- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation Updated: Apr-20-14 6:59 pm
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help Updated: Apr-20-14 11:58 am
- Automakers unveil China-focused models in Beijing Updated: Apr-20-14 11:07 am
- GM boosting China production capacity to 5 million Updated: Apr-20-14 10:52 am
- Ferrari's Alonso: 'We're still in the fight' Updated: Apr-20-14 9:50 am
- Transcript of SKorea ship sinking: 'We can't move' Updated: Apr-20-14 9:29 am
- Hamilton wins third straight F1 race at Chinese GP Updated: Apr-20-14 8:56 am
- Delay in ferry evacuation puzzles maritime experts Updated: Apr-20-14 8:28 am
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation Updated: Apr-20-14 5:29 am
- Youngest winner on Japan women's tour at age 15 Updated: Apr-20-14 3:56 am
- Japan minister at shrine honoring war criminals Updated: Apr-19-14 10:46 pm
- Fiat and Chrysler to build 3 Jeep models in China Updated: Apr-19-14 1:38 pm
- Confusion, anger as sunken ferry's relatives wait Updated: Apr-19-14 12:10 pm
- Kobe beats Kashima 3-2 to take lead in J-League Updated: Apr-19-14 8:44 am
- Vettel hoping for resurgence at Chinese GP Updated: Apr-19-14 7:17 am
- Death toll in SKorea ferry sinking climbs to 32 Updated: Apr-19-14 5:26 am
- Prosecutor says mate steering waters for 1st time Updated: Apr-19-14 3:07 am
- 4 questions about missing Malaysian plane answered Updated: Apr-19-14 2:19 am
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea disaster Updated: Apr-18-14 6:13 pm
- White House makes economics focus of Asia trip Updated: Apr-18-14 5:43 pm
- Military scales down, modifies Guam buildup plan Updated: Apr-18-14 5:26 pm
- N. Korea criticizes 'human rights racket' of US Updated: Apr-18-14 2:46 pm
- Japan to hunt fewer whales in Pacific this season Updated: Apr-18-14 8:43 am
- Chinese trade group to mediate shoe factory strike Updated: Apr-18-14 7:28 am
- 7 die in shooting at China-Vietnam border Updated: Apr-18-14 7:25 am
JINDO, South Korea - The South Korean ferry that sank was crippled by confusion and indecision well after it began listing, a radio transcript released Sunday showed, suggesting the chaotic situation may have added to a death toll that could eventually exceed 300.
PERTH, Australia - A Malaysian official met Sunday with relatives of passengers who were aboard the missing jetliner and discussed ways of providing them with financial assistance, as an unmanned submarine continued its search for any signs of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
BEIJING - Ford Motor Co. on Sunday unveiled a new Escort sedan designed in China for global sale at a Beijing auto show that highlighted the growing influence of Chinese tastes on the industry.
BEIJING - The president of General Motors said Sunday that the company and local partners are boosting production capacity for GM-brand vehicles in China to 5 million.
SHANGHAI - Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso said his struggling team is "still in the fight" after he finally got on the podium for the first time this season, finishing third at the Chinese Grand Prix.
JINDO, South Korea - The following is a portion of the transcript released Sunday by the South Korean coast guard of the conversation between the ferry that sank Wednesday and the Jindo Vessel Traffic Services Center (VTS) on Jindo island. The ferry Sewol issued its distress call to another VTS center before these communications began. The Associated Press translated the transcript from Korean. The names of other ships included in the transcript are omitted at the request of South Korean authorities.
SHANGHAI - Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton captured his third straight Formula One race with ease on Sunday, leading from start to finish to win the Chinese Grand Prix.
MOKPO, South Korea - It is a decision that has maritime experts stumped and is at odds with standard procedure: Why were the passengers of the doomed South Korean ferry told to stay in their rooms rather than climb on deck?
JINDO, South Korea - A transcript released Sunday of communications with the South Korean ferry that sank details crippling confusion and indecision, with a crew member questioning whether an evacuation was the right move well after the ship began listing dangerously.
TOKYO - Japanese 15-year-old Minami Katsu became the youngest winner in the history of the Japan LPGA tour by shooting a 4-under 68 on Sunday to take out the Vantelin Ladies Open.
TOKYO - A Japanese Cabinet minister on Sunday visited a Tokyo shrine that honors the dead including war criminals, in what has repeatedly caused friction with Japan's neighbors.
ROME - Fiat and Chrysler announced plans Saturday to build three new Jeep models in China for that market, the biggest for the vehicles outside the United States, as they attempt to boost sales in a country where they lag behind their competitors.
JINDO, South Korea - The informal briefing by a South Korean coast guard rescuer started calmly enough. He stood on a stage in front of relatives of those missing from a sunken ferry, explaining how divers trying to find their loved ones are hampered by poor visibility and can venture only so deep.
KASHIMA, Japan - Marquinhos and Keijiro Ogawa scored second-half goals as Vissel Kobe beat Kashima Antlers 3-2 to move into first place in the J-League on Saturday.
SHANGHAI - Given how he finished last season, Sebastian Vettel's start to the 2014 F1 campaign has been humbling, to say the least.
MOKPO, South Korea - South Korean coast guard officials say they've found three more bodies from the sinking of a ferry, raising the death toll to 32.
MOKPO, South Korea - A prosecutor says that the third mate steering a South Korean ferry at the time of a major accident was navigating those waters for the first time.
Travelers at Asian airports have asked questions about the March 8 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Here are some of them, followed by answers.
SEOUL, South Korea - A prosecutor says the captain of the South Korean ferry that sank two days ago has been arrested.
WASHINGTON - The White House is focusing President Barack Obama's upcoming Asia-Pacific trip on the economic benefits of closer ties to the region, but regional security concerns are likely to be pushed higher on the president's agenda because of the tense situation between Russia and Ukraine.
HAGATNA, Guam - The military's revised proposal for a buildup on Guam calls for less population growth and locating a Marine Corps live-fire training range on an Air Force base instead of the site of an ancient village.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - A North Korean spokesman is blaming the United States and its allies for a "human rights racket" a day after the U.N. Security Council met to discuss a new report that accuses the reclusive communist regime of crimes against humanity.
TOKYO - Japan will target fewer whales when its Pacific hunt begins next week and will observe them in the Antarctic next season with the aim of resuming full-fledged commercial whaling, the fisheries minister said Friday.
BEIJING - Chinese police hauled away dozens of workers Friday to break up a march on a factory complex targeted by tens of thousands of laborers striking against the world's largest maker of athletic shoes, while a government trade union said it would mediate the labor dispute.
HANOI, Vietnam - A Chinese man who was being repatriated from Vietnam along with 15 other migrants seized a gun from a border guard on Friday, triggering a gunfight and standoff in which five Chinese and two Vietnamese guards died, Vietnam's government said.