- NTSB: Ship hit Md. CSX pier while going too fast Updated: Apr-18-14 2:25 pm
- Mixed feelings for Garcia Marquez in hometown Updated: Apr-18-14 2:10 pm
- Marquez setting pace on march to MotoGP title Updated: Apr-18-14 1:54 pm
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital Updated: Apr-18-14 1:44 pm
- Miami hosts 'Caribbean: Crossroads of the World' Updated: Apr-18-14 12:55 pm
- US man pays fine in Bahamas pedestrian killing Updated: Apr-18-14 11:13 am
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez hailed as literary giant Updated: Apr-18-14 10:09 am
- Coast Guard cutter heading home to Va. waters Updated: Apr-18-14 3:05 am
- Anger and dismay at stalled Guantanamo 9/11 trial Updated: Apr-18-14 12:04 am
- California cross-border airport clears key hurdle Updated: Apr-17-14 10:28 pm
- Dodgers' Puig focuses on baseball despite issues Updated: Apr-17-14 10:27 pm
- Federation cleared to start Brazilian league Updated: Apr-17-14 9:57 pm
- Excerpts from the works of Gabriel Garcia Marquez Updated: Apr-17-14 9:55 pm
- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez Updated: Apr-17-14 8:58 pm
- Rubio, Nelson urge sanctions against Venezuela Updated: Apr-17-14 6:02 pm
- Argentina considers crackdown on street protests Updated: Apr-17-14 5:04 pm
- Coffee surges on renewed concern about crop Updated: Apr-17-14 4:20 pm
- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 Updated: Apr-17-14 4:10 pm
- Affidavit: Smuggler threats follow Puig from Cuba Updated: Apr-17-14 3:39 pm
- Peru volcano prompts evacuation of 4,000 Updated: Apr-17-14 3:04 pm
- Salsa great Cheo Feliciano dies in car crash at 78 Updated: Apr-17-14 3:01 pm
- Hail wreaks Easter travel havoc in Mexico City Updated: Apr-17-14 2:43 pm
- Delegation from Latin America visits Nevada courts Updated: Apr-17-14 1:13 pm
- Brazilian player hospitalized after collapse Updated: Apr-17-14 11:59 am
BALTIMORE - The National Transportation Safety Board says high speed was the probable cause of a shipping accident that did more than $2 million worth of damage to a CSX Corp. coal pier in Baltimore Harbor.
ARACATACA, Colombia - Gabriel Garcia Marquez and his homeland had a relationship as conflicted as any in his twisting, impassioned novels.
AUSTIN, Texas - Marc Marquez safely navigated the first turn of the Grand Prix of the Americas and quickly settled into 21 comfortable laps and his second consecutive victory of 2014.
ACAPULCO, Mexico - A powerful magnitude-7.2 earthquake shook central and southern Mexico on Friday, sending panicked people into the streets. Some walls cracked and fell, but there were no reports of major damage or casualties.
MIAMI - One of the opening images in "Caribbean: Crossroads of the World" features a massive nuclear submarine breaking the surface off what appears to be a cold northern coastline, with evergreens that would never thrive in tropical weather.
NASSAU, Bahamas - Authorities in the Bahamas have released a U.S. tourist from jail after he pleaded guilty to killing a pedestrian and paid a $5,000 fine.
MEXICO CITY - His death mourned around the globe, Gabriel Garcia Marquez is being hailed as a giant of modern literature, a writer of intoxicating novels and short stories that illuminated Latin America's passions, superstition, violence and social inequality.
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - A Coast Guard cutter is heading back to Virginia waters after intercepting more than $100 million in cocaine in the Caribbean.
GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba - Don Arias stormed out of the meeting with the defense lawyers at this U.S. Navy base after less than 15 minutes. He was soon followed by three others who also lost family members in the 9/11 terror attack.
SAN DIEGO - U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Thursday that it has reached agreement with an investor group to clear the way for construction of the nation's first cross-border airport terminal connecting San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico.
SAN FRANCISCO - Yasiel Puig believes he has the support from his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates and the club to help him keep his focus on baseball despite challenges off the field.
SAO PAULO - Brazil's championship will start as scheduled this weekend after the Brazilian football federation succeeded in its appeal against a club that filed a civil suit trying to be included in the country's first division.
Reaction to death of writer Gabriel Garcia Marquez:
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's populist government is proposing a crackdown on street protests amid increasing unrest over the souring economy. The new rules dismayed many of its natural allies Thursday, who called it a worrisome retreat after a decade of permissive policing.
The price of coffee surged on Thursday on renewed concerns about the outlook for Brazil's crop.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
MEXICO CITY - A person close to the family has confirmed reports that that Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died. He was 87.
MIAMI - The smugglers who helped Los Angeles Dodgers star Yasiel Puig leave Cuba on a speedboat have made death threats against him and against a Cuban boxer who says he defected with Puig, according to court documents.
LIMA, Peru - Peruvian authorities have ordered the preventative evacuation of 4,000 people living near the Ubinas volcano, which has been spouting ash clouds up to 2 miles (nearly 4 kilometers) high.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rican salsa legend Cheo Feliciano died in a car accident early Thursday, prompting the governor of the U.S. territory to declare three days of mourning.
MEXICO CITY - A freak spring hailstorm has caused havoc for thousands of people trying to leaving Mexico City for Easter weekend.
LAS VEGAS - Legal officials from seven Latin American countries visited Nevada's busiest courthouse on Thursday to learn about specialty court programs.
SAO PAULO - A player who collapsed in a Brazilian Cup match is in stable condition after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat.