- Thailand's 87-year-old king makes rare public appearance Updated: May-05-15 6:22 am
BANGKOK - Thailand's revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej made a rare public appearance Tuesday to mark the 65th anniversary of his coronation.
- Thai inquest lays no blame in killing of Reuters cameraman Updated: Apr-30-15 6:31 am
BANGKOK - Five years after a Reuters video journalist was shot dead during a protest in Thailand, a court said Thursday that its inquest was unable to determine if the shot was fired by Thai soldiers or protesters.
- Bangkok tourists rescued by Troopers from Mendenhall Glacier Updated: Apr-27-15 11:00 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Two Thai nationals from Bangkok were rescued after calling the Alaska State Troopers to say they were lost in the dark.
- US lets in Thai fish caught by slaves despite law Updated: Apr-22-15 12:54 am
WASHINGTON - In its first report on trafficking around the world, the U.S. criticized Thailand as a hub for labor abuse. Yet 14 years later, seafood caught by slaves on Thai boats is still slipping into the supply chains of major American stores and supermarkets.
- Thailand seizes 4 tons of elephant tusks smuggled from Congo Updated: Apr-20-15 8:16 am
BANGKOK - Thailand seized 4 tons of ivory hidden in bean sacks tracked from Congo in what authorities said was the biggest bust in the country's history, customs officials said Monday.
- Thai junta links Samui island bombing to political opponents Updated: Apr-11-15 6:44 am
BANGKOK - A car bomb explosion that slightly injured seven people on the popular resort island of Samui in southern Thailand may be linked to the country's political turmoil, a spokesman for the military government said Saturday.