- US envoy deflects insult by Turkish mayor with humor Updated: May-01-15 8:15 am
ISTANBUL - The U.S. ambassador to Turkey is fighting back with humor after Ankara's mayor called a U.S. state department spokeswoman a "stupid blonde."
- Thousands honor soldiers on 100th year of Gallipoli battle Updated: Apr-25-15 10:05 am
GALLIPOLI, Turkey - For the first time at age 95, Bill Grayden has come to Gallipoli, where his father stormed the beach and took a bullet through his lung during the ill-fated British-led World War I invasion.
- Armenia marks centennial of killing of 1.5 million Updated: Apr-24-15 4:44 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - The presidents of Russia and France joined other leaders Friday at ceremonies commemorating the massacre of Armenians a century ago by Ottoman Turks, an event which still stirs bitter feelings as both sides argue over whether to call it genocide.
- Erdogan: Turkey's ancestors never committed genocide Updated: Apr-23-15 9:13 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - On the eve of the day marking the centenary of the Ottoman massacres of Armenians, Turkey's president said Thursday his nation's ancestors never committed genocide.
- Turkey recalls ambassador to Austria over genocide remarks Updated: Apr-22-15 3:19 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey said Wednesday it is recalling its ambassador to Austria after parties represented in parliament signed a declaration recognizing the massacre of Armenians a century ago as genocide.
- Turkey sends condolences to descendants of killed Armenians Updated: Apr-20-15 4:43 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu on Monday extended condolences to the descendants of Armenians killed 100 years ago by Ottoman Turks, saying Turkey shared their pain and also announced that a service would be held at the Armenian Patriarchate in Istanbul to commemorate the victims.
- UK family on way to Syria in Turkish custody Updated: Apr-20-15 4:02 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkish police on Monday arrested a missing British couple with four children believed to have left England for Syria to join the Islamic State group, an official said.
- Turkey recalls ambassador over pope's Armenia genocide words Updated: Apr-12-15 4:22 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis on Sunday marked the 100th anniversary of the slaughter of Armenians by calling the massacre by Ottoman Turks "the first genocide of the 20th century" and urging the international community to recognize it as such. Turkey immediately responded by recalling its ambassador and accusing Francis of spreading hatred and "unfounded claims."