- Ex-LAPD detective held without bail on bank robbery charges Updated: Jul-27-15 7:37 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A retired Los Angeles police detective suspected of robbing five banks has been ordered held without bail.
- Feds probe plane that crashed into California neighborhood Updated: Jul-27-15 2:34 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A single-engine plane that crashed in a Southern California neighborhood over the weekend took off 50 minutes earlier from a nearby airfield, federal investigators said Monday.
- Small plane crashes in California yard, killing pilot Updated: Jul-27-15 12:52 am
RIVERSIDE, California - A small plane crashed and caught fire Sunday in the backyard of a Southern California home, killing the pilot.
- Prosecutors charge retired LAPD detective with bank robbery Updated: Jul-24-15 5:50 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - Federal prosecutors on Friday charged a retired Los Angeles police detective with bank robbery after members of his family called authorities with information about a series of holdups linked to a thief dubbed the Snowbird Bandit.
- California freeway bridge collapses, blocking Ariz. traffic Updated: Jul-20-15 2:01 am
LOS ANGELES - An elevated section of Interstate 10 collapsed Sunday amid heavy rains in the California desert, injuring one driver, stranding many others, and halting travel for thousands by cutting off both directions of a main corridor between Southern California and Arizona.
- Sheriff's deputy kills man suspected of attacking officer Updated: Jul-16-15 4:59 pm
MORENO VALLEY, California - A Riverside County sheriff's deputy has killed a man authorities say attacked a family member, another person and a deputy before he was fatally wounded.
- Meth overdose suspected in Riverside jail inmate's death Updated: Jul-16-15 9:13 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Sheriff's officials say a Riverside jail inmate has died after telling staff he had swallowed an ounce of methamphetamine prior to his arrest.
- Mom blames football helmet in death of high school player Updated: Jul-15-15 2:48 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - The mother of a high school football player who collapsed during a game in Southern California has filed a lawsuit blaming his helmet for his death.
- $500,000 settlement in fatal shooting of handcuffed man Updated: Jul-15-15 9:07 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Riverside County has agreed to pay $500,000 to settle a case with the mother of a man who was shot and killed by a sheriff's deputy while handcuffed.
- City braces for fish die-off expected in Lake Elsinore Updated: Jul-14-15 1:24 pm
LAKE ELSINORE, California - Officials in Lake Elsinore hope to enlist residents to help clean up the city's namesake lake with a massive fish die-off expected.
- 3 kids attacked by dog belonging to family friend Updated: Jul-13-15 9:32 am
TEMECULA, California - Riverside County authorities say three children were hospitalized after being attacked by a dog belonging to a family friend.
- Boy, 12, rescued after fall down slope during hike Updated: Jul-12-15 1:25 pm
YUCAIPA, California - Authorities say a 12-year-old boy was rescued after falling 20 feet down a steep slope while hiking with his family in the San Bernardino National Forest.
- Wife stranded in desert was prepared to die next to husband Updated: Jul-11-15 6:26 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A woman stranded in her car for two weeks in the Southern California desert in May said she forgave her husband for making a wrong turn and was prepared to die with him.
- Sheriff submits findings to DA in videotaped beating Updated: Jul-10-15 4:41 pm
VICTORVILLE, California - The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department has submitted the results of its criminal investigation into the conduct of 10 deputies videotaped hitting and kicking a suspect after he tried to escape on horse.
- Jury awards over $4 million to family of deceased farmworker Updated: Jul-08-15 8:37 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A jury awarded more than $4 million to the family of a farmworker electrocuted by a Southern California Edison power line.
- Kaiser Permanente signs $9 million deal for Murrieta complex Updated: Jul-08-15 9:11 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Murrieta will be getting a new Kaiser Permanente medical complex as the health care organization moves forward with construction plans.
- Hiker dies after medical emergency on desert trail Updated: Jul-05-15 12:02 pm
PALM DESERT, California - Riverside County authorities say a 61-year-old man died after suffering a medical emergency during a hike on a sweltering desert trail.
- Crews save woman from fire that caused explosion Updated: Jul-03-15 2:35 pm
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Firefighters were able to rescue a San Bernardino woman from a fire that sparked an explosion and ravaged her home.
- Fewer state residents admitted to University of California Updated: Jul-02-15 8:28 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Fewer California high school students have been offered admission to University of California campuses for the fall, officials reported Thursday, while the number accepted from outside the state and abroad has again increased.
- Man killed, woman hurt after small plane hits cell tower Updated: Jun-29-15 2:42 pm
CORONA, California - A man was killed and a woman was injured after their single-engine plane struck a cellphone tower in Southern California.