- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet Updated: Mar-10-14 3:05 am
- Asian stocks tumble on weak China, Japan data Updated: Mar-10-14 1:17 am
- Family of Texas man on flight comforted by faith Updated: Mar-09-14 9:45 pm
- Lack of passport checks expose air security flaw Updated: Mar-09-14 6:18 pm
- US-based firm's workers on plane headed to meeting Updated: Mar-09-14 3:41 pm
- Obama adviser: Too early on cause of downed plane Updated: Mar-09-14 10:08 am
- Behind jet's passenger list is rich human tapestry Updated: Mar-09-14 9:47 am
- US to assist in Malaysia air crash investigation Updated: Mar-08-14 10:55 pm
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared Updated: Mar-08-14 8:11 pm
- 2 on missing Malaysia jet used stolen EU passports Updated: Mar-08-14 2:26 pm
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search Updated: Mar-08-14 12:04 pm
- State Department: 3 Americans on missing plane Updated: Mar-08-14 10:02 am
- Boeing 777: 1 of the most popular, safest jets Updated: Mar-08-14 12:22 am
- Report: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane Updated: Mar-07-14 11:10 pm
- Malaysia appeal court finds Anwar guilty of sodomy Updated: Mar-07-14 2:26 pm
- Army checkpoints in Bangkok get flowery makeover Updated: Mar-07-14 10:59 am
- Malaysia bans Ultraman book over use of Allah Updated: Mar-07-14 9:32 am
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid Updated: Mar-07-14 12:55 am
- Thailand told to probe navy over trafficking claim Updated: Mar-07-14 12:26 am
- Philippine town vice mayor freed by kidnappers Updated: Mar-06-14 10:40 pm
- Va. ag, forestry exports hit record $2.85b in 2013 Updated: Mar-06-14 12:37 pm
- CEO of bitcoin exchange found dead in Singapore Updated: Mar-06-14 11:40 am
- Indonesian Muslim clerics back wildlife protection Updated: Mar-06-14 9:14 am
- Brunei sultan urges country to support Islamic law Updated: Mar-06-14 6:25 am
- Anthony named AP's Asia-Pacific news director Updated: Mar-05-14 11:56 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Dozens of ships and aircraft have failed to find any piece of the missing Boeing 777 jet that vanished more than two days ago above waters south of Vietnam as investigators pursued "every angle" to explain its disappearance, including hijacking, Malaysia's civil aviation chief said Monday.
MANILA, Philippines - Asian stock markets sank Monday, battered by weak Chinese trade and a reduced estimate for Japan's economic growth. Shares in Malaysia Airlines tumbled on news of the weekend disappearance of one its jets enroute to Beijing.
KELLER, Texas - The brothers of a North Texas man who was aboard the Malaysia Airlines flight that went missing over the South China Sea said Sunday their family is leaning on faith and holding out hope for good news about the man they last saw about a week ago.
PARIS - When you travel, airport security agents may pat you down, inspect your deodorant and scan your body from head to toe. But there's a good chance that no one's checking whether you're using someone's lost or stolen passport.
AUSTIN, Texas - Twenty employees of an Austin-based technology company on board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight were en route to a business meeting in China, a spokeswoman for the tech firm said Sunday.
WASHINGTON - White House Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken says that it is too early to tell whether foul play was a factor in the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines flight.
BANGKOK - Numbered 1 to 227, the passenger manifest for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet is an outwardly unremarkable document.
WASHINGTON - Federal safety officials say a team of experts is en route to Asia to be ready to assist in the investigation of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner that disappeared with 239 people on board.
NEW YORK - The most dangerous parts of a flight are takeoff and landing. Rarely do incidents happen when a plane is cruising seven miles above the earth.
MILAN - Foreign ministry officials in Rome and Vienna confirmed Saturday that names of two nationals listed on the manifest of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight match passports reported stolen in Thailand.
WASHINGTON - The Navy says it has dispatched a warship to aid in the search for a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner.
WASHINGTON - The State Department confirms that three Americans were aboard the Malaysia Airlines jet that vanished Saturday.
NEW YORK - The Boeing 777 flown by Malaysia Airlines that disappeared Saturday morning over the South China Sea is one of the world's most popular - and safest - jets.
BEIJING - Vietnamese media reported that authorities have detected signals from a missing Malaysia Airlines flight off the southwestern coast of Vietnam on Saturday, hours after the flight went missing during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A Malaysian court on Friday sentenced opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim to five years in jail on sodomy charges, overturning an earlier acquittal and throwing his political career into jeopardy.
BANGKOK - Military checkpoints set up in Thailand's capital to keep security during the country's political unrest are getting a makeover in a bid to project a kinder, gentler image, the army said Friday.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia has banned an Ultraman comic book because it uses the word "Allah" to describe the Japanese action hero.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A Malaysian court has sentenced a couple to death by hanging for murdering their 26-year-old Indonesian housemaid three years ago, a lawyer said Friday.
BANGKOK - A leading international rights group called on Thai authorities Friday to investigate the navy's alleged role in the trafficking of desperate migrants from Myanmar instead of charging journalists for reporting on the subject.
MANILA, Philippines - A southern Philippine town vice mayor who was reportedly abducted outside a shopping mall earlier this week has been released, police said Friday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia farm and forestry exports reached a record $2.85 billion last year, with soybeans leading the way and China the prime destination.
SINGAPORE - The American CEO of a virtual currency exchange was found dead near her home in Singapore.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesia's highest Islamic body has issued a religious edict declaring that the hunting and trading of endangered species are immoral, an official said Thursday.
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, Brunei - Brunei's ruling sultan on Thursday hit back at foreign criticism of the looming implementation of a form of Islamic Shariah law that includes harsh penalties, saying the new penal code was a "great achievement" for the country.
NEW YORK - Ted Anthony, an award-winning journalist who has reported from 20 countries and pioneered innovative cross-platform story-telling at The Associated Press, has been named Asia-Pacific news director for the news cooperative.