- UCSF-Fresno receives $1 million to open center on aging Updated: Nov-24-15 8:52 am
FRESNO, California - The University of California, San Francisco-Fresno has received a $1 million gift to help the school establish a center on aging to serve a growing senior population in the central San Joaquin Valley.
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53 Updated: Nov-24-15 12:35 am
FRESNO, California - Jonquel Jones had 13 points and 13 rebounds for her second straight double-double, Lauren Chase added 12 points, eight boards and seven assists, and No. 24 George Washington beat Fresno State 61-53 on Monday night.
- Stolen classic cars returned to Central California couple Updated: Nov-23-15 10:25 am
FRESNO, California - Authorities say Central California couple who had two classic cars stolen earlier this month had the vehicles returned to them and police arrested two people for the crime.
- Fresno congregation gathers to remember children's pastor Updated: Nov-23-15 8:47 am
FRESNO, California - A Fresno congregation gathered Sunday night to remember the children's pastor who collapsed and died after giving his sermon that morning.
- Refugees at Fresno apartment complex living without heat Updated: Nov-22-15 6:35 pm
FRESNO, California - Activists say about 500 people, most of them refugees, have gone without heat, hot water or the ability to cook in their kitchens for more than 10 days after gas service was cut off to their Fresno apartment complex.
- James Lagier, former AP bureau chief, has died Updated: Nov-21-15 5:03 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - James C. Lagier, a former Associated Press bureau chief in the U.S. and Japan whose four-decade career included covering nuclear tests in the Pacific, filing the bulletin on Robert F. Kennedy's death and overseeing AP's reporting of the 1995 Kobe earthquake that killed more than 6,000 people, has died.
- CS Bakersfield turns back Fresno Pacific 81-68 Updated: Nov-20-15 5:11 pm
BAKERSFIELD, California - Kevin Mays scored a career-high 29 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lift Cal State Bakersfield to an 81-68 win over Fresno Pacific on Friday.
- Fresno State defeats San Francisco 78-71 with rain of 3s Updated: Nov-20-15 12:53 am
FRESNO, California - Cezar Guerrero scored 22 points, including a single-game career-high 6 3-pointers and Fresno State defeated San Francisco 78-71 on Thursday night.
- Study finds more Mexicans leaving the US than coming Updated: Nov-19-15 7:18 pm
SAN DIEGO - More Mexicans are leaving than moving into the United States, reversing the flow of a half-century of mass migration, according to a study published Thursday.
- 5 people shot in parking lot in Central California city Updated: Nov-19-15 10:02 am
FRESNO, California - Authorities are investigating a shooting that left five people with gunshot wounds.
- UC Davis beats Div. II Fresno Pacific 76-46 Updated: Nov-19-15 12:12 am
DAVIS, California - Josh Fox scored 21 points with four rebounds as UC Davis beat Division II Fresno Pacific 76-46 on Wednesday night.
- Harris, Jones lead Fresno St. past Lamar, 80-72 to start 2-0 Updated: Nov-17-15 12:51 am
FRESNO, California - Marvelle Harris and Torren Jones each scored 19 points and Fresno State held off Lamar late, 80-72 to win their second straight game to start the season.,
- Fresno State charges back for 69-66 win over Pepperdine Updated: Nov-14-15 1:14 am
FRESNO, California - Julien Lewis made one of two free throws for a 68-66 lead and then Lionel Ellison stole the inbound pass with 8.9 seconds remaining to secure Fresno State's 69-66 season-opening win over Pepperdine on Friday night.
- Fresno inmate who escaped with swapped ID surrenders Updated: Nov-12-15 10:45 am
FRESNO, California - A registered sex offender who escaped from the Fresno County jail by swapping identification bracelets with a fellow inmate has returned to custody.
- Officials: Fresno inmate swapped ID with friend to escape Updated: Nov-11-15 6:29 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities are searching for a registered sex offender who escaped from the Fresno County jail by swapping identification bracelets with a fellow inmate.
- Fresno County sheriff's dog known as hero dies Updated: Nov-10-15 9:33 am
FRESNO, California - A Fresno County sheriff's dog well known for losing an eye in a 2009 shootout has died.
- Nevada shuts down Fresno State in 2nd half for 30-16 win Updated: Nov-06-15 2:18 am
FRESNO, California - James Butler ran for 122 yards and one touchdown, freshman Dameon Baber tied a conference single-game record with three interceptions and Nevada beat Fresno State 30-16 on Thursday night.
- 2 dead after driver of stolen pickup crashes in California Updated: Nov-04-15 10:14 am
FRESNO, California - Authorities say two people were killed and a third seriously injured in a collision caused when the driver of a stolen pickup broadsided two cars.
- Former Fresno Bee columnist Kathy Barberich dies at 67 Updated: Nov-03-15 8:36 am
FRESNO, California - Kathy Barberich, a retired journalist whose career with the Fresno Bee spanned four decades and who connected with readers by writing a column about family life and ordinary people, has died.
- Fresno State student detained in campus shooting threat Updated: Nov-02-15 11:53 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities say a student at California State University, Fresno has been arrested in connection with a social media threat that described a plan to shoot students on campus.
- Prison magazine files lawsuit against Tulare County sheriff Updated: Nov-02-15 8:24 am
FRESNO, California - A monthly magazine that advocates for inmate rights has filed a lawsuit accusing the Tulare County sheriff of violating the free speech rights of inmates by not delivering its publication.
- State OSHA fines Fresno County for gas pipeline explosion Updated: Oct-29-15 8:41 am
FRESNO, California - The California Occupational Safety and Health Administration is fining Fresno County more than $100,000 for its role in a natural gas line explosion that killed a Fresno County Jail inmate worker.