- Mexico imposes restrictions on Slim, Televisa Updated: Mar-07-14 7:43 pm
- Reputed Guzman deputy will go to trial in Chicago Updated: Mar-07-14 7:10 pm
- Brazilian player racially abused after match Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 pm
- Mexico stops heavy metal concert, draws fire Updated: Mar-07-14 6:02 pm
- Venezuelan middle class seeks refuge in Miami Updated: Mar-07-14 3:50 pm
- Mexico to host Israel in exhibition on May 26 Updated: Mar-07-14 3:29 pm
- Mexico announces friendly against Israel Updated: Mar-07-14 3:03 pm
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital Updated: Mar-07-14 2:01 pm
- US tourist dies in car crash in Trinidad Updated: Mar-07-14 1:04 pm
- Colombian paramilitaries set for release Updated: Mar-07-14 12:14 pm
- Argentina coach Sabella happy with his forwards Updated: Mar-07-14 11:35 am
- International scrutiny of Venezuela grows Updated: Mar-07-14 9:28 am
- Man gets prison in Arizona hostage-taking case Updated: Mar-07-14 7:39 am
- 2 dead as Venezuelans clash at protest barricades Updated: Mar-06-14 10:53 pm
- Cruise ship rescues Cuban migrants adrift at sea Updated: Mar-06-14 7:41 pm
- Brian Stuard leads Puerto Rico Open Updated: Mar-06-14 6:00 pm
- Florida firm to pursue disputed sunken gold Updated: Mar-06-14 5:24 pm
- Lawsuit: Univision newscaster's book had false ID Updated: Mar-06-14 4:41 pm
- US hosts Azerbaijan, Turkey, Nigeria in warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 3:57 pm
- Defrocked Puerto Rico priest charged Updated: Mar-06-14 3:55 pm
- Here comes El Nino; good news for US weather woes Updated: Mar-06-14 3:05 pm
- Can the calm last in the municipal bond market? Updated: Mar-06-14 2:34 pm
- UN experts demand answers about Venezuela violence Updated: Mar-06-14 2:34 pm
- Scolari happy with tests before squad announcement Updated: Mar-06-14 12:14 pm
- FIFA fines Caribbean member over finance rules Updated: Mar-06-14 10:15 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexican regulators declared the country's main television network and Carlos Slim's telecom company as "preponderant" market players on Friday, part of an effort by the government to promote competitiveness in the telecommunications sector.
CHICAGO - A reputed lieutenant of recently captured drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman abruptly reversed his plans to plead guilty Friday to federal trafficking charges, a move made out of fear for the lives of his wife and children in Mexico, according to his attorney.
SAO PAULO - Fans yelled racist insults at a Brazilian football player being interviewed by reporters after a match, the latest case of racism to hit the country that will host the World Cup in a few months.
MEXICO CITY - A Mexican state's decision to cancel a two-day heavy metal concert with top bands like Kiss, Twisted Sister and Guns 'N Roses is drawing fire from fans and organizers, who say they suspect that political motives, corruption or discrimination are behind the move.
MIAMI - Carlos Salamanca fled Venezuela's growing political turmoil in January with his wife, two teenage children and $7,000.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico will host Israel on May 26 in Azteca Stadium as part of its preparations for the World Cup.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico will face Israel on May 26 in Azteca Stadium, its last World Cup warm-up on home soil.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - American media mogul Ted Turner has been hospitalized for an undisclosed ailment in Argentina's capital.
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - Police in the Caribbean island of Trinidad say a tourist from New York state has died in a car crash that injured five other people.
BOGOTA, Colombia - One veteran of Colombia's disbanded far-right militias admitted to ordering or taking part in at least 3,000 killings, mostly targeting leftists , and incinerating many of the corpses to destroy evidence.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella says he is happy with the forwards he has, and that seems to be bad news for Juventus striker Carlos Tevez and his prospects for playing at the World Cup.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela is coming under increasing international scrutiny amid violence that most recently killed a National Guardsman and a civilian in a clash at a protest barricade.
TUCSON, Arizona - A Mexican man has been sentenced to 70 years in prison in a 2012 hostage-taking case in southern Arizona.
CARACAS, Venezuela - A National Guardsmen and a civilian were killed Thursday after a group of men on motorcycles rode into an east Caracas neighborhood to remove a street barricade erected by anti-government protesters.
GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands - The government of the Cayman Islands says 24 Cuban migrants rescued by a cruise ship appear to be in good health.
RIO GRANDE, Puerto Rico - Brian Stuard birdied seven his first 12 holes in windy conditions Thursday to take the first-round lead in the Puerto Rico Open.
CINCINNATI - Deep-sea explorers can now recover the remaining gold from a ship that sank off the South Carolina coast in 1857 and more recently has been embroiled in legal fights involving a fugitive treasure hunter, an Ohio judge has ruled in a court order obtained by The Associated Press on Thursday.
MIAMI - A Guatemalan man claims in a lawsuit that popular Univision news host Jorge Ramos wrongly identified him as a U.S. immigration agent in a 2005 book about a fatal migrant smuggling venture, leading to death threats and eventually forcing the man and his family to leave Guatemala.
CHICAGO - The United States will prepare for the World Cup with home exhibition games against Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A defrocked priest in Puerto Rico has been charged with lewd acts in a case that prosecutors say involved a 13-year-old altar boy.
WASHINGTON - Relief may be on the way for a weather-weary United States with the predicted warming of the central Pacific Ocean brewing this year that will likely change weather worldwide. But it won't be for the better everywhere.
NEW YORK - Municipal bonds are getting another chance.
GENEVA - United Nations human rights experts demanded answers Thursday from Venezuela's government about the use of violence and imprisonment in a crackdown on widespread demonstrations.
SAO PAULO - Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari seems pretty pleased with himself, and his coaching acumen.
GENEVA - FIFA has fined the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association for financial wrongdoing linked to a development project.