- Mexico: burned-out van belonged to missing Australians Updated: Nov-30-15 3:55 pm
MEXICO CITY - Prosecutors in the northern Mexico state of Sinaloa said Monday that the burned-out vehicle found with two charred bodies inside was registered in the name of one of two missing Australians.
- Pink joins UNICEF in fight to end child malnutrition Updated: Nov-30-15 3:41 pm
Trailblazing pop star Pink saw firsthand severely malnourished children during a recent visit to Haiti as a part of a UNICEF program to provide therapeutic food packets to children in need.
- The Latest: US House leader won't pay for climate deal Updated: Nov-30-15 3:16 pm
PARIS - The latest news from the U.N. climate conference that began Monday in Paris. All times local:
- Haiti opposition says transitional gov't may be needed Updated: Nov-30-15 3:05 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Eight candidates in last month's disputed presidential vote are demanding changes in Haiti's electoral council and national police department. And if that doesn't happen by next month, they are calling for a transitional government to oversee new general elections.
- Puerto Rico going down to the wire on $355M debt payment Updated: Nov-30-15 2:56 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Debt-burdened Puerto Rico is struggling to make a looming $355 million bond payment.
- Brazil House Speaker denies bribery reports Updated: Nov-30-15 2:37 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The embattled speaker of Brazil's House of Representatives has vehemently denied reports that a document seized in a corruption probe suggests he received nearly $12 million to support legislation favoring a top investment bank.
- Pope outlines Mexico trip with four stops, including Juarez Updated: Nov-30-15 2:21 pm
ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE - Pope Francis says he hopes to add the key Mexico-U.S. border city of Juarez to his Mexico itinerary next year, confirming the trip will have a strong immigration theme.
- US activist heading home after serving Peru sentence Updated: Nov-30-15 1:38 pm
LIMA, Peru - American activist Lori Berenson is finally heading home to New York, two decades after being found guilty of aiding leftist rebels in Peru.
- Head of Brazilian federation subject of senate investigation Updated: Nov-30-15 12:19 pm
SAO PAULO - The embattled president of the Brazilian soccer confederation is under investigation for marketing deals with a major carmaker.
- High court rejects Mexican states' lawsuit over Gulf spill Updated: Nov-30-15 9:41 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court won't hear an appeal from three Mexican states seeking damages from BP and other companies over the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- With peace near, debate grows over Colombia's draft Updated: Nov-30-15 8:33 am
SACHICA, Colombia - The army truck pulled up at 4 p.m. on a Sunday as Omar Rodriguez, in a baseball cap and torn jeans, walked to a bus stop in his rural village of tile-roofed white homes.
- At least 6 killed in fight among inmates at Guatemala prison Updated: Nov-29-15 10:36 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Officials in Guatemala say a brawl among inmates at an overcrowded prison killed six people and wounded several others.
- US aid worker made little effort to hide work in Cuba Updated: Nov-29-15 7:17 pm
WASHINGTON - The American aid worker who spent five years in prison in Cuba said he had no trouble bringing sophisticated communications gear into the country and made little attempt to disguise his work to set up Internet connections.
- US aid worker made little effort to hide work in Cuba Updated: Nov-29-15 7:02 pm
WASHINGTON - The American aid worker imprisoned for five years in Cuba says he had no trouble bringing sophisticated communications gear into the country.
- Study: About 1/3 of world cactus threatened with extinction Updated: Nov-29-15 6:43 pm
MEXICO CITY - About a third of the world's cactus species are threatened with extinction, the International Union for Conservation of Nature warns in a new report.
- Brazil links dengue-like virus to birth defects in babies Updated: Nov-29-15 5:09 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The dengue-like Zika virus has been linked for the first time to cases of babies being born with small heads, or microcephaly, Brazil's government said.
- Man charged with $1.4 million MoneyGram embezzlement Updated: Nov-29-15 4:09 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Authorities in the U.S. Virgin Islands say they have arrested a man on charges related to the embezzlement of $1.4 million from a MoneyGram operation.
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:14 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Peyton Little scored 17 points, Vionise Pierre-Louis 15 and No. 21 Oklahoma pulled away in the fourth quarter for a 76-61 victory over Boston College on Saturday night at the Junkanoo Jam.
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime Updated: Nov-28-15 10:18 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Madison Cable saves her best games for UCLA.
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St Updated: Nov-28-15 9:13 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - For the second straight year, Baylor found itself facing a double-digit deficit against Michigan State.
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas Updated: Nov-28-15 6:32 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Oregon State faced its first challenge of the young season and held off pesky Arkansas.
- AIDS activist rescued in NC successfully crosses Atlantic Updated: Nov-28-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - A man who rowed across the Atlantic Ocean for AIDS awareness has arrived home in Brooklyn, ending a 21-month journey.
- AIDS activist arrives in NYC after rowing across Atlantic Updated: Nov-28-15 5:57 pm
NEW YORK - A New Yorker who rowed across the Atlantic Ocean for AIDS awareness has arrived home in Brooklyn, ending a 21-month journey.
- Bodies of 8 slain men found dumped in southeastern Mexico Updated: Nov-28-15 5:21 pm
MEXICO CITY - Authorities in Mexico say the bodies of eight slain men have been found dumped in a southeastern town.
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun Updated: Nov-28-15 3:32 pm
CANCUN, Mexico - Azura Stevens scored 19 points and No. 15 Duke dominated Texas State 85-34 at the Cancun Challenge on Saturday.