- Scheidt, Bruno win Star Sailors League regatta Updated: Dec-07-13 10:38 pm
- Puerto Rico police say US tourist drowns Updated: Dec-07-13 7:13 pm
- Dominican Republic rejects human rights report Updated: Dec-07-13 3:02 pm
- Cuba reforms seen as changing ideals, values Updated: Dec-07-13 11:29 am
- Danny Glover feted in Bahamas, recalls Mandela Updated: Dec-07-13 11:01 am
- Deal to boost global trade reached at WTO summit Updated: Dec-06-13 11:04 pm
- Cuban Jewish leaders visit jailed US subcontractor Updated: Dec-06-13 5:29 pm
- Report: Swells affected Puerto Rico glowing lagoon Updated: Dec-06-13 5:25 pm
- Haiti protest derides Dominican court ruling Updated: Dec-06-13 3:37 pm
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Martinique politician Pierre Aliker dies at 106 Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 am
- Brother: Co-pilot worried before Puerto Rico crash Updated: Dec-05-13 4:09 pm
- Calle 13 singer says Palestinians like Puerto Rico Updated: Dec-05-13 4:04 pm
- UN asks Dominican Republic to restore nationality Updated: Dec-05-13 12:40 pm
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti Updated: Dec-05-13 12:16 pm
- Algerians sent home from Guantanamo against will Updated: Dec-05-13 11:47 am
- No. 14 Villanova remains perfect, tops Penn 77-54 Updated: Dec-04-13 11:35 pm
- Jamaica scientist launches medical marijuana firm Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 pm
- US will no longer report Guantanamo Hunger strikes Updated: Dec-04-13 2:10 pm
- Puerto Ricans honor Paul Walker, cause chaos Updated: Dec-04-13 10:40 am
- US man marks 4 years in Cuban prison, writes Obama Updated: Dec-03-13 9:38 pm
- Somber tales of deadly voyage by Haitian migrants Updated: Dec-03-13 7:07 pm
- Europe rights court hearing on secret CIA prisons Updated: Dec-03-13 9:37 am
- Reggae singer Junior Murvin dies in Jamaica Updated: Dec-02-13 4:22 pm
- Correction: Jamaica-Warheads Seized story Updated: Dec-01-13 7:28 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico police say a 30-year-old tourist from Minnesota has died while snorkeling off the island's north coast.
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - The Dominican Republic on Saturday rejected a human rights report that accuses the government of discrimination following a court ruling that could strip the citizenship of thousands of people born to migrants living there illegally.
HAVANA - It's not dog-eat-dog. Not just yet.
NASSAU, Bahamas - Actor Danny Glover has received a Career Achievement Award in the Bahamas as he reflected on the role he played as Nelson Mandela while the South African leader was still in prison.
BALI, Indonesia - A deal to boost global trade has been approved by all 159 member economies of the World Trade Organization for the first time in nearly two decades.
HAVANA - Cuban Jewish leaders said Friday that they celebrated Hanukkah with imprisoned U.S. government subcontractor Alan Gross this week, two days after he marked four years in custody.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A popular lagoon that glows at night off Puerto Rico's northeast coast has lit up once again as scientists wrap up their investigation into why it went dark last month, officials said Friday.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Hundreds of protesters gathered Friday to criticize a recent court decision in the Dominican Republic that could strip the citizenship of generations of people of Haitian descent living in the neighboring country.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
PARIS - Pierre Aliker, a politician who fought for independence from French rule for his native Caribbean island of Martinique for over half a century, has died at age 106.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A U.S. co-pilot who died this week in a small plane crash near Puerto Rico's north coast had previously expressed concerns about maintenance and other safety issues, his brother said Thursday.
BETHLEHEM, West Bank - The frontman for the Grammy-winning Puerto Rican hip-hop outfit Calle 13 said Thursday that he sees similarities between the political situation of Palestinians and those of his own people.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The United Nations is asking the Dominican Republic to quickly restore the nationality of individuals affected by a recent court decision that could revoke the citizenship of tens of thousands of people.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - A major international airline carrier is introducing flights to Haiti.
MIAMI - Two men who had been held without charge at the Guantanamo Bay for more than a decade have been sent back to their native Algeria against their will as part of a renewed effort to gradually close the prison, officials said Thursday.
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - Villanova returned from the Bahamas with three wins, a trophy and a national ranking.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A prominent Jamaican scientist and entrepreneur is launching a company that aims to capitalize on medical marijuana, a growing global industry that he asserted Wednesday could be a boon for the island's chronically limping economy.
MIAMI - The U.S. military will no longer disclose to the media and public whether prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are on hunger strike, a spokesman said Wednesday, eliminating what had long been an unofficial barometer of conditions at the secretive military outpost.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico police have issued more than 100 tickets to drivers who organized a caravan to honor "Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker and created massive traffic jams across the island's capital.
WASHINGTON - An American man who is marking four years in prison in Cuba has written a letter to President Barack Obama asking the president to get personally involved in securing his release.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - An exhausted Justin Desamour stepped off a plane Tuesday with cuts up and down his slender arm, relieved to be back in his homeland but haunted by his fresh memories of a disastrous journey.
STRASBOURG, France - Europe's human rights court shone a rare public light Tuesday on the secret network of European prisons that the CIA used to interrogate terror suspects, reviving memories and questions about the "extraordinary renditions" that angered many on this continent.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Reggae singer Junior Murvin, best known for the hit song "Police and Thieves," has died in Jamaica.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - In a Nov. 29 story about the seizure of ammunition in Jamaica, The Associated Press reported erroneously that authorities had seized 3,300 missile warheads. Jamaica's government says the materials that police referred to as "warheads" are used to make bullets for handguns.