- Commission plans to fix up turtle effigy site Updated: Apr-18-14 4:25 pm
- Suspect in Pierre standoff pleads guilty Updated: Apr-17-14 7:08 pm
- Pierre City Commission rejects chicken proposal Updated: Apr-16-14 7:46 am
- Daugaards invite kids to Easter egg hunt Updated: Apr-16-14 5:19 am
- Governor urges communities to celebrate statehood Updated: Apr-15-14 7:14 pm
- SD lawmaker withdraws Bosworth petition challenge Updated: Apr-14-14 2:41 pm
- Rejected bids won't cause major delay for school Updated: Apr-13-14 10:16 am
- SD GOP Senate candidates meet in first debate Updated: Apr-12-14 4:17 pm
- SD Newspaper Association honors longtime reporter Updated: Apr-11-14 9:52 am
- SD air travelers opt to drive after flight trouble Updated: Apr-09-14 6:37 pm
- Defense in Pierre shooting case can survey public Updated: Apr-08-14 8:44 pm
- 2nd appeal denied in Pierre teen shooting case Updated: Apr-08-14 7:34 am
- Penny postcards bring SD courthouses back to life Updated: Apr-06-14 10:38 am
- Regents spokeswoman tapped for university center Updated: Apr-01-14 5:23 am
- SD Governor closes state offices due to snowstorm Updated: Mar-31-14 5:39 pm
- Lawmakers have no vetoes to consider on 'veto day' Updated: Mar-31-14 3:16 pm
- SD hopes to reach all veterans, fill service gaps Updated: Mar-30-14 8:04 am
- Pair of Pierre buildings slated to be torn down Updated: Mar-29-14 11:50 am
- Police chief named in South Dakota's capital city Updated: Mar-29-14 11:25 am
- SD primary petitions indicate election hot spots Updated: Mar-26-14 6:23 pm
- Correction: Regents Bills story Updated: Mar-26-14 11:45 am
- Pierre mayor to run unopposed in bid for 3rd term Updated: Mar-26-14 7:36 am
- Governor to announce plans for upcoming election Updated: Mar-24-14 3:12 pm
- New business board in Pierre to meet for 1st time Updated: Mar-23-14 3:41 pm
- Survey halted in murder case of South Dakota teen Updated: Mar-22-14 1:38 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The Pierre/Fort Pierre Historic Preservation Commission plans to fix up the site of a stone turtle figure north of Pierre.
PIERRE, South Dakota - An Eagle Butte man has pleaded guilty to an attempted murder charge stemming from a standoff with law officers in October.
PIERRE, South Dakota - City commissioners in Pierre have defeated a proposal that would have allowed residents of South Dakota's capital city to keep up to six hens on their property.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard and First Lady Linda Daugaard are inviting families to an Easter egg hunt at the governor's residence on Sunday.
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard is urging communities to plan events to commemorate 125 years of statehood.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A state representative has withdrawn a court challenge over the validity of signatures submitted by Republican U.S. Senate candidate Dr. Annette Bosworth.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Officials in Pierre say the rejection of two bids for a major construction phase of a new elementary school won't have a significant impact in the timeline of the project.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The five South Dakotans vying for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate found common ground on most policy issues - including their opposition to the president's federal health care law - but also took a few personal shots at each other in their first debate in Pierre on Saturday.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Newspaper Association is honoring longtime Associated Press correspondent Chet Brokaw.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Air travelers to and from South Dakota's small towns are growing weary of inconsistent flights, and many say they are giving up on regional airports all together.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Lawyers of a 17-year-old Pierre boy accused of fatally shooting a classmate received permission Tuesday to conduct a public survey that could influence whether they try to move the high-profile case for trial.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Supreme Court has denied an appeal from lawyers representing a 17-year-old Pierre boy accused of murder.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Supreme Court Chief Justice David Gilbertson is a man who loves antiques. A spinning wheel brought over by his Norwegian ancestors stands next to his office fireplace, ornate side tables flank his desk and a collection of old clocks hums and chimes.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The spokeswoman for the South Dakota Board of Regents will also lead the center that offers college classes in Pierre.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state offices in western and central South Dakota have been closed because of a spring snowstorm.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Despite a snowstorm and a meager agenda, both the Senate and the House made a quorum to finish the formalities of the 2014 session.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A push in South Dakota to meet with all 75,000 veterans is part of a trend among states to compensate for gaps in federal efforts, national experts said.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Two long-time Pierre structures are slated to be torn down.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Pierre has named Capt. Dave Panzer Jr. as police chief for the South Dakota capital city.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The primary petitions that have been filed in South Dakota show the hot spots for the upcoming election.
PIERRE, South Dakota - In a story March 25 about new South Dakota laws, The Associated Press erroneously reported the amount of money that a law allocates for the construction of a stadium at South Dakota State University. It allocates $65 million for the project, not $650 million.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The mayor of South Dakota's capital city will face no opposition in her bid for a third term.
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard has scheduled a tour around the state to announce his plans for the upcoming election.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A new business board in Pierre tasked with implementing a proposed occupancy tax involving the city's lodging industry is expected to meet for the first time Monday.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Prosecutors say a survey of county residents about a South Dakota murder case has been put on hold.