- Death toll rises to 9 after voting in India Updated: Apr-25-14 2:31 am
- Suspected rebels kill 3 in Indian Kashmir Updated: Apr-22-14 1:25 am
- Indian troops kill 2 rebels in Kashmir fighting Updated: Apr-14-14 8:31 am
- Sheer size is just 1 complexity in Indian election Updated: Apr-02-14 9:01 am
- Gunmen attempt to storm Kashmir army unit; 6 dead Updated: Mar-28-14 11:16 am
SRINAGAR, India - The death toll from violence during a major day of voting in the world's biggest election rose to nine Friday, according to police, who say suspected rebels killed five paramilitary soldiers and four polling officials who were traveling on buses after conducting balloting in two Indian states.
SRINAGAR, India - Police say suspected rebels have killed three men in Indian Kashmir ahead of voting in general elections this week.
SRINAGAR, India - A nearly 20-hour gunbattle in Indian-controlled Kashmir ended Monday after government troops killed two suspected rebels in the Himalayan region's main city, a senior police official said.
NEW DELHI - In a country where men have long told their wives whom to vote for, Sheila Kumar says she has no intention of letting her husband dictate her vote in next month's national election.
SRINAGAR, India - Gunmen disguised as Indian soldiers hijacked a car Friday in Indian-controlled Kashmir, killing the driver and a passenger, and used it to try to storm an Indian army artillery unit, triggering a firefight that left four more people dead, authorities said.