- Brazil to keep World Cup protests at bay Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- Rested Stenson tries to stay hot at Sun City Updated: Dec-04-13 2:20 pm
- South African official won't release Zuma report Updated: Dec-04-13 12:04 pm
- Urgent deal reached for African elephants Updated: Dec-04-13 9:32 am
- Marathon runner Mthangayi facing 2nd doping ban Updated: Dec-04-13 9:02 am
- Mandela putting up 'courageous fight' Updated: Dec-04-13 5:17 am
- Exhibit opens on USC students' trip to Malawi Updated: Dec-04-13 4:05 am
- Highway toll takes toll on ruling SAfrican party Updated: Dec-03-13 10:31 am
- Mandela portrait breaks South Africa record Updated: Dec-03-13 6:46 am
- Africa's elephants threatened by killings: report Updated: Dec-02-13 12:48 pm
- Charl Schwartzel defends title at Alfred Dunhill Updated: Dec-01-13 11:56 am
- Namibian military transports plane crash victims Updated: Dec-01-13 7:19 am
- 33 dead in Mozambican plane crash in Namibia Updated: Nov-30-13 12:43 pm
- South African liberal politician dies Updated: Nov-30-13 5:17 am
- France seeks tycoon's extradition from Switzerland Updated: Nov-27-13 10:32 am
- Cape Town mayor is criticized for Mandela gesture Updated: Nov-27-13 9:52 am
- Hong Kong returns rhino horns to South Africa Updated: Nov-27-13 8:59 am
- Zimbabwe's top rights lawyer acquitted Updated: Nov-26-13 11:01 am
- Czech fugitive appears in South African court Updated: Nov-25-13 12:52 pm
- 'Wild Thing' continues comeback in South Africa Updated: Nov-25-13 8:30 am
- Cambridge woman among 32 US Rhodes Scholars Updated: Nov-24-13 2:08 pm
- Zimbabwe: Foreigners must close shops by Jan 1. Updated: Nov-23-13 9:18 am
- South African police arrest Czech fugitive Updated: Nov-22-13 3:11 pm
- South African carjackers favor downtown spot Updated: Nov-22-13 12:36 pm
- Brown U. slavery exhibit heads to South Africa Updated: Nov-21-13 12:35 pm
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazilian authorities say they've learned from demonstrations during the Confederations Cup not to let protesters get too close to stadiums at the upcoming World Cup.
SUN CITY, South Africa - Ten days away from golf was just about enough for Henrik Stenson to get his "funky" right wrist back to being close to healthy.
JOHANNESBURG - South Africa's public protector has refused to immediately release a report on her investigation into allegations that public funds of Rand 206 million (about $21 million) were improperly used to improve the private home of President Jacob Zuma.
JOHANNESBURG - Key states where the illegal ivory trade flourishes have pledged to take urgent measures to try to halt the illicit trade and secure elephant populations across Africa, the International Union for Conservation of Nature, or IUCN, said Wednesday.
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - South African marathon runner Lindhikaya Mthangayi has tested positive for a banned anabolic steroid and faces a six-year ban following a previous doping offense.
JOHANNESBURG - The family of ailing former South African President Nelson Mandela has told the South African Broadcasting Corporation in an interview that the liberation struggle icon is not "doing well" but is continuing to put up a courageous fight from his "deathbed."
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - An exhibit of photos taken by University of South Carolina students during a working visit to Africa is opening in Columbia.
JOHANNESBURG - After years of delay, protests and legal action, a tolling system finally came into force Tuesday on a large part of the freeway network of South Africa's richest province, Gauteng, amid threats by opponents to continue the fight against the tolls which they warn could cost the ruling African National Congress votes in next year's elections.
JOHANNESBURG - A photographic portrait of Nelson Mandela has been bought by a private art collector in New York for $200,000, the highest price ever paid for a local portrait, organizers said Tuesday.
JOHANNESBURG - As many as 20 percent of Africa's elephants could be killed in the next 10 years if illegal poaching continues at the current rate, according to new data released Monday at the opening of the Elephant Summit in Botswana.
MALELANE, South Africa - Charl Schwartzel successfully defended his title at the Alfred Dunhill Championship, shooting a 4-under 68 on Sunday for a four-shot victory and his first European Tour victory in a year.
JOHANNESBURG - Investigators arrived in Namibia on Sunday to try to determine the cause of a Mozambique Airlines plane crash that killed 33 people, as the remains of the victims were transported to a police mortuary in the Namibian capital, Windhoek.
JOHANNESBURG - A Mozambique Airlines plane carrying 33 people crashed in a remote border area in Namibia, killing all on board, officials said Saturday.
JOHANNESBURG - Colin Eglin, a retired South African politician who opposed apartheid and sought to promote liberal democratic values during white rule, has died at the age of 88.
GENEVA - France has asked Switzerland to extradite a wealthy Israeli businessman wanted in connection with an arms trafficking scandal, Swiss officials said Wednesday.
JOHANNESBURG - Tis the season to be jolly - jolly critical, that is - in the South African city of Cape Town.
JOHANNESBURG - South African officials say 33 poached rhino horns and hundreds of chopsticks and bracelets made from elephant ivory that were seized in Hong Kong have been returned to South Africa.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's leading rights lawyer Beatrice Mtetwa was acquitted Tuesday of charges of obstructing justice and being unruly to police officers.
JOHANNESBURG - In a newspaper cartoon, a Czech fugitive with alleged links to Johannesburg's deadly underworld scolds the Grim Reaper for wanting a vacation.
MALELANE, South Africa - John Daly will play in the European Tour's Alfred Dunhill Championship this week as he comes back from elbow surgery.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Harvard University senior Elizabeth Byrne said she truly was shocked when she learned she was one of 32 Americans named as 2014 Rhodes Scholars this weekend.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwean authorities say they have given foreign shop-owners -mostly Chinese and Nigerian nationals- an ultimatum to shut down their businesses by Jan. 1.
JOHANNESBURG - South African police say they have arrested a Czech fugitive on charges of attempted murder and kidnapping.
JOHANNESBURG - The carjackers were swift and methodical. They were also creatures of habit. On three occasions this month, armed criminals who apparently knew their victims were carrying cash or valuables pounced at the same intersection in Johannesburg while CCTV security cameras recorded the brazen heists.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Brown University exhibition focusing on slave ship revolts is now on display in South Africa.