- Sub search for missing plane to be done in week Updated: Apr-19-14 2:52 am
- 4 questions about missing Malaysian plane answered Updated: Apr-19-14 2:19 am
- Ricciardo fastest in rainy practice at Chinese GP Updated: Apr-19-14 12:59 am
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested Updated: Apr-18-14 10:47 pm
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea disaster Updated: Apr-18-14 6:13 pm
- White House makes economics focus of Asia trip Updated: Apr-18-14 5:43 pm
- Military scales down, modifies Guam buildup plan Updated: Apr-18-14 5:26 pm
- N. Korea criticizes 'human rights racket' of US Updated: Apr-18-14 2:46 pm
- Japan to hunt fewer whales in Pacific this season Updated: Apr-18-14 8:43 am
- Ferrari introduces new team principal in Shanghai Updated: Apr-18-14 7:36 am
- Chinese trade group to mediate shoe factory strike Updated: Apr-18-14 7:28 am
- 7 die in shooting at China-Vietnam border Updated: Apr-18-14 7:25 am
- Transcript of conversation between ferry, shore Updated: Apr-18-14 6:16 am
- Asia stocks rise in abbreviated trading Updated: Apr-18-14 5:13 am
- Rep. Noem joining delegation to Asia-Pacific Updated: Apr-18-14 5:06 am
- Vice principal saved from Korea ferry found hanged Updated: Apr-18-14 4:58 am
- China says one-fifth of its farmland is polluted Updated: Apr-18-14 4:34 am
- Divers pumping air into submerged SKorean ship Updated: Apr-17-14 10:40 pm
- Grief in town of students missing in ferry sinking Updated: Apr-17-14 9:58 pm
- UN Security Council meets on rights in North Korea Updated: Apr-17-14 7:41 pm
- Gov. Matt Mead meets with Taiwanese officials Updated: Apr-17-14 6:29 pm
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport Updated: Apr-17-14 5:58 pm
- Tiny power plants hold promise for nuclear energy Updated: Apr-17-14 5:08 pm
- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- China factories face new challenge as growth slows Updated: Apr-17-14 9:52 am
PERTH, Australia - An underwater robotic submarine is expected to finish searching a narrowed down area of the Indian Ocean seabed for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane within the next week, after completing six missions and so far coming up empty, the search coordination center said Saturday.
Travelers at Asian airports have asked questions about the March 8 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Here are some of them, followed by answers.
SHANGHAI - Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo set the fastest time on a slippery track in the final practice session at the Chinese Grand Prix on Saturday as the other top drivers limited their running due to the wet weather.
MOKPO, South Korea - The captain of the ferry that sank off South Korea, leaving more than 300 missing or dead, was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of negligence and abandoning people in need - three of whom were seen lifeless in the drowned vessel by a diver who was unable to get them out.
SEOUL, South Korea - A prosecutor says the captain of the South Korean ferry that sank two days ago has been arrested.
WASHINGTON - The White House is focusing President Barack Obama's upcoming Asia-Pacific trip on the economic benefits of closer ties to the region, but regional security concerns are likely to be pushed higher on the president's agenda because of the tense situation between Russia and Ukraine.
HAGATNA, Guam - The military's revised proposal for a buildup on Guam calls for less population growth and locating a Marine Corps live-fire training range on an Air Force base instead of the site of an ancient village.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - A North Korean spokesman is blaming the United States and its allies for a "human rights racket" a day after the U.N. Security Council met to discuss a new report that accuses the reclusive communist regime of crimes against humanity.
TOKYO - Japan will target fewer whales when its Pacific hunt begins next week and will observe them in the Antarctic next season with the aim of resuming full-fledged commercial whaling, the fisheries minister said Friday.
SHANGHAI - Ferrari's new team principal, Marco Mattiacci, arrived at the Chinese Grand Prix on Friday wearing large sunglasses - on an overcast day.
BEIJING - Chinese police hauled away dozens of workers Friday to break up a march on a factory complex targeted by tens of thousands of laborers striking against the world's largest maker of athletic shoes, while a government trade union said it would mediate the labor dispute.
HANOI, Vietnam - A Chinese man who was being repatriated from Vietnam along with 15 other migrants seized a gun from a border guard on Friday, triggering a gunfight and standoff in which five Chinese and two Vietnamese guards died, Vietnam's government said.
SEOUL, South Korea - Following is the transcript released by the Ministry of Ocean and Fisheries of the conversation between Jeju Vessel Traffic Services Center (VTS) on Jeju Island and The Sewol, the ferry that sank on Wednesday. The original transcript is in Korean and the translation was done by The Associated Press. It starts off from the first distress call made by the ferry:
BEIJING - Asian stocks were mostly higher in trading muted by Good Friday observance.
WASHINGTON - South Dakota Republican Rep. Kristi Noem is headed to Asia with several other members of Congress.
SEOUL, South Korea - Police say a high school vice principal who had been rescued from a sinking South Korean ferry has been found hanging from a tree.
BEIJING - Faced with growing public anger about a poisonous environment, China's government released a yearslong study that shows nearly one-fifth of the country's farmland is contaminated with toxic metals, a stunning indictment of unfettered industrialization under the Communist Party's authoritarian rule.
MOKPO, South Korea - Coast guard officials say divers have begun pumping air into a submerged South Korean ship 48 hours after it listed and sank. But it wasn't immediately clear if the air was for survivors or for a salvage operation.
ANSAN, South Korea - The most poignant reminders of what's been lost here are the most ordinary.
UNITED NATIONS - The head of the commission of inquiry that accused North Korea of crimes against humanity told the U.N. Security Council on Thursday that it must take action against "a totalitarian state without parallel in the contemporary world," and he told reporters that most council members "expressly said" the matter should be referred to the International Criminal Court.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead has met with Taiwanese officials in Cheyenne and says he looks forward to building greater trade and cooperation with the island nation that has a powerful hunger for Wyoming coal.
LOS ANGELES - An Airbus A380 superjumbo jet hit two light poles while taxiing to its gate at Los Angeles International Airport with hundreds of passengers aboard.
PARIS - Small underground nuclear power plants that could be cheaper to build than their behemoth counterparts may herald the future for an energy industry under intense scrutiny since the Fukushima disaster, the incoming head of the Nuclear Energy Agency told The Associated Press.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
HONG KONG - As China's growth inexorably slows, manufacturers such as Linan Meite Cable are discovering that being an efficient low-cost producer is no longer enough to prosper.