- Man shot to death in Memphis was brother of slain girl Updated: Feb-09-16 6:51 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - One of the four people killed on Sunday in Memphis was the brother of a 15-year-old girl shot to death in her sleep in a drive-by shooting last year.
- Joint venture acquires Raleigh shopping mall for $174M Updated: Feb-09-16 4:47 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A joint venture has acquired the Triangle Town Center mall in northern Raleigh for $174 million.
- Radnor Lake named Tennessee's top state park Updated: Feb-09-16 3:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Radnor Lake State Park in Nashville has been named Tennessee's top state park.
- Lillard has 33 to lead Blazers past Grizzlies 112-106 Updated: Feb-09-16 12:45 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - C.J. McCollum struggled with his shooting until overtime when a trio of field goals provided Portland with a winning boost.
- Kudla into 2nd round of Memphis Open Updated: Feb-08-16 11:04 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - No. 5 seed Denis Kudla moved into the second round of the Memphis Open with a 6-4, 6-2 victory over Rajeev Ram on Monday.
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown Updated: Feb-08-16 9:48 pm
MACON, Georgia - Eric Robertson hit six 3-pointers and scored 20 points and Chattanooga won its ninth straight game by edging Mercer 72-66 in overtime Monday night.
- Country legend Merle Haggard returns to stage after illness Updated: Feb-08-16 8:19 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Country legend Merle Haggard has returned to the stage after canceling several shows in February because of health issues caused by pneumonia.
- Department of Education scraps online test after crashes Updated: Feb-08-16 7:51 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee education officials say they no longer have faith that a brand new education assessment test known as TNReady can be administered online after a series of computer glitches, including one Monday that forced school officials across the state to halt testing on the first day of its rollout.
- Police: Off-duty Memphis officer shoots intruder at home Updated: Feb-08-16 7:31 pm
SOUTHAVEN, Mississippi - Police in Memphis, Tennessee, say one of their off-duty officers has shot a person at a home in the nearby Mississippi city of Southaven.
- House sponsor delays voucher vote amid flurry of amendments Updated: Feb-08-16 7:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Proponents of a creating a limited school voucher program in Tennessee first feared that snow flurries would keep enough supporters from arriving for a House floor vote Monday.
- The Latest: Department of education scraps online test Updated: Feb-08-16 7:07 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Latest on school assessment testing computer glitches. (all times local)
- Tennessee AG appointed to investigate Durham allegations Updated: Feb-08-16 6:38 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A special House committee has voted to designate Tennessee's attorney general to investigate sexual harassment allegations against Republican state Rep. Jeremy Durham.
- Prosecutors to seek death in Memphis officer's shooting Updated: Feb-08-16 5:32 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Prosecutors will be seeking the death penalty in the fatal shooting of a Memphis police officer last year.
- Prosecutors to seek death in Memphis officer's shooting Updated: Feb-08-16 5:08 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Prosecutors will be seeking the death penalty in the fatal shooting of a Memphis police officer earlier this year.
- Banking firm settles with state over failed Missouri plant Updated: Feb-08-16 5:07 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An investment banker will pay $850,000 as the last settlement involving lawsuits over bonding for a failed Missouri sweetener factory, Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander announced Monday.
- Data: 65 positives in drug testing for benefits in Tennessee Updated: Feb-08-16 4:56 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Tennessee law requiring drug screening and testing of people applying for a cash assistance program has yielded few positives for illicit drugs.
- Producer Dave Cobb goes from outsiders to influencers Updated: Feb-08-16 2:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Producer Dave Cobb sits on a couch in the cavernous RCA Studio A, a 50-year-old studio on Music Row that was due to be razed to the ground less than two years ago to make room for luxury condos.
- Police cancel Amber Alert, girl found safe Updated: Feb-08-16 1:35 pm
ROCKWOOD, Tennessee - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says an Amber Alert issued for a missing 12-year-old girl has been canceled.
- TBI investigates inmate death at Rutherford County jail Updated: Feb-08-16 1:22 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Authorities are investigating the death of an inmate at the Rutherford County Adult Detention Center.
- Drug testing for benefits yields few positive results Updated: Feb-08-16 5:41 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Officials say less than 0.2 percent of people who have applied for welfare since July 2014 have failed a drug test mandated for some.
- Fort Campbell soldier charged in fatal accident Updated: Feb-08-16 4:20 am
CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee - A Fort Campbell soldier has been charged in a drunken driving accident that killed another motorist in November.
- Man charged in Memphis girl's death pleads to gun charge Updated: Feb-08-16 4:20 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A man charged in a drive-by shooting of a 7-year-old girl in Memphis has pleaded guilty to a federal gun possession charge.
- 'Shark Tank' cast member Greiner to headline conference Updated: Feb-08-16 4:10 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - ABC's "Shark Tank" cast member Lori Greiner will be the featured speaker at a conference next month in Chattanooga.
- East Tennessee woman indicted in death of boyfriend's son Updated: Feb-08-16 4:05 am
JASPER, Tennessee - An east Tennessee woman has been indicted in the death of her boyfriend's 6-year-old son.
- No. 12 Texas A&M women beat No. 23 Tennessee 76-71 in OT Updated: Feb-07-16 8:04 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Trailing by 11 points with three minutes left, all hope of a comeback for Texas A&M seemed utterly lost. Then in the sudden blink of an eye, everything took a 180 degree turn.