- Court rejects appeal for full hearing on contribution limits Updated: Sep-01-15 5:17 pm
HELENA, Montana - A federal court has rejected Montana's request to rehear its defense of state campaign contribution limits.
- Judge asked to lift hold on drilling lease near Glacier park Updated: Sep-01-15 4:18 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - An attorney for a Louisiana oil company has asked a judge to reject the government's proposed timeline for lifting its hold on an energy lease on land in Montana that's sacred among American Indians.
- Man facing charge in fire that burned 3 homes Updated: Sep-01-15 1:55 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A man suspected of dropping a cigarette and causing a fire that burned at least three homes in August is facing a charge in Flathead County.
- Woman pleads no contest to child sex abuse charge Updated: Sep-01-15 1:13 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A woman who is facing a child sex abuse charge after having nude photos of her son's alleged rape victim on her cellphone has pleaded no contest to the charge.
- Court revives dispute over energy leasing's climate impacts Updated: Sep-01-15 12:22 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A federal appeals court ruling has revived a bid by environmentalists to block drilling for oil and gas on public lands in Montana until the government looks more closely at climate change impacts.
- Helena school attendance lags behind state average Updated: Sep-01-15 5:35 am
HELENA, Montana - Student attendance in Helena Public Schools is below the state average and below the level that education officials say they consider to be a red flag.
- State's appeal of gay marriage ruling dismissed Updated: Sep-01-15 5:07 am
HELENA, Montana - A federal appeals court has formally dismissed Montana's gay marriage case now that the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that same-sex couples have the right to wed.
- Man pleads not guilty to cutting trees from Montana refuge Updated: Aug-31-15 11:52 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A man accused of illegally cutting down 52 Douglas fir trees from the Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge in southwest Montana has pleaded not guilty to theft of government property.
- Labor report: Worker shortage begins as baby boomers retire Updated: Aug-31-15 8:16 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's low unemployment rate is driving up wages but a serious worker shortage is appearing on the horizon as baby boomers begin to retire, state officials said Monday.
- Appeals court upholds Jesus statue on Montana mountain Updated: Aug-31-15 7:01 pm
HELENA, Montana - A 6-foot tall statue of Jesus that has spent the last 60 years overlooking a northwestern Montana ski hill may stay there, a federal appeals court ruled Monday.
- Butte man pleads guilty to role in infant's death Updated: Aug-31-15 6:25 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Butte man has pleaded guilty to his role in the death of his 3-month-old daughter in 2012.
- Deputy attorney general withdraws from closed primary case Updated: Aug-31-15 4:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - A deputy attorney general will no longer be defending the state in a Republican challenge to the state's open primary elections after the party accused him of misconduct.
- Proposed grizzly bear protection settlement heads to judge Updated: Aug-31-15 4:19 pm
HELENA, Montana - The state Land Board on Monday approved a proposed lawsuit settlement between Montana and three conservation groups that would protect grizzly bears while still allowing logging in two state forests west of Glacier National Park.
- 3 Montana State players suspended for season-opener Updated: Aug-31-15 2:05 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Three Montana State football players have been suspended for the team's season-opener on Thursday for a violation of team rules.
- Evacuation order lifted for Essex, highway reopens Updated: Aug-31-15 10:19 am
HELENA, Montana - The Flathead County sheriff's office has lifted the mandatory evacuation order for residents of Essex, on the southern edge of Glacier National Park.
- Miles City man charged with defrauding investors Updated: Aug-31-15 9:14 am
MILES CITY, Montana - A Miles City man faces six felony charges alleging he got people to invest $2 million in his "house flipping" business, but used most of the money for his personal expenses.
- Montana issues apology to NDSU for post-game incident Updated: Aug-31-15 6:39 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The University of Montana's athletic department has issued an apology to North Dakota State University football players, coaches and staff after a postgame incident Saturday involving a fan who confronted a Bison player on the field.
- Lame Deer woman identified as hit, run victim Updated: Aug-30-15 4:41 pm
LAME DEER, Montana - A 34-year-old woman has been identified as the pedestrian killed when a vehicle failed to stop at a stop sign in Lame Deer.
- Man who oversees $16.5B in investments for Montana retiring Updated: Aug-30-15 4:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - About 125 people have applied to replace the outgoing chief investment officer for the Montana Board of Investments.
- Demand for nurses in Montana remains high Updated: Aug-30-15 2:04 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Rising patient numbers combined with a booming need for more care has created growing demand for more nurses in Montana.
- Montana stuns North Dakota State 38-35 on late TD Updated: Aug-29-15 10:04 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Bob Stitt is off and running at the University of Montana - at four-time defending national champion North Dakota State's expense.
- Montana man gets 8 years in prison for drunken driving crash Updated: Aug-29-15 5:43 pm
KOKOMO, Indiana - A Montana man who was intoxicated when he caused a crash that seriously injured a couple and their two children has been sentenced to an 8-year prison term.
- Montana AG will not investigate Utah lawmaker Updated: Aug-29-15 4:01 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Attorney General's Office will not investigate fraud claims against a Utah lawmaker leading a push for western states to take control of federal public lands.
- Wilks brothers plan to open road on ranch Updated: Aug-29-15 3:28 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Access to 50,000 acres of federal land in the Upper Missouri River Breaks in north-central Montana will be reopened to the public soon.
- Darby man sentenced in bear poaching case Updated: Aug-29-15 2:11 pm
HAMILTON, Montana - A 63-year-old Darby man will no longer be able to hunt, fish and trap in Montana after being sentenced in a bear poaching case.