- Fresno State hands San Diego State its 1st MWC loss, 58-57 Updated: Feb-11-16 1:33 am
FRESNO, California - Marvelle Harris had 20 points, five assists and four steals and Fresno State handed San Diego State its first Mountain West Conference loss in a 58-57 victory Wednesday night.
- California farmers reap record sales in record drought Updated: Feb-09-16 5:58 pm
FRESNO, California - A new state report shows California farmers reaping record sales despite the epic drought, thriving even as city-dwellers have been forced to conserve water, household wells have run dry and fish have died.
- Fresno State fights off UNLV 111-104 for double overtime win Updated: Feb-06-16 10:06 pm
FRESNO, California - Marvelle Harris had 37 points as Fresno State fought off UNLV for a 111-104 double overtime win on Saturday night.
- Fresno officers arrest 2 for illegal apartment gambling Updated: Feb-04-16 9:19 am
FRESNO, California - Fresno authorities have arrested two people they say were running an illegal gambling operation out of an apartment.
- San Jose State dumps Fresno State 65-53 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:24 am
SAN JOSE, California - Freshman Brandon Clarke had a career-high 15 rebounds and 14 points to record his third double-double in the last seven games as San Jose State beat Fresno State 65-53 Wednesday night.
- Oklahoma fills voids at linebacker, receiver on signing day Updated: Feb-03-16 9:13 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma boosted one of the nation's top recruiting classes with the addition of linebacker Caleb Kelly late Wednesday.
- Correction: California Drought story Updated: Feb-03-16 3:14 pm
FRESNO, California - In a story Feb. 2 about California water conservation, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the average monthly water use declined from 76 gallons for each person in November to 67 gallons in December. The figures were for daily consumption, not monthly use.
- 3 Conservation Corps members killed in car crash near Fresno Updated: Feb-02-16 9:42 pm
REEDLEY, California - Officials say three California Conservation Corps crew members en route to a water conservation turf removal project were killed in a car crash near Reedley.
- Regulators: Fresno County responsible for pipeline explosion Updated: Feb-02-16 12:41 pm
FRESNO, California - The California Public Utilities Commission determined that Fresno County was responsible for a deadly April pipeline explosion at a shooting range in Fresno.
- Five-alarm fire destroys historic Fresno house Updated: Feb-02-16 11:20 am
FRESNO, California - A five-alarm fire has destroyed a historic building in Fresno's downtown.
- Harris scores 25, Fresno State beats Wyoming 71-60 Updated: Jan-27-16 12:37 am
FRESNO, California - Marvell Harris had 15 of his 25 points in the second half and Fresno State rallied to beat Wyoming 71-60 on Tuesday night.
- Shrigley returns as San Diego St. runs past Utah St. 70-55 Updated: Jan-23-16 9:30 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Diego State got an added bonus as it beat Utah State 70-55 Saturday for its seventh straight victory to open Mountain West Conference play.
- Man and woman slain in Fresno County Updated: Jan-21-16 9:53 am
FRESNO, California - A man and a woman were found slain at a home in Fresno County and the suspect remains at large.
- Families sue Fresno psychiatric hospital for wrongful deaths Updated: Jan-21-16 8:47 am
FRESNO, California - The families of two women who died while in the care of a Fresno psychiatric hospital are suing for wrongful death and medical malpractice.
- Kell's 27 lead San Diego St to 73-67 OT victory vs Fresno St Updated: Jan-20-16 2:24 am
SAN DIEGO - With the shot clock winding down midway through overtime and a defender hanging on him, San Diego State's Trey Kell took a pass from Dakarai Allen and put up a long 3-pointer.
- Man cited for panhandling in Fresno for 70th time in year Updated: Jan-19-16 8:37 am
FRESNO, California - A man who police say was walking into traffic in Fresno to ask people for money has racked up his 70th citation for aggressive panhandling in the past year.
- California farmers brace for water shortage despite El Nino Updated: Jan-17-16 12:19 pm
FRESNO, California - Farmers in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley are bracing to receive no irrigation water from a federal system of reservoirs and canals for a third consecutive year and looking to El Nino to produce the very wet winter they need.
- Harris' 32 points lift Fresno St past San Jose St, 81-74 Updated: Jan-16-16 9:47 pm
FRESNO, California - Marvelle Harris poured in 32 points as Fresno State held off a San Jose State comeback to post an 81-74 Mountain West Conference win Saturday.
- Weber, Bernardi return to Fresno State as assistant coaches Updated: Jan-15-16 8:49 pm
FRESNO, California - Mark Weber and Joe Bernardi returned to Fresno State on Friday as assistant coaches on Tim DeRuyter's football staff.
- Underground shooting range found in Central California Updated: Jan-15-16 10:16 am
CALWA, California - Officers in Central California found an underground shooting range after neighbors reported hearing gunfire.