- Man linked to drug cartel faces Calif. sentencing Updated: Dec-06-13 4:16 am
- Scott touring Miami port dredging operation Updated: Dec-06-13 3:05 am
- Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt Updated: Dec-05-13 9:56 pm
- Mexico slaying suspect was in Calif. jail 4 months Updated: Dec-05-13 9:26 pm
- Crystal leader expects 'price crisis' to continue Updated: Dec-05-13 8:26 pm
- Nicaragua shootout raises specter of guerrillas Updated: Dec-05-13 7:52 pm
- Lawyers: Charges against ex-governor baseless Updated: Dec-05-13 7:52 pm
- Judge considers drafting lawyer for murder case Updated: Dec-05-13 3:57 pm
- 1 ½ tons of cocaine seized in crackdown Updated: Dec-05-13 3:48 pm
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- Nicaragua canal promoter to build Ukraine ports Updated: Dec-05-13 7:47 am
- NBA game in Mexico City postponed Updated: Dec-04-13 11:27 pm
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico Updated: Dec-04-13 10:43 pm
- Honduras holds off presidential vote recount Updated: Dec-04-13 10:07 pm
- Class helps immigrants prep for citizenship test Updated: Dec-04-13 10:13 am
- Mexico Senate approves major political reforms Updated: Dec-04-13 2:02 am
- Spurs, Timberwolves to play in Mexico City Updated: Dec-03-13 10:14 pm
- Guatemala detains 21 in money laundering case Updated: Dec-03-13 10:13 pm
- El Salvador looks at ex-president, Taiwan donation Updated: Dec-03-13 8:40 pm
- Mexico receives letter from drug capo sought by US Updated: Dec-03-13 7:58 pm
- 2-time Mexico presidential candidate hospitalized Updated: Dec-03-13 3:51 pm
- Honduran computer 'geeks' check election tally Updated: Dec-03-13 3:47 pm
- Phoenix moving to boost trade, tourism with Mexico Updated: Dec-03-13 2:21 pm
- Costa Rica closes probe into 1984 bombing Updated: Dec-02-13 7:41 pm
- Former Mexico border state official indicted in US Updated: Dec-02-13 7:19 pm
SAN DIEGO - The man faces sentencing Friday after pleading guilty to attempted murder in what authorities say was a plot to kill a couple in Southern California, in a case that highlights the reach of Mexican traffickers.
MIAMI - Gov. Rick Scott is touring the dredging operation at Miami's port that is geared to handle larger ships soon to be passing through a widened Panama Canal.
MEXICO CITY - Officials were engaged Thursday in the delicate task of recovering a stolen shipment of highly radioactive cobalt-60 abandoned in a rural field in central Mexico state.
SACRAMENTO, California - A man wanted in the slayings of eight Mexican municipal government officials was held in a California jail for four months on drug charges, officials said Thursday, but overcrowding forced his release before authorities made a connection to the 13-year-old killings.
FARGO, North Dakota - The annual meeting of American Crystal Sugar Co. on Thursday highlighted the company's 40th year as a farmer-owned cooperative, but there was little cause for celebration among shareholders.
MANAGUA, Nicaragua - A rare shootout between police and an armed group that left 10 people dead in northern Nicaragua has fueled suspicions that guerrillas are forming to challenge President Daniel Ortega's government.
MEXICO CITY - The charges against a former Mexican governor accused in the United States of money laundering and drug trafficking are based on false accusations by people trying to bargain with U.S. prosecutors, his lawyers said Thursday.
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A judge is considering whether she can require an attorney to involuntarily represent a murder defendant whose death-penalty case has been stalled in Yavapai County Superior Court by a lack of a second defense lawyer.
SAN DIEGO - Authorities have seized more than 3,000 pounds of cocaine in a three-year crackdown on a nationwide drug trafficking operation centered near the California-Mexico border.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
BEIJING - The Chinese businessman best known for winning a contract to build a canal across Nicaragua announced he will spearhead a $3 billion joint venture to construct a deep-water port and refurbish the Sevastopol port on Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
MEXICO CITY - A missing shipment of radioactive cobalt-60 was found Wednesday near where the stolen truck transporting the material was abandoned in central Mexico, the country's nuclear safety director said.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Honduras' electoral court says it has held off a recount of vote tally sheets from the Nov. 24 presidential election after representatives of the losing party failed to show up.
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Federico Sanchez burst into the classroom in a flurry of excitement.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Senate has passed the most dramatic political reform attempt in decades that would allow re-election of federal legislators, create new election oversight and make the Attorney General's office independent from the executive.
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemalan authorities say they have detained 21 people who allegedly laundered money for Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartel led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - El Salvador's president has asked the attorney general to investigate a $10 million donation that Taiwan made 10 years ago to the Salvadoran government during the administration of then-President Francisco Flores.
MEXICO CITY - Fugitive drug lord Rafael Caro Quintero sent a letter to the Mexican government asking officials not to give in to the United States' demand for his capture and extradition to try him for the 1985 killing of a U.S. federal agent.
MEXICO CITY - Two-time Mexican presidential challenger Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador suffered a heart attack Tuesday that required surgery, but he was reported in stable condition.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Four Honduran computer programmers watching their country's dispute over the vote count in the hotly contested presidential race decided to check the results themselves, using the power of the Internet and its many users.
PHOENIX - Phoenix plans to establish a trade and tourism presence in Mexico City.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - An investigation of the 1984 bombing that killed three journalists and four Nicaraguan rebels at a news conference has been closed after officials determined the only suspect died more than two decades ago, Costa Rica's attorney general said Monday.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - U.S. prosecutors in Texas announced Monday that they've charged the former governor of the Mexican state of Tamaulipas for allegedly accepting bribes from a drug cartel and taking part in drug trafficking.