- Thousands without power as Phoenix recovers from big storm Updated: Sep-01-15 11:01 pm
PHOENIX - Thousands of Phoenix-area residents and businesses, including a food bank, remained without power a day after a monsoon storm knocked down trees, damaged buildings and toppled a tractor-trailer on a freeway.
- Man accused of helping student get to ISIS stays in custody Updated: Sep-01-15 6:52 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona man accused of helping a New York college student join the Islamic State in Syria will remain in federal custody.
- Temperatures in August set and near heat records in Phoenix Updated: Sep-01-15 4:52 pm
PHOENIX - Last month went into the record books as one of the hottest Augusts for Phoenix.
- Shots hit 4 vehicles on I-10 in Phoenix; unclear if related Updated: Sep-01-15 10:19 am
PHOENIX - Authorities are trying to determine if the same person fired gunshots at four vehicles along a Phoenix freeway over a three-day span.
- Ruling upholds requirement for DNA samples in death probe Updated: Sep-01-15 9:29 am
PHOENIX - A federal appeals court has ruled that Phoenix police officials acted reasonably in requiring three officers to provide DNA samples for an investigation into a sergeant's death.
- Arizona DPS: Shots hit 4 vehicles on I-10 in Phoenix; 1 hurt Updated: Sep-01-15 1:16 am
PHOENIX - Shots have been fired at four vehicles on Interstate 10 in Phoenix since Saturday morning and authorities are trying to determine if the incidents are connected.
- LB Alexander, P Zastudil among 11 players cut by Cardinals Updated: Aug-31-15 7:15 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Outside linebacker and longtime special teams standout Lorenzo Alexander and veteran punter Dave Zastudil were among 11 players released by the Arizona Cardinals on Monday.
- Child Safety Department revoking group homes' license Updated: Aug-31-15 6:55 pm
PHOENIX - The state Department of Child Safety on Monday said it was moving to revoke the license of a Mesa company that runs four group homes for troubled youth in the Phoenix area.
- Investigators: Arizona woman acknowledges drowning twin sons Updated: Aug-31-15 6:11 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona woman told investigators that she drowned her 2-year-old twin sons and tried to kill her 3-year-old stepbrother in the same way because she didn't want them to live with the difficulties she faces.
- Resident of Phoenix home wounds intruder after forced entry Updated: Aug-31-15 1:26 pm
PHOENIX - One of at least two intruders who forced entry into a Phoenix home was shot by a resident.
- Douglas: Funding K-12 education with pot initiative 'evil' Updated: Aug-31-15 6:14 am
PHOENIX - A voter initiative that would legalize marijuana in Arizona and add a tax to help fund education has an adamant opponent in the state superintendent of public instruction.
- Deliberations enter 6th day at trial over double killings Updated: Aug-31-15 5:04 am
PHOENIX - A jury will enter its sixth day of deliberations Monday at the trial of an Arizona man charged with killing his brother and fatally shooting his 6-year-old nephew who witnessed the crime.
- Driver with baby leads police on car chase in Tempe Updated: Aug-30-15 5:35 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Authorities say a 25-year-old man is in jail after he fled a DUI checkpoint in Tempe with his infant daughter in the car.
- Hundreds still without power after storm slams Phoenix Updated: Aug-30-15 5:22 pm
PHOENIX - Hundreds of people across metropolitan Phoenix are without power this morning after a round of late night monsoon storms clobbered the area.
- Phoenix police search for suspect who shot cab driver Updated: Aug-30-15 1:01 pm
PHOENIX - Police are searching for a man they say shot a Phoenix taxi cab driver after an argument over the fare.
- Man hospitalized after being pulled from Phoenix hotel pool Updated: Aug-29-15 2:04 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix fire officials say a man has been hospitalized after nearly drowning in a hotel hot tub.
- Man shot dead after allegedly chasing 2 others with gun Updated: Aug-29-15 12:33 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say a man was fatally shot after he chased two people while wielding a gun.
- Bodies of man and woman found inside luxury home in Phoenix Updated: Aug-28-15 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - Police say they've discovered the bodies of a man and woman inside a luxury home near the Arizona Biltmore Resort in northeast Phoenix.
- Brisk morning workout ends Cardinals training camp Updated: Aug-28-15 8:26 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals brought their training camp to an end Friday with a brisk morning workout in front of a smattering of fans at University of Phoenix Stadium.
- Reports: Arizona couple had meth in system at time of death Updated: Aug-28-15 8:17 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - A Phoenix-area couple found murdered and buried in a yard two months ago both had amphetamines and methamphetamine in their systems, according to autopsy and toxicology reports released Friday.
- Arpaio lawyer hopeful that contempt case will get settled Updated: Aug-28-15 4:44 pm
PHOENIX - A lawyer for Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has expressed hope that a contempt-of-court case over his client's acknowledged disobedience of court orders in a racial profiling lawsuit could be settled before the lawman undergoes contempt hearings next month.
- Arizona lawmaker to lead Nevada anti-school bullying program Updated: Aug-28-15 4:33 pm
PHOENIX - Nevada education officials have tapped an Arizona lawmaker to run a new anti-bullying program championed by Gov. Brian Sandoval.
- Phoenix jail inmate re-arrested minutes after his release Updated: Aug-28-15 4:26 pm
PHOENIX - A man released from a Phoenix jail is back in custody for allegedly trying to steal a semi-truck from the facility.
- Domestic violence victim protests use of city's nuisance law Updated: Aug-27-15 7:58 pm
PHOENIX - A domestic violence victim has alleged in a lawsuit that a police officer from a Phoenix suburb pressured her landlord to evict her for repeatedly calling 911 for protection from her abusive former boyfriend.
- Cardinals anticipate end of training camp Updated: Aug-27-15 6:09 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - So what's with those smiles on the faces of Arizona Cardinals players?