- Lawyer says allegations B.B. King was poisoned 'ridiculous' Updated: May-25-15 10:07 pm
LAS VEGAS - Two B.B. King heirs who've been most outspoken about the blues legend's care in his final days have accused King's two closest aides of poisoning him, but the attorney for King's estate called the claims ridiculous and police said there was no active homicide investigation.
- Busche, Guarnier win second US road cycling championships Updated: May-25-15 9:11 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Matt Busche and Megan Guarnier each won their second road national championship Monday, and earned a spot on the U.S. team for the world championships in Virginia this September.
- Weather Service says Monroe County windstorm was tornado Updated: May-25-15 8:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A little more than four years after a powerful tornado destroyed most of Smithville, Monroe County residents are cleaning up from another twister.
- Troubled Memphis-area cemetery reopens for family visits Updated: May-25-15 7:59 pm
BARTLETT, Tennessee - Clutching red flowers and blue balloons, hundreds of relatives visited deceased loved ones buried at a troubled Memphis-area cemetery for the first time since it closed more than a year ago, after its owner was arrested and charged with mishandling burials.
- Ethics panel fading to obscurity 10 years after Tenn. Waltz Updated: May-25-15 12:07 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - In the typical fray of the legislative session, few paid close attention to a seemingly innocuous bill about recycling computer equipment. That was until federal agents started arresting lawmakers.
- Tennessee wants to expand summer meal program for children Updated: May-25-15 9:59 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Tennessee officials are looking for more groups to serve summer meals to make sure low-income children don't go hungry when school is not in session.
- Stones River National Battlefield getting bigger Updated: May-25-15 8:54 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - The Civil War Trust has purchased two tracts of land to expand the Stones River National Battlefield site in Tennessee.
- Nashville police studying use of body cameras Updated: May-25-15 8:28 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville police are checking out how other big-city law enforcement agencies are using body cameras before deciding whether to use the cameras.
- 2 killed in interstate crash in Tennessee Updated: May-24-15 5:32 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities say two people were killed and another critically injured in a vehicle crash on Interstate 40 in the Nashville metro area.
- Mayor: Plan for bullet train likely stopped in its tracks Updated: May-24-15 3:15 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga is looking into the possibility of building light commuter rail throughout the city, Mayor Andy Berke said.
- Mobile bus food program to provide summer meals for students Updated: May-24-15 2:40 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - School buses-turned-mobile-feeding centers will help Murfreesboro City Schools provide an estimated 90,000 free meals to school-aged children this summer.
- Memphis police investigating fatal shooting Updated: May-24-15 2:31 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Police say a man was shot and killed while walking with his girlfriend in downtown Memphis.
- State Supreme Court to hear Vanderbilt rape records lawsuit Updated: May-24-15 12:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The state Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on Thursday over a lawsuit calling for the city of Nashville to force the release of records in a case involving former Vanderbilt football players charged with rape.
- Bullying blamed for suicides of 2 Tenn. students Updated: May-24-15 11:14 am
COPPERHILL, Tennessee - About 100 people gathered in a southeastern Tennessee town to release balloons in memory of two area students who committed suicide.
- Kristin Armstrong, Andrew Talansky capture time trial titles Updated: May-23-15 6:15 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Two-time Olympic time trial gold medalist Kristin Armstrong, making another comeback from retirement, won her fourth national title Saturday to lock up a spot for the world championships.
- 82-year-old woman graduates from South Pittsburg High School Updated: May-23-15 3:35 pm
SOUTH PITTSBURG, Tennessee - An 82-year-old woman was among the graduates to receive a diploma from South Pittsburg High School this week.
- Study finds Youth Villages program helps after foster care Updated: May-23-15 2:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A recent study found a Tennessee program helped make life better for a group of foster children who aged out of state care - something never before documented by researchers.
- Dalewood students use hip-hop to learn STEM standards Updated: May-23-15 2:39 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - As science teacher Henry Oston queued up the backing track on a nearby laptop, eighth-grader Tahj Cargle motioned for his three friends standing behind him - Eric Kelly, Jamaal Ward and Jamichael Wilson - to join him at the front.
- Technical colleges get boost from free tuition program Updated: May-23-15 1:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - More than 9,000 Tennessee adults have signed up for free technical college education under a new statewide grant that covers tuition.
- 2 dead, 6 injured in crash involving 4 motorcycles, SUV Updated: May-23-15 1:40 pm
MARYVILLE, Tennessee - Two people are dead and six injured after an SUV drove into oncoming traffic, striking four motorcycles.
- Settlement reached in false-arrest lawsuit against sheriff Updated: May-23-15 11:58 am
MCKEE, Kentucky - The insurance carrier for the former Jackson County sheriff has agreed to a $62,500 settlement in a false-arrest lawsuit by a former Jackson County judge-executive.
- Former Memphis clerk pleads guilty to embezzling fines Updated: May-23-15 10:11 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A former Memphis deputy court clerk has pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $24,000 in traffic fines.
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Tennessee student-athletes post 3.04 GPA in spring semester Updated: May-22-15 6:56 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee student-athletes have posted a 3.04 overall grade point average for the spring semester, their second-highest GPA since the school started recording sport-by-sport data on the subject in 2003.
- TBI arrests more than dozen in human trafficking operation Updated: May-22-15 5:39 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says it placed fake ads for prostitutes and arrested about a dozen people this week as part of an operation to better understand human trafficking in the state.