- Jurors deliberate fate of Montana man who shot home invader Updated: Feb-11-16 10:22 am
HELENA, Montana - A jury is deliberating the fate of a Montana man who shot and killed a home intruder.
- Missoula school student data breach included alumni records Updated: Feb-11-16 1:19 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Missoula County Public Schools says a data breach that affected more than 1,100 students also included private information on alumni and deceased students.
- Court's stay on EPA rules gives governor temporary reprieve Updated: Feb-10-16 8:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - The U.S. Supreme Court's decision to temporarily freeze the Obama administration's Clean Power Plan gives Montana Gov. Steve Bullock breathing room in his campaign for a second term.
- Candidates barred from targeting public workers' emails Updated: Feb-10-16 2:58 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana candidates for political office are barred from distributing unsolicited campaign material to public employees' email addresses, the state commissioner of political practices said Wednesday.
- Man pleads guilty in death of girlfriend's 2-year-old son Updated: Feb-10-16 2:48 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 22-year-old Evergreen man has entered a guilty plea in the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son.
- Man arrested after 12-hour standoff charged with assault Updated: Feb-10-16 2:25 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Bozeman man involved in a 12-hour standoff with police has been charged with assault with a weapon.
- Man sentenced for leaving the scene of pedestrian collision Updated: Feb-10-16 1:33 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A 31-year-old Bozeman man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for leaving the scene of a collision in which a pedestrian was severely injured.
- Data shows mild flu season in Montana so far Updated: Feb-10-16 12:15 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana health officials say flu-related hospitalizations are down 95 percent from the same period last year.
- Man arrested on suspicion of kidnapping estranged wife Updated: Feb-10-16 9:54 am
HAMILTON, Montana - A 49-year-old Corvallis man has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping his estranged wife and assaulting her.
- Officials ID bicyclist killed by truck as Billings veteran Updated: Feb-10-16 9:54 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Officials have identified a bicyclist who was struck and killed by a pickup truck in Billings as a veteran who was living in a transitional living facility.
- Judge's ruling keeps top-ranked wrestler from competition Updated: Feb-10-16 1:17 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A Flathead High School wrestler won't compete in an upcoming state tournament after a judge upheld a Montana High School Association ruling that deemed him ineligible for the 138-pound weight class.
- Bullock suspends work of Clean Power Plan panel after ruling Updated: Feb-09-16 8:46 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana Gov. Steve Bullock on Tuesday suspended the work of a panel appointed to address new federal carbon dioxide emissions rules after the U.S. Supreme Court temporarily blocked the key component of President Barack Obama's climate change plan.
- Gov. Bullock takes aim at filling health care jobs Updated: Feb-09-16 6:51 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, hoping to promote his record on producing high-wage jobs, convened a round-table discussion at Montana Tech on Tuesday to address the state's growing need for more health care workers.
- Food pantry proposed to feed hungry MSU students Updated: Feb-09-16 12:04 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A class of Montana State University students is proposing the university start a free food bank on campus to help feed hungry college students.
- DUI charges brought against man in fatal crash near Troy Updated: Feb-09-16 2:22 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A Lincoln County man is facing charges in a high-speed crash that killed his passenger near Troy in August.
- Public comment opens on gold mining project near Yellowstone Updated: Feb-08-16 11:42 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - State officials are seeking public comment on a proposed gold mining project just north of the Yellowstone National Park border.
- Woman killed in crash after swerving to miss dog in road Updated: Feb-08-16 11:34 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Authorities say a woman was killed in a crash after she swerved to miss a dog in the road southeast of Great Falls.
- Prosecutors charge man shot by Kalispell police Updated: Feb-08-16 10:31 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A man who was shot by Kalispell police has been charged with felony assault on a peace officer.
- After 15 years, cleanup plan approved for contaminated town Updated: Feb-08-16 8:28 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency granted final approval Monday to a costly cleanup program for a Montana community where health officials say hundreds of people have been killed by asbestos poisoning.
- Utility reduces steep rate increase for Montana customers Updated: Feb-08-16 8:04 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A utility serving 26,000 eastern Montana customers scaled back its proposal for a steep rate hike on Monday, just a day before the matter was scheduled to go before state regulators for a public hearing.
- Enrollment rises for Montana health insurance exchange Updated: Feb-08-16 6:19 pm
HELENA, Montana - More Montanans are getting medical coverage through the federal health insurance marketplace.
- Chinook man dies in two-vehicle crash on Hi-Line Updated: Feb-08-16 4:36 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - An 18-year-old Chinook High School student was killed when his car collided with a semitrailer on U.S. Highway 2 east of Chinook near Zurich.
- Slalom champion Shiffrin returns to racing next week Updated: Feb-08-16 4:17 pm
Two months ago, Mikaela Shiffrin was just hoping to be back on skis before the snow melted.
- Champ Edmunds exits auditor's race Updated: Feb-08-16 3:29 pm
HELENA, Montana - Former state Rep. Champ Edmunds of Missoula has announced he is ending his campaign for state auditor and is endorsing fellow Republican Matt Rosendale from Glendive.
- Man dies in two-vehicle crash near Bridger Updated: Feb-08-16 1:54 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A 60-year-old Bridger man was killed in a two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 312 near Bridger that began when another pickup struck a deer.