- Man pleads not guilty in May shooting death in Fitchburg Updated: Jul-07-15 3:51 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Leominster man has pleaded not guilty to murder and related charges in what authorities believe was a drug-related killing in Fitchburg.
- Motorcyclist, passenger killed in crash Updated: Jul-06-15 5:43 am
SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts - Police are investigating a weekend motorcycle accident in Shrewsbury that left two people dead.
- Gardner fire chief hospitalized from injuries at fire scene Updated: Jul-04-15 1:02 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Gardner's fire chief remains hospitalized in Worcester from injuries sustained fighting a house fire.
- State extending summer hours at 16 pools, parks Updated: Jul-04-15 11:14 am
BOSTON - The state is extending summer hours at some swimming pools and athletic facilities around the state.
- Police arrest woman in connection to cemetery shooting Updated: Jul-02-15 4:55 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Police say a Massachusetts woman has been arrested in connection with the death of a man who was shot while visiting the grave of a close friend.
- Teacher charged with trying to buy child pornography online Updated: Jun-30-15 8:09 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Southbridge middle math school teacher has been arrested on charges that he tried to buy child pornography from the Philippines online.
- Judge declares mistrial after defendant hits lawyer Updated: Jun-30-15 7:47 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A judge has declared a mistrial for a Massachusetts murder suspect who punched his lawyer in the face in open court.
- Advocates award $10k in grants to domestic violence groups Updated: Jun-28-15 3:50 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Jane Doe Inc. will present economic empowerment grants totaling $10,000 to 11 sexual and domestic violence agencies.
- Man fatally shot while visiting friend's grave identified Updated: Jun-27-15 1:19 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Police have identified a Massachusetts man who was killed in a drive-by shooting while visiting the grave of a close friend who was fatally shot in 2011.
- Worcester man gets up to 20 years in prison for 2010 killing Updated: Jun-26-15 4:17 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Worcester man has been sentenced to 15 to 20 years in prison for fatally shooting his best friend in 2010.
- Auburn man gets 3 years for fatal bread truck crash Updated: Jun-26-15 6:37 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man who was drunk when he rear-ended a bread delivery truck in 2012 on Interstate 290, resulting in the death of the driver, has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- 6-year-old Worcester girl injured in crash dies Updated: Jun-25-15 6:46 am
STURBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Police say a 6-year-old Worcester girl injured in a car crash in Sturbridge earlier this month has died.
- Worcester police: officer shoots, injures car theft suspect Updated: Jun-24-15 8:38 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Worcester police say an officer has shot and wounded a man who tried to ram officers with a stolen car.
- 4, including mother and 2 sons, deny roles in man's slaying Updated: Jun-22-15 4:45 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Four people, including a Worcester woman and her two sons, have pleaded not guilty in connection with a 2013 slaying.
- Worcester County prepares for wood-boring beetle infestation Updated: Jun-22-15 12:16 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Thousands of traps are being hung on trees across Worcester County this month in an attempt to provide an early warning system for an unwelcome pest.
- Worcester man gets year in prison for uniform fraud scam Updated: Jun-19-15 2:26 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man has been sentenced to one year in prison for creating a fictitious uniform manufacturing company that did business in Afghanistan and defrauded the U.S. government out of more than $150,000.
- Barre man identified as victim of East Brookfield crash Updated: Jun-18-15 6:25 am
EAST BROOKFIELD, Massachusetts - State police have released the name of a man who died in a head-on crash this week in East Brookfield.
- Fitchburg man pleads guilty to stabbing death of girlfriend Updated: Jun-17-15 11:58 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Fitchburg man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the 2010 stabbing death of his girlfriend.
- Northbridge bridge named after fallen Marine Updated: Jun-15-15 8:06 am
NORTHBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A bridge in Northbridge has been named in honor of a U.S. Marine from town who was killed in the 1983 bombing of the Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Bear killed after being hit by van in Massachusetts Updated: Jun-15-15 5:50 am
WARE, Massachusetts - A female bear struck by a van last week in Ware had to be put down, but experts say the cub with the bear can survive on its own.
- Alum and wife give Holy Cross $32.5M gift Updated: Jun-09-15 11:31 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A 1974 graduate of the College of the Holy Cross and his wife have given the school its largest single donation in school history, a $32.5 million gift that will be used to enhance the student recreational experience on the Worcester campus.
- Ex-Worcester officer gets up to 7 years on rape conviction Updated: Jun-09-15 9:37 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A former Worcester police officer convicted of raping a woman while on duty has been sentenced to up to seven years in prison.
- Rhode Island woman pleads guilty in Massachusetts slaying Updated: Jun-09-15 9:22 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Rhode Island woman has been sentenced to up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to her role in the killing of a 19-year-old autistic and diabetic man from Massachusetts.