- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt Updated: Apr-23-14 8:01 am
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt Updated: Apr-23-14 5:56 am
- Sydney FC fires head coach Frank Farina Updated: Apr-23-14 4:08 am
- Australia lifts F-35 order from 14 to 72 fighters Updated: Apr-23-14 1:04 am
- Guangzhou, Wanderers advance to 2nd round in ACL Updated: Apr-22-14 7:11 pm
- Pa. grads create skateboards out of ocean waste Updated: Apr-22-14 10:28 am
- Royals get Aboriginal gifts in Australian Outback Updated: Apr-22-14 9:31 am
- Courthouse violence unpredictable despite security Updated: Apr-22-14 6:26 am
- State seeks details on overseas Linc allegations Updated: Apr-21-14 7:10 pm
- Tourist dies in reported drowning in Guam Updated: Apr-21-14 11:41 am
- Why are Americans obsessed with missing plane? Updated: Apr-21-14 10:26 am
- Montana men sign post player from Australia Updated: Apr-19-14 3:21 pm
- American Samoa retailer to pay back wages Updated: Apr-19-14 12:04 pm
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea Updated: Apr-19-14 11:55 am
- Vettel hoping for resurgence at Chinese GP Updated: Apr-19-14 7:17 am
- Mariners beat Adelaide 1-0 in elimination final Updated: Apr-19-14 5:02 am
- Fed Cup: Germany leads Australia 2-0 in semifinal Updated: Apr-19-14 3:17 am
- Coach Farina expects quick decision on Del Piero Updated: Apr-18-14 9:42 pm
- Military scales down, modifies Guam buildup plan Updated: Apr-18-14 5:26 pm
- Young Australian forward dies after cancer fight Updated: Apr-18-14 5:11 pm
- Australia's Houston: Calm face of Flight 370 hunt Updated: Apr-18-14 5:11 am
- Australia women's coach de Reus leaves position Updated: Apr-17-14 12:50 am
- Ailing Malcolm Young taking break from AC/DC Updated: Apr-16-14 9:26 pm
- Australian state leader quits over $2,800 wine Updated: Apr-16-14 1:41 am
- New Zealand, Australian men killed in Yemen strike Updated: Apr-16-14 1:40 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Unidentified material that washed ashore in southwestern Australia and is being examined for any link to the lost Malaysian plane is unlikely to have come from the jet, an official said Wednesday.
PERTH, Australia - Authorities say unidentified material that washed ashore in southwestern Australia is being examined for any link to the lost Malaysian plane.
SYDNEY - Sydney FC has fired coach Frank Farina just a few days after it was eliminated in the playoffs and finished fifth in the A-League.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia announced Wednesday that it had increased its order for F-35 Joint Strike Fighters by 58 to 72 to be fully operational by 2023 in a declaration of confidence in the troubled stealth war plane.
SYDNEY - Guangzhou Evergrande ensured its Asian Champions League title defense progressed to the knockout stages while Al Ain topped Group C after a 1-1 draw against two-time winner Al Ittihad.
EASTON, Pennsylvania - Lehigh University graduate David Stover surfed on a regular basis while living in Australia.
SYDNEY - Britain's Prince William and his wife, Kate, received a traditional Aboriginal welcome to the Australian Outback on Tuesday.
SALT LAKE CITY - When Utah's new federal courthouse opened last week, it came with security improvements that are becoming standard around the country: separate entrances and elevators for judges, defendants and the public; bullet-resistant glass and paneling; and vehicle barricades to keep car bombs at bay.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - State officials say they have requested details of alleged environmental problems that a company proposing to experiment with underground coal gasification in Wyoming caused with a similar project in Australia.
HAGATNA, Guam - Authorities in Guam say a 63-year-old tourist has died after a reported drowning.
PERTH, Australia - From the disappearances of aviator Amelia Earhart to labor union leader Jimmy Hoffa, there's just something about a good mystery that Americans find too tantalizing to resist. Perhaps that's why the saga of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has continued to rivet the country long after people elsewhere have moved on.
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana men's basketball coach Wayne Tinkle has announced the signing of a 6-foot-8 post player from Australia.
HONOLULU - The U.S. Department of Labor says a department store in American Samoa has agreed to pay nearly $120,000 in back wages to more than 250 employees.
SYDNEY - A powerful earthquake struck off the South Pacific nation of Papua New Guinea on Saturday, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
SHANGHAI - Given how he finished last season, Sebastian Vettel's start to the 2014 F1 campaign has been humbling, to say the least.
GOSFORD, Australia - Nigerian-born forward Bernie Ibini's 67th-minute goal gave Central Coast Mariners a 1-0 win Saturday over Adelaide United and a place in the A-League semifinals.
BRISBANE, Australia - Andrea Petkovic and Angelique Kerber had straight-set wins on Saturday to give Germany a 2-0 lead over Australia in their Fed Cup semifinal and primed to reach its first final in 21 years.
SYDNEY - Sydney FC coach Frank Farina says he expects a fast decision will be made on whether former Juventus great Alessandro Del Piero remains in the A-League.
HAGATNA, Guam - The military's revised proposal for a buildup on Guam calls for less population growth and locating a Marine Corps live-fire training range on an Air Force base instead of the site of an ancient village.
LONDON - Emerging Australian forward Dylan Tombides, who broke into the West Ham first-team squad while receiving cancer treatment, has died. He was 20.
PERTH, Australia - He speaks with a calm, steady voice as he tackles question after question in an attempt to explain one of the biggest mysteries the modern world has ever known: What happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370?
SYDNEY - Hesterine de Reus has left her position as head coach of the Australian women's football team after 15 months, following reports of player complaints over her strict style.
NEW YORK - Malcolm Young is taking a break from AC/DC to focus on his health, the band said.
CANBERRA, Australia - The leader of Australia's most populous state quit as premier on Wednesday in the face of mounting evidence that he failed to declare a 3,000 Australian dollar ($2,800) bottle of wine that arrived as a gift on his Sydney doorstep.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Despite having little history of domestic terrorism, New Zealand and Australia were drawn into the global debate on drone strikes Wednesday after confirming that a citizen from each country was killed in Yemen last year.