- Pakistan commemorates 'Kashmir Day' Updated: Feb-05-16 9:49 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Prime Minister on Friday called for resolving the lingering issue of Kashmir in accordance with U.N. Security Council resolutions, saying the credibility of the global organization will be at stake if it fails to implement its own decisions.
- Avalanche hits Indian army post on glacier; 10 feared dead Updated: Feb-04-16 10:59 am
SRINAGAR, India - Officials say 10 Indian soldiers are feared dead after an avalanche hit a military post on the Siachen Glacier in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir.
- Deadly clashes erupt between police, protesters in Kashmir Updated: Jan-20-16 9:14 am
SRINAGAR, India - Violent clashes between police and protesters erupted Wednesday in Indian-controlled Kashmir, leaving a man dead and two others wounded, officials said.
- Pakistani top militant in gov't custody over attack in India Updated: Jan-15-16 9:05 am
ISLAMABAD - The leader of an outlawed Pakistani militant group has been taken into "protective custody" amid a probe as to whether he is linked to a deadly attack earlier this month on an Indian air base, two security officials and a provincial minister said Friday.
- Bus falls into gorge in Indian-held Kashmir, killing 11 Updated: Jan-15-16 8:10 am
SRINAGAR, India - A bus fell from a mountainous road into a deep gorge in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir on Friday, killing at least 11 people and injuring 20 others, police said.
- India, Pakistan reschedule high-level peace talks Updated: Jan-14-16 7:48 am
NEW DELHI - India rescheduled high-level peace talks with Pakistan on Thursday while it evaluated actions taken by Islamabad against Pakistan-based insurgents it blames for an attack on an Indian air force base earlier this month.
- Protests in Indian Kashmir after young man's body is found Updated: Jan-14-16 5:26 am
SRINAGAR, India - Police fired warning shots and tear gas Thursday to disperse hundreds of protesters shouting anti-India slogans after the body of a college student with his throat slit was found in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir.
- Clashes occur at funeral of rebel commander in Kashmir Updated: Jan-12-16 4:37 am
SRINAGAR, India - Clashes erupted in Indian-controlled Kashmir on Tuesday as police fired tear gas to stop thousands of people from marching in a funeral procession of a rebel commander killed in a clash with government forces.
- Top elected pro-India Kashmiri leader dies at age 79 Updated: Jan-07-16 8:23 am
NEW DELHI - A top elected pro-India leader of Kashmir, who tried to win over insurgent groups in the troubled region, died Thursday in a New Delhi hospital of pneumonia, his party leader said. He was 79.