- Pierre publisher leaves to pursue other opportunities Updated: May-25-15 11:20 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Capital Journal Publisher Steve Baker has left the Pierre newspaper to pursue other opportunities in the industry.
- State officials to rededicate Civil War Monument in Pierre Updated: May-23-15 10:06 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - State officials and residents in Pierre are re-enacting the original dedication of a civil war monument on the grounds of the state capitol 95 years after it was first christened.
- Historical Society hosts webcast on crime, postal inspectors Updated: May-17-15 9:41 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota State Historical Society is hosting a webcast that addresses how postal inspectors used an array of documents to track down organized crime bosses.
- SD woman sentenced to probation for embezzlement, forgery Updated: May-14-15 8:11 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A woman has been sentenced to six years of probation for embezzling more than $34,000 from a Fort Pierre economic development group.
- Pierre flower shop fire ruled accidental; cause unknown Updated: May-14-15 6:50 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A fire that destroyed a flower shop and greenhouse in Pierre has been ruled accidental.
- Daugaard declares Milbank state capital for a day in June Updated: May-07-15 2:28 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard might make Pierre a little jealous in mid-June.
- Governor fills open Senate seats, GOP to choose leaders Updated: May-06-15 6:36 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Senate is back at full strength, and Republicans are gathering over the weekend to fill two top leadership spots.
- Correction: Senate-Walker story Updated: May-06-15 9:59 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - In a story May 5 about the scheduling of a trial for a former Senate candidate from South Dakota, The Associated Press erroneously referred to 6th Judicial Circuit Court Judge John Brown as the court's magistrate judge. Brown is its presiding judge.
- Remodeled Civil War Monument in Pierre to be rededicated Updated: May-06-15 6:14 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's Civil War Monument east of Capitol Lake in Pierre will be rededicated 95 years after its original dedication on June 1, 1920.
- 17 South Dakotans chosen for panel to study elder abuse Updated: May-03-15 11:47 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Seventeen people have been appointed to a committee that will study financial, physical and emotional abuse of elderly South Dakotans.
- Governor's Mansion to begin 5th season of free public tours Updated: May-01-15 12:16 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Governor's Mansion will begin its fifth season of free weekly tours next month.