- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case Updated: Mar-10-14 7:51 pm
- Fresno State runs past San Jose State 69-56 Updated: Mar-09-14 12:32 am
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested Updated: Mar-08-14 3:21 pm
- Gang member gets life in killing of pregnant woman Updated: Mar-06-14 8:46 am
- Fresno mayor plans bid for state controller Updated: Mar-06-14 8:31 am
- California Yellow pages firm sues phone giant AT&T Updated: Mar-05-14 6:53 pm
- No. 13 San Diego State downs Fresno State 82-67 Updated: Mar-02-14 2:33 am
- Fresno State loses to No. 13 San Diego State 82-67 Updated: Mar-02-14 2:30 am
- Man struck by lightning at California oil field Updated: Feb-28-14 6:11 pm
- California court: Drivers can read cellphone maps Updated: Feb-27-14 8:07 pm
- 3 dead in Central California crash Updated: Feb-27-14 3:46 pm
- Fresno St. leads early, beats Boise St. 76-56 Updated: Feb-26-14 11:18 pm
- California officers killed in crash remembered Updated: Feb-24-14 1:44 pm
- California farmers won't get federal water Updated: Feb-21-14 7:10 pm
- Son of former CHP official sentenced for rape Updated: Feb-19-14 2:18 pm
- Correction: Arts Education story Updated: Feb-18-14 12:20 pm
- Fallen Calif. Highway Patrol officers were friends Updated: Feb-18-14 2:47 am
- 5 family members killed in California crash ID'd Updated: Feb-17-14 10:40 pm
- 2 Calif. Highway Patrol officers killed in crash Updated: Feb-17-14 8:14 pm
- Father sees family die in fiery California crash Updated: Feb-17-14 12:50 am
- Calif. father watches family killed in fiery crash Updated: Feb-16-14 1:20 pm
- Fresno State over Colorado State 75-66 Updated: Feb-16-14 12:15 am
- Farmers: Obama's drought relief efforts lacking Updated: Feb-14-14 8:58 pm
- Fresno cops acquitted in brutality case Updated: Feb-13-14 9:50 pm
- Calif. man sentenced in counterfeit cash scheme Updated: Feb-11-14 9:00 am
FRESNO, California - A Central California man convicted of pointing a high-powered laser at a police helicopter was sentenced Monday to spend 14 years in federal prison, a term prosecutors believe to be among the region's longest for such a crime.
SAN JOSE, California - Paul Watson made 4 of 8 3-point attempts, totaling 16 points, to lead Fresno State to a dominating 69-56 victory over San Jose State Saturday night.
FRESNO, California - The career criminal whose participation in a notorious murder spurred California's so-called three strikes law has been arrested again.
FRESNO, California - A Fresno gang member has been sentenced to life in prison for killing a woman and her unborn child eight years ago.
FRESNO, California - Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin is running for state controller.
FRESNO, California - A California Yellow Pages company filed a lawsuit against AT&T and its corporate partners Wednesday in a dispute over phone book advertising.
FRESNO, California - Xavier Thames had been struggling with his shot for weeks until a step-back 3-pointer at the halftime buzzer Saturday night seemed to snap San Diego State's top scorer out of his funk.
FRESNO, California - Fresno State coach Rodney Terry didn't like what he saw just before halftime.
FRESNO, California - Officials say a man was struck by lightning while looking for work at a Central California oil field.
FRESNO, California - Drivers in California can legally read a map on their hand-held cellphones while behind the wheel, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.
FRESNO, California - The California Highway Patrol says three people, including a 9-year-old boy, died when two cars collided at a rural Fresno County intersection.
FRESNO, California - Marvelle Harris scored 26 points, 20 of those in a dominating first half, and Fresno State stayed in control for a 76-56 victory over Boise State on Wednesday night.
FRESNO, California - The memorial service is underway for two California Highway Patrol officers killed while responding to a crash south of Fresno.
FRESNO, California - Without a lot more rain and snow, many California farmers caught in the state's drought can expect to receive no irrigation water this year from a vast system of rivers, canals and reservoirs interlacing the state, federal officials announced Friday.
FRESNO, California - The son of a former California Highway Patrol assistant chief has been given prison time for raping a woman at knifepoint, while his father and other family members could stand trial on allegations that they helped him flee to Mexico.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - In a story Feb. 12 about an effort to expand arts education for K-8 students, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Las Vegas Ballet was involved in an initiative in Las Vegas. The Nevada Ballet Theatre is involved in that effort. The AP also reported erroneously that the city of Fresno, California, had generated $2 million in new funding for arts education. That money was generated by the city's school system.
KINGSBURG, California - Two California Highway Patrol officers who died when their squad car flipped as they headed to an accident site were good friends and partners who trained together, the agency's chief said.
FRESNO, California - Authorities have identified a woman and four children killed in a fiery central California crash after another driver ran a stop sign.
KINGSBURG, California - The California Highway Patrol was mourning the loss of two officers Monday after their squad car flipped over while responding to a multi-vehicle crash.
FRESNO, California - A central California man helplessly watched his wife and four young children perish in a fiery crash after trying unsuccessfully to rescue his family from the burning vehicle, authorities said Sunday.
FRESNO, California - A Fresno-area father watched his four children and their mother perish in a fiery crash and was injured as he tried to rescue them from the burning vehicle.
FRESNO, California - Tyler Johnson scored 18 points with six rebounds as Fresno State defeated Colorado State 75-66 on Saturday night.
FRESNO, California - Farmers in California's drought-stricken Central Valley said the financial assistance President Barack Obama delivered on his visit Friday does not get to the heart of California's long-term water problems.
FRESNO, California - A federal jury has acquitted three former Fresno police officers and a police sergeant of brutality charges stemming from a 2005 domestic violence call.
CLOVIS, California - A Northern California man has been sentenced to 10 months in prison for conspiring to buy, receive, alter and pass counterfeit money.