- Carter 'very, very angry' at Iranian video of US sailors Updated: Jan-28-16 4:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of Defense Ash Carter says Iran's videotaping of American sailors surrendering aboard their boats in the Persian Gulf earlier this month made him deeply angry.
- Iran says it warned US warship to leave drill area Updated: Jan-27-16 9:59 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's navy warned a U.S. warship to leave an area where Iran has been conducting a naval drill near the narrow Strait of Hormuz at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, the semi-official Fars news agency reported Wednesday. The U.S. Navy denied that its operations in the region were affected.
- US military releases 1st account of sailors' Iran detention Updated: Jan-18-16 1:00 pm
WASHINGTON - In its first official account of Iran's seizure and subsequent release of 10 U.S. sailors in the Persian Gulf, the U.S. military said Monday the only items found missing from their two recovered boats were SIM cards for two satellite phones.
- N. Carolina Persian Gulf War exhibit to be created Updated: Jan-15-16 2:32 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina is going to use $100,000 donated by the Kuwaiti government two decades ago to create a traveling exhibit honoring the state's Persian Gulf War veterans and those who died in the conflict, Gov. Pat McCrory announced Friday.
- Egypt renews combat deployment in Red Sea, Gulf for a year Updated: Jan-14-16 1:08 pm
CAIRO - Egypt on Thursday renewed for another year its "combat" military deployment in the Red Sea and Persian Gulf regions, according to an official statement.
- The Latest: Iran state TV broadcasts US sailors 'apology' Updated: Jan-13-16 4:05 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - The latest developments following the release of 10 U.S. Navy sailors detained by Iran after entering its territorial waters (All times local).
- EXCHANGE: Illinois man owns business and is in Navy reserves Updated: Jan-12-16 6:39 am
SPRING VALLEY, Illinois - Mark Mautino always aspired to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces and was just days out of high school when he enlisted in the U.S. Navy. It was a natural fit and he was honored to serve.