- Mandela, anti-apartheid icon, mourned world over Updated: Dec-06-13 4:15 am
- Bomb kills 1 outside mosque in southwest Pakistan Updated: Dec-05-13 8:59 am
- US envoy: Afghan president unchanged on troop deal Updated: Dec-05-13 7:52 am
- Bollywood star to face new trial in 2002 case Updated: Dec-05-13 5:25 am
- Indian food vendors get lessons in hygiene Updated: Dec-05-13 1:58 am
- Millions of New Delhi residents vote in city polls Updated: Dec-04-13 6:37 am
- India refuses to budge on subsidies at WTO talks Updated: Dec-04-13 4:53 am
- US stops shipping from Afghanistan during protests Updated: Dec-03-13 6:02 pm
- New Pakistani Taliban chief returns to lead group Updated: Dec-03-13 2:58 pm
- French group: Sri Lankan military killed 17 in '06 Updated: Dec-03-13 2:41 pm
- US: Patience with Sri Lanka could 'wear thin' Updated: Dec-03-13 2:09 pm
- Nico Hulkenberg back at F1 team Force India Updated: Dec-03-13 10:54 am
- Man suspected in Sikh killing is arrested in India Updated: Dec-03-13 8:37 am
- Suspected Maoist rebels kill 7 in eastern India Updated: Dec-03-13 7:58 am
- Nepal's oldest party won most seats, not majority Updated: Dec-03-13 7:22 am
- 5 new things about President Obama Updated: Dec-02-13 12:23 pm
- Police officer killed in rebel attack in Kashmir Updated: Dec-02-13 5:20 am
- Indian craft leaves Earth's orbit on way to Mars Updated: Dec-01-13 3:50 am
- 11 killed, 34 injured in Nepal bus accident Updated: Dec-01-13 1:37 am
- Militants kill 3 security troops in NW Pakistan Updated: Dec-01-13 1:17 am
- Indian editor arrested in sexual assault case Updated: Nov-30-13 11:10 am
- Pakistan PM in Kabul discusses Taliban Updated: Nov-30-13 10:34 am
- Cyclist brings Tibetan rights campaign to India Updated: Nov-30-13 7:58 am
- Indian growth picks up, still weak at 4.8 percent Updated: Nov-29-13 10:49 am
- Bangladesh strikes make working a dangerous move Updated: Nov-29-13 4:43 am
In nearly seven decades spent fighting for freedom and equality, Nelson Mandela inspired and challenged the world to stand up for others. As word of Mandela's death spread, current and former presidents, athletes and entertainers, and people around the world spoke about the life and legacy of the former South African leader.
CHAMAN, Pakistan - Police say a bomb has exploded outside a mosque in southwest Pakistan, killing at least one person.
KABUL, Afghanistan - The U.S. special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan said Thursday that Afghan President Hamid Karzai still refuses to sign a security deal with the United States until after next April's elections.
NEW DELHI - Indian movie star Salman Khan will face a fresh trial on a homicide charge for a fatal road accident more than 11 years ago.
NEW DELHI - The millions of food vendors peddling tasty morsels from roadside stalls and rickshaws across India have long been an emblem of the country's boisterous, chaotic spirit.
NEW DELHI - Millions of residents of India's capital lined up Wednesday to cast their ballots in city polls that are expected to serve as an indication of how Indians will vote in next year's national elections.
BALI, Indonesia - Chances of a breakthrough in global trade negotiations dimmed Wednesday as India refused to budge on food subsidies that are an obstacle to an eleventh-hour agreement at a World Trade Organization summit.
WASHINGTON - The United States said Tuesday it had stopped shipments of military equipment out of Afghanistan, citing the risk to truckers from protests along part of the route in neighboring Pakistan.
ISLAMABAD - The new leader of the Pakistani Taliban has returned to the country from Afghanistan to lead the militant group a month after the former chief was killed in a U.S. drone strike, Pakistani intelligence officials said Tuesday.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - A French aid group accused Sri Lankan security forces on Tuesday of executing 17 of its local employees in 2006 during the country's civil war, and said the government has protected the killers.
WASHINGTON - International patience could wear thin with Sri Lanka unless it takes action to address allegations of atrocities during the island nation's civil war, the top U.S. diplomat for South Asia said Tuesday.
SILVERSTONE, England - Nico Hulkenberg says he is returning to Formula One team Force India for the 2014 season.
SACRAMENTO, California - A fugitive who escaped arrest after allegedly gunning down a 26-year-old man at a Sikh sports festival in Sacramento County five years ago has been arrested in India.
PATNA, India - Suspected Maoist rebels detonated a roadside bomb in eastern India on Tuesday, killing six police officers and their driver, police said.
KATMANDU, Nepal - Nepal's oldest political party won the most seats in last month's national elections, final results showed Tuesday, but the outcome was not seen as a breakthrough in a country in the grips of political deadlock.
WASHINGTON - The man who lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is more than just another celebrity, or the famous face behind the government's troubled health care website. Here are five new things about President Barack Obama:
SRINAGAR, India - Police in Indian-controlled Kashmir say suspected rebels attacked a group of police, killing a senior counterinsurgency officer and wounding three others.
NEW DELHI - India's Mars orbiter mission left Earth's sphere of influence early Sunday after performing a maneuver to put it on its way to orbit the red planet.
KATMANDU, Nepal - A bus has veered off a mountain road in western Nepal, killing 11 people and injuring 34.
ISLAMABAD - Pakistani Intelligence officials say gunmen attacked a security convoy near a checkpoint in a tribal region close to the Afghan border, killing three soldiers and injuring two others.
PANAJI, India - The editor of an Indian magazine known for exposing abuses of power was arrested Saturday in a sexual assault case that has fueled fresh outrage over the treatment of women in the country, police said.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Pakistan's prime minister said Saturday that the recent release of a senior Taliban leader shows he is committed to helping bring peace to Afghanistan.
DHARMSALA, India - A 42-year-old Tibetan has arrived at the headquarters of the government-in-exile in India after cycling through Europe and Asia in a campaign protesting China's heavy-handed rule in the Himalayan region.
MUMBAI, India - India's economic growth rose to a higher-than-expected 4.8 percent in the quarter that ended in September, the government said Friday, a boost to those hoping that Asia's third-largest economy has turned a corner after recently clocking its slowest expansion in 10 years.
DHAKA, Bangladesh - The rickshaw driver was approaching an intersection in Bangladesh's capital when two men stopped his vehicle, doused it with gasoline and set it ablaze. The reason: He had gone to work.