- Doubts raised about Islamic State's claim in Texas attack Updated: May-05-15 9:35 pm
PHOENIX - The Islamic State group claimed responsibility Tuesday for the assault on a Texas cartoon contest that featured images of the Prophet Muhammad, but counterterrorism experts said IS has a history of asserting involvement in attacks in which it had no operational role.
- Judge: Dreamers can get in-state tuition in Arizona Updated: May-05-15 8:25 pm
PHOENIX - Young immigrants granted deferred deportation status by the Obama administration are eligible for in-state college tuition, a Maricopa County judge ruled Tuesday.
- Man accused of sex offenses in Arizona is arrested in Nevada Updated: May-05-15 3:55 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Police in a Phoenix suburb say a man wanted for alleged sex offenses in Peoria has been arrested in Nevada.
- Police: Wanted man wounded after shooting at bond agents Updated: May-05-15 9:31 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say bond company agents exchanged gunfire with a man they were trying to take into custody.
- DPS probes death of Maricopa County Attorney Office employee Updated: May-05-15 8:44 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Public Safety still is investigating the apparent road rage crash death of a legal support specialist for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office.
- Family of Elton Simpson issue statement Updated: May-04-15 9:52 pm
PHOENIX - Statement from the family of Elton Simpson, issued by Phoenix law firm Osborn Maledon:
- Cactus Bowl to move back to Phoenix's Chase Field Updated: May-04-15 9:44 pm
PHOENIX - Due to construction work at Arizona State's Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, the Cactus Bowl will be played for the next three years at Chase Field in Phoenix, home of baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Police: Phoenix woman accused of fatally shooting boyfriend Updated: May-04-15 8:07 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix woman is in custody for allegedly killing her boyfriend after she says he hit her during an argument.
- DPS: Driver arrested going 131.5 mph on freeway in Phoenix Updated: May-04-15 7:37 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a man has been arrested for allegedly driving his sports car more than 131 mph on a Phoenix freeway.
- Police: 2 dead, 2 injured after head-on car crash in Phoenix Updated: May-04-15 6:25 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say charges are pending against a man who allegedly was driving impaired and caused a Phoenix crash that left two people dead and three injured.
- Cave Creek man accused of manslaughter in a fatal crash Updated: May-04-15 4:13 pm
PHOENIX - Bond has been set at $50,000 for a Cave Creek man arrested after a car crash killed a motorcyclist.
- ID of Arizona girl who died after swing set breaks released Updated: May-04-15 3:46 pm
GILBERT, Arizona - Authorities have released the names of a girl who was killed and another injured in Gilbert after a backyard swing set broke apart.
- Arizona DPS to honor fallen officers in yearly ceremony Updated: May-04-15 6:13 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Public Safety is honoring fellow officers who have died in the line of duty.
- Man dies in overnight shooting at Phoenix home Updated: May-03-15 1:50 pm
PHOENIX - Police are investigating the overnight shooting death of a man inside a west Phoenix home.
- DPS officer stops carjacker who took off in car with infant Updated: May-02-15 1:20 pm
PHOENIX - A baby in the backseat of a vehicle that was carjacked is back with his parents thanks to an Arizona Department of Public Safety officer.
- Repairs of Phoenix freeway tunnel to begin this summer Updated: May-02-15 6:14 am
PHOENIX - A freeway tunnel in the center of downtown Phoenix will finally undergo much needed repairs next month.
- Phoenix woman arrested in fatal crash last month in Tucson Updated: May-01-15 8:23 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix woman who fled from U.S. Border Patrol agents that led to a fatal rollover in Tucson last month now is in custody.
- Phoenix sees first 100-degree day of the year Updated: May-01-15 5:34 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix's temperature has heated up enough to reach triple digits for the first time this year.
- Driver killed in rollover on Interstate 10 in west Phoenix Updated: May-01-15 3:55 pm
PHOENIX - A driver is dead after a rollover accident on Interstate 10 in west Phoenix.
- DPS to launch career-criminal squad in Arizona Updated: May-01-15 10:11 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Public Safety is trying to zero in on repeat offenders by creating a career-criminal squad.
- Motorist swerves to avoid wrong-way vehicle on Interstate 17 Updated: May-01-15 8:52 am
PHOENIX - Authorities say a motorist suffered minor injuries while swerving to avoid a wrong-way driver on Interstate 17 early Friday morning.
- State issues pollution advisory for Phoenix area Updated: May-01-15 8:40 am
PHOENIX - Arizona's Department of Environmental Quality has issued its first high pollution warning for ozone in 2015.
- Solar company moving workers out of Arizona due to fees Updated: Apr-30-15 8:23 pm
PHOENIX - A major rooftop solar installer is downsizing its Arizona presence in response to new fees imposed by Salt River Project, the company said Thursday.
- Arizona lawmakers tell cities they can't ban plastic bags Updated: Apr-30-15 7:43 pm
PHOENIX - Vexed by the litter caught in cactus and shrubs, one Arizona city banned plastic bags on Earth Day last year. Two others considered similar bans as part of a growing trend around the country to outlaw the single-use of plastic bags at checkout counters.
- Phoenix mother pleads guilty to child abuse in beating case Updated: Apr-30-15 1:05 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a Phoenix mother has pleaded guilty to child abuse for beating her 7-year-old son for eating chips at daycare