- Turkey detain leftist militants suspected of planning attack Updated: Feb-02-16 11:21 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish police say they have detained two members of a banned far-left group who were allegedly planning to carry out attacks in the country.
- Turkey's historic Grand Bazaar set for restoration Updated: Feb-01-16 1:58 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkish authorities say Istanbul's historic Grand Bazaar, one of the world's oldest and largest covered markets, will undergo restoration work.
- Turkish prosecutor seeks life term for 2 jailed journalists Updated: Jan-27-16 9:18 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish prosecutors are seeking life prison terms for two prominent journalists who have been jailed on terror and espionage charges for their reports on alleged government arms smuggling to Syrian rebels, their newspaper said Wednesday amid growing concern for media freedom in Turkey.
- Turkish Airlines plane from USA diverted due to threat Updated: Jan-24-16 10:00 am
LONDON - A Turkish Airlines jet flying from Houston to Istanbul has landed safely in Ireland after a security scare.
- Biden: More support needed to repel IS from Turkish border Updated: Jan-23-16 1:07 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkey and the United States agree on the need to ramp up support for Sunni Arab forces in Syria to cut off the Islamic State group's access to the Turkish border and to prevent future terror attacks, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said Saturday.
- Biden calls on Turkey to protect freedom of expression Updated: Jan-22-16 11:47 am
ISTANBUL - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden on Friday called on Turkey to protect freedom of expression at a time when social media websites are routinely shut down and hundreds of academics are facing legal proceedings over remarks criticizing security operations against Kurdish militants in the southeast.
- Mustafa Koc, head of Turkey's top industrial group, dies Updated: Jan-21-16 12:13 pm
ISTANBUL - Mustafa Koc, chairman of Turkey's top industrial conglomerate, Koc Holding, died from a heart attack on Thursday, a hospital said. He was 55.
- Report: Turkey arrests 2 more over deadly Istanbul attack Updated: Jan-20-16 10:05 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish authorities have arrested two more people with suspected links to the suicide bomber who killed 10 Germans in Istanbul last week, raising the number of arrests to 12, the state-run news agency reported Wednesday.
- Heavy snow in Turkey's Istanbul grounds hundreds of flights Updated: Jan-18-16 8:58 am
ISTANBUL - Heavy snowfall has swept northwestern Turkey, grounding hundreds of flights, disrupting ground transport and closing schools in Istanbul.
- Rocket strikes Turkish school near Syria, 1 dead Updated: Jan-18-16 6:50 am
ISTANBUL - Projectiles fired from Syria struck near a school Monday in the southern Turkish city of Kilis, killing one person, according to local authorities.
- Crystal Cruises cancels stops in Turkey over security issues Updated: Jan-15-16 6:12 pm
Crystal Cruises announced Friday that it was cancelling stops in Turkey for two upcoming voyages.
- IOC asks for transcripts suggesting 2020 Olympic bid bribery Updated: Jan-15-16 9:52 am
LONDON - The IOC is ready to examine allegations of possible bribery in the bidding for the 2020 Olympics.
- Taylor University cancels Turkey trip after suicide bombing Updated: Jan-15-16 4:11 am
UPLAND, Indiana - Taylor University has cancelled a student trip to Turkey in the wake of a suicide bombing in Istanbul that killed 10 tourists.
- PM says Turkish artillery hit IS positions in Iraq, Syria Updated: Jan-14-16 4:50 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish tanks and artillery attacked the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria in retaliation for the suicide bombing in Istanbul that killed 10 tourists, Turkey's prime minister said Thursday - the country's first significant strike against the Islamic extremists in months.
- Turkish academics probed for criticizing military operations Updated: Jan-14-16 1:16 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run Anadolu Agency says prosecutors have launched an investigation into more than 1,000 academics for insulting the state and engaging in "terrorist propaganda" by signing a declaration denouncing military operations against Kurdish rebels in southeast Turkey.
- Istanbul suicide bomber registered as refugee before attack Updated: Jan-13-16 5:01 pm
ISTANBUL - The suicide attacker who detonated a bomb that killed 10 German tourists in the heart of Istanbul's historic district had registered as a refugee just a week earlier, Turkish officials said Wednesday, raising questions over whether extremists are posing as asylum-seekers to inflame anti-immigrant sentiment in Europe.
- The Latest: Turkey detains 4 more in Istanbul blast probe Updated: Jan-13-16 12:13 pm
ISTANBUL - The latest on the investigation into the explosion in the historic center of Istanbul. All times local.
- Report: Turkey detains 3 Russians in raid aimed at ISIS Updated: Jan-13-16 3:05 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run news agency says police in the Mediterranean city of Antalya have detained three Russian nationals in a raid on suspected Islamic State militants.
- 10 dead, 15 wounded in Istanbul tourist district explosion Updated: Jan-12-16 10:52 am
ISTANBUL - A suicide bomber affiliated with the Islamic State group detonated a bomb in a historic district of Istanbul popular with tourists Tuesday morning, killing at least 10 people - nine of them German tourists - and wounding 15 others, Turkish officials said.
- Rescued dogs from Turkey make their way to Florida Updated: Jan-12-16 6:09 am
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Golden retrievers from Istanbul, Turkey, are among a recent group of rescued animals that have made their way to Florida.