- Bodies of 8 slain men found dumped in southeastern Mexico Updated: Nov-28-15 5:21 pm
MEXICO CITY - Authorities in Mexico say the bodies of eight slain men have been found dumped in a southeastern town.
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun Updated: Nov-28-15 3:32 pm
CANCUN, Mexico - Azura Stevens scored 19 points and No. 15 Duke dominated Texas State 85-34 at the Cancun Challenge on Saturday.
- Sandra weakens to tropical storm in Pacific off Mexico Updated: Nov-28-15 1:48 am
MIAMI - Tropical Storm Sandra is weakening as it approaches Mexico's Pacific coast.
- Mexico's longest-running TV show, 'En Familia,' to end Updated: Nov-27-15 9:40 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's longest-running TV show is set to end, marking the demise of a strange genre of Mexican TV comedy that featured adults - often very old - dressed up as children.
- Mexican basketball suspended by FIBA; Olympics in jeopardy Updated: Nov-27-15 7:18 pm
MEXICO CITY - The Mexican basketball federation was suspended by world governing body FIBA on Friday because of the national government's interference in how the sport is run.
- Mexico issues pollution alert for Mexico's Bacalar lagoon Updated: Nov-27-15 6:57 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's environmental protection agency has issued an "urgent" call for local authorities to stop sewage and waste discharges into the Yucatan Peninsula's coastal, fresh-water lake of Bacalar.
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State Updated: Nov-27-15 4:07 pm
CANCUN, Mexico - Oderah Chidom had 12 points with 11 rebounds and No. 15 Duke cruised to an 86-48 victory over Iowa State at the Cancun Challenge on Friday.
- Landing gear collapses as jetliner lands in Mexico City Updated: Nov-26-15 11:38 pm
MEXICO CITY - A landing gear on a Boeing 737 of the Mexican airline Magnicharters partially collapsed as the plane landed at Mexico City's international airport Thursday evening, but no one was injured, authorities said.
- El Salvadoran church suspends priest in sex abuse case Updated: Nov-26-15 10:46 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - El Salvador's Roman Catholic Church announced Thursday it has suspended a well-known priest, saying he acknowledged sexually abusing a young girl.
- Mexico closes health center for supposed diabetes 'vaccine' Updated: Nov-26-15 10:06 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican regulatory authorities closed a health center that was touting a supposed diabetes "vaccine" and warned consumers that there is no vaccine for the condition.
- El Salvador breaks up corruption ring of judges, lawyers Updated: Nov-26-15 7:13 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - Prosecutors have broken up a ring of a dozen lawyers, judges and a prosecutor who fixed court rulings in exchange for bribes, El Salvador's government said Thursday.
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge Updated: Nov-26-15 3:39 pm
CANCUN, Mexico - Azura Stevens scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead No. 15 Duke over Idaho 74-68 on Thursday at the Cancun Challenge.
- Projects stall after feds allow fish farming in open ocean Updated: Nov-26-15 10:24 am
SAN DIEGO - Some 90 percent of seafood consumed by Americans is imported - a fact that the Obama administration vowed to start turning around by expanding fish and shellfish farms into federal waters.
- Mexican Green Party leader resigns post amid investigation Updated: Nov-26-15 12:49 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexican prosecutors said Wednesday that they have opened a criminal investigation of a leader of Mexico's Green Party for allegedly violating electoral laws in June's midterm elections.
- Trimble leads No. 2 Maryland past Rhode Island 86-63 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:58 pm
PUERTO AVENTURAS, Mexico - Melo Trimble scores 17 points on 7-for-7 shooting, and No. 2 Maryland beat Rhode Island 86-63 on Wednesday night in the Cancun Challenge.
- Mexico says it's closing in on tiger that escaped month ago Updated: Nov-25-15 10:08 pm
MEXICO CITY - A tiger named "Ankor" marked a full month on the run Wednesday, having evaded capture since he escaped from a restaurant zoo and disappeared into what appears to be a very tiger-friendly habitat on Mexico's southern Pacific coast.
- Trent scores 19, TCU beats Illinois State 71-60 Updated: Nov-25-15 9:33 pm
PUERTO AVENTURAS, Mexico - Malique Trent scored 19 points, Vladimir Brodziansky had 16 points and nine rebounds, and TCU beat Illinois State 71-60 on Wednesday in the Cancun Challenge.
- Chinese company postpones canal project in Nicaragua Updated: Nov-25-15 8:44 pm
MANAGUA, Nicaragua - A Chinese company said Wednesday it is delaying the start of construction on a $50 billion inter-ocean canal across Nicaragua until late 2016.
- Mexico rights body: Police used excessive force in 6 deaths Updated: Nov-25-15 7:50 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's governmental human rights commission said Wednesday that excessive use of force by federal police resulted in six civilian deaths in a confrontation last January, including a person who was shot dead while lying wounded on the ground and posing no threat.
- Parks leads South Dakota State past Cleveland State 77-66 Updated: Nov-25-15 5:11 pm
CANCUN, Mexico - Deondre Parks led a balanced attack with 18 points and South Dakota State won the Mayan Division of the Cancun Challenge with a 77-66 win over Cleveland State on Wednesday.
- Thousands of children crossed US-Mexico border in October Updated: Nov-25-15 5:02 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Nearly 5,000 unaccompanied immigrant children were caught illegally crossing the U.S. border with Mexico in October, almost double the number from October 2014, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection data.
- 2 massacres in 12 hours leave 15 dead in Honduras Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 pm
MEXICO CITY - Two massacres that killed 15 people in less than 12 hours rocked Honduras and left the country's top police official in tears Wednesday.
- Okereafor scores 16, Rider beats Houston Baptist 67-56 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:43 pm
CANCUN, Mexico - Teddy Okereafor scored 16, including four 3-pointers, and Xavier Lundy added 11 points to lead Rider to a 67-56 win over Houston Baptist in the Cancun Challenge on Wednesday.
- Sulaimon helps No. 2 Maryland beat Illinois State 77-66 Updated: Nov-25-15 1:55 am
PUERTO AVENTURAS, Mexico - Maryland is getting used to playing from behind in the second half.
- Meeting in El Salvador on Cuban migrants ends in squabbling Updated: Nov-24-15 10:39 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - A meeting between Central American officials and their counterparts from Ecuador, Colombia and Cuba broke down in squabbling Tuesday over how to deal with the problem of thousands of Cuban migrants stranded in Costa Rica.