- The Latest: Union workers protest outside Tropicana casino Updated: May-06-16 7:37 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on a protest by casino workers at the Tropicana (all times local):
- Workers are losing ground as Atlantic City casinos struggle Updated: May-06-16 6:48 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casino workers are making only 80 cents an hour more now than they did 12 years ago, having opted instead to secure benefits like health insurance and retirement plans as the casino industry shrunk and four properties went out of business.
- Bernie Sanders plans pair of New Jersey rallies Updated: May-06-16 9:47 am
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is headed to New Jersey for a pair of campaign rallies.
- Atlantic City nearer to bankruptcy as aid effort crashes Updated: May-05-16 6:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Atlantic City is closer than ever to having to file for bankruptcy after state lawmakers' efforts to help it crashed and burned Thursday.
- The Latest: Christie wants lawmakers to move past AC drama Updated: May-05-16 6:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on Atlantic City's finances (all times local):
- In Atlantic City, a park for art becomes a parking lot Updated: May-05-16 3:11 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - An art park in Atlantic City is being paved over to make way for a parking lot.
- As Atlantic City goes broke, pols bicker over aid plans Updated: May-04-16 5:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - As Atlantic City edges closer to going broke, state lawmakers continue to bicker over how to prevent that from happening.
- Atlantic City police car collides with another vehicle Updated: May-04-16 6:43 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Officials are investigating a collision involving an Atlantic City police car and another vehicle.
- Police sergeant admits lying to FBI about cash bank deposits Updated: May-03-16 3:33 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say an Atlantic City police sergeant admitted she structured financial transactions to avoid filing required reports and lied to federal agents about her relationship with a convicted drug dealer.
- Christie vetoes bill supporting windmills off Atlantic City Updated: May-02-16 4:36 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a bill supporting a proposed windmill farm off the coast of Atlantic City.
- Atlantic City avoids default, makes $1.8M bond payment Updated: May-02-16 1:55 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Financially strapped Atlantic City scraped together enough money to make a $1.8 million bond payment Monday morning, narrowly avoiding becoming the first New Jersey municipality to default on its debt in 78 years.
- The Latest: Atlantic City makes $1.8M bond payment Updated: May-02-16 11:13 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on Atlantic City's collapsing financial situation (all times local):
- Man gets prison sentence for 'repeat' robberies of 2 banks Updated: Apr-30-16 3:51 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A man who admitted he robbed two banks months after he was released from prison for robberies at the same banks five years earlier is headed back to prison.
- Man sentenced for luring, sexually assaulting young girl Updated: Apr-30-16 11:30 am
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - An Atlantic City man who lured and sexually assaulted a 7-year-old girl is now headed to state prison.
- Leaders discussed ouster of New Jersey Assembly speaker Updated: Apr-27-16 6:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey Democratic party official says leaders have discussed the possibility of ousting the speaker of the Assembly.
- Atlantic City won't consider 20 percent pay cut proposal Updated: Apr-26-16 5:59 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A proposal by an Atlantic City councilman for a 20 percent pay cut on elected and appointed officials lasted only a few hours before it was shot down.
- Teacher fired after breaking up fight gets job back Updated: Apr-26-16 6:12 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A teacher who was fired after breaking up a fight between two students in Atlantic City is getting his job back.
- New Jersey indict dozens in alleged bank fraud scheme Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Authorities in New Jersey have indicted four dozen people in a bank fraud scheme they say raked in more than $500,000.
- Bill would let Atlantic City end lifeguard pension system Updated: Apr-25-16 3:27 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers have introduced a bill that would no longer require Atlantic City and other local governments to have a pension system for retired lifeguards.
- Atlantic City grapples with how family-friendly it should be Updated: Apr-23-16 11:37 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - On a sunny Sunday in spring, three generations and three branches of Pam Moody's family went to have fun at Gillian's Wonderland Pier on the Ocean City Boardwalk.
- Transportation funding debate steering toward summer Updated: Apr-23-16 10:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - It could be well into the summer shore season before New Jersey residents and out-of-state drivers have any certainty on whether the state's gas tax is going up to pay for road and bridge work.
- Revel casino owner planning to re-open - with a ropes course Updated: Apr-22-16 10:23 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The new owner of Atlantic City's troubled Revel casino is getting ready to welcome guests back - for a rope course.
- Regulator: AC casinos hiring 2,400 this year, 600 full-time Updated: Apr-21-16 5:36 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A top Atlantic City casino regulator said Thursday the gambling halls plan to hire more workers this year.
- Atlantic City takeover threat reopens residents' old wounds Updated: Apr-18-16 12:39 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Since long before the first casino went up, there has been a strong feeling of being left out and left behind among the mostly minority population of this seaside gambling resort.
- Christie's legacy comes into focus over Atlantic City fight Updated: Apr-16-16 9:58 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie has been trying to solve Atlantic City's financial struggles since 2010 with mixed results. With less than two years left in office, he's making a big push to change that.