- Chicago gun laws not as strict as they once were Updated: Oct-07-15 1:09 am
CHICAGO - The mass shooting at an Oregon community college last week thrust the debate over the nation's gun laws to the center of the presidential race. At least some of the Republicans who are running have pointed to Chicago as proof that gun control does not work.
- Butler, McDermott pace Bulls over Bucks, 105-95 Updated: Oct-06-15 10:46 pm
- Bears place Will Montgomery on injured reserve Updated: Oct-06-15 8:06 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Chicago Bears center Will Montgomery will miss the remainder of the season because of a broken left fibula.
- Chicago police chief takes tough questions after complaints Updated: Oct-06-15 7:41 pm
CHICAGO - Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy fielded fierce questions on Tuesday from aldermen who demanded he be fired over claims Chicago's top cop hasn't done enough to curb rising street violence.
- Blackhawks place D Rozsival on long-term injured reserve Updated: Oct-06-15 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks have placed defenseman Michal Rozsival on long-term injured reserve.
- Grain higher, livestock mixed Updated: Oct-06-15 10:43 am
CHICAGO - Grain futures were higher in early trading Tuesday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Suburban college recognized for campus safety efforts Updated: Oct-06-15 4:45 am
ELGIN, Illinois - A suburban Chicago community college has been recognized by state officials for completing a campus safety initiative.
- Metra installs charging stations downtown Chicago Updated: Oct-06-15 4:05 am
CHICAGO - Suburban Chicago's commuter rail agency is providing passengers a place to charge their electronic devices at four downtown train stations.
- Terrorism suspect due in court for 2nd straight day Updated: Oct-06-15 4:01 am
CHICAGO - A suburban Chicago man facing terrorism charges is due in federal court for a second consecutive day.
- Cubs take aim at postseason after making big leap Updated: Oct-05-15 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - No matter how the playoffs turn out for the Chicago Cubs, manager Joe Maddon wanted to know one thing.
- Chicago Bears lose center Will Montgomery to leg fracture Updated: Oct-05-15 5:49 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Quarterback Jay Cutler seems over his hamstring problems. The Chicago Bears now have to worry about who's available to block for him.
- Chicago police commander to go on trial for tough tactics Updated: Oct-05-15 3:04 pm
CHICAGO - When a West Side neighborhood decayed into a deadly shooting gallery, the Chicago police chief said he was sending his "best guy" into the fray to turn back the drug- and gang-fueled violence.
- Verizon moving center to Rolling Meadows, adding 200 jobs Updated: Oct-05-15 2:39 pm
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois - Verizon Wireless says it plans to add 200 workers at a new call center in Chicago's western suburbs beginning next year.
- White Sox move on after disappointing season Updated: Oct-05-15 1:03 pm
CHICAGO - David Robertson came to the Chicago White Sox with an eye on closing meaningful games in October, and he can still see it happening.
- Chicago terrorism suspect found competent to stand trial Updated: Oct-05-15 12:59 pm
CHICAGO - A court-ordered report has found that a 21-year-old suburban Chicago man facing terrorism charges is competent to stand trial despite his talk of shadowy conspiracies.
- MLB: Chicago Cubs Kris Bryant jersey is top seller Updated: Oct-05-15 11:06 am
CHICAGO - Kris Bryant hasn't played a single game in the postseason but already he's a winner.
- Illinois Senate to get 2 new members to fill vacancies Updated: Oct-05-15 10:40 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two lawmakers are set to be sworn in to fill vacancies in the Illinois Senate.
- Nonprofit continues fight against Lucas Museum in Chicago Updated: Oct-05-15 8:06 am
CHICAGO - A nonprofit group has filed an updated complaint in federal court as part of its efforts to keep filmmaker George Lucas from building a museum along Lake Michigan in Chicago.
- Number of Chicago heroin overdoses hits 74 in 3 days Updated: Oct-03-15 3:46 pm
CHICAGO - Authorities in Chicago say a recent rise in heroin overdoses is continuing to climb.
- Forward Bickell clears waivers, remains with Blackhawks Updated: Oct-03-15 1:48 pm
CHICAGO - Blackhawks forward Bryan Bickell has cleared waivers and will remain with the Stanley Cup champions for now.
- Chicago man charged in 20-month-old's death acquitted Updated: Oct-03-15 4:05 am
CHICAGO - A Cook County jury has acquitted a Chicago man charged with first-degree murder in the 2010 death of a 20-month-old girl.
- Davis hits another homer, but Brewers fall 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Oct-03-15 1:05 am
- Tigers lose to White Sox 2-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:01 am
CHICAGO - Alfredo Simon hasn't had the easiest of seasons, battling inconsistency and injury. Even a solid eight-inning effort wasn't good enough to beat Chris Sale.
- Cubs beat Brewers, try to keep up in race to host wild card Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 am
- Sale sets strikeout record in White Sox's 2-1 win Updated: Oct-02-15 10:38 pm
CHICAGO - Chris Sale allowed one run over seven-plus innings and set a White Sox season strikeout record as Chicago beat the Detroit Tigers 2-1 on Friday night.