- Phoenix police investigate death of infant at home day care Updated: May-23-15 6:50 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix police are investigating the death of a 3-month old baby at a home day care facility.
- Uncertain future ahead for Arizona mineral museum Updated: May-23-15 4:58 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Mining and Mineral Museum closed its doors for a makeover in 2011, and it has remained dark ever since.
- Police close Phoenix intersection for cat rescue Updated: May-23-15 10:38 am
PHOENIX - Police shut down a Phoenix intersection for two hours on behalf of a small, fuzzy gray cat trapped in a storm drain.
- Trial set for couple accused in child's death Updated: May-23-15 5:04 am
PHOENIX - A Nov. 17 trial has been set for a Phoenix couple accused in the 2011 death of a 10-year-old relative who was padlocked in a small plastic trunk for hours.
- Crash briefly closes Arizona's main route to Las Vegas Updated: May-22-15 8:56 pm
WICKENBURG, Arizona - Authorities say U.S. 93 near Wickenburg is now reopened after the main route from Phoenix to Las Vegas was closed to due to a crash.
- Police shoot man, say he tried to run over officer Updated: May-22-15 8:53 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - A suspected car thief led Scottsdale police on a hit-and-run spree and then a foot chase before shot and apprehended in a Mesa backyard, authorities said Friday.
- Ducey appoints 2 to serve as Maricopa County judges Updated: May-22-15 7:35 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has appointed a lawyer for the state Attorney General's Office and a county prosecutor to serve as judges in Maricopa County.
- Arizona sheriff seeks to remove judge from profiling case Updated: May-22-15 7:08 pm
PHOENIX - An embattled Arizona sheriff has asked a federal judge to disqualify himself from a racial profiling case, saying questions during a recent hearing have created the appearance of judicial bias.
- Police: Arizona woman took deputy car on drunken joyride Updated: May-22-15 11:55 am
CHANDLER, Arizona - An Arizona woman is facing charges after authorities say she took her friend's Maricopa County Sheriff's Office vehicle on a drunken, fast-food run.
- Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane to seek third term Updated: May-22-15 10:32 am
PHOENIX - Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane has announced plans to run for a third term.
- Police arrest 2nd suspect in dispensary office robbery Updated: May-22-15 10:32 am
PHOENIX - Authorities say they've arrested a second suspect in the armed robbery of a medical marijuana dispensary's corporate office in Phoenix.
- Phoenix judge throws out suit by fired child-welfare workers Updated: May-21-15 10:03 pm
PHOENIX - A judge has thrown out a wrongful-termination lawsuit filed by five former workers of Arizona's child-welfare agency.
- Man extradited from Penn. to face murder charge in Arizona Updated: May-21-15 9:28 pm
PHOENIX - A man has been extradited from Pennsylvania to face prosecution in the killing of a church janitor in Glendale last year.
- Wrongful termination suit filed by 5 ex-CPS workers tossed Updated: May-21-15 7:38 pm
PHOENIX - A judge Thursday threw out a wrongful termination lawsuit filed by five former Arizona child welfare workers who were fired last year amid an agency scandal.
- Phoenix police investigating alleged high school 'hit list' Updated: May-21-15 4:27 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a 16-year-old boy has been detained for allegedly making a "hit list" of more than two dozen students and teachers he wanted to harm at his Phoenix high school.
- Arizona schools chief defends suit against education board Updated: May-21-15 4:03 pm
PHOENIX - Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas on Thursday defended a lawsuit she filed against the Board of Education over who controls the board's staff after the initial court hearing in the case.
- Arizona tests alert system to prevent wrong-way crashes Updated: May-20-15 5:42 pm
PHOENIX - A rash of deadly wrong-way crashes on Phoenix-area freeways has led the Arizona Department of Transportation to research technology that would detect a car driving the wrong direction and send alerts to overhead freeway signs and police.
- Glendale woman gets prison term for attempted molestation Updated: May-20-15 2:47 pm
PHOENIX - A 24-year-old Glendale woman who police said posed as a teenager while having a relationship with a 13-year-old boy has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Arpaio: 500 pot plants seized in illegal growing operation Updated: May-20-15 1:39 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say 500 marijuana plants were found in an illegal growing operation run out of a storage building in south Phoenix.
- 4 Maricopa County Superior Court judges retiring Updated: May-20-15 8:47 am
PHOENIX - Four more Maricopa County Superior Court judges are retiring.
- 2 get federal prison terms in Arizona mortgage fraud case Updated: May-20-15 8:34 am
PHOENIX - Men from Minnesota and Texas have been sentenced to federal prison terms in a mortgage fraud case in Arizona.
- Arrest made after wheelchair-bound man injured in Phoenix Updated: May-20-15 6:15 am
PHOENIX - A suspect is accused of tipping over a disabled man in a motorized wheelchair, causing him to fall and hit his head on a busy Phoenix roadway.
- Education board votes for Douglas to re-open office, files Updated: May-19-15 9:58 pm
PHOENIX - The State Board of Education has voted to make Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas re-open its offices to board employees who are investigating complaints against teachers.
- Environmental groups sue to stop South Mountain Freeway Updated: May-19-15 9:19 pm
PHOENIX - Environmental groups have filed a lawsuit in hope of stopping the South Mountain Freeway from being built in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
- Arizona racial profiling case to cost taxpayers $45 million Updated: May-19-15 5:12 pm
PHOENIX - As county officials in metro Phoenix work to enact a budget for the next fiscal year, they are confronted with a looming financial liability: the legal costs associated with Sheriff Joe Arpaio's racial-profiling case.