- California woman who ran over father charged with murder Updated: May-01-15 12:00 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A woman who authorities say ran over her father while he was trying to prevent her from driving drunk has been charged with second-degree murder in Southern California.
- Man held on charge of attempted murder of 1-year-old Updated: Apr-30-15 12:34 pm
BLYTHE, California - A Riverside County man has been charged with the attempted murder of a one-year-old child his wife was babysitting.
- Riverside County mud run canceled due to drought Updated: Apr-28-15 10:49 am
SAN JACINTO, California - A popular mud run in Southern California has been canceled because officials don't want to expend the water during the state's historic drought.
- Crash kills 1 teen, critically injures another in Riverside Updated: Apr-27-15 10:07 am
RIVERSIDE, California - One teenager died and another was critically injured after a single-car crash in Riverside.
- Correction: California Drought-Water Rates story Updated: Apr-23-15 2:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - In stories April 20-21 about a court ruling that found San Juan Capistrano's tiered water rates unconstitutional, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the decision by the 4th District Court of Appeal was only binding in Orange County. The ruling is binding statewide. However, appellate courts outside Orange County could rule differently and the state Supreme Court may ultimately decide the issue.
- FBI confiscates boxes of paperwork in Beaumont city probe Updated: Apr-23-15 8:43 am
BEAUMONT, California - The FBI served search warrants on Beaumont City Hall, the city manager's house and a consulting firm that has a long relationship with the city.
- 3 men arrested for shooting at wild burros in Moreno Valley Updated: Apr-21-15 9:48 am
MORENO VALLEY, California - Three men face animal cruelty charges after they were arrested on suspicion of shooting at the wild burros that frequent the hills of Moreno Valley.
- Suspected car thief caught after 200-mile Calif. chase Updated: Apr-21-15 12:32 am
BAKER, California - Authorities have arrested a suspected car thief who led them on a 200-mile chase through Southern California.
- Brush fire burns 7 acres, closes 1 lane of freeway Updated: Apr-17-15 6:27 pm
CORONA, California - Authorities say a brush fire has burned seven acres and prompted the closure of one lane of a freeway linking Orange and Riverside counties.
- Riverside County works to shut down homeless camp Updated: Apr-17-15 1:55 pm
JURUPA VALLEY, California - Community activists are finding homes for dozens of people living on the banks of the Santa Ana River in preparation for the shutdown of a long-standing homeless camp.
- Southern California wildfire destroys home, damages 4 others Updated: Apr-17-15 9:38 am
JURUPA VALLEY, California - Firefighters have contained a Riverside County fire that destroyed a home and damaged four others.
- Unfounded 'Tarzan House' of Lake Elsinore to be demolished Updated: Apr-16-15 9:28 pm
LAKE ELSINORE, California - It's last yell for the "Tarzan House."
- Port of Longview working on crude oil refinery proposal Updated: Apr-16-15 1:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Port of Longview says it's working with an energy company on a proposal for a new crude oil refinery, the first such facility on the Columbia River.
- Guilty plea by California man who stole highway patrol SUV Updated: Apr-14-15 10:19 am
FALLBROOK, California - A man accused of stealing a California Highway Patrol cruiser while handcuffed and leading an officer on a 10-mile freeway chase has pleaded guilty to charges including felony auto theft.
- CU-Boulder student hit, killed by train in California Updated: Apr-13-15 9:58 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Officials say a University of Colorado student was struck and killed by a freight train in California, where he was attending a music festival.
- Driver gets more than 3 years for stealing UPS gun shipments Updated: Apr-13-15 8:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - A former UPS driver was sentenced Monday in a Southern California court to nearly 3½ years in prison for stealing shipments of dozens of guns later sold on the black market, the U.S. attorney's office said.
- California woman convicted in horse neglect case Updated: Apr-09-15 10:01 am
RIVERSIDE, California - A jury has convicted a woman of 17 counts of misdemeanor animal cruelty, more than three years after her malnourished horses were seized from her Riverside County property.
- UC Riverside data breach affects personal info of 8,000 Updated: Apr-07-15 4:34 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Officials from the University of California, Riverside have told some 8,000 people that their personal information has been compromised after the theft of a computer.