- A look at what migrants are carrying with them to Europe Updated: Sep-01-15 1:53 pm
ROSZKE, Hungary - To survive days on end of walking and improvised camping in harsh weather, they must concentrate on essentials: pain medicine, foot powder and first aid, food and personal hygiene items. The savviest have smartphones with backup battery power and SIM cards that work in the countries they're passing through. Otherwise, they can end up walking in circles without satellite navigation, particularly at night, when many travel to avoid police.
- Syrian refugee mothers care, fear for newborns Updated: Aug-25-15 5:47 am
MAFRAQ, Jordan - Here among the tents of this informal camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan, pregnant mothers have given birth to children they struggle to care for amid sandstorms and crushing poverty.
- Lebanon: 9 Palestinians from Syria drown en route to Turkey Updated: Aug-19-15 4:11 am
BEIRUT - Lebanon's state-run National News Agency says a boat carrying about 40 Palestinians from a refugee camp in Syria capsized en route to Turkey and that at least nine migrants drowned.
- UN: Typhoid outbreak among Palestinian refugees in Syria Updated: Aug-18-15 7:13 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees said Tuesday that there is a typhoid outbreak among civilians from a besieged Palestinian refugee camp on the outskirts of the Syrian capital, with at least six confirmed cases.
- Deadly attacks surge as Iran's foreign minister visits Syria Updated: Aug-12-15 3:23 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - Iran's foreign minister, who negotiated his country's nuclear deal with world powers, discussed ways of ending Syria's civil war with President Bashar Assad in Damascus on Wednesday, as attacks surged around the Syrian capital, killing at least 36 people and wounding dozens.
- Kerry: Deal to bring justice for Syria chemical arms attacks Updated: Aug-06-15 7:20 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry says he hopes an agreement reached with Russia to investigate chemical weapons attacks in Syria will hold the perpetrators accountable.