- 5 Tenn. health centers getting $4 million in federal funds Updated: May-05-16 8:17 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Federal officials say five health centers in Tennessee are receiving more than $4.2 million to help them serve more patients.
- State and Nashville nursing home team up for job fair Updated: May-05-16 4:20 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation and the Middle Tennessee Career Coach will be hosting a job fair for those interested in both skilled and unskilled work at the nursing home.
- Cyndi Lauper adds country record to her multifaceted career Updated: May-04-16 10:56 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Pop singer, songwriter and Broadway musical composer Cyndi Lauper added a little country twang to her signature Queens accent.
- Predators beat Sharks 4-1, pull within 2-1 in series Updated: May-04-16 1:02 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators finally figured out how to shut down the NHL's best road team and a pretty potent power play. As a result, they have given themselves a chance to tie their second-round series.
- Lawsuit: Salon shampoo license requirement doesn't wash Updated: May-03-16 11:21 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - When in the course of human events someone wants to give a shampoo at a salon, a conservative think tank says they shouldn't have to get a license.
- Nashville detective charged with DUI, decommissioned Updated: May-03-16 7:03 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Nashville youth services police detective has been arrested on charges including DUI and decommissioned from the department.
- Contour Airlines starts strong in Tupelo, aided by low fares Updated: May-02-16 4:25 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Bolstered by cut-rate tickets, Tupelo's new airline has been flying lots of passengers.
- Titans pick receiver, cornerback, guard on draft's final day Updated: Apr-30-16 8:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - New Tennessee general manager Jon Robinson has shown he's a bit of a gambler, making four trades - three during the NFL draft - to revamp the Titans' roster.
- Teacher Scott Wietecha wins 4th straight Nashville marathon Updated: Apr-30-16 4:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Scott Wietecha won his fourth straight St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville Marathon on Saturday with a time of 2 hours, 25 minutes, 42 seconds.
- FBI raises reward in Nashville cold case to $50,000 Updated: Apr-30-16 3:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The FBI has doubled the reward for information leading an arrest in the disappearance of a Nashville girl 13 years ago.
- Episcopal priest who helped church through split to leave Updated: Apr-30-16 2:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Rev. Jerry Smith, who helped St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church heal after a congregational split about a dozen years ago, is leaving the parish for a new post in Florida.
- Beyonce concert in Nashville for Thursday is rescheduled Updated: Apr-29-16 6:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Beyonce's concert in Nashville, which had been scheduled for Thursday, is being rescheduled.
- Pop classic 'Baby Baby' gets Tori Kelly reboot Updated: Apr-29-16 4:48 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A pop classic from the early '90s, Amy Grant's hit "Baby Baby," is getting a reboot 25 years later thanks to Grammy-nominated singer Tori Kelly.
- Boy, 16, accused in downtown Nashville bus station shooting Updated: Apr-29-16 2:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities have arrested a 16-year-old boy wanted in connection with the shootings of four people at a downtown Nashville bus terminal that left one person critically wounded and sent dozens of commuters scrambling for cover.
- Lawmaker accused of harassment is all alone with his M&Ms Updated: Apr-29-16 9:32 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Amid the frenzied negotiations, flaring tempers and occasional frivolity marking the end of another Tennessee legislative session, one lawmaker stayed conspicuously alone and quiet.
- Highway worker killed west of Nashville on I-40 Updated: Apr-28-16 5:07 pm
CENTERVILLE, Tennessee - A Tennessee Department of Transportation worker has been killed in Middle Tennessee on Interstate 40 West.
- Correction: Harry's Fresh Foods story Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - In a story April 26 about an Oregon food company, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Harry's Fresh Foods was building a new facility in Nashville. The maker of refrigerated and frozen foods is spending $34 million to upgrade an existing building in the city.
- Punk mainstays NOFX add best-selling book to achievements Updated: Apr-27-16 5:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Punk rock mainstays NOFX have been defying music industry trends for three decades. Now the band's members can add a new achievement to their unlikely success story: Best-selling authors.
- DA's office: Memphis jurors will decide Vanderbilt rape case Updated: Apr-27-16 5:41 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Davidson County district attorney's office says jurors from Memphis will be selected for the retrial of a former Vanderbilt football player who will be retried for rape next month.
- Speaker Harwell's health care task force holds first meeting Updated: Apr-26-16 5:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Members of a health care task force assigned with proposing alternatives to Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's Insure Tennessee plan on Tuesday stressed their desire to include "circuit breakers" to prevent out-of-control costs.
- Security at Nashville bus terminal increased after 4 shot Updated: Apr-26-16 5:55 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville police are increasing security at a downtown bus terminal in the aftermath of shootings that wounded four teenage boys, as the school system and city officials try to reassure residents the station is safe for children.
- Kid Rock mourns assistant who died in ATV accident Updated: Apr-26-16 10:24 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Kid Rock said in a statement he's devastated about the death of his personal assistant who was killed in an ATV accident at the singer's home in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Predators force franchise's 1st Game 7, beat Ducks 3-1 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - By treating their elimination game like a Game 7, the Nashville Predators finally have pushed a playoff series to a seventh game.
- Sportscaster Erin Andrews settles court case, ends appeals Updated: Apr-25-16 6:54 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Sportscaster and TV host Erin Andrews on Monday settled with two hotel companies that were found partially to blame for a stalker posting secretly-recorded nude video of her on the Internet.
- Public to be heard on indigent legal representation Updated: Apr-25-16 12:31 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A task force studying how lawyers are compensated for work with defendants who are unable to afford legal counsel will be holding sessions in West Tennessee this week to hear from the public.