- Jordanian jets strike vehicles on Syrian border Updated: Apr-16-14 11:40 am
- Syrian youth footballer killed in mortar attack Updated: Apr-15-14 6:14 am
- Hezbollah develops new tactics in Syrian civil war Updated: Apr-12-14 8:46 am
- Syria chemical destruction deadline still possible Updated: Apr-10-14 12:45 pm
- UN rights chief blames most crimes on Syrian gov't Updated: Apr-08-14 4:49 pm
- Assad preparing to run for president despite war Updated: Mar-29-14 8:44 am
- Syriac Orthodox patriarch buried near Damascus Updated: Mar-28-14 12:11 pm
- Syriac Orthodox Patriarch Zakka Iwas dead at 80 Updated: Mar-21-14 5:31 pm
- Israeli airstrikes escalate tensions with Syria Updated: Mar-19-14 3:05 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordanian military warplanes struck a convoy of vehicles as they were trying to enter Jordan from Syria, the army said in a statement Wednesday, in an unusual move at a time of tensions between the desert kingdom and Damascus.
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Syrian Football Association says a national youth team player has been killed in a mortar attack in the central city of Homs.
BEIRUT - The commandos infiltrated Syrian rebel-held territory near the Lebanese border, watching rebel fighters come and go from a two-story villa before slipping inside to plant a powerful bomb. The next morning, they detonated it as three rebel explosive experts and four assistants met inside, turning the villa to rubble in seconds.
ROTA, Spain - If Syria can remove all its ingredients for making poison gas and nerve agent from the country by the end of the month, an ambitious June 30 deadline for destroying the chemicals should be met, a spokesman for the world's chemical weapons watchdog said Thursday.
UNITED NATIONS - Atrocities by the Syrian government "far outweigh" crimes by the opposition fighters and Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime is "mostly responsible" for the human rights offenses in the three-year war, the U.N. human rights chief said Tuesday.
BEIRUT - Syrian President Bashar Assad is quietly preparing the ground to hold elections by early this summer to win another 7-year term, even as the Syrian conflict rampages into its fourth year with large parts of the country either in ruins or under opposition control and nearly a third of the population scattered by civil war.
DAMASCUS, Syria - The patriarch of the Syriac Orthodox Church, who led one of the world's oldest Christian sects, was buried in a village near Damascus on Friday after an elaborate memorial service in the Syrian capital's cathedral.
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Patriarch of the Syriac Orthodox Church Ignatius Zakka Iwas, the leader of one of world's oldest Christian sects, has died. He was 80.
JERUSALEM - Israeli warplanes unleashed a series of airstrikes on Syrian military posts early Wednesday, killing one soldier and wounding seven in one of the most serious clashes between the countries in the past four decades.