- Etihad Airways to launch Dallas flights next year Updated: Dec-12-13 5:56 pm
- Hagel tours low-profile US base in Qatar Updated: Dec-10-13 1:10 pm
- Iran says opposes foreign presence in Afghanistan Updated: Dec-08-13 11:44 am
- UK foreign secretary seeks to reassure Gulf allies Updated: Dec-06-13 3:21 pm
- Cyr: Iran accord underscores Turkey's importance Updated: Dec-06-13 11:20 am
- Iran nuclear deal fuels anger, jitters in Mideast Updated: Nov-24-13 5:39 pm
- Israel, Gulf in 'strange alliance' against Iran Updated: Nov-20-13 1:32 pm
- Ohio veterans running out of time for bonuses Updated: Nov-16-13 10:02 am
DALLAS - Etihad Airways said Thursday that beginning in a year it will offer three round-trip flights per week between the United Arab Emirates and Dallas, making it the fifth U.S. city served by the Persian Gulf carrier.
AL UDEID AIR BASE, Qatar - The U.S. air operations center in Qatar has long been a hub where combat sorties into Iraq and Afghanistan were tracked and international forces kept watch over hotspots in the Persian Gulf and western Mediterranean Sea. But for years it's kept a low profile in a region sometimes reluctant to advertise its significant U.S. military presence.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said Sunday his country opposes the presence of foreign forces in Afghanistan and the region, saying their presence generates tension, the official IRNA news agency reported.
MANAMA, Bahrain - Britain's top diplomat voiced his country's strong commitment to the security of the Gulf states on Friday, seeking to reassure wary Arab allies in the wake of last month's nuclear deal with their regional rival Iran.
12-06-13 - The international agreement to restrain Iran's nuclear program has generated anxiety in Israel and elsewhere. Middle East uncertainty underscores the growing importance of Turkey, a democracy with strong ties to both Iran and the West.
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister harshly condemned the international community's nuclear deal with Iran on Sunday while Saudi Arabia remained conspicuously quiet, reflecting the jitters felt throughout the Middle East over Iran's acceptance on the global stage.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - When U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry made another stop in the Middle East this month, he received an expected earful over Washington's outreach to Iran: Don't trust Tehran, tighten sanctions even more, anything short of complete nuclear concessions is a grave mistake.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Eligible military veterans who served during the Persian Gulf War era only have a few more weeks to claim Ohio bonuses of up to $1,500.