- Looking for democracy in Thailand's Democrat Party Updated: Dec-11-13 5:56 am
- Thai democracy enters dangerous new crossroads Updated: Dec-10-13 10:55 pm
- Thai protesters claim authority over government Updated: Dec-10-13 12:48 pm
- Thailand: Political crisis timeline Updated: Dec-09-13 1:46 am
- Ex-PM Thaksin a saintly figure in rural Thailand Updated: Dec-05-13 10:11 pm
- AP appoints Brummitt as Southeast Asia news editor Updated: Dec-05-13 8:16 pm
- Long-running societal divide fuels Thai conflict Updated: Dec-02-13 8:01 am
- Serena Williams to play Azarenka in Thailand Updated: Nov-28-13 12:41 am
- Thailand cuts interest rate amid political strife Updated: Nov-27-13 6:04 am
- Questions, answers on Thailand political protests Updated: Nov-26-13 11:59 am
- Tiananmen leader denied in bid to return to China Updated: Nov-25-13 8:52 am
- Thailand's $69.5B transport plan faces legal test Updated: Nov-21-13 12:02 am
- Thai court ruling deals new blow to government Updated: Nov-20-13 9:52 am
- Thailand extradites drug ring suspects to US Updated: Nov-19-13 6:07 am
BANGKOK - The Democrat Party has seen the enemy.
BANGKOK - Protesters waging a surreal political fight to oust Thailand's elected prime minister are trying to establish what amounts to a parallel government - one complete with "security volunteers" to replace the police, a foreign policy of their own and a central committee that has already begun issuing audacious orders.
BANGKOK - The head of Thailand's protest movement on Tuesday extended his extraordinary claims to holding power over government activities, issuing orders to officials over whom he has no legal or actual authority.
BANGKOK - Thailand's political crisis took an unexpected turn Monday when Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she would dissolve the lower house of Parliament and call early elections. The move appeared to be an attempt to ease tension after weeks of sometimes violent anti-government demonstrations. The country has experienced years of alternating street protests between supporters and opponents of Yingluck's older brother, ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who remains a key figure in Thai politics even though he is in self-imposed exile in Dubai.
KAMBON, Thailand - Here, in a village where electricity is still a novelty, they'll quickly tell you who was responsible for bringing change to this long-neglected corner of Thailand.
BANGKOK - Chris Brummitt, Vietnam chief of bureau for The Associated Press, has been promoted to the new role of Southeast Asia news editor, responsible for text coverage and operations across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
BANGKOK - Both the protesters on the streets of Bangkok and the Thai government pleading for them to go home say they're on the side of democracy, but that is not what their increasingly dangerous conflict is about. This is a fight about power, and who ought to have it.
BANGKOK - Thailand's central bank unexpectedly lowered the cost of credit Wednesday as escalating protests to topple the government add to pressure on the economy.
Questions and answers about the political unrest in Thailand:
HONG KONG - The second most-wanted student leader from the 1989 Tiananmen Square pro-democracy protests was turned back from Hong Kong on Monday in his latest attempt to surrender to Chinese authorities and return home.
BANGKOK - Thailand's plans to plow $69.5 billion into building high-speed train lines and other transport infrastructure are in limbo after the main opposition party launched a legal challenge to the spending.
BANGKOK - Thailand's embattled government received a sharp scolding Wednesday from the country's top court, with a ruling on constitutional change suggesting that the conservative political establishment is still not ready to reconcile with forces supporting former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in a 2006 military coup.
BANGKOK - Five men wanted for allegedly conspiring to smuggle cocaine as part of an international criminal network were extradited from Thailand to the United States on Tuesday, officials said.