- Beckman dodges question about mistreatment allegations Updated: Jul-30-15 7:21 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois coach Tim Beckman brushed off questions about alleged mistreatment of players in his first appearance with reporters since May.
- Ex-US Rep. Reynolds scrambles to meet bond conditions Updated: Jul-30-15 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - Former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds, facing federal tax charges, scrambled Thursday to find a place to stay to meet bond conditions after prosecutors told a judge that restrictions on sex offenders apply to the Chicago Democrat because of a decades-old statutory rape conviction.
- Bears' Allen out to prove he's still elite pass rusher Updated: Jul-30-15 6:42 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - No matter how disappointing his first season with the Chicago Bears was, Jared Allen believes he can wreak havoc like no other pass rusher.
- Man on trial in killing of Chicago police officer testifies Updated: Jul-30-15 6:28 pm
CHICAGO - A man on trial in the shooting death of Chicago police Officer Thor Soderberg took the witness stand and said he's proud he killed the officer.
- Police detain man who left backpack near Obama Chicago home Updated: Jul-30-15 5:07 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago police say a backpack left near President Barack Obama's house on the city's South Side didn't contain any explosives but detectives are questioning the man who left it there.
- Law would let O'Hare keep runways to disperse traffic, noise Updated: Jul-30-15 5:05 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner has signed legislation intended to help ease noise around parts of Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.
- Man accused of threatening Chicago mayor pleads not guilty Updated: Jul-30-15 4:08 pm
CHICAGO - A suburban Chicago man has pleaded not guilty to threatening Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and others on Facebook.
- Contempt filings dropped against reporters covering Hastert Updated: Jul-30-15 3:32 pm
CHICAGO - Two national television reporters cited for violating media security rules at former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert's arraignment last month won't face sanctions after their attorneys apologized to a judge.
- American jet at Dallas preparing to fly to Chicago evacuates Updated: Jul-30-15 3:07 pm
GRAPEVINE, Texas - Three passengers were slightly hurt while evacuating an American Airlines jet after smoke was detected in the plane as it prepared to leave Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
- Greyhound offering service from Chicago to DeKalb, NIU Updated: Jul-30-15 5:25 am
DEKALB, Illinois - A new Greyhound route means Northern Illinois University in DeKalb now has service from Chicago.
- Blackhawks getting new practice facility Updated: Jul-29-15 11:47 pm
CHICAGO - The Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks are getting a new practice facility.
- GOP leaders rally around Kirk after fundraiser's criticism Updated: Jul-29-15 10:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Republicans rallied around first-term U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk on Wednesday after a top fundraiser briefly suggested that the moderate elected to Barack Obama's former seat should abandon his re-election bid due to a recent series of public gaffes.
- US court says drug-sniffing dog fails the smell test Updated: Jul-29-15 8:58 pm
CHICAGO - Lex the police dog from central Illinois is far from top dog in drug-sniffing skills.
- Prosecutors re-indict former North Chicago chief Updated: Jul-29-15 7:31 pm
NORTH CHIC AGO, Illinois - Lake County prosecutors have reinstated criminal against a former North Chicago police chief that were dismissed by a judge earlier this month.
- Rockies offense can't solve Lester in 3-2 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-29-15 7:19 pm
CHICAGO - Walt Weiss couldn't question his team's fight. But no matter how hard the Colorado Rockies battled, Jon Lester proved unbeatable.
- Chicago man cleared after 17 years in prison shot dead Updated: Jul-29-15 7:13 pm
CHICAGO - A Chicago man who served 17 years in prison for murder before being cleared of the crime has been shot and killed almost three years after being released from prison, police said Wednesday.
- Chicago Bears open first camp under Pace, Fox Updated: Jul-29-15 7:06 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - For all the moves the Chicago Bears made after last season, hiring general manager Ryan Pace and coach John Fox, one change that stands out to Pro Bowl guard Kyle Long is the open feeling.
- Lester strikes out 14 to lead Cubs over Rockies 3-2 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester said he wasn't counting his K's, but he sure dominated like a big-time, big-money starter.
- Kirk's public comments, gaffes raise questions Updated: Jul-29-15 6:44 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk, a first-term Illinois Republican whose seat is key for his party in the 2016 election, has raised questions in recent months with a number of public gaffes. This week, a prominent GOP fundraiser suggested that Kirk step aside for another Republican in the election, then quickly recanted the idea.
- No bond for man charged in fatal shooting of Chicago boy, 7 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:05 pm
CHICAGO - A 20-year-old man charged in the July 4 shooting death of a 7-year-old Chicago boy was ordered held without bond in a hearing Wednesday that followed his extradition from Wisconsin.
- Owner of closed Chicago hospital sentenced in bribery scheme Updated: Jul-29-15 5:35 pm
CHICAGO - The owner of a closed hospital on Chicago's West Side has been sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison for bribing doctors to send patients there.
- Grain lower and livestock mostly higher Updated: Jul-29-15 3:46 pm
CHICAGO - Grain futures were lower Wednesday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Wheaton College ends student health plans over birth control Updated: Jul-29-15 3:25 pm
WHEATON, Illinois - Wheaton College in suburban Chicago will stop offering health insurance plans to students beginning Friday in an effort to avoid providing birth control coverage mandated by the Affordable Care Act.
- Jose Reyes makes Rockies debut against Cubs Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 pm
- Reliever Ramirez to DL, Cubs promote pair of relievers Updated: Jul-29-15 1:54 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago placed right-handed relief pitcher Neil Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with left abdominal soreness.