- Cubs hit 3 HRs, break loose to beat Reds 8-4 Updated: Apr-19-14 6:14 pm
- 5 killed, 13 wounded in Chicago shootings Updated: Apr-19-14 5:07 pm
- Gov. Quinn backs state spending for Obama library Updated: Apr-19-14 3:50 pm
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke Updated: Apr-19-14 11:14 am
- New festival to honor Studs Terkel Updated: Apr-19-14 4:04 am
- Chicago cops to patrol most violent areas on bikes Updated: Apr-19-14 4:04 am
- APNewsBreak: Medicaid paid $12M for Illinois dead Updated: Apr-18-14 7:44 pm
- Cubs drop 5th straight, 4-1 to Reds Updated: Apr-18-14 7:35 pm
- Democrats: Illinois schools could face major cuts Updated: Apr-18-14 7:08 pm
- Teenager dies after being pulled from Ill. pond Updated: Apr-18-14 6:19 pm
- Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license Updated: Apr-18-14 5:46 pm
- Improved Gibson key for Bulls Updated: Apr-18-14 5:44 pm
- Former gov't informant charged with wire fraud Updated: Apr-18-14 5:25 pm
- Bond set for teen in shooting of 14-year-old Updated: Apr-18-14 5:11 pm
- Reds' Phillips leaves game because of back spasms Updated: Apr-18-14 3:57 pm
- GOP lawmaker objects to 9-0 vote for Obama library Updated: Apr-18-14 2:23 pm
- Simpson signs with DePaul Updated: Apr-18-14 11:09 am
- Illinois GOP leaders to urge immigration reform Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- Chicago transit work could demolish 16 buildings Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- Chicago plans playground improvements at parks Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- State to spend $10 million on Cook County projects Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- Hawks' Wirtz creates Northwestern endowment fund Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- Film Office looks for short films for contest Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- Wallenda scouts Chicago sites for tightrope walk Updated: Apr-17-14 9:44 pm
- Napoli back in Red Sox lineup after missing game Updated: Apr-17-14 9:06 pm
CHICAGO - Five people have been killed and at least 13 others have been wounded in shootings across Chicago since Friday evening.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn is throwing his support behind a proposal to spend $100 million in state funds to sweeten Chicago's bid for the Obama presidential library and museum.
CHICAGO - A jury has awarded $14 million to a suburban Chicago woman who sued her doctor over a debilitating stroke she suffered after taking the birth control drug Yasmin.
CHICAGO - The University of Chicago plans a festival to honor late writer and broadcaster Studs Terkel.
CHICAGO - Some of the police officers who have been patrolling Chicago's most violent neighborhoods on foot are getting bicycles.
CHICAGO - The Illinois Medicaid program paid an estimated $12 million for medical services for people listed as deceased in other state records, according to an internal state government memo.
CHICAGO - Jeff Samardzija has had a hard time finding run support this season. The same could be said for all Chicago Cubs' pitchers.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Most of Illinois' 860 school districts would see cuts in funding if the state's temporary tax increase is rolled back as scheduled, according to a document being circulated as part of Illinois Democrats' campaign to preserve the tax hike and push to update the state's school funding formula.
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - Suburban Chicago authorities say a teenager has died after he was pulled from a McHenry County pond.
CHICAGO - Cook County has issued its 1,000th marriage license to a same-sex couple.
DEERFIELD, Illinois - Taj Gibson flashed back to the grueling workouts in the searing Southern California heat last summer.
CHICAGO - A Chicago real estate developer who was a key government witness in corruption cases is facing federal charges after authorities say he stole $370,000 from a Chicago suburb.
CHICAGO - Bond has been set at $950,000 for a Chicago teenager accused of shooting a 14-year-old after the victim denied being a street gang member.
CHICAGO - At least one Republican lawmaker says he's filing a protest after an Illinois House committee recorded a 9-0 vote to commit $100 million to bring President Barack Obama's library to Chicago, even though only five Democrats - and none of the committee's four GOP members - were there.
CHICAGO - Former Chicago high school star Aaron Simpson has signed a letter of intent to play at DePaul next season.
CHICAGO - Candidate for governor Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) and other top Illinois Republicans will join the Illinois Business Immigration Coalition at a gathering next week to urge Congress to adopt immigration reform.
CHICAGO - Transit officials have announced plans to untangle one of Chicago's worst commuter train choke points, and it may involve the destruction of 16 buildings.
CHICAGO - Chicago officials held groundbreaking ceremonies for new playgrounds at three city parks, kicking off a project to refurbish or build 103 playgrounds around the city this year.
CHICAGO - The state of Illinois is investing more than $10 million for construction projects in Cook County.
CHICAGO - Chicago Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz and his wife Marilyn are creating an endowment fund for Northwestern University's theater program.
CHICAGO - The Illinois Film Office is looking for entries for this year's Shortcuts contest for makers of short films.
CHICAGO - Daredevil Nik Wallenda is in Chicago scouting possible locations for a tightrope walk between two Windy City skyscrapers in the fall.
CHICAGO - First basemen Mike Napoli was back in Boston's starting lineup on Thursday night, two days after dislocating a finger on his left hand.