- New tests to reveal Chicago beach water quality within hours Updated: May-26-15 6:14 am
CHICAGO - Chicago officials say they'll now know within hours whether water is safe for swimming at several city beaches.
- Chicago man who went missing in Wisconsin River found dead Updated: May-26-15 2:47 am
WISCONSIN DELLS, Wisconsin - Authorities say they've found the body of a 21-year-old Chicago man who disappeared in the Wisconsin River near Wisconsin Dells.
- Cubs fall short in 2-1 loss to Nationals Updated: May-25-15 7:32 pm
CHICAGO - The Cubs played good enough to win. The first-place Washington Nationals just played and pitched a bit better.
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1 Updated: May-25-15 7:20 pm
CHICAGO - Tanner Roark made a successful return to Washington's rotation on Monday. It was like he never left.
- Standoff between Rauner, Democrats hangs over Legislature Updated: May-25-15 5:41 pm
CHICAGO - A standoff between Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner and Democrats who control the Illinois Legislature is threatening to derail action on a long list of issues as lawmakers enter the final days of their spring session.
- Safety system needed before Illinois line operational Updated: May-25-15 4:43 pm
CHICAGO - A safety feature that slows trains traveling dangerously fast is one of the last components that must be installed before a Chicago-St. Louis high-speed line becomes operational, officials said.
- Chicago police seek help finding driver in fatal hit-and-run Updated: May-25-15 11:25 am
CHICAGO - Police are asking the public for information that helps them find the driver of a car that struck and killed a 5-year-old girl on Chicago's southwest side.
- Dozier powers Twins past White Sox 8-1 Updated: May-24-15 6:56 pm
CHICAGO - Brian Dozier thinks the Minnesota Twins bring their aggressive style against all their opponents.
- Harper has 2 RBIs and Nationals beat Phillies 4-1 Updated: May-24-15 6:18 pm
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper doesn't always have to smash a baseball deep into the bleachers to help the Washington Nationals win a game.
- White Sox announcer Hawk Harrelson to miss trip Updated: May-24-15 5:57 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago White Sox television announcer Hawk Harrelson will miss the team's 11-game trip because of a minor surgical procedure.
- Officials: $1M spent on medical care for jailed Chicago teen Updated: May-24-15 3:11 pm
CHICAGO - A talented teenage basketball player unable to post bond on a low-level burglary charge ended up ingesting screws, needles, a 4-inch piece of metal and other objects while behind bars, leading the jail to spend more than $1 million in medical care on him.
- Sailor from Chicago suburb dies on deployment in Abu Dhabi Updated: May-24-15 5:06 am
LISLE, Illinois - A U.S. sailor from the Chicago suburb of Lisle has died in a noncombat incident during his first deployment overseas.
- Blackhawks stay patient and perfect in postseason overtime Updated: May-24-15 2:56 am
CHICAGO - One lucky bounce.
- Blackhawks beat Ducks 5-4 in Game 4 of Western final Updated: May-24-15 2:56 am
- Ducks lose 5-4 to Blackhawks in Game 4 of Western final Updated: May-24-15 1:48 am
- Man set for deportation granted reprieve to donate kidney Updated: May-23-15 4:56 pm
CHICAGO - A man set to be deported after pleading guilty to burglary has instead been temporarily released by immigration authorities in northern Illinois so he can donate a kidney to his sister.
- Law fails to stop Illinois schools from fattening pensions Updated: May-23-15 2:29 pm
CHICAGO - A 2005 state law has failed to discourage many Illinois school districts from using large pay raises to fatten the pensions of retiring educators, according to a newspaper examination of state records.
- Video captures Chicago officer apparently asleep Updated: May-23-15 12:19 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Police Department has disciplined an officer with a five-day unpaid suspension after video shot by a passer-by caught him apparently sleeping in his patrol SUV.
- Medical pot businesses to battle black market for customers Updated: May-23-15 10:19 am
CHICAGO - Black-market marijuana will be cheaper than legal medical cannabis, so when state-regulated retail shops open later this year, they'll need incentives to get patients in the door.
- 4-year-old girl shot in head outside Chicago prom party Updated: May-23-15 10:17 am
CHICAGO - A 4-year-old girl was shot in the head outside a home in Chicago where relatives were attending a high school prom party.
- Twins get shut down by Samardzija, lost 3-2 to White Sox Updated: May-23-15 12:17 am
- Konerko to have No. 14 retired by White Sox Updated: May-22-15 11:09 pm
CHICAGO - Paul Konerko arrived at the ballpark with a clear mind, even a sense of relief.
- Blackhawks recall defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk from minors Updated: May-22-15 6:21 pm
- Cubs owner purchases Wrigley rooftop buildings Updated: May-22-15 5:43 pm
CHICAGO - Cook County property tax records show that an entity controlled by the owner of the Chicago Cubs has purchased three more rooftop buildings next to Wrigley Field.
- Illinois mom takes son's place at graduation after he dies Updated: May-22-15 4:49 pm
CALUMET CITY, Illinois - The mother of a suburban Chicago teenager killed in a drunken-driving crash less than a week before his high school graduation took his place at the ceremony, wearing his cap and gown.