- Meeting in El Salvador on Cuban migrants ends in squabbling Updated: Nov-24-15 10:39 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - A meeting between Central American officials and their counterparts from Ecuador, Colombia and Cuba broke down in squabbling Tuesday over how to deal with the problem of thousands of Cuban migrants stranded in Costa Rica.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Nov-24-15 8:31 pm
The Dallas Morning News. Nov. 23, 2015.
- Official: Moise, Celestin top 2 finalists in Haiti election Updated: Nov-24-15 7:40 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The top two finishers in Haiti's first-round presidential election are government-backed candidate Jovenel Moise and former state construction chief Jude Celestin, officials said Tuesday. They are scheduled to compete in a runoff vote on Dec. 27.
- Federal judge sentences man in Jamaican lottery scam Updated: Nov-24-15 7:30 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A federal judge in North Dakota sentenced a Jamaican man to 20 years in prison on Tuesday for a lottery scam that authorities say cost victims around the country millions of dollars.
- Texas' Abbott will be next US governor to visit Cuba Updated: Nov-24-15 7:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced Tuesday that he will travel to Cuba after the Thanksgiving holiday, becoming the latest U.S. governor to pursue economic development possibilities with the island nation amid easing trade restrictions.
- No. 10 Gonzaga heads field of rivals at Battle 4 Atlantis Updated: Nov-24-15 2:51 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - No one had to explain to Texas coach Shaka Smart about what to expect in this week's Battle 4 Atlantis tournament.
- ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons readies 'Perfectamundo' solo tour Updated: Nov-24-15 2:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - For those who have not heard his Latin-infused solo debut "Perfectamundo," Billy Gibbons offers this warning, "For the uninitiated I'll leave it with one word: Beware."
- In Cuba, searching for a lost past and finding a family Updated: Nov-24-15 12:28 pm
HAVANA - I was born in the United States, but my family never let me forget that we're Cuban.
- US tourist run over in Puerto Rico after graffiti incident Updated: Nov-24-15 11:27 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Police in Puerto Rico say a 27-year-old tourist from Kentucky has died after being hit by a car while running away from a graffiti mural he was painting.
- Social media helps drive historic Cuban exodus to US Updated: Nov-23-15 11:09 pm
PENAS BLANCAS, Costa Rica - As summer began to bake the central Cuban city of Sancti Spiritus, Elio Alvarez and Lideisy Hernandez sold their tiny apartment and everything in it for $5,000 and joined the largest migration from their homeland in decades.
- 2015 AP Northeast Inland All-District Team Updated: Nov-23-15 7:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2015 Associated Press Northeast Inland All-District football team, as selected by a media panel from the district:
- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- Miami's Rodriguez looks up to Puerto Rican NBA point guards Updated: Nov-23-15 12:50 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Miami's Angel Rodriguez left Puerto Rico at 15 for the U.S. mainland to play high school basketball and chase a college scholarship.
- Keene man injured in Caribbean boating accident Updated: Nov-23-15 4:41 am
KEENE, New Hampshire - Police say a Keene man was seriously injured in a boating accident in the Caribbean.
- Miami beats No. 22 Butler 85-75 to win Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-23-15 1:05 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Angel Rodriguez stood on the court, wearing both a big smile and the flag of his native Puerto Rico around his shoulders as he celebrated with Miami teammates.
- Almonte lifts Aguilas Cibaenas past Cardenales de Lara Updated: Nov-23-15 12:10 am
MIAMI - Zoilo Almonte broke a tie with a two-run single in the top of the ninth inning to lead Aguilas Cibaenas to a 4-3 victory over Cardenales de Lara on Sunday night in the championship game of the inaugural Serie de las Americas professional baseball tournament at Marlins Park.
- Miami beats No. 22 Butler 85-75 to win Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-22-15 11:25 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Butler's Kellen Dunham couldn't get anything going for the third straight half before he finally found his shot against Miami.
- No. 16 Utah tops Temple 74-68 in for 3rd in Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-22-15 8:13 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Jakob Poeltl was a force inside for No. 16 Utah. And he got some help from Brandon Taylor at a key moment.
- Tigres del Licey beats Navegantes de Magallanes 4-2 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:53 pm
MIAMI - Rymer Liriano hit a tiebreaking RBI double in the ninth inning, and Tigres del Licey of the Dominican Republic Winter League beat Navegantes de Magallanes of the Venezuelan Winter League 4-2 in an exhibition on the second day of the inaugural Serie de las Americas on Sunday at Marlins Park.
- Texas Tech beats Minnesota 81-68 in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-22-15 6:08 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith didn't want to make a big deal out of facing his former Minnesota program.
- Mississippi State beats Missouri State 84-70 in Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-22-15 3:03 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Ben Howland finally got his wish for Mississippi State to play with a halftime lead. Now he wants the Bulldogs to do a better job protecting that margin when they've got it.
- 3 Syrians detained in St. Maarten, 1 stopped in Honduras Updated: Nov-21-15 5:40 pm
PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - Three Syrians traveling with fake Greek passports are being held in the Dutch Caribbean island of St. Maarten, authorities said, while officials in the Central American nation of Honduras reported detaining a Syrian and two Pakistanis traveling by bus Saturday.
- No. 22 Butler beats Temple 74-69 in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-20-15 10:59 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Chris Holtmann finally got to see how his Butler team would handle a game when the offense wasn't run-run-running its way to big scoring totals.
- No. 16 Utah loses 90-66 to Miami in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-20-15 10:57 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Larry Krystkowiak didn't sound all that bothered by the defense for No. 16 Utah in a blowout loss to Miami.
- Miami rolls past No. 16 Utah 90-66 in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-20-15 10:39 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Two games into the Puerto Rico Tipoff, Miami's veteran bunch is knocking down shots, converting turnovers into important baskets and romping to blowout victories with ease.