- Germany foils suspected Boston-style attack, officials say Updated: Apr-30-15 2:25 pm
BERLIN - German authorities foiled what they believe may have been an imminent Boston Marathon-style attack on a professional cycling race planned for Friday, seizing a cache of weapons, including a pipe bomb, and chemicals that can be used to make explosives in a raid on a suspected Islamic extremist's home outside Frankfurt.
- Cycling race around Frankfurt cancelled due to terror threat Updated: Apr-30-15 2:13 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Local authorities have canceled a traditional May Day international cycling race around Frankfurt following the arrest of a couple and the discovery of bomb-making material in their home near the route.
- German-Moroccan man charged with training, fighting in Syria Updated: Apr-27-15 11:10 am
BERLIN - German federal prosecutors say they have charged a German-Moroccan dual citizen with membership in a terrorist organization on allegations he went to Syria to train and fight with an al-Qaida linked group.
- Germany's Black Forest: Dark woods and mushrooms Updated: Apr-21-15 2:33 pm
ENZKLOSTERLE, Germany - The Black Forest gets its name from a canopy of trees so dense that the woods seem dark, pierced only by shafts of sunlight. Mushrooms sprout across the damp forest floor. Red squirrels scamper up the towering trees; streams tumble over rocks.
- Eintracht Frankfurt striker Alexander Meier out for season Updated: Apr-13-15 8:39 am