- Coalition vows to build up further against Islamic State Updated: May-04-16 8:36 am
STUTTGART, Germany - An international coalition leading the military campaign against the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq agreed Wednesday to accelerate their contributions but did not publicly specify what those would be. The group also called on Iraqi leaders to reconcile political differences.
- US combat death in Iraq reflects intensifying war Updated: May-03-16 10:48 pm
STUTTGART, Germany - The combat death of a U.S. Navy SEAL who was advising Kurdish forces in Iraq coincides with a gradually deepening American role in fighting a resilient Islamic State, even as the Iraqis struggle to muster the military and political strength to defeat the militants.
- Bremen defeats Stuttgart 6-2 to leave Bundesliga drop zone Updated: May-02-16 5:38 pm
BERLIN - Werder Bremen routed Stuttgart 6-2 to leave the Bundesliga relegation zone at the visitors' expense in the German league's first Monday night game for 16 years.
- US defense chief: NATO ponders ground force in Baltics Updated: May-02-16 4:43 pm
STUTTGART, Germany - The NATO alliance is considering establishing a rotational ground force in the Baltic states and possibly Poland, reflecting deepening worry about Russian military assertiveness, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Monday.
- Kingman to pay for Route 66 promotional trip to Germany Updated: Apr-25-16 11:43 am
KINGMAN, Arizona - The city of Kingman will fund one resident's trip to Germany so he can promote international Route 66 tourism.
- Ruhr Derby, title chase and relegation scraps in Bundesliga Updated: Apr-07-16 7:04 am
BERLIN - Three days after Borussia Dortmund's biggest game of the season, the German club visits Schalke for the Bundesliga's highly charged Ruhr Derby on Sunday.