- Teen hit by Turkish police dies after 9-month coma Updated: Mar-11-14 4:31 pm
- US naval destroyer heading to Black Sea Updated: Mar-07-14 10:20 am
- Orthodox seminary in Turkey awaiting reopening Updated: Mar-05-14 11:35 am
- Chelsea held by Galatasaray in Champions League Updated: Feb-26-14 5:42 pm
- Mourinho hits out at media over private comments Updated: Feb-25-14 10:59 am
- Turkish protesters denounce Internet restrictions Updated: Feb-22-14 1:38 pm
- 4 injured in Istanbul gas explosion Updated: Feb-17-14 10:34 am
- Report: Turkish court arrests hijacker Updated: Feb-09-14 3:28 pm
- Fans shun Sochi over bombs, bureaucracy, big bucks Updated: Feb-09-14 10:16 am
ISTANBUL - Turkish police clashed with thousands of protesters Tuesday following the death of a Turkish teenager, who had been in a coma since being hit by a police tear-gas canister during anti-government protests last year.
ISTANBUL - A U.S. Navy destroyer is passing through Istanbul's Bosporus straits on its way to the Black Sea for exercises near the fraught Crimean peninsula.
ISTANBUL - Although shut down for more than four decades, one of the Orthodox Church's most pre-eminent seminaries is kept in pristine condition in the hope that it may reopen one day to educate future patriarchs and clergy.
ISTANBUL - Fernando Torres scored a valuable away goal for Chelsea in a 1-1 draw at Galatasaray in the Champions League on Wednesday, but the Premier League side left Istanbul frustrated at its failure to build on its superior start.
ISTANBUL - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has blasted the media for publicizing his disparaging comments about his forwards, comments he regarded as private and light-hearted.
ISTANBUL - Police in Istanbul have clashed with hundreds of protesters denouncing a new law that increases government controls over the Internet.
ISTANBUL - An official says a powerful gas explosion at a small art gallery in central Istanbul has injured at least four people.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run agency says a court in Istanbul has formally arrested a Ukrainian man who allegedly tried to hijack a Turkey-bound flight to Sochi, Russia, as the Winter Olympics were beginning.
SOCHI, Russia - When Sven Kramer wins Olympic gold, he likes to celebrate by communing with the Dutch fans who worship him. Four years ago at the Vancouver Games, 3,000 packed a cavernous hall and went wild when Kramer appeared.