- 2 killed in interstate crash in Tennessee Updated: May-24-15 5:32 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities say two people were killed and another critically injured in a vehicle crash on Interstate 40 in the Nashville metro area.
- State Supreme Court to hear Vanderbilt rape records lawsuit Updated: May-24-15 12:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The state Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on Thursday over a lawsuit calling for the city of Nashville to force the release of records in a case involving former Vanderbilt football players charged with rape.
- Nashville man arrested in smothering death of infant son Updated: May-22-15 5:16 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Nashville man has been charged with first-degree murder after police said he suffocated his 7-month-old son.
- Democrats seek return to relevance in Tennessee politics Updated: May-21-15 5:51 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - For a party once accustomed to dominating state politics, the outlook for Tennessee Democrats is bleak.
- Archaeological dig uncovers base of Civil War cotton gin Updated: May-21-15 11:28 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - An engineering crew in Franklin has uncovered the base of a Civil War cotton gin archaeologists have been searching for since 2009.
- Second defendant in Vanderbilt rape case ask for mistrial Updated: May-20-15 3:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Defense attorneys for a second former Vanderbilt football player who was convicted in the dorm room rape of a student are asking a judge to declare a mistrial in the case.
- AT&T launches super-fast Internet in Nashville area Updated: May-20-15 11:52 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - AT&T has launched its super-fast Internet service in the Middle Tennessee area.
- Terminally ill attorney files lawsuit over euthanasia Updated: May-20-15 11:43 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - John Jay Hooker has worked for Robert F. Kennedy, run for Tennessee governor and now, while facing terminal cancer, hopes to reverse Tennessee's approach to assisted suicides.
- Records show $8M spent on lawmaker health premiums since '92 Updated: May-20-15 9:25 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Newly released records show that Tennessee taxpayers have paid more than $8 million since 1992 for health insurance premiums for sitting lawmakers.
- Radio show fined $1 million for fake emergency broadcast Updated: May-20-15 6:40 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A top Nashville radio station was fined $1 million by the FCC after broadcasting a fake emergency alert.
- Panel meeting to review student testing, assessment in Tenn. Updated: May-20-15 3:34 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A task force formed to review student testing and assessment in Tennessee is meeting in Nashville on Wednesday.
- Titans investigating 'irregularities' in ticket sales Updated: May-19-15 5:30 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have hired outside investigators to review "irregularities" in ticket sales discovered during a team audit.
- Tennessee Office of Vital Records moving on Tuesday Updated: May-19-15 3:36 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee agency that provides copies of birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates is moving its Nashville offices on Tuesday.
- NPR correspondent speaking at Hermitage event this week Updated: May-19-15 3:36 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The 115th annual Spring Outing is this week at The Hermitage mansion in Nashville, and National Public Radio correspondent Mara Liasson (MAHR'-ah LY'-ah-son) is speaking at the event.
- Man rescued after getting stuck in storm drain for 4 days Updated: May-18-15 9:09 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A man has been rescued after getting stuck for four days in a Nashville storm drain.
- Victims identified in wrong-way crash on I-40 Updated: May-17-15 1:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A car traveling the wrong way on Interstate 40 near Nashville caused a crash that killed two people.
- Nashville mayor plans huge park in southeast neighborhood Updated: May-16-15 4:29 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville Mayor Karl Dean has announced long-sought plans for a large park in a fast-growing part of the city.
- Birthday boy, 5, killed at Nashville party Updated: May-16-15 12:58 pm
NSAHVILLE, Tennessee - A five-year-old Nashville boy has died after being run over by a vehicle during his birthday party.
- Defense lawyers in Vanderbilt rape case ask for mistrial Updated: May-16-15 11:34 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Defense attorneys for a former Vanderbilt football player who was convicted in the dorm room rape of a student are asking a judge to declare a mistrial in the case.
- MLB Calendar Updated: May-16-15 10:01 am
May 20-21 - Owners' meeting, New York.
- Lightning a reminder southern hockey continues to thrive Updated: May-15-15 5:03 pm
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - About the time a new champion hoists the Stanley Cup, players from Canada, Latvia and Hungary will gather in Tennessee for four days to showcase their hockey talent for college coaches and junior league teams.
- Death row inmate sentenced in 1978 dies of natural causes Updated: May-15-15 11:56 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - An East Tennessee man who was sentenced to death in 1978 at the age of 19 has died of natural causes.
- Oral history project created for Nashville's Music Row Updated: May-15-15 11:49 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Less than a year after a philanthropist staved off plans to demolish a historic Nashville music studio, anyone who has been a part of the city's famous Music Row has been invited to take part in an upcoming oral history project.
- Panel approves plans to move Tennessee legislative offices Updated: May-14-15 4:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The State Building Commission has approved the first step to make an overhauled building next to the state Capitol the new home of the Tennessee General Assembly.
- Community Health Systems to open new office in Nashville Updated: May-14-15 3:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Franklin-based Community Health Systems is bringing back-office jobs from across the country to a new Nashville office.