- Turkey summons US ambassador over Syrian Kurdish forces spat Updated: Feb-09-16 1:34 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey has summoned the U.S. ambassador to "convey unease" a day after the U.S. State Department spokesman said that, unlike Turkey, Washington doesn't recognize Syrian Kurdish forces as "terrorists."
- Turkish prosecutor seeks life term for 2 jailed journalists Updated: Jan-27-16 9:18 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish prosecutors are seeking life prison terms for two prominent journalists who have been jailed on terror and espionage charges for their reports on alleged government arms smuggling to Syrian rebels, their newspaper said Wednesday amid growing concern for media freedom in Turkey.
- UN envoy lowers expectations ahead of Syria talks on Friday Updated: Jan-25-16 3:43 pm
GENEVA - Lowering expectations about his ability to help end Syria's civil war, the U.N. special envoy announced talks between government and opposition representatives will start on Friday to embark on a six-month process that he hopes will include civil society and women's groups.
- Report: Turkish police arrest 10 suspected IS recruiters Updated: Jan-25-16 2:53 am
ANKARA, Turkey - A Turkish news agency says police in Ankara have rounded up at least 10 people suspected of being recruiters for the Islamic State group.
- Blast at Turkish school injures 5 students Updated: Jan-22-16 8:01 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Suspected Kurdish militants hurled a hand-made explosive device at a middle school in the mainly Kurdish city of Diyarbakir on Friday, injuring five students, officials said.