- Armed man who caused Seattle-area court evacuation arrested Updated: May-24-15 3:37 pm
EVERETT, Washington - Officials say a man who prompted the evacuation of a Washington state courthouse has been arrested without incident about a mile away from the building.
- Man arrested after fleeing on motorcycle, bike, in truck Updated: May-21-15 6:15 am
EVERETT, Washington - A man is being held in Snohomish County Jail after briefly eluding police in a stolen truck, on a motorcycle and on a child's stolen bicycle.
- State: 4 shops sold marijuana to minors in sting operations Updated: May-20-15 7:08 pm
SEATTLE - Four of the 22 legal pot shops tested in an initial round of sting operations this month failed by selling to minors - even though the shops were warned about the operations days ahead of time, Washington regulators said Wednesday.
- Monroe inmate accused in fatal attack on fellow prisoner Updated: May-19-15 6:20 am
MONROE, Washington - A 35-year-old inmate at the Washington state prison in Monroe is accused of hitting, kicking and stomping a fellow prisoner who suffered head injuries and later died in an Everett hospital.
- Decomposed body found in Monroe, Wash., park Updated: May-18-15 9:50 pm
MONROE, Washington - A Monroe, Washington, police spokeswoman says a decomposed body has been found in a park.
- Snohomish County getting Lake Ketchum cleaned up Updated: May-18-15 1:56 pm
EVERETT, Washington - Lake Ketchum has undergone two treatments so far as part of a Snohomish County water quality project meant to clean up the 25-acre lake surrounded by houses, a parking area and a boat dock.
- Ore. authorities arrest man accused of abducting Calif. girl Updated: May-14-15 10:37 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - An Everett, Washington, man accused of abducting a 15-year-old California girl he met online, sexually assaulting her and finally letting her go in Oregon was arrested Thursday by police and FBI agents on the north Oregon coast.
- Driver fined after truck tipped, spilled millions of bees Updated: May-13-15 3:12 pm
LYNNWOOD, Washington - The driver of a semitrailer carrying more than 13 million honeybees that overturned and scattered hives on a Washington highway last month has been fined $550.
- Shell: Company will bring drill rigs to Seattle terminal Updated: May-12-15 11:31 pm
SEATTLE - Despite a Seattle port commission request that Royal Dutch Shell delay any moorage of oil exploration vessels in the city pending further legal review, a Shell spokesman said Tuesday his company will bring its rigs to a terminal as planned to prepare for exploratory drilling in Arctic waters.
- Wife accused of firing gun in chores argument with husband Updated: May-11-15 11:59 pm
MARYSVILLE, Washington - Police in Marysville, Washington, say a woman accused of firing a gun while arguing with her husband of more than 30 years told them she wasn't trying to shoot the man but was angry that he wasn't helping around the house.
- 17-year-old girl dies after getting struck by freight train Updated: May-11-15 4:49 pm
ARLINGTON, Washington - The 17-year-old killed by a freight train near Arlington over the weekend was a high school student athlete who had signed on to compete in track and cross country at the University of British Columbia next year.
- Pedestrian hit, killed while on Interstate 5 in Everett Updated: May-10-15 2:49 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a 55-year-old man who was standing in a lane of traffic on Interstate 5 was struck and killed early Sunday.
- Shell's drillship to dock in Everett before Seattle Updated: May-08-15 10:10 am
SEATTLE - The Noble Discoverer, the drillship that's part of Royal Dutch Shell's Arctic drilling fleet, will arrive in Everett next week. That's according to the Port of Everett.
- Snohomish County council votes to ban pot-growing operations Updated: May-08-15 9:23 am
EVERETT, Washington - The Snohomish County council has passed an ordinance that bans pot-growing operations from opening shop in certain rural areas.
- Seattle barrel recycler settles penalty Updated: May-07-15 2:01 pm
EVERETT, Washington - A Seattle company that recycles industrial barrels has agreed to pay $30,000 to the state to settle a larger environmental penalty.
- Bomb squad dismantles live explosive in Lynnwood Updated: May-05-15 12:58 am
EVERETT, Washington - Authorities are investigating after a live explosive device was found in Lynnwood on Monday morning.
- Report: Medical choppers not close to school shooting Updated: May-01-15 6:48 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The Daily Herald reports (http://is.gd/cZ0UZ7 ) that officials with UW Medicine are acknowledging no life flight helicopters were near a deadly 2014 school shooting in Marysville, a statement which refutes earlier claims helicopters were hovering over the scene but were waved off by paramedics.
- At 92, former Snohomish County judge is retiring - again Updated: May-01-15 1:17 pm
EVERETT, Washington - At age 92, a former Snohomish County Superior Court judge is retiring - again.
- Money missing from safe in Bothell police evidence room Updated: May-01-15 10:44 am
BOTHELL, Washington - A Bothell Police Department employee has been fired and the Washington State Patrol is investigating after an undisclosed amount of money went missing from a safe in the department's evidence room.
- Teen could get 20 years for January shooting death Updated: May-01-15 7:26 am
EVERETT, Washington - A teenager is facing 20 years in jail after he pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the January shooting death of an Everett man during a robbery.
- Feds: Comcast to pay $190,000 to settle discrimination case Updated: Apr-30-15 4:19 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The federal government says Comcast Corp. has agreed to pay nearly $190,000 and to hire more minorities to settle allegations of discriminatory hiring practices at a call center in Everett.
- Charge: Woman accused of pushing boy's face, hand on burner Updated: Apr-29-15 5:04 am
EVERETT, Washington - A Lynnwood, Washington, woman accused of pushing a young boy's face and hand onto a hot stove burner to punish him for playing with matches has been charged with second-degree assault of a child.
- Rays add Cedeno to roster, designate Teaford for assignment Updated: Apr-28-15 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - The Tampa Bay Rays have added Xavier Cedeno to their 25-man roster, a day after acquiring the left-hander from the Los Angeles Dodgers for cash.
- Abandoned sailboat remains on Mukilteo beach Updated: Apr-27-15 10:29 am
MUKILTEO, Washington - It's unclear how long a roughly 25-foot sailboat will remain on a Mukilteo beach after breaking loose and washing ashore.
- Snohomish County head rescinds top manager's pay raise Updated: Apr-24-15 10:26 am
EVERETT, Washington - Facing pressure from councilmembers, the Snohomish County Executive has rescinded a 21 percent pay hike his office approved for the manager of the public defense office.