- Indian and Pakistani border guards trade gunfire, 9 killed Updated: Aug-28-15 10:16 am
ISLAMABAD - Indian and Pakistani border guards traded gunfire in the divided region of Kashmir, leaving nine civilians dead and another 63 wounded, authorities said Friday.
- India, Pakistan blame each other for cancellation of talks Updated: Aug-23-15 8:38 am
NEW DELHI - India and Pakistan blamed each other for the cancellation of talks between their national security advisers that were scheduled for this week, with the rivals squabbling over the agenda.
- Planned high-level Pakistan, India talks falter over Kashmir Updated: Aug-22-15 8:46 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's national security adviser said Saturday he was ready to travel to New Delhi for the first-ever direct talks with his Indian counterpart, though India warned his trip must be restricted to discussing security issues amid tensions over him meeting Kashmir separatists.
- Indian authorities detain, then release Kashmiri separatists Updated: Aug-20-15 7:34 am
SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities detained and later released two key Kashmiri separatist leaders Thursday ahead of talks between Indian and Pakistani security advisers, while a third remained under house arrest.
- Pakistani, Indian troops trade fire in Kashmir, killing 2 Updated: Aug-19-15 10:39 am
MUZAFFARABAD, Pakistan - Border guards from Pakistan and neighboring India continued trading fire Wednesday in the divided region of Kashmir, violence that killed two Pakistani villagers, officials said.
- Civilian, policeman killed in rebel attack in Indian Kashmir Updated: Aug-18-15 6:43 am
SRINAGAR, India - Suspected rebels opened fire at a police post in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir on Tuesday, killing a police constable and a civilian, authorities said.
- Blast in mosque wounds 9 people in Indian Kashmir Updated: Aug-12-15 11:48 pm
SRINAGAR, India - An explosion outside a mosque prayer hall early Thursday wounded nine worshippers in the insurgency-wracked Indian portion of Kashmir, police said.
- Police: Indian forces fire at protesters, wound 2 in Kashmir Updated: Aug-07-15 7:26 am
SRINAGAR, India - Government forces on Friday fired tear gas and bullets at anti-India protesters who broke from a funeral procession of a suspected insurgent killed in the Indian portion of Kashmir.