- Flag dispute sparks divisions, mistrust in Syria opposition Updated: May-12-15 5:44 pm
BEIRUT - The divisions and mistrust that have long plagued Syria's rebellion against President Bashar Assad erupted once more on Tuesday - this time over the flag.
- Vandals attack selfie-taking Ottoman prince statue Updated: May-12-15 11:38 am
ISTANBUL - A statue erected in a Turkish city of an Ottoman prince taking a selfie with a cellphone has been vandalized amid strong criticism of the artwork.
- Syria's main opposition group not attending Geneva talks Updated: May-11-15 9:44 am
ISTANBUL - The main Syrian opposition group in exile said on Monday that it is not attending low-level consultations taking place in Geneva and hosted by the U.N. envoy to the war-torn country.
- Turkish election board rejects complaint against Erdogan Updated: May-06-15 5:25 am
ISTANBUL - Turkey's electoral board has rejected a complaint by the main pro-Kurdish party accusing President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of violating rules that require him to be impartial.
- Federer wins Istanbul Open in straight sets Updated: May-03-15 1:59 pm
ISTANBUL - Top-seeded Roger Federer claimed his 85th title Sunday with a 6-3, 7-6 (11) win over Pablo Cuevas in the final of the Istanbul Open.
- Turkish May Day protesters clash with police in Istanbul Updated: May-01-15 8:34 am
ISTANBUL - Police and May Day demonstrators have clashed in Istanbul as crowds determined to defy a government ban tried to march to the city's iconic Taksim Square.
- Armenia marks centennial of killing of 1.5 million Updated: Apr-24-15 4:44 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - The presidents of Russia and France joined other leaders Friday at ceremonies commemorating the massacre of Armenians a century ago by Ottoman Turks, an event which still stirs bitter feelings as both sides argue over whether to call it genocide.
- Wisconsin man pleads not guilty to trying to join terrorists Updated: Apr-24-15 12:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin man pleaded not guilty Friday to a federal charge that he tried to join the Islamic State terror group.