- Outdoor Campus recovers from arson; ready for weekend event Updated: Jul-31-15 11:04 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls residents have come to the rescue of an outdoors program targeted by an arsonist.
- Suspect in shooting on Wagner's Main Street arrested Updated: Jul-31-15 7:23 am
WAGNER, South Dakota - Authorities have arrested a man accused of shooting another man in Wagner earlier this month.
- Man serving life term for 1970 slaying in Sioux Falls dies Updated: Jul-30-15 11:55 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A man serving life in prison for killing a woman in Sioux Falls 45 years ago has died.
- Sioux Falls teenager quits job over issue of short shorts Updated: Jul-30-15 7:32 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls teenager has garnered national attention by quitting her job when told by a manager that her shorts were too short.
- Campaign to ease state's pot laws kicks off in Sioux Falls Updated: Jul-29-15 10:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Tattooed bikers, middle-aged health care workers, blue-collar manufacturing employees and others converged on a Sioux Falls bar Wednesday night to work toward a shared goal: easing marijuana penalties in South Dakota.
- Fire prompts evacuation of Sioux Falls motel; no one hurt Updated: Jul-29-15 1:04 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Fire prompted evacuation of a motel in Sioux Falls, but no one was hurt.
- Inmate missing from Sioux Falls prison back in custody Updated: Jul-29-15 11:13 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - An inmate missing from the minimum-security unit at the South Dakota State Penitentiary in Sioux Falls is back in custody.
- Catholic women's group chooses Sioux Falls for convention Updated: Jul-29-15 2:44 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls Convention and Visitors Bureau says that the Catholic Daughters of the Americas has chosen South Dakota's Queen City as the site of the group's 2018 national convention.
- Only 40 gay couples apply to be married in SD in first month Updated: Jul-28-15 5:19 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Forty gay couples in South Dakota applied to be married during the first month following a landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized such unions across the country, according to data provided by the state Department of Health.
- Ground broken for $10.9 million Spanish immersion school Updated: Jul-28-15 7:11 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Public school leaders in Sioux Falls have broken ground for a $10.9 million school for Spanish immersion students.
- Authorities identify woman who drowned in South Dakota lake Updated: Jul-27-15 6:28 pm
MADISON, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities in eastern South Dakota have identified the 25-year-old woman who drowned in Lake Madison over the weekend.
- SD DOT: Pavement repairs set to begin on I-229 this week Updated: Jul-27-15 2:16 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation is starting road repairs in Sioux Falls on I-229 heading south between the Benson Road interchange and the Louise Avenue interchange.
- SD Civil Air Patrol cadet attending national training camp Updated: Jul-26-15 9:08 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Civil Air Patrol cadet from South Dakota is attending a prestigious national training camp at an Air Force Base in Alabama.
- SD man sentenced for rape, sexual contact with young girls Updated: Jul-24-15 6:51 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man who was convicted of rape for having sexual contact with young girls has been sentenced to 10 months in jail.
- Collector asks judge to declare him owner of Elvis' guitar Updated: Jul-24-15 2:58 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A collector claiming to be the rightful owner of a guitar played by Elvis Presley and later donated by a blues guitarist to a South Dakota museum has asked a federal judge to rule in his favor.
- SD woman who fled after crash injured 5 gets 2 years Updated: Jul-23-15 7:16 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota woman who admitted to fleeing after she caused a car crash that injured five people in Sioux Falls has been sentenced to two years in prison.
- Capital One closing Sioux Falls office; 750 people affected Updated: Jul-23-15 6:01 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Capital One is pulling its offices out of Sioux Falls, affecting about 750 South Dakota residents it employs here, the Virginia-based credit card company announced Thursday.
- Armed civilians stand guard outside SD recruiting center Updated: Jul-23-15 5:43 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Armed civilians stood guard Thursday outside a busy military recruiting center in South Dakota, a volunteer effort to protect recruiters following last week's killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Sioux Falls inks $27.3M deal to purchase downtown rail yard Updated: Jul-23-15 12:17 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The city of Sioux Falls plans to pay $27.3 million to BNSF Railway in exchange for about 10 acres of rail yard in the downtown area, where officials hope the deal will bolster a new phase of development.
- Former SD teacher pleads not guilty to shoe cam charges Updated: Jul-23-15 12:04 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A former high school teacher accused of using a camera on his shoe to secretly record women has pleaded not guilty.
- Sentencing set for Sioux Falls bank robber; faces 20 years Updated: Jul-23-15 7:19 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sentencing has been set for a Sioux Falls man who pleaded guilty to robbing a bank in town.
- Trial begins of man accused of harassing Indian kids Updated: Jul-22-15 8:04 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Native Americans and activists packed into a theater doubling as a courtroom on Wednesday in part to protest what they view as lenient treatment of a South Dakota man accused of harassing American Indian children with racial slurs and spilling beer on them at a hockey game.
- Lack of forensic nurse training barrier for SD rape victims Updated: Jul-22-15 1:08 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A lack of forensic training for nurses across much of South Dakota is prolonging the distance rape victims need to travel in search of justice.
- Man sentenced in SD after admitting to pimping woman Updated: Jul-22-15 2:24 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Milwaukee man has been sentenced to 10 months in prison after he admitted to pimping a woman in southeast South Dakota.
- Man accused of strangling woman to death gets life in prison Updated: Jul-21-15 4:34 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota homeless sex offender has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the killing of a Sioux Falls woman.