- Fresno high school teacher charged with sex-related crimes Updated: Oct-09-15 9:00 am
FRESNO, California - A Fresno High School teacher will be arraigned Friday on 37 felony charges in connection to having sex with his underage former student.
- Fresno hospital sues lung doctors for poaching patients Updated: Oct-08-15 9:46 am
FRESNO, California - A Fresno children's hospital has filed a lawsuit against lung doctors accusing them of trying to convince patients to switch to a rival medical group.
- Judge considering probation for ex-officer in rape case Updated: Oct-08-15 8:33 am
FRESNO, California - A judge is considering probation for a former Fresno police officer who has pleaded no contest to raping a female officer from a neighboring city while she was unconscious five years ago.
- California meets water savings target for third month Updated: Oct-01-15 5:34 pm
FRESNO, California - Californians cut water use by 27 percent in August, marking the third consecutive month that residents and businesses surpassed the 25 percent conservation goal set by Gov. Jerry Brown to deal with the relentless drought, officials said Thursday.
- Mississippi man sentenced for shipping meth from California Updated: Sep-30-15 10:35 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Mississippi man has been sentenced to 14 1/2 years in prison for the distribution of meth shipped from Fresno, California, to Jackson County, Mississippi.
- Former candidate for governor gets mistrial in 2014 shooting Updated: Sep-30-15 8:59 am
FRESNO, California - A mistrial has been declared in the case of a former California gubernatorial candidate accused of shooting and wounding his neighbor last year.
- 2 plead not guilty to murder of UCLA student found in fire Updated: Sep-30-15 12:33 am
LOS ANGELES - Two 22-year-old men fatally stabbed a University of California, Los Angeles student before setting her apartment on fire, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- Free dental clinic planned at Fresno Convention Center Updated: Sep-29-15 8:40 am
FRESNO, California - Patients can expect long lines as dentists attempt to bring 2,000 residents free dental care during a two-day clinic.
- Fresno police accuse 72-year-old man of son's shooting death Updated: Sep-28-15 5:26 am
FRESNO, California - Fresno police are investigating after they say a 72-year-old man shot and killed his 39-year-old son during a family disturbance.
- Wheels of justice slow at overloaded federal courts Updated: Sep-27-15 3:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Attorney Martha Gomez has been waiting more than three years to hear from a federal court whether a group of farm workers in California's Central Valley can proceed with their lawsuit alleging wage theft.
- Wilson throws for 4 TDs in 62-20 Utah win over Oregon Updated: Sep-27-15 2:43 am
EUGENE, Oregon - While Utah's players sang and danced in the locker room following their big victory over Oregon, coach Kyle Whittingham was already looking ahead to the next game.
- Ervin leads San Jose State past Fresno State, 49-23 Updated: Sep-27-15 2:41 am
SAN JOSE, California - Tyler Ervin rushed for three touchdowns and a San Jose State single-game record 300 yards on Saturday night to help the Spartans beat Fresno State 49-23.
- Blaze burns abandoned church in Fresno Updated: Sep-23-15 9:51 am
FRESNO, California - Firefighters worked to extinguish a two-alarm blaze at an abandoned church in Fresno that had threatened nearby homes.
- Navy fighter jet crashes in California; pilot ejected safely Updated: Sep-21-15 11:49 pm
FRESNO, California - A Navy fighter jet crashed near a California military base Monday, but the pilot ejected and safely parachuted to the ground, authorities said.
- Fresno State QB Greenlee arrested for public drunkenness Updated: Sep-21-15 10:55 pm
FRESNO, California - Fresno State quarterback Zack Greenlee was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and drinking in public and released from jail hours later, authorities said Monday.
- Man dies during attempted robbery at California pot grow Updated: Sep-21-15 6:59 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities say a man died after being struck by a pickup truck during a robbery attempt at a marijuana grow in Central California.
- Booker's 156 yards, 2 TDs lead No. 21 Utah past Fresno St Updated: Sep-20-15 3:47 am
FRESNO, California - Devontae Booker and Utah's defense and special teams made sure the 21st-ranked Utes didn't miss injured starting quarterback Travis Wilson in their first road game of the season.
- Farmworkers union claims victory in California labor battle Updated: Sep-18-15 8:49 pm
FRESNO, California - Organized labor claimed a victory in a decades-long fight with one of the nation's largest fruit growers when a judge ruled that the company interfered with its employees' vote on whether to reject union representation.
- Fresno deputies say 3 men dressed as officers, robbed homes Updated: Sep-18-15 8:19 am
FRESNO, California - Authorities say three men who robbed several homes while posing as police officers in Fresno have been arrested.
- The Latest: Alaska plane crash survivors' hometowns released Updated: Sep-16-15 7:17 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The latest developments on a fatal floatplane crash in southwest Alaska (all times local):
- California district agrees to clean up contaminated water Updated: Sep-15-15 9:04 pm
FRESNO, California - The nation's largest irrigation district agreed to clean up contaminated water in California's fertile Central Valley in a tentative deal announced Tuesday, settling a decades-old dispute with the federal government.
- Los Angeles Lakers sign shot-blocking center Robert Upshaw Updated: Sep-14-15 3:47 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - The Los Angeles Lakers have signed center Robert Upshaw to a multiyear contract.
- School districts see teacher shortages after years of cuts Updated: Sep-13-15 7:39 am
LOS ANGELES - After years of recession-related layoffs and hiring freezes, school systems across the United States are in urgent need of more qualified teachers.