakota regulators hold hearing on Keystone XL pipeline Updated: Jul-06-15 10:42 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota residents were split Monday over the merits of allowing the Keystone XL oil pipeline through the state, with some telling regulators the project would be an economic engine but others calling it a grave threat to the environment.
- South Dakota's 'Christmas Tree Lady' Dorothy Howe dies at 86 Updated: Jul-06-15 11:05 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A woman who started the South Dakota tradition of bringing Christmas trees to the state Capitol in Pierre has died.