- Brazilian player hospitalized after collapse Updated: Apr-17-14 11:59 am
- Federation cleared to start Brazilian league Updated: Apr-17-14 11:15 am
- Salsa great Cheo Feliciano dies in car crash at 78 Updated: Apr-17-14 11:13 am
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 10:55 am
- FBI probe dims outlook for 9/11 case at Guantanamo Updated: Apr-17-14 10:47 am
- Street theater in Mexico City's rough Tepito area Updated: Apr-17-14 9:11 am
- Progress in Venezuela talks, but protests continue Updated: Apr-16-14 10:43 pm
- Nicaragua arrests man in Wyoming woman's killing Updated: Apr-16-14 7:56 pm
- Dominican Republic installs beach despite drought Updated: Apr-16-14 6:34 pm
- Mexico probes death of pregnant woman at clinic Updated: Apr-16-14 6:34 pm
- Brazil unveils $11 billion in 'legacy' budget Updated: Apr-16-14 6:20 pm
- Cuba publishes text of foreign investment law Updated: Apr-16-14 6:17 pm
- Jamaica agency admits sprinter's test was flawed Updated: Apr-16-14 5:14 pm
- New chief but few changes at Brazilian federation Updated: Apr-16-14 4:31 pm
- Inmates rock Peru prison with 'Superstar Updated: Apr-16-14 4:04 pm
- Strike continues at Rio Olympic venues Updated: Apr-16-14 3:57 pm
- Mexico arrests mayor for drug cartel extortion Updated: Apr-16-14 3:40 pm
- Mexico nabs No. 2 in Beltran-Leyva gang Updated: Apr-16-14 3:39 pm
- 4th Mexican cartel associate charged in Chicago Updated: Apr-16-14 1:28 pm
- Argentine zoo shows off white tiger triplets Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 pm
- Dad: Wyoming volunteer committed to helping others Updated: Apr-16-14 12:58 pm
- AP names Nigeria chief of bureau Updated: Apr-16-14 12:34 pm
- 54 detained in anti-World Cup protest in Brazil Updated: Apr-16-14 11:38 am
- Cuban doctors in eye of Venezuelan hurricane Updated: Apr-16-14 12:40 am
- Uruguay's leader declares $322,883 in wealth Updated: Apr-15-14 11:38 pm
SAO PAULO - A player who collapsed in a Brazilian Cup match is in stable condition after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat.
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian football federation said Thursday it has been successful in its appeal against a club that filed a civil suit trying to be included in the country's first-division league, guaranteeing the championship can start on time this weekend.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rican salsa legend Cheo Feliciano died in a car accident early Thursday, prompting the governor of the U.S. territory to declare three days of mourning.
Wisconsin State Journal, April 16
GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba - A pretrial hearing in the Sept. 11 war crimes case has ended at the Guantanamo Bay naval base amid uncertainty over an apparent FBI investigation of the defense.
MEXICO CITY - Few outsiders dare venture after dark into Tepito, a neighborhood known as Mexico City's main clearinghouse for contraband ranging from guns and drugs to counterfeit sneakers.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Negotiators for the government and the opposition have agreed to broaden membership in a truth commission that is to investigate who is to blame for 41 deaths tied to weeks of political unrest in Venezuela.
MANAGUA, Nicaragua - A man who confessed to robbing and killing a Wyoming woman found dead this week near a beach in northern Nicaragua has been arrested, authorities said Wednesday.
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - The Dominican Republic is being criticized for building a temporary artificial beach amid a drought.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's National Human Rights Commission said Wednesday it will investigate the latest apparent case of denial of medical care for poor women, after a pregnant Mixtec Indian woman died in a clinic along with her unborn child.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian government officials announced Wednesday that almost $11 billion (24.1 billion Brazilian reals) will be spent on major transportation and environmental projects, which they argue are not related to holding the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
HAVANA - Cuba on Wednesday published the full language of a new law that seeks to make it more attractive for foreign investors to bring badly needed capital to the island, but provides less advantage for projects that are 100 percent foreign-financed.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica's anti-doping agency on Wednesday acknowledged that sample collection procedures in sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown's positive test last year were "inconsistent" with international standards.
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian football federation elected a new president on Wednesday, although little is changing at the helm of the organization.
LIMA, Peru - Inmates have rocked a Peruvian prison with a Holy Week performance of the musical "Jesus Christ Superstar."
RIO DE JANEIRO - The two-week strike at Rio de Janeiro's main Olympic complex continued Wednesday despite an apparent settlement.
MEXICO CITY - Prosecutors in western Mexico arrested the mayor of a city that once served as a stronghold of the Knights Templar drug cartel on charges that he helped the gang extort money from city council members.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican police said Wednesday they have captured a man identified as the second highest-ranking figure in the once-powerful Beltran Leyva drug cartel.
CHICAGO - Federal court documents show that an associate of Sinaloa cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was arrested in Las Vegas in January and brought to Chicago.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The Buenos Aires Zoo is showing off its latest brood of white tigers - Bengal triplets with piercing blue eyes and a playful attitude.
JACKSON, Wyoming - A Wyoming woman found dead on a church service trip to Nicaragua was an EMT and skiing instructor who had always been committed to helping other people, her father said.
JOHANNESBURG - The Associated Press has named Michelle Faul, who has covered the major stories of Africa over the past three decades, as its bureau chief in Nigeria.
SAO PAULO - Police say that 54 people protesting against the World Cup have been arrested in Brazil's largest city.
CARACAS, Venezuela - When Judith Faraiz's son was near death after a severe motorcycle accident, she put his life in the hands of God and Cuban doctors.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguayan President Jose Mujica has declared $322,883 in wealth.