- Judge: Washington towns fail poor defendants Updated: Dec-04-13 7:32 pm
- Obama pardons turkeys as part of annual rite Updated: Nov-27-13 5:28 pm
- Guilty plea in murder of Mount Vernon man Updated: Nov-27-13 10:53 am
- Patrol: Trooper's death a tragic accident Updated: Nov-18-13 8:01 pm
- Murder plea in beating death of Anacortes man Updated: Nov-14-13 11:55 am
SEATTLE - Two Washington cities have systematically violated the constitutional rights of poor defendants to effective legal representation, a federal judge ruled Wednesday, blaming city officials for being "willfully blind" to the effects of their cost-cutting.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama spared two turkeys from the brine and the oven Wednesday, fulfilling the annual tradition of a presidential pardon for a couple of lucky birds ahead of Thanksgiving Day.
EVERETT, Washington - A Lynnwood man accused of taking part in a drug-related shooting acknowledged Tuesday that a jury had evidence to convict him of second-degree murder.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says multiple factors led to the death of a trooper whose motorcycle collided with a commercial truck near Mount Vernon last May.
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - A man accused of beating his girlfriend's step-grandfather to death pleaded guilty Wednesday in Mount Vernon to first-degree murder.