- Asian stocks tumble on weak China, Japan data Updated: Mar-10-14 1:17 am
- Nepal steps up security to stop Tibetan protests Updated: Mar-10-14 1:14 am
- In China, brutality yields confessions of graft Updated: Mar-10-14 12:50 am
- NKorea: Not a single vote cast against Kim Jong Un Updated: Mar-10-14 12:38 am
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet Updated: Mar-09-14 11:33 pm
- Japan has record deficit, lowers growth estimate Updated: Mar-09-14 9:50 pm
- Family of Texas man on flight comforted by faith Updated: Mar-09-14 9:45 pm
- US-based firm's workers on plane headed to meeting Updated: Mar-09-14 3:41 pm
- Park wins 1st of year in duel over Pettersen Updated: Mar-09-14 2:23 pm
- Behind jet's passenger list is rich human tapestry Updated: Mar-09-14 9:47 am
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary Updated: Mar-09-14 4:31 am
- Urawa removes discriminatory banner from stadium Updated: Mar-09-14 1:11 am
- NKoreans cast votes, but govt decides for whom Updated: Mar-08-14 11:23 pm
- China's inflation rate eases to 2 pct in February Updated: Mar-08-14 10:25 pm
- China to tighten rules against pollution Updated: Mar-08-14 10:04 pm
- Japan's Takanashi wins ski jump Updated: Mar-08-14 12:35 pm
- State Department: 3 Americans on missing plane Updated: Mar-08-14 10:02 am
- Sanfrecce Hiroshima beats Kawasaki 2-1 in J-League Updated: Mar-08-14 7:56 am
- Sweden beats US 1-0, ends 43-game unbeaten streak Updated: Mar-08-14 4:39 am
- China defiant on territory claims, demands respect Updated: Mar-08-14 3:10 am
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup Updated: Mar-08-14 2:32 am
- China's February exports down 18 percent Updated: Mar-08-14 12:22 am
- Report: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane Updated: Mar-07-14 11:10 pm
- PBS' O'Brien says he'll be OK after losing arm Updated: Mar-07-14 8:47 pm
- Lagerfeld to design Macau hotel Updated: Mar-07-14 2:30 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Asian stock markets sank Monday, battered by weak Chinese trade and a reduced estimate for Japan's economic growth. Shares in Malaysia Airlines tumbled on news of the weekend disappearance of one its jets enroute to Beijing.
KATMANDU, Nepal - Hundreds of riot police stepped up security Monday near the Chinese embassy, visa office and areas in Nepalese capital where Tibetan refugees live to stop any protests to mark the anniversary of a failed 1959 uprising against Chinese rule in Tibet.
LILING, China - The local Chinese official remembers the panic he felt in Room 109. He had refused to confess to bribery he says he didn't commit, and his Communist Party interrogators were forcing his legs apart.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - With no one else on the ballot, state media reported Monday that supreme leader Kim Jong Un was not only elected to the highest legislative body in North Korea, he won with the unanimous approval of his district, which had 100 percent turnout.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Vietnamese searchers on ships worked throughout the night but could not find a rectangle object spotted Sunday afternoon that was thought to be one of the doors of a Malaysia Airlines passenger jet that went missing more than two days ago.
TOKYO - Japan racked up a record current account deficit in January, and lowered its growth estimate for the October-December quarter Monday in the latest sign of hardships for the world's third-largest economy.
KELLER, Texas - The brothers of a North Texas man who was aboard the Malaysia Airlines flight that went missing over the South China Sea said Sunday their family is leaning on faith and holding out hope for good news about the man they last saw about a week ago.
AUSTIN, Texas - Twenty employees of an Austin-based technology company on board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight were en route to a business meeting in China, a spokeswoman for the tech firm said Sunday.
HAIKOU, China - Inbee Park captured her first win of the year in a battle between No. 1 and No. 2 in women's golf at the World Ladies Championship.
BANGKOK - Numbered 1 to 227, the passenger manifest for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet is an outwardly unremarkable document.
TOKYO - Banging on drums and waving "Sayonara nukes" signs, thousands of people rallied in a Tokyo park and marched to Parliament on Sunday to demand an end to nuclear power ahead of the third anniversary of the Fukushima disaster.
TOKYO - Japanese club Urawa Reds have removed a banner from their home stadium over fears the sign could be considered racist.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korean voters are going to polling stations to elect a new national legislature, although they don't get to choose who to vote for since there is only one candidate per district.
BEIJING - China's inflation rate eased in February to 2 percent year-on-year amid signs the world's second-largest economy might be cooling.
BEIJING - China will tighten environmental legislation and force polluters to pay compensation following renewed blasts of toxic air, the country's top legislator said Sunday.
OSLO, Norway - Japan teenage ski jumper Sara Takanashi won her 13th World Cup of the season at Holmenkollen on Saturday.
WASHINGTON - The State Department confirms that three Americans were aboard the Malaysia Airlines jet that vanished Saturday.
HIROSHIMA, Japan - Tsukasa Shiotani scored a last-minute freekick to give defending champion Sanfrecce Hiroshima a 2-1 home win over Kawasaki Frontale in the J-League on Saturday.
The U.S. women's soccer team's two-year unbeaten streak ended at 43 games Friday with a 1-0 loss to Sweden and former coach Pia Sundhage at the Algarve Cup in Albufiera, Portugal.
BEIJING - China will never make concessions in territorial disputes with its neighbors, while good relations with the U.S. depend on Washington respecting Beijing's sovereignty claims, Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Saturday.
TOKYO - There is something surprising in the radioactive wreck that is the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant: opportunity. To clean it up, Japan will have to develop technology and expertise that any nation with a nuclear reactor will one day need.
BEIJING - China's exports plunged by an unexpectedly large 18 percent in February, possibly denting hopes trade will help drive the slowing economy while communist leaders push ambitious promised reforms.
BEIJING - Vietnamese media reported that authorities have detected signals from a missing Malaysia Airlines flight off the southwestern coast of Vietnam on Saturday, hours after the flight went missing during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
NEW YORK - Three weeks after losing much of his left arm, science correspondent Miles O'Brien appeared on the "PBS NewsHour" to declare "I'll be OK" and to announce he had tied his necktie Friday morning.
BEIJING - Karl Lagerfeld and a Macau casino operator announced plans Friday for the Chanel designer to create his first hotel.