- Vegas, Stuard share lead in rain-delayed Zurich Classic Updated: May-01-16 6:32 pm
AVONDALE, Louisiana - Jhonattan Vegas birdied two of five holes he was able to play in the rain-delayed third round of the Zurich Classic on Sunday, giving him a share of the lead with Brian Stuard.
- Trade unions hold rallies to mark May Day; clashes Updated: May-01-16 6:19 pm
Trade unions and other groups are staging rallies around the world to mark International Workers Day. A look at some May Day events:
- Jenny Shin wins in Texas for first LPGA Tour title Updated: May-01-16 6:17 pm
IRVING, Texas - Jenny Shin won the Volunteers of America Texas Shootout on Sunday for her first LPGA Tour victory, pulling away for a two-stroke victory at Las Colinas.
- Local favorite Li Haotong fires 64 to win China Open Updated: May-01-16 4:54 pm
BEIJING - China's Li Haotong shot a bogey-free 8-under 64 on Sunday to win the China Open for his first European Tour title.
- Bodies of elite climber, cameraman found in melting glacier Updated: May-01-16 2:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - The bodies of a renowned mountain climber and expedition cameraman who were buried in a Himalayan avalanche 16 years ago have been found.
- Nebraska offices usher small businesses into global markets Updated: May-01-16 11:23 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's small business owners say state employees nestled in offices more than 6,000 miles away have saved them from making irrevocable mistakes in the global market.
- South Korean president visits Iran to boost ties Updated: May-01-16 10:49 am
TEHRAN, Iran - South Korea's president arrived in Tehran on Sunday for the first summit between the two countries since they established diplomatic ties in 1962.
- North Korea party congress to show unity around Kim Jong Un Updated: May-01-16 9:10 am
TOKYO - North Korea is preparing to hold a once-in-a-generation congress of its ruling party that is intended to rally the nation behind leader Kim Jong Un and could provide an important glimpse into Kim's plans for the country's economy and military.
- Malaysia deports 32 Taiwanese to China, draws protest Updated: May-01-16 12:27 am
BEIJING - Taiwanese officials have protested Malaysia's deportation of 32 of the self-ruled island's nationals to China to face wire fraud charges.
- China's April manufacturing activity weaker than expected Updated: Apr-30-16 11:22 pm
BEIJING - China's manufacturing activity was weaker than expected in April, according to a survey by an industry group.
- Andre Berto stops Victor Ortiz in 4th round, avenging loss Updated: Apr-30-16 10:45 pm
CARSON, California - Andre Berto spent five years regretting his inability to land the punches that would have finished off Victor Ortiz during his first career defeat.
- Ex-TVA manager says he passed nuclear information to China Updated: Apr-30-16 3:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A former senior manager with the Tennessee Valley Authority passed information to a state-controlled Chinese nuclear energy company that helped it build reactors there, according to court records.
- Sweden celebrates king's 70th with ABBA's 'Dancing Queen' Updated: Apr-30-16 1:45 pm
STOCKHOLM - Royals from around the world flew in, loyal Swedes lined the streets of Stockholm and the sounds of ABBA's "Dancing Queen" rang out from an army band on Saturday as Sweden celebrated King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th birthday.
- Kremlin: Japan's PM Abe to visit Putin in Russia next week Updated: Apr-30-16 9:21 am
MOSCOW - The Kremlin has announced that Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will visit Russia next week to meet with President Vladimir Putin, a step toward deepening relations overshadowed by a World War II territorial dispute.
- China lays out firm conditions for improved ties with Japan Updated: Apr-30-16 9:14 am
BEIJING - China laid out firm conditions Saturday for improved ties with Japan, telling Tokyo's visiting foreign minister that there could be "no ambiguity or vacillation" in meeting Beijing's demands over historical interpretation, relations with Taiwan and other key matters.
- Overturned truck carrying stones kills 14 in China Updated: Apr-30-16 12:26 am
BEIJING - Chinese authorities say 14 people were killed when a truck carrying stones overturned and dumped its cargo onto a roadside activity center.
- China ambassador says North Korean proposal merits study Updated: Apr-29-16 11:56 pm
UNITED NATIONS - China's U.N. ambassador says a North Korea proposal under which Pyongyang would halt its nuclear program if the U.S. and South Korea suspend joint military exercises merits consideration.
- UN says N. Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated' Updated: Apr-29-16 11:21 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The American-led U.N. command on Saturday dismissed as unsubstantiated accusations from North Korea that U.S. troops at a border village tried to provoke its frontline troops with "disgusting acts."
- North Korea sends another US citizen to prison Updated: Apr-29-16 11:08 pm
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea sentenced a U.S. citizen of Korean heritage to 10 years in prison with hard labor after convicting him of espionage and subversion, the second American it has put behind bars this year.
- US places 5 countries on trade monitoring list Updated: Apr-29-16 6:06 pm
WASHINGTON - The Treasury Department has placed five countries - China, Japan, Germany, South Korea and Taiwan - on a new monitoring list designed to pressure foreign governments to tackle large trade imbalances with the United States.
- US stocks hit by health care woes but avoid bigger losses Updated: Apr-29-16 4:50 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks fell Friday as health care and technology companies continued to report weak first-quarter results, but thanks to some late buying, they managed to avoid major losses.
- US: China rejects Hong Kong port call by US aircraft carrier Updated: Apr-29-16 2:36 pm
WASHINGTON - China recently denied a request from a U.S. aircraft carrier for a port visit in Hong Kong, the State Department said Friday, in an apparent sign of mounting tension in the disputed South China Sea.
- China charges brokers, fund manager with insider trading Updated: Apr-29-16 6:15 am
BEIJING - A prominent investor and the general manager of China's biggest stock brokerage have been arrested on insider trading charges, the government announced Friday, in the latest aftershock from a plunge in stock prices last year.
- Yearning for North Korea - the nation they fled Updated: Apr-29-16 5:21 am
INCHEON, South Korea - For much of the world, North Korea is a Stalinist nightmare, an isolated enclave of prison camps, poverty and hunger.
- Urawa maintain lead in J-League with 4-1 win over Nagoya Updated: Apr-29-16 4:32 am
SAITAMA, Japan - Urawa Reds held on to first place in the J-League by thrashing Nagoya Grampus 4-1 on Friday.