- Nicaragua canal promoter to build Ukraine ports Updated: Dec-05-13 5:47 am
- Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt Updated: Dec-05-13 2:08 am
- Feds arrest man suspected of killing 8 in Mexico Updated: Dec-05-13 1:56 am
- Venezuela cyber crackdown ensnares Web's Bitly Updated: Dec-05-13 12:22 am
- No. 14 Villanova remains perfect, tops Penn 77-54 Updated: Dec-04-13 11:35 pm
- NBA game in Mexico City postponed Updated: Dec-04-13 11:27 pm
- 10 die in shootout between Nicaragua cops, robbers Updated: Dec-04-13 11:14 pm
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico Updated: Dec-04-13 10:43 pm
- Honduras holds off presidential vote recount Updated: Dec-04-13 10:07 pm
- Jamaica scientist launches medical marijuana firm Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 pm
- Colombian indicted on weapons charge in Colorado Updated: Dec-04-13 6:22 pm
- Guarani language on Paraguay Facebook for 3 months Updated: Dec-04-13 5:52 pm
- Platini: WCup draw helping France was FIFA idea Updated: Dec-04-13 3:31 pm
- Looting ends as Argentine police strike resolved Updated: Dec-04-13 3:24 pm
- Brazil to keep World Cup protests at bay Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- Attorney: No problems before Brazil collapse Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- US will no longer report Guantanamo Hunger strikes Updated: Dec-04-13 2:10 pm
- Bach to travel to Brazil to check on Rio preps Updated: Dec-04-13 12:55 pm
- Brazil downplays missing FIFA's stadium deadline Updated: Dec-04-13 12:21 pm
- Column: World Cup draw a metaphor for extravagance Updated: Dec-04-13 11:45 am
- Puerto Ricans honor Paul Walker, cause chaos Updated: Dec-04-13 10:40 am
- Argentina grapples with its most polluted river Updated: Dec-04-13 10:15 am
- Class helps immigrants prep for citizenship test Updated: Dec-04-13 10:13 am
- Mexico Senate approves major political reforms Updated: Dec-04-13 2:02 am
- Spurs, Timberwolves to play in Mexico City Updated: Dec-03-13 10:14 pm
BEIJING - The Chinese businessman best known for winning a contract to build a canal across Nicaragua announced he will spearhead a $3 billion joint venture to construct a deep-water port and refurbish the Sevastopol sea port on Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican troops and federal police kept a nighttime watch on a rural field where thieves abandoned a stolen shipment of highly radioactive cobalt-60, while officials began planning the delicate task of recovering the dangerous material.
SACRAMENTO, California - A man accused of killing eight Mexican municipal government officials has been arrested and turned over to officials in that country, U.S. authorities said Wednesday.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelans have been scrambling for dollars for weeks, taking refuge in the greenback as their own currency is in free fall. Rather than address the economic imbalances behind the bolivar's plunge, the government is going after the bearers of the bad news - it's taking down websites people use to track exchange rates on the black market.
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - Villanova returned from the Bahamas with three wins, a trophy and a national ranking.
MANAGUA, Nicaragua - Ten people were killed Wednesday in a confrontation between police and an armed group in northern Nicaragua, officials said.
MEXICO CITY - A missing shipment of radioactive cobalt-60 was found Wednesday near where the stolen truck transporting the material was abandoned in central Mexico, the country's nuclear safety director said.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Honduras' electoral court says it has held off a recount of vote tally sheets from the Nov. 24 presidential election after representatives of the losing party failed to show up.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A prominent Jamaican scientist and entrepreneur is launching a company that aims to capitalize on medical marijuana, a growing global industry that he asserted Wednesday could be a boon for the island's chronically limping economy.
DENVER - A Colombian national who was arrested in Colorado during raids on several medical marijuana businesses was indicted on a single weapons charge, but prosecutors have not said whether he is tied to the pot investigation.
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Paraguayans can now navigate social media, post and poke in their country's main indigenous language following the launch of a Guarani version of Facebook.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Michel Platini has distanced himself from FIFA's choice of World Cup draw procedure, which appeared to give his native France a better chance in next year's tournament in Brazil.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A sit-in by police seeking pay raises in Argentina's second-largest city prompted hours of looting, robberies, injuries and vigilante mobs trying to protect their neighborhoods before the provincial government agreed to the officers' demands and peace returned to the streets Wednesday. Three deaths were reported amid the violence in Cordoba and a copycat effort to loot a store outside the nation's capital.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazilian authorities say they've learned from demonstrations during the Confederations Cup not to let protesters get too close to stadiums at the upcoming World Cup.
RIO DE JANEIRO - The crane operator involved in last week's deadly accident at the Sao Paulo stadium that's hosting the opening match of the World Cup told police Wednesday that he'd noticed nothing out of the ordinary ahead of the incident, his attorney said.
MIAMI - The U.S. military will no longer disclose to the media and public whether prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are on hunger strike, a spokesman said Wednesday, eliminating what had long been an unofficial barometer of conditions at the secretive military outpost.
LONDON - Warning that Brazil has "no time to lose," new International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach will travel soon to Rio de Janeiro to check on the troubled preparations for the 2016 Games.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The Brazilian government has brushed aside the importance of more delays in completing 2014 World Cup stadiums, saying that missing FIFA's deadline will not affect the country's ability to successfully host next year's tournament.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - If they wanted to look wasteful, extravagant and divorced from the gritty reality of Brazil's millions of poor, World Cup organizers outdid themselves by choosing this remote, luxury beach resort as the venue for this week's draw.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico police have issued more than 100 tickets to drivers who organized a caravan to honor "Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker and created massive traffic jams across the island's capital.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The picturesque La Boca district draws hordes of tourists to stroll its narrow streets lined with colorful buildings and eat at outdoor restaurants. Now it has a new, unwanted claim to fame: The Riachuelo river flowing through the neighborhood has been named one of the planet's 10 dirtiest places.
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Federico Sanchez burst into the classroom in a flurry of excitement.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Senate has passed the most dramatic political reform attempt in decades that would allow re-election of federal legislators, create new election oversight and make the Attorney General's office independent from the executive.