- Hundreds protest jailing of 2 journalists in Turkey Updated: Nov-27-15 10:53 am
ISTANBUL - Hundreds of protesters gathered outside the Istanbul office of an opposition newspaper Friday, accusing the government of silencing critics and attempting to cover-up a scandal after two journalists were jailed on terror and espionage charges for their reports on alleged Turkish arms smuggling to Syria.
- France IDs top Paris attacks figure, seeks unity to bomb IS Updated: Nov-16-15 10:29 pm
PARIS - France identified a 27-year-old Belgian who once boasted about killing "infidels" and fought for the Islamic State group in Syria as the mastermind of the Paris attacks, and President Francois Hollande vowed Monday to forge a united coalition capable of defeating the jihadists at home and abroad.
- Suspects arrested in Turkey linked to Paris attackers Updated: Nov-16-15 10:41 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Suspected Islamic State militants who were detained in raids in Istanbul last week were in contact with the militants in Paris who conducted deadly attacks across the city, a senior Turkish security official said Monday.
- Turkey: Soldiers kill 4 suspected militants day before G-20 Updated: Nov-15-15 12:36 am
ISTANBUL - Turkish soldiers killed four suspected Islamic State militants Saturday and authorities detained 11 demonstrators a day before leaders of the G-20 group of economic powerhouses meet for a summit overshadowed by the slaughter in Paris.
- Analysis: Erdogan buoyed by election, faces challenges Updated: Nov-02-15 2:45 pm
ISTANBUL - The surprising margin of victory for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's party in parliamentary elections marks a remarkable turnaround and puts him firmly in control of Turkish politics.
- The Latest: Turkey's nationalist party head stays after vote Updated: Nov-01-15 4:56 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest as tens of millions of Turkish voters cast ballots in a contest that will determine whether the ruling party can restore the parliamentary majority it had enjoyed for over a decade. All times are local.