- Teen killed by Chicago officer had broken, troubled family Updated: Nov-26-15 11:41 am
CHICAGO - A black teenager shot 16 times by a white Chicago police officer was a ward of the state when he died, having spent years being shuttled between different relatives' homes and foster care from the time he was 3.
- Rauner faces challenges in move to block Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-26-15 11:31 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner says his moratorium attempting to block Syrian refugees from resettling in Illinois is simply a request for the Obama administration to "take a deep breath" and tighten the review process to make sure Washington shares necessary information with the states.
- The Latest: 4 arrested during Wednesday evening protests Updated: Nov-26-15 10:43 am
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- Chicago schools prepare lesson plan on teen's shooting Updated: Nov-26-15 8:06 am
CHICAGO - Officials of Chicago Public Schools say they're preparing for the fallout resulting from the video showing a police officer shooting 17-year-old Laquan McDonald.
- Chicago Public Schools reverses special education cuts Updated: Nov-26-15 4:20 am
CHICAGO - Chicago Public Schools officials have reversed course and will add dozens of teacher and aide positions for students with special needs.
- Former Chicago Transit workers sentenced in fraud scheme Updated: Nov-26-15 4:10 am
CHICAGO - Two former Chicago Transit Authority workers have been sentenced in a fraud scheme.
- Protesters to target Chicago shopping area on Black Friday Updated: Nov-25-15 11:16 pm
CHICAGO - Small groups of demonstrators gathered throughout the day Wednesday to protest the death of a black teen shot 16 times by a white police officer, and they urged supporters to join them in trying to shut down Chicago's famous Michigan Avenue shopping district during the Black Friday shopping bonanza.
- Chicago officer who shot teen amassed 18 civilian complaints Updated: Nov-25-15 5:18 pm
CHICAGO - The white Chicago police officer charged with first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a black teenager was the subject of 18 civilian complaints over 14 years, including allegations that he used racial epithets and excessive force, police and court records show.
- News Guide: Protests of Chicago teen's shooting continue Updated: Nov-25-15 4:08 pm
CHICAGO - Protest groups returned to the streets of Chicago on Wednesday, one day after the city released a squad-car video showing a white police officer fatally shoot a black teenager.
- Catcher Alex Avila and White Sox reach $2.5 million deal Updated: Nov-25-15 2:34 pm
CHICAGO - Free agent catcher Alex Avila and the Chicago White Sox have agreed to a $2.5 million, one-year contract.
- Most Illinois metro jobless rates fall but many lose jobs Updated: Nov-25-15 1:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois Department of Employment Security says unemployment rates dropped in most of the state's metro areas in October.
- Grain mostly higher, livestock higher Updated: Nov-25-15 10:41 am
CHICAGO - Grain futures were mostly higher Wednesday in early trading on the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Gary's Vacant to Vibrant projects get kudos from residents Updated: Nov-25-15 5:05 am
GARY, Indiana - City officials gathered with nonprofit and federal partners Monday morning to officially open a rain garden on a formerly abandoned lot in the city's Aetna neighborhood.
- Suburban Chicago teacher sentenced for child pornography Updated: Nov-25-15 3:31 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A former suburban Chicago substitute teacher has been sentenced to 49 months in prison for possession of child pornography.
- Illinois-Chicago heats up to whip Roosevelt 96-58 Updated: Nov-24-15 11:02 pm
CHICAGO - Tai Odiase scored 23 points, Jake Wiegand added 16 and Illinois-Chicago dominated the second half for a 96-58 win over Roosevelt on Tuesday.
- White Sox acquire RHP Kahnle from Rockies for minor leaguer Updated: Nov-24-15 5:31 pm
- Lawsuit challenges Illinois ban on marijuana campaign money Updated: Nov-24-15 4:19 pm
CHICAGO - Two Libertarian political candidates have asked a federal court to declare unconstitutional an Illinois ban on political contributions from the state's new medical marijuana industry.
- Congressional hopeful rejected by GOP in '14 running again Updated: Nov-24-15 2:56 pm
NILES, Illinois - A suburban Chicago woman whom GOP officials unsuccessfully tried to toss from their 2014 primary ballot after she linked same-sex marriage and abortions to autism, dementia and tornadoes is running for Congress again.
- Chicago Fire of MLS hires Valjko Paunovic as coach Updated: Nov-24-15 2:48 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Fire have hired Serbian Veljko Paunovic as coach to replace the fired Frank Yallop.
- Chicago Bears begin 3-week practice window for WR White Updated: Nov-24-15 2:11 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - The Chicago Bears opened a three-week practice window for rookie receiver Kevin White to determine if they will activate him this season.
- Police offer tips to avoid pickpockets, other thieves Updated: Nov-24-15 4:00 am
CHICAGO - Chicago police are urging holiday shoppers to be extra cautious to avoid criminals.
- Chicago teachers rally to push ahead stalled contract talks Updated: Nov-24-15 3:31 am
CHICAGO - Hundreds of Chicago teachers and their supporters held a rally as the fight continues between the teachers union and the school district for a new contract.
- Illini escape with buzzer-beater, 82-79 over Chicago State Updated: Nov-23-15 11:51 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois wasn't too worried about style points. After one of the worst starts in school history, the Illini just needed a win.
- Chicago police leader: Fire officer who killed unarmed woman Updated: Nov-23-15 11:42 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago police superintendent is recommending that an officer who shot and killed an unarmed black woman in 2012 be fired.
- Sore Packers need to bounce back for Thanksgiving night Updated: Nov-23-15 8:58 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Packers celebrated the end of their three-game losing streak and return to the top of the NFC North on the flight home from Minnesota.