- Trial to examine retaliation charge against Arizona sheriff Updated: Jul-05-15 5:10 pm
PHOENIX - The sheriff of metro Phoenix has long been known for jailing inmates in tents and pink underwear and cracking down on illegal immigration. But an upcoming trial will force Sheriff Joe Arpaio to answer for a pattern of behavior that his critics have long found deeply troubling.
- Phoenix firefighters pull man out of chimney Updated: Jul-05-15 1:26 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix firefighters have rescued a man who became stuck after trying to re-enter a house through the chimney.
- Arizona appeals ruling over its work-related ID theft laws Updated: Jul-04-15 5:04 am
PHOENIX - Lawyers for the state of Arizona have asked an appeals court to reverse a ruling that prevents Maricopa County officials from enforcing two identity-theft laws that have been used to convict hundreds of immigrant workers.
- 2 toddlers recovering after nearly drowning in Phoenix pool Updated: Jul-03-15 12:35 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say two toddlers are recovering in a hospital after nearly drowning in a swimming pool.
- Youngtown woman accused of animal abuse after dog found dead Updated: Jul-03-15 6:13 am
PHOENIX - A Youngtown woman is facing charges after a pit bull she was taking care of died from heat and lack of shelter.
- Authorities: Suspect high on meth during Arizona killings Updated: Jul-03-15 3:23 am
FLORENCE, Arizona - The mystery surrounding a missing Phoenix-area couple has been solved with the discovery of their bodies buried 6 feet under a yard and the arrest of a suspect, who told authorities he was high on methamphetamine the night of the killings.
- AP Source: Suns send 3 to Detroit for pick Updated: Jul-03-15 1:35 am
- Brittney Griner leads Mercury to 86-55 rout over Shock Updated: Jul-03-15 1:32 am
- Oct. 6 trial set for Phoenix man tied to Texas shooting Updated: Jul-02-15 10:19 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man accused of helping orchestrate a shooting at an anti-Islam event in Texas originally planned to participate in the attack alongside the two gunmen who were eventually killed by police, according to court documents unsealed Thursday.
- Authorities: Suspect high on meth during Arizona killings Updated: Jul-02-15 8:17 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - A missing Phoenix-area couple were killed and buried in the yard of a man who told investigators he was high on methamphetamine when he shot the husband and wife, authorities said Thursday.
- Summer is sizzling: Heat records fall across US West Updated: Jul-02-15 5:48 pm
From Seattle to Salt Lake City, the West is baking under record heat. Temperatures reaching the triple digits have made fire conditions extreme and sent folks looking for relief heading into the Fourth of July weekend. Unfortunately, the forecast in many areas calls for more sun and sweat.
- Slate of new Arizona laws involve ride-hailing, abortions Updated: Jul-02-15 4:58 pm
PHOENIX - A slew of Arizona laws that take affect Friday include new rules for ride-hailing companies like Uber, access to vouchers for all children living on Indian reservations, and a ban on abortion coverage in insurance policies bought through the federal exchange.
- Man accused of pointing laser at aircraft in Phoenix area Updated: Jul-02-15 4:27 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a man has been arrested for allegedly pointing a laser at aircraft approaching Deer Valley Airport.
- Police: 4-year-old girl shot, wounded at apartment complex Updated: Jul-02-15 9:44 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say a 4-year-old girl is hospitalized after being wounded by an apparently stray bullet while playing at an apartment complex.
- Man arrested in 2001 killing of ex-girlfriend in Ahwatukee Updated: Jul-02-15 6:13 am
PHOENIX - Authorities say a man has been arrested in connection with the death of his ex-girlfriend in Ahwatukee more than 13 years ago.
- AP sources: Suns add Chandler, lock up Knight Updated: Jul-01-15 11:08 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns took care of their top offseason priority by bringing back Brandon Knight and added veteran frontcourt leadership in the form of Tyson Chandler.
- McCain, Flake send letter to Senate over flight path changes Updated: Jul-01-15 7:35 pm
PHOENIX - Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake of Arizona have sent a letter to some U.S. Senate committee members about the flight path changes at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- Arizona appeals order granting DREAMers in-state tuition Updated: Jul-01-15 7:23 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich on Wednesday appealed a judge's ruling that said young immigrants granted deferred deportation status by the Obama administration were eligible for in-state college tuition.
- County denied new hearing over decision in profiling case Updated: Jul-01-15 5:06 am
PHOENIX - A federal appeals court has denied Maricopa County's request for another hearing over its decision to make the county a party in Sheriff Joe Arpaio's racial profiling case.
- Griner scores 23 in 1st home game, Mercury beats Stars Updated: Jul-01-15 12:27 am
- Analysis: Arizona child welfare agency still needs changes Updated: Jun-30-15 5:40 pm
PHOENIX - A new analysis released Tuesday shows Arizona's overhauled child welfare agency still needs major changes if it is to deal with rising caseloads, a growing number of children in out-of-home care and mistrust among community partners and the children it helps.
- Arizona gives back control of minimum wage to communities Updated: Jun-30-15 3:23 pm
PHOENIX - The state of Arizona has agreed to give back control over setting a local minimum wage to cities and counties as part of a settlement of a lawsuit that accuses the Legislature of taking away that power from communities.
- Man sentenced to prison in investment fraud case Updated: Jun-30-15 2:23 pm
PHOENIX - A man accused of defrauding Arizona investors of $229,000 through misrepresentations of short-term high yields from a gold mine and rare foreign bonds has been sentenced to more than 12 years in prison.
- Appeals court rules against Scottsdale on sign walker ban Updated: Jun-30-15 1:17 pm
PHOENIX - A state appellate court has ruled that Scottsdale can't prohibit sign walkers from holding, carrying and waving advertising signs on public streets and sidewalks
- Brief monsoon storm downs trees in Phoenix metro area Updated: Jun-30-15 10:37 am
PHOENIX - A brief monsoon storm that swept through the Phoenix area downed trees as it produced rain, lightning and thunder.