- Bomb squad dismantles live explosive in Lynnwood Updated: May-05-15 12:58 am
EVERETT, Washington - Authorities are investigating after a live explosive device was found in Lynnwood on Monday morning.
- Report: Medical choppers not close to school shooting Updated: May-01-15 6:48 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The Daily Herald reports (http://is.gd/cZ0UZ7 ) that officials with UW Medicine are acknowledging no life flight helicopters were near a deadly 2014 school shooting in Marysville, a statement which refutes earlier claims helicopters were hovering over the scene but were waved off by paramedics.
- At 92, former Snohomish County judge is retiring - again Updated: May-01-15 1:17 pm
EVERETT, Washington - At age 92, a former Snohomish County Superior Court judge is retiring - again.
- Money missing from safe in Bothell police evidence room Updated: May-01-15 10:44 am
BOTHELL, Washington - A Bothell Police Department employee has been fired and the Washington State Patrol is investigating after an undisclosed amount of money went missing from a safe in the department's evidence room.
- Teen could get 20 years for January shooting death Updated: May-01-15 7:26 am
EVERETT, Washington - A teenager is facing 20 years in jail after he pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the January shooting death of an Everett man during a robbery.
- Feds: Comcast to pay $190,000 to settle discrimination case Updated: Apr-30-15 4:19 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The federal government says Comcast Corp. has agreed to pay nearly $190,000 and to hire more minorities to settle allegations of discriminatory hiring practices at a call center in Everett.
- Charge: Woman accused of pushing boy's face, hand on burner Updated: Apr-29-15 5:04 am
EVERETT, Washington - A Lynnwood, Washington, woman accused of pushing a young boy's face and hand onto a hot stove burner to punish him for playing with matches has been charged with second-degree assault of a child.
- Rays add Cedeno to roster, designate Teaford for assignment Updated: Apr-28-15 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - The Tampa Bay Rays have added Xavier Cedeno to their 25-man roster, a day after acquiring the left-hander from the Los Angeles Dodgers for cash.
- Abandoned sailboat remains on Mukilteo beach Updated: Apr-27-15 10:29 am
MUKILTEO, Washington - It's unclear how long a roughly 25-foot sailboat will remain on a Mukilteo beach after breaking loose and washing ashore.
- Snohomish County head rescinds top manager's pay raise Updated: Apr-24-15 10:26 am
EVERETT, Washington - Facing pressure from councilmembers, the Snohomish County Executive has rescinded a 21 percent pay hike his office approved for the manager of the public defense office.
- Patrol: Deputy ran stop sign, causing Everett crash Updated: Apr-23-15 3:50 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a Snohomish County sheriff's deputy ran a stop sign and caused a crash that seriously injured a pedestrian last week.
- Navy's morning music now louder, longer; neighbors notice Updated: Apr-23-15 4:04 am
EVERETT, Washington - How loud would you like to hear the national anthem played every morning?
- Man gets 90 years for shooting that killed teen girl Updated: Apr-21-15 1:52 pm
EVERETT, Washington - A Snohomish County Superior Court judge Tuesday gave a nearly 91-year prison sentence to a man who went on a shooting spree in Lake Stevens and Marysville and fatally shot a 15-year-old girl as she walked down the street with her friends.
- Snohomish County considering 911 texting Updated: Apr-21-15 9:52 am
EVERETT, Washington - Emergency dispatchers in Snohomish county will try out a 911 texting service.
- Lawsuit claiming dangerous roadway goes forward Updated: Apr-20-15 1:13 pm
EVERETT, Washington - Lawyers for the city of Everett failed to convince a judge to toss out a lawsuit that in part blames a faulty road design for a 2010 crash.
- Everett rejects anti-panhandling proposal after ACLU warning Updated: Apr-16-15 11:26 am
EVERETT, Washington - The Everett City Council has rejected an ordinance that would have made panhandling a criminal offense.
- Snohomish County may rule now on pot rules in May Updated: Apr-16-15 8:05 am
EVERETT, Washington - The Snohomish County Council may decide next month whether to change the rules for marijuana businesses.
- Wash. ferry briefly loses power with 173 aboard; all OK Updated: Apr-16-15 1:17 am
MUKILTEO, Washington - A Washington State Ferries spokeswoman says the ferry Tokitae, which briefly lost power Wednesday evening with 173 people on board, will be back in service Thursday morning on the Mukilteo (Muck-ill-TEO) -Clinton route.
- Arlington, Wash., officer struck by hit-run driver Updated: Apr-11-15 3:05 am
ARLINGTON, Washington - An Arlington, Washington, spokeswoman says a police officer was struck by a hit and run driver late Friday night.
- Everett teen, 17, gets 24 years for bludgeoning his guardian Updated: Apr-10-15 9:58 am
EVERETT, Washington - A 17-year-old mentally ill teen has been sentenced to 24 years in prison for bludgeoning to death the guardian who had raised him since he was a toddler.
- Senior center van driver arrested after riders complain Updated: Apr-08-15 9:23 pm
EVERETT, Washington - A Washington state trooper says 11 senior citizens who boarded a van for an excursion to the Skagit Valley tulip fields became alarmed when their driver started driving over curbs and running stop signs.
- Timber sale near Index proceeds after another look Updated: Apr-06-15 9:34 am
INDEX, Washington - The state is moving forward with a $1.2 million timber sale on state lands in Snohomish County, following additional reviews of potential landslide risks.
- Everett may limit alcohol sales Updated: Apr-06-15 7:34 am
EVERETT, Washington - The Everett City Council is weighing whether to establish areas where the sale of certain cheap, high-alcohol content beverages would be prohibited.