- Former Colorado College coach takes reins of USHL's Stampede Updated: May-22-15 7:24 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls Stampede has named former longtime Colorado College head coach Scott Owens as coach and general manager of the United States Hockey League franchise.
- 10 shots fired at a car in Sioux Falls; no injuries reported Updated: May-20-15 4:03 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Police in Sioux Falls say a woman's car was shot 10 times while parked outside an apartment complex Wednesday.
- State moving emergency office out of Sioux Falls Updated: May-20-15 10:27 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls is losing its state Emergency Management office in a move that state public safety officials say will better position them to respond to crises and disasters, especially in smaller communities.
- Law enforcement groups team up to curb loud vehicle exhausts Updated: May-19-15 5:21 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Law enforcement agencies in Sioux Falls are teaming up to curb loud vehicle exhausts during the summer.
- Sioux Falls toddler survives 27-foot fall from window Updated: May-19-15 12:14 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police say no criminal charges are expected after a 2-year-old boy fell from a third-floor apartment window.
- Police: Missing South Dakota inmate caught after chase Updated: May-19-15 6:47 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities say an inmate who had walked away from a South Dakota prison has been captured after leading police on separate chases in three states.
- Harrisburg student wins Congressional Art Competition in SD Updated: May-17-15 9:12 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The artwork of a Harrisburg high school student will be displayed at the U.S. Capitol after winning a national contest.
- Sioux Falls couple files lawsuit against neighbors' new home Updated: May-15-15 8:38 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Neighbors who live next to a house under construction in the historic McKennan Park district have filed a lawsuit against the dwelling's owners and the city of Sioux Falls.
- Sioux Falls man loses $12,000 in mail-in lottery scam Updated: May-14-15 7:07 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities in Sioux Falls say a 57-year-old man lost $12,000 in a lottery scam before a relative helped him realize it was a ruse.
- Officials say 24-year-old Sioux Falls man died in Tea crash Updated: May-14-15 6:01 pm
TEA, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol has identified a young motorcyclist who was killed in Tea after he collided with a pickup truck on Wednesday.
- Sex offender pleads guilty in Sioux Falls strangling death Updated: May-14-15 10:53 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A homeless sex offender has pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the killing of a woman inside her Sioux Falls apartment.
- Judge sides with Sioux Falls in ambulance contract dispute Updated: May-13-15 6:42 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A federal judge has ruled in favor of Sioux Falls officials in a lawsuit challenging the city's process to award a contract for a local ambulance service.
- Man rams SUV into police cruiser during traffic stop in SD Updated: May-12-15 4:01 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A 35-year-old man is facing various charges including aggravated assault after ramming a sports utility vehicle into a police cruiser in southeast South Dakota.
- Authorities warn South Dakota residents about running event Updated: May-11-15 6:58 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities in southeast South Dakota are warning residents about a seemingly legitimate running event that could be a scam.
- 2 adults, boy arrested in SD after boy takes pot to school Updated: May-11-15 2:45 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities in South Dakota say a 9-year-old boy, his mother and stepfather have been arrested on drug charges after police discovered that the boy took a baggie with marijuana to school.
- SD beef industry group gives tips ahead of grilling season Updated: May-10-15 11:16 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota beef industry is promoting healthy ways to cook beef amid the start of the summer grilling season.
- Standoff in Sioux Falls ends peacefully with man's surrender Updated: May-08-15 7:20 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police have a man in custody after a three-hour standoff at an apartment building.
- 2 SD students facing charges in high school break-in Updated: May-07-15 7:26 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Two South Dakota students are facing charges after authorities accused them of breaking into a high school and causing $6,000 in damage.
- Man arrested in SD for soliciting 14-year-old girl online Updated: May-07-15 5:36 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A 22-year-old South Dakota man has been arrested for soliciting a 14-year-old girl through Facebook.
- Mercury leak closes SD airport mail-handling facility Updated: May-07-15 2:03 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A mail-handling facility at the airport in Sioux Falls has been temporarily shut down after a package leaking mercury was discovered.
- Longtime Brandon racetrack ending run as Huset's Speedway Updated: May-07-15 11:12 am
BRANDON, South Dakota - Huset's Speedway has been synonymous with the Rubin family for 61 years, but when the 2015 season wraps up, the Brandon racetrack will have new ownership and a new name.
- 2 Sioux Falls students charged with vandalizing high school Updated: May-06-15 6:41 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities in Sioux Falls say two students vandalized a local high school early Wednesday morning, leading officials to delay classes and postpone an Advanced Placement exam.
- Governor fills open Senate seats, GOP to choose leaders Updated: May-06-15 6:36 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Senate is back at full strength, and Republicans are gathering over the weekend to fill two top leadership spots.
- 2 cold case arrests in 2 weeks a matter of coincidence Updated: May-06-15 8:59 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - It's a coincidence that arrests have been made in two cold case killings in the Sioux Falls area in less than two weeks, investigators said.
- Man accused of firing shots at Sioux Falls party arrested Updated: May-05-15 7:58 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - An 18-year-old man is facing four counts of aggravated assault for allegedly firing several rounds from a handgun near downtown Sioux Falls early Tuesday.