- Predators C Mike Fisher leaves game with lower-body injury Updated: Dec-01-15 9:53 pm
- Tennessee's McGhee transferring; Hubbs has knee surgery Updated: Dec-01-15 9:23 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee guard Robert Hubbs has undergone arthroscopic knee surgery and forward Jabari McGhee is transferring, the team announced Tuesday.
- 4 charged in East Tennessee after man robbed, beaten, dies Updated: Dec-01-15 7:55 pm
TAZEWELL, Tennessee - Four people are charged in East Tennessee after a 56-year-old man was robbed and beaten and died.
- Autopsy finds man died of 'LSD toxicity' in police custody Updated: Dec-01-15 7:41 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A medical examiner's autopsy reports a Tennessee man died of accidental "complications of LSD toxicity" in police custody in Mississippi.
- AP Interview: UAW exploring new strategies at Volkswagen Updated: Dec-01-15 6:53 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Frustrated in past attempts to organize its first foreign automaker in the South, the United Auto Workers union is taking a new approach at Volkswagen's plant in Tennessee.
- Kasich makes fundraising stops in Tennessee Updated: Dec-01-15 5:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican presidential candidate John Kasich said Tuesday that his visit to Tennessee is aimed at avoiding having to scramble for support in the state's March 1 primary if he emerges as a strong contender from the earliest contests.
- 2015 AP All-Ohio Division IV football team Updated: Dec-01-15 5:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Associated Press 2015 Division IV All-Ohio football team:
- GOP state Rep. Leigh Wilburn resigns from Tennessee House Updated: Dec-01-15 4:42 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican state Rep. Leigh Wilburn of Somerville is resigning from the Tennessee General Assembly just one year into her first term.
- Intellectual disabilities program to cost $19 million Updated: Dec-01-15 4:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam said Tuesday that a program to help people with intellectual disabilities find jobs makes sense, but he wants to learn more about it before investing $19 million.
- Vols AD Hart has begun talks on extension, raise for Jones Updated: Dec-01-15 3:51 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart has begun discussions on a potential raise and contract extension for football coach Butch Jones.
- Former Gibson County sheriff indicted on 113 charges Updated: Dec-01-15 3:36 pm
TRENTON, Tennessee - Former Gibson County Sheriff Chuck Arnold and 11 others have been indicted on theft, official misconduct and other charges following an investigation.
- Haslam seeks autonomy for 6 public universities in Tennessee Updated: Dec-01-15 1:09 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam is proposing to give more autonomy to six public universities and have the Tennessee Board of Regents system focus on the state's 40 community and technical colleges.
- Federal funds awarded for Memphis pedestrian safety Updated: Dec-01-15 4:01 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - More than $1 million in federal funds is being awarded for sidewalk and pedestrian safety in Memphis.
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31 Updated: Nov-30-15 10:10 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - In the moments after his team's 79-31 blowout victory, Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma gave Chattanooga's Jim Foster a pat in the back as the two Hall of Famers briefly chatted at midcourt.
- Shepard among Oklahoma's all-time great receivers Updated: Nov-30-15 7:07 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Sterling Shepard will go down as one of Oklahoma's great receivers.
- Coach: NFL called play in Titans' loss 'poorly officiated' Updated: Nov-30-15 6:25 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Titans interim coach Mike Mularkey says the NFL called how referee Jeff Triplette's crew handled a late fourth down in Tennessee's 24-21 loss to Oakland a "poorly officiated play."
- Tennessee AG says state can't refuse Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-30-15 4:56 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State Attorney General Herbert Slatery says in a legal opinion that federal law prevents Tennessee from refusing entry of Syrian refugees.
- No takers yet for historic Oak Ridge WWII-era temporary town Updated: Nov-30-15 2:47 pm
OAK RIDGE, Tennessee - Organizations that work with the homeless have not expressed any interest in acquiring the 160-acre tract in Oak Ridge where thousands of people lived during the secret World War II Manhattan Project.
- Good Samaritan near Nashville in 2002 sought on Facebook Updated: Nov-30-15 12:30 pm
MILLERSVILLE, Tennessee - An Ohio woman is searching for the good Samaritan who helped her family at the scene of a car accident when she was a young child.
- Lady Eagle travel to Tennessee Tech Updated: Nov-30-15 10:32 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Southern Miss women's basketball team will travel to Tennessee Tech on Tuesday for a non-conference matchup at 6 p.m.
- 11 horses die in Gallatin barn fire Updated: Nov-30-15 9:43 am
GALLATIN, Tennessee - Eleven horses are dead after a barn fire in Middle Tennessee.
- Knoxville Vietnam veterans plan return trip Updated: Nov-30-15 6:10 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A group of Knoxville veterans will be traveling to Vietnam for a weeklong trip.
- Shots fired outside East Nashville church Updated: Nov-30-15 5:25 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Greater Grace Temple Community Church in East Nashville was put on lockdown after shots rang out outside.
- Hearings for Tennessee budget begin Monday Updated: Nov-30-15 4:25 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The heads of state government departments will begin presenting their proposed budgets on Monday to Gov. Bill Haslam.
- Carr throws TD with 1:21 left as Raiders edge Titans 24-21 Updated: Nov-30-15 2:19 am