- Eintracht Frankfurt coach Thomas Schaaf quits after 1 season Updated: May-26-15 7:50 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Eintracht Frankfurt coach Thomas Schaaf has stepped down, blaming the club's board for making him leave after only one season in charge.
- Paderborn, Freiburg relegated from Bundesliga on final day Updated: May-23-15 1:08 pm
BERLIN - Paderborn and Freiburg were relegated from the Bundesliga on the last day of the season Saturday, while Hamburg clinched the relegation playoff spot and Stuttgart stayed up.
- Rwandan convicted in Germany could face more prison time Updated: May-21-15 9:12 am
BERLIN - Germany's top criminal court ruled Thursday that there was sufficient evidence to find a former Rwandan mayor guilty of participating in genocide and sent the case back for the lower court to reconsider his conviction last year on a lesser crime.
- Germany foils suspected Boston-style attack, officials say Updated: Apr-30-15 2:25 pm
BERLIN - German authorities foiled what they believe may have been an imminent Boston Marathon-style attack on a professional cycling race planned for Friday, seizing a cache of weapons, including a pipe bomb, and chemicals that can be used to make explosives in a raid on a suspected Islamic extremist's home outside Frankfurt.
- Cycling race around Frankfurt cancelled due to terror threat Updated: Apr-30-15 2:13 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Local authorities have canceled a traditional May Day international cycling race around Frankfurt following the arrest of a couple and the discovery of bomb-making material in their home near the route.