- Navy SEAL killed in Iraq loved grandfather despite scandal Updated: May-03-16 9:42 pm
PHOENIX - The Navy SEAL killed in Iraq on Tuesday was identified as Charlie Keating IV, a former Phoenix high school star distance runner and the grandson of the late Arizona financier involved in the 1980s savings and loan scandal.
- Pedestrian dies after accident with a Phoenix city bus Updated: May-03-16 9:38 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a pedestrian is dead after an accident with a city bus in Phoenix.
- The Latest: Democrats' effort to adds KidsCare fails Updated: May-03-16 9:10 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on Arizona's budget (all times local):
- Republican Christine Jones announces bid for Congress Updated: May-03-16 1:32 pm
PHOENIX - Former GoDaddy executive vice president Christine Jones has announced she's running for the Republican nomination to succeed retiring U.S. Rep. Matt Salmon in a congressional district spanning Phoenix's eastern suburbs.
- Phoenix police identify man fatally shot in downtown tower Updated: May-03-16 9:28 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police have identified a man fatally shot in a downtown residential high-rise tower near Chase Field.
- Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community police chief quits Updated: May-03-16 5:51 am
PHOENIX - The police chief for the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community has stepped down, but still remains one of nine candidates for the Phoenix police chief position.
- Court gives green light to enforcement of Arizona ID laws Updated: May-02-16 7:02 pm
PHOENIX - Identity theft laws that Arizona used against workers in the country illegally were set to go back into effect after a federal appeals court said Monday they were used against U.S. citizens as well as immigrants who use false identities to get jobs.
- Freeway shooting suspect files motion to retrieve property Updated: May-02-16 11:21 am
PHOENIX - An attorney for a man who was arrested for last summer's freeway shootings has filed a motion asking that his property be returned to him.
- Arenado hits 11th, Parra homers as Rockies sweep Arizona Updated: May-01-16 9:17 pm
PHOENIX - Nolan Arenado has a power-hitting rookie for a teammate who has grabbed a lot of the headlines for the Colorado Rockies this season. Of course, Arenado's performance has been praise-worthy as well.
- Phoenix-area man injured, horse killed by lightning strike Updated: May-01-16 4:10 pm
BUCKEYE, Arizona - Authorities say a man remains hospitalized at a Phoenix burn unit after being struck by lightning while horseback riding.
- The Latest: New tests unravel Phoenix freeway shooting case Updated: May-01-16 2:59 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on the dismissal of charges in the Phoenix freeway shooting case (all times local):
- Hiker allegedly assaulted with rock on Phoenix trail Updated: May-01-16 1:29 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say a hiking outing between two men ended with one hitting the other with a rock.
- New tests lead to Phoenix freeway shooting case's undoing Updated: May-01-16 11:34 am
PHOENIX - Leslie Merritt Jr. sat in a police interrogation room, unaware of why he had just been swarmed by SWAT officers and whisked away in handcuffs.
- 1 million goldfish dive into Tempe Town Lake near Phoenix Updated: Apr-30-16 3:22 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - More than 1 million goldfish now have a giant fishbowl to call home in a Phoenix suburb.
- 2 dead after ATV crash in north Phoenix Updated: Apr-30-16 2:20 pm
PHOENIX - Police say two people have died after a collision in north Phoenix involving an all-terrain vehicle.
- Major utilities say they're ready to handle Arizona summer Updated: Apr-30-16 11:32 am
PHOENIX - Arizona's major electric utilities are telling state regulators they're positioned to handle the upcoming summer heat and the season's demand on their systems.
- Man pleads guilty in stalking case involving Joe Arpaio Updated: Apr-29-16 8:09 pm
PHOENIX - A man has pleaded guilty to charges of trying to stalk Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio last year.
- Man gets 18-year prison term for fatal Glendale park fight Updated: Apr-29-16 7:11 pm
PHOENIX - A man convicted of second-degree murder for a 2013 fight at a Glendale park has been sentenced to 18 years in prison.
- Phoenix man accused of shooting wife in face during argument Updated: Apr-29-16 6:54 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a Phoenix man has been arrested for allegedly shooting his wife in the face during an argument.
- Not guilty plea in Chandler hit-and-run that injured vet Updated: Apr-29-16 4:01 pm
PHOENIX - A man arrested in a hit-and-run accident that injured a veteran in Chandler last month has pleaded not guilty.
- Fire at Phoenix recycling plant reported under control Updated: Apr-29-16 9:33 am
PHOENIX - A fire at a north Phoenix recycling plant is under control.
- Shipping containers offer welcome homes in Phoenix Updated: Apr-29-16 8:12 am
PHOENIX - A stack of shipping containers sitting in a lot in an industrial section of Phoenix has some developers thinking inside the box.
- Judge who presided over serial killer's trial leaves bench Updated: Apr-29-16 5:53 am
PHOENIX - Applications are being accepted to fill two Maricopa County Superior Court vacancies created by retirements of judges, including one who presided over the nearly seven-month-long trial of a serial killer.
- Phoenix man accused of stabbing 3 deemed competent for trial Updated: Apr-29-16 5:52 am
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man accused of killing a man and stabbing a pregnant woman and a Phoenix police officer has been deemed mentally competent to stand trial.
- 5 indicted in Phoenix for marijuana growing scheme Updated: Apr-29-16 5:52 am
PHOENIX - Five people are accused of falsely gaining medical marijuana grower status to illegally sell cannabis in Phoenix.