- 66 students expelled for cheering Pakistan cricket Updated: Mar-06-14 10:21 pm
- Indian army soldier kills 5 colleagues, himself Updated: Feb-27-14 4:11 am
- Anti-India protesters clash with police in Kashmir Updated: Feb-25-14 4:47 am
- Indian army says 7 rebels killed in Kashmir Updated: Feb-24-14 10:26 am
- Kashmir lawmaker calls sex assault case conspiracy Updated: Feb-13-14 8:00 am
- Indian Kashmir under curfew amid separatist strike Updated: Feb-09-14 7:25 am
SRINAGAR, India - Dozens of Muslim students from the disputed Indian territory of Kashmir were expelled from their university and briefly threatened with sedition charges because they cheered for the Pakistani cricket team during a televised match against archrival India, police said Thursday, while the Indian state's elected leader called for leniency.
SRINAGAR, India - An Indian soldier fired indiscriminately at his colleagues after an altercation at an army camp in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir on Thursday, killing five of them before fatally shooting himself, officials said.
SRINAGAR, India - Police fired bullets and tear gas as hundreds of pro-independence villagers tried to storm a police station in Indian-controlled Kashmir on Tuesday, a day after government forces killed seven suspected rebels in the disputed region, police said.
SRINAGAR, India - The Indian army says it has killed seven rebels in a gunbattle in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir.
SRINAGAR, India - A lawmaker accused of sexually assaulting a female doctor in Indian-controlled Kashmir has surfaced after evading arrest for several days.
SRINAGAR, India - Thousands of Indian troops fanned out across Indian-controlled Kashmir on Sunday, detaining about 200 separatist activists to prevent protests during a three-day strike to mark the execution anniversaries of two separatists in New Delhi, officials said.