- Daugaard: Consider 'all options' in education funding study Updated: Jul-07-15 1:44 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A state panel studying school funding and teacher pay should examine "all options" when making recommendations to lawmakers on how to improve South Dakota's education system, Gov. Dennis Daugaard said Tuesday.
- Display in Pierre shows history of baseball in South Dakota Updated: Jul-07-15 7:32 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - As Major League Baseball's All-Star Game approaches, the Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre is reminding fans of its ongoing exhibit that traces the history of baseball in South Dakota.
- South Dakota regulators hold hearing on Keystone XL pipeline Updated: Jul-06-15 10:42 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota residents were split Monday over the merits of allowing the Keystone XL oil pipeline through the state, with some telling regulators the project would be an economic engine but others calling it a grave threat to the environment.
- South Dakota's 'Christmas Tree Lady' Dorothy Howe dies at 86 Updated: Jul-06-15 11:05 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A woman who started the South Dakota tradition of bringing Christmas trees to the state Capitol in Pierre has died.
- Former GOP US Senate candidate Annette Bosworth avoids jail Updated: Jul-01-15 6:26 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Former South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate Annette Bosworth will not have to serve immediate jail time for elections violations provided she meets the conditions of three years of probation, according to a sentence handed down by a circuit court judge on Wednesday.
- North Dakota man dies in workplace incident in South Dakota Updated: Jul-01-15 9:43 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A North Dakota man was killed while working at an asphalt production plant in central South Dakota.
- Pierre parks reopening following post-storm cleanup Updated: Jul-01-15 7:02 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - City parks in Pierre and the back nine holes at a local golf course are reopening in time for the July Fourth weekend, after more than a week of cleanup following a severe storm.
- South Dakota board reverses, votes to keep Harney Peak name Updated: Jun-29-15 8:35 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Harney Peak should keep the name of an army general whose soldiers in the 1850s killed Native Americans, a state board voted Monday in a reversal, even though some Indians may find the peak's name offensive.
- Nearly 125 cyclists take part in Tour de Oahe bicycle ride Updated: Jun-29-15 6:57 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Nearly 125 cyclists from eight states took part in the fifth annual Tour de Oahe bicycle ride in the Pierre area over the weekend.
- Xcel Energy restores power to most in eastern South Dakota Updated: Jun-24-15 11:49 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Xcel Energy has restored electricity to areas of eastern South Dakota and southwestern Minnesota that were hit by strong storms this week.
- Teens attending Youth Trooper Academy in Pierre Updated: Jun-23-15 6:35 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Nineteen South Dakota teens are training this week with the Highway Patrol during the annual Youth Trooper Academy.
- Storm damage forces closure of Farm Island Recreation Area Updated: Jun-23-15 2:49 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota officials have temporarily closed the Farm Island Recreation Area along the Missouri River near Pierre.
- SD PUC sets July public meeting date on Keystone XL pipeline Updated: Jun-23-15 2:28 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state Public Utilities Commission is holding a meeting for the public to provide input to the regulatory board on the portion of the Keystone XL pipeline that would run through South Dakota.
- Capitol Lake Visitor Center in SD to host outdoor concert Updated: Jun-21-15 9:44 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The Capitol Lake Visitor Center in Pierre will be hosting a free outdoor concert this summer featuring traditional music artists Bob and Sheila Everhart.
- About 400 SD firefighters expected to attend fire school Updated: Jun-18-15 2:32 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - About 400 South Dakota firefighters are expected to attend the annual state fire school in Pierre this week.
- PUC allows firm's first gas and electric rate hikes in years Updated: Jun-17-15 6:09 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Public Utilities Commission has approved a utility company's first natural gas rate increase in 11 years and its first electric rate hike in two decades.
- Mayor Gill: Pierre park spruced up for annual Oahe Days Updated: Jun-15-15 10:49 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The Pierre Parks Department is getting ready for the city's annual community celebration.
- South Dakota Trail of Governors statues to be unveiled Updated: Jun-12-15 12:43 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota is unveiling three more bronze statues of its former governors.
- South Dakota department's policy forbids drunk firefighting Updated: Jun-09-15 7:12 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A firefighter who died battling a house fire in Brandon when he was legally drunk responded to the emergency, even though the department has a policy against going out on a call while intoxicated, Valley Springs Fire and Rescue Chief Don Johnson said Tuesday.