- India asks Pakistan to curb terror groups targeting India Updated: Apr-26-16 6:44 am
NEW DELHI - India on Tuesday asked Pakistan to rein in terrorist groups operating from its soil and targeting India, expressing dissatisfaction with action taken so far against suspects of an attack on an Indian air force base in January.
- Nepal has done little to protect itself from next 'big one' Updated: Apr-25-16 2:00 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Last year's massive earthquake in Nepal killed nearly 9,000 people, yet could have been much deadlier. It was spared not by disaster preparedness, but by the calendar.
- 4th Kashmiri dies in clashes with Indian troops amid curfew Updated: Apr-13-16 9:05 am
SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities on Wednesday imposed a curfew in parts of Kashmir to stop fresh anti-India demonstrations following the killings of four people by Indian troops and a general strike called by separatists.
- Pakistan says it's willing to wait for talks with India Updated: Apr-07-16 10:08 am
NEW DELHI - Pakistan's ambassador to India said Thursday his country would like to have a comprehensive dialogue with New Delhi to resolve their outstanding issues but is willing to wait if India isn't ready.
- In Pakistan, tackling extremism is a political minefield Updated: Apr-06-16 5:33 am
ISLAMABAD - Tackling extremism is a political minefield in Pakistan, where politicians openly consort with leaders of banned militant groups and sympathy exists within the security forces and civil administration for perpetrators of crimes committed in the name of religion. As a result, many remain skeptical of the state's ability to put an end to the militant violence that kills hundreds of Pakistani civilians each year.
- Indian Kashmir gets first woman chief minister Updated: Apr-04-16 7:11 am
SRINAGAR, India - The leader of a pro-India party on Monday became the first woman to become the chief minister of Indian-controlled Kashmir following the death of her father, the region's top elected leader.