- NATO protesters to be sentence in Chicago Updated: Apr-25-14 4:46 am
- 177 Illinois schools honored for improvement Updated: Apr-25-14 4:06 am
- Dutch man charged with drug dealing via Silk Road Updated: Apr-25-14 1:16 am
- Man pleading guilty in drugs for bitcoins scheme Updated: Apr-24-14 10:58 pm
- Chicago doctor among those killed in Afghanistan Updated: Apr-24-14 7:27 pm
- Jackson is solid, but not good enough for Cubs Updated: Apr-24-14 7:02 pm
- Man charged with giving girlfriend HIV Updated: Apr-24-14 7:01 pm
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, Diamondbacks top Cubs Updated: Apr-24-14 6:54 pm
- Doctor killed in Afghanistan has Michigan ties Updated: Apr-24-14 6:34 pm
- Gunman kills 3 Americans at Kabul hospital Updated: Apr-24-14 6:11 pm
- Chicago City Council committee OKs plastic bag ban Updated: Apr-24-14 5:59 pm
- Quinn: Obama library should get private funds too Updated: Apr-24-14 5:58 pm
- Illinois governor praises work of slain doctor Updated: Apr-24-14 5:30 pm
- Wife: Chicago doctor knew danger, wasn't afraid Updated: Apr-24-14 5:04 pm
- Grain mixed, livestock mostly higher Updated: Apr-24-14 3:35 pm
- Chicago to name high school after President Obama Updated: Apr-24-14 3:08 pm
- Cubs put OF Ruggiano on DL, make 4 roster moves Updated: Apr-24-14 2:32 pm
- Relative: Slain doctor loved work in Afghanistan Updated: Apr-24-14 2:08 pm
- Chicago doctor among those killed in Afghanistan Updated: Apr-24-14 11:58 am
- Rauner wants Quinn to release hiring documents Updated: Apr-24-14 11:49 am
- Chicago Sky in first-ever WNBA preseason tourney Updated: Apr-24-14 4:09 am
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Blues, 4-3 in OT Updated: Apr-24-14 2:08 am
- Chicago Bears begin season against Buffalo Bills Updated: Apr-23-14 10:12 pm
- Blues C Backes scratched for Game 4 Updated: Apr-23-14 9:21 pm
- Diamondbacks beat Cubs 7-5 on Wrigley's 100th Updated: Apr-23-14 8:31 pm
CHICAGO - A judge will decide whether to heed prosecutors' request that three protesters accused of plotting Molotov cocktail attacks at a 2012 NATO summit in Chicago serve more than a decade in prison.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Around 180 schools across the state are being honored for academic improvement.
CHICAGO - Federal prosecutors say a Dutch man has agreed to plead guilty in Chicago to charges alleging that he sold illegal drugs for millions of dollars in bitcoins through the shuttered website Silk Road.
CHICAGO - A Dutch national has agreed to plead guilty in Chicago's federal court to charges he used the now-closed black market website Silk Road to sell illegal drugs for bitcoins worth millions of dollars.
CHICAGO - From Chicago to Afghanistan, Dr. Jerry Umanos dedicated his service to poor children.
CHICAGO - Edwin Jackson registered his first quality start and worked into the seventh inning for the first time this season.
CHICAGO - A Chicago man is charged with criminal transmission of HIV for allegedly failing to tell his ex-girlfriend he had the disease and giving her the virus.
CHICAGO - Pitching only 8 miles from where he grew up, Mike Bolsinger had more nerves than usual when he stepped on the mound at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - An American doctor killed in Afghanistan went to medical school in Detroit and has a son who is a Grand Rapids police officer.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Three Americans - a pediatrician and a father and son - were killed by an Afghan government security officer at a hospital Thursday, the latest in a series of attacks on foreign civilians that has rattled aid workers, contractors and journalists.
CHICAGO - A Chicago City Council committee has approved a ban on plastic bags at most retailers in the city.
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn is praising the dedication of a Chicago pediatrician who was killed in Afghanistan, calling his death tragic and his work selfless.
CHICAGO - The wife of a Chicago doctor killed in Afghanistan says her husband loved the Afghan people and the family holds no ill will toward the country or the gunman.
CHICAGO - Grain futures were mixed Thursday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
CHICAGO - President Barack Obama's hometown of Chicago plans to name a high school after him.
CHICAGO - Dr. Jerry Umanos (oo-MAHN'-ohs) was doing exactly what he wanted to do with his life when he was killed in Afghanistan.
CHICAGO - A family member says one of the three American doctors killed when an Afghan security guard opened fire at a Kabul hospital was a pediatrician from Chicago.
CHICAGO - Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) is calling on Gov. Pat Quinn to release documents related to a federal complaint alleging improper hiring in the Illinois Department of Transportation.
CHICAGO - The Chicago Sky are set to face off against a conference rival in the first-ever WNBA preseason tournament next month.
CHICAGO - Patrick Kane had his shot all along. Same for his dazzling puck-handling skills and the vision that sees the plays before they happen.
CHICAGO - The Chicago Bears' 2014 schedule is set.
CHICAGO - St. Louis center David Backes was scratched Wednesday night for Game 4 of the Blues' first-round playoff series against the Chicago Blackhawks due to an upper-body injury.
CHICAGO - On the 100th anniversary of the first game at Wrigley Field, the team with the worst record in the major leagues won.