- Southern California communities near fire at risk for floods Updated: Jul-06-15 6:18 am
RIVERSIDE, California - U.S. Forest Service officials say those living in areas around a 49-square-mile wildfire will be at risk for flooding and debris flows long after the flames are extinguished.
- Hiker dies after medical emergency on desert trail Updated: Jul-05-15 12:02 pm
PALM DESERT, California - Riverside County authorities say a 61-year-old man died after suffering a medical emergency during a hike on a sweltering desert trail.
- Crews save woman from fire that caused explosion Updated: Jul-03-15 2:35 pm
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Firefighters were able to rescue a San Bernardino woman from a fire that sparked an explosion and ravaged her home.
- Fewer state residents admitted to University of California Updated: Jul-02-15 8:28 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Fewer California high school students have been offered admission to University of California campuses for the fall, officials reported Thursday, while the number accepted from outside the state and abroad has again increased.
- Evacuations lifted as crews fight Riverside County wildfire Updated: Jul-02-15 10:31 am
MORENO VALLEY, California - Crews are making good progress against a wildfire in Riverside County that prompted the evacuation of a campground.
- Man killed, woman hurt after small plane hits cell tower Updated: Jun-29-15 2:42 pm
CORONA, California - A man was killed and a woman was injured after their single-engine plane struck a cellphone tower in Southern California.
- Kohl's, California prosecutors reach nearly $1M settlement Updated: Jun-27-15 1:43 pm
SANTA CRUZ, California - Kohl's has reached a nearly $1 million settlement with prosecutors in four California counties who alleged some of the Wisconsin-based company's department stores charged customers more than the price advertised on shelves and signs.
- Indian tribes sue to block Southern California solar plant Updated: Jun-24-15 9:47 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A group of Indian tribes is suing to block construction of a huge solar power plant in California's Mojave Desert.
- Video shows attack on deaf man at Riverside coffee shop Updated: Jun-24-15 12:52 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - Authorities are searching for assailants who brutally assaulted a deaf man and stole his laptop computer at a Riverside coffee shop.
- Jury awards $40 million in suit over TGI Friday's killing Updated: Jun-20-15 2:02 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A Southern California jury awarded $40 million to the parents of a man who was stabbed to death in a TGI Friday's restaurant.
- Demolition begins on unfounded Lake Elsinore 'Tarzan House' Updated: Jun-19-15 6:14 am
LAKE ELSINORE, California - Demolition has begun on the crumbling ranch house known as the "Tarzan House" in Lake Elsinore.
- Ex-DEA agent accused of posing as FBI agent in fraud scheme Updated: Jun-12-15 2:25 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A former special agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration has been arrested in California on suspicion of posing as an FBI agent to defraud two victims out of more than $300,000.
- 3 Moreno Valley council members served with recall notices Updated: Jun-10-15 6:17 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Three Moreno Valley council members will be recalled as the city government continues to feel the effects of a political corruption investigation.
- Riverside sues over California water restrictions Updated: Jun-09-15 7:52 pm
FRESNO, California - The city of Riverside has sued a state agency over water restrictions intended to combat the drought, claiming the rules are unfair because the city has ample groundwater supplies.
- Court upholds lockup for boy who killed neo-Nazi dad Updated: Jun-08-15 9:10 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A Southern California boy who shot and killed his neo-Nazi father in 2011 lost a bid to have his case tossed when a state appellate court on Monday rejected his argument that a judge wrongly considered statements he made to authorities in violation of his Miranda rights.