- AP Exclusive: US Navy accuses Gulf commander of misconduct Updated: Apr-21-16 4:07 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A U.S. Navy officer relieved of commanding a Persian Gulf patrol ship allegedly failed to maintain equipment to the point of exposing "his crew to unnecessary risk," interfered with an inquiry into his actions and once slept drunk on a bench at a Dubai port, according to a naval investigation.
- In Saudi visit, Obama works to calm Gulf tensions with US Updated: Apr-21-16 3:09 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - President Barack Obama strained to ease tensions with Persian Gulf allies Thursday, pledging U.S. help in confronting Iran and other security threats. Yet he failed to win the commitments he sought to boost economic aid to Iraq.
- Obama pushes Saudis, Gulf allies to step up Iraq aid Updated: Apr-20-16 3:31 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - With fresh friction wearing on an old alliance, President Barack Obama pressed Saudi Arabia and Persian Gulf nations on Wednesday to step up efforts to defeat the Islamic State group and help rebuild war-torn Iraq.
- Obama to strategize with leaders in Saudi Arabia, Europe Updated: Apr-14-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will strategize with his Middle Eastern and European counterparts on a broad range of issues during a weeklong trip to Saudi Arabia, England and Germany with efforts to rein in the Islamic State group being the common denominator in all three stops.
- Carter: Iraq politics won't stall beefed up military fight Updated: Apr-11-16 12:35 pm
MORMUGAO PORT TRUST, India - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Monday that struggles within the Iraq government won't stall the U.S. military campaign to beef up the fight against Islamic State militants in the country.
- In Bahrain, Kerry treads carefully on human rights Updated: Apr-07-16 11:12 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry dealt delicately on Thursday with concerns about persistent human rights abuses in Bahrain, stressing America's close military ties to one of several Persian Gulf countries with which it wants to enhance cooperation on fighting the Islamic State and containing Iran.