- US soccer to play Guatemala on July 3 at Nashville Updated: May-04-15 10:30 pm
CHICAGO - The United States will play Guatemala in an exhibition July 3 at Nashville, Tennessee, the Americans' last game before opening the defense of their CONCACAF Gold Cup title.
- Metro trains crash in Mexico City, injuring 12 Updated: May-04-15 10:16 pm
MEXICO CITY - Two metro trains carrying passengers crashed in Mexico City on Monday, leaving at least 12 people injured, authorities said.
- AP source: Goldberg died after collapsing in gym Updated: May-04-15 10:14 pm
David Goldberg, the SurveyMonkey CEO who also was Facebook executive Sheryl Sandberg's husband, was exercising at a gym in a Mexican resort when he collapsed before he died Friday, a person close to the family said.
- SurveyMonkey CEO died of head trauma in exercise accident Updated: May-04-15 8:59 pm
MEXICO CITY - SurveyMonkey CEO David Goldberg died of severe head trauma in an exercise accident in the Mexican resort town of Punta Mita, a Mexican state official said Monday.
- 5th Circuit: 3 Mexican states cannot sue BP over 2010 spill Updated: May-04-15 6:38 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal appeals court has upheld a lower court's dismissal of a lawsuit against BP and other companies by three Mexican states over the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Rocket-propelled grenade forced down Mexican helicopter Updated: May-04-15 4:59 pm
MEXICO CITY - A drug cartel that unleashed a wave of attacks in the western Mexican state of Jalisco used a rocket-propelled grenade to force down a military helicopter, a security official said Monday.
- Travel new and now: Hipster hotels, dude ranches, Nicaragua Updated: May-04-15 1:57 pm
- Mayoral candidate slain in Mexico's troubled Guerrero state Updated: May-01-15 11:31 pm
MEXICO CITY - The legislature in the southern Mexican state of Guerrero has condemned the killing of a local mayoral candidate.
- Filing: deep-sea treasure hunter deposited gold in Belize Updated: May-01-15 6:52 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A court filing says a deep-sea treasure hunter who spent years as a fugitive had a courier take 500 gold coins from his shipwreck-salvage company and deposit them in a trust account in Belize five years ago.
- Mexican actress best known for 'La India Maria' dies Updated: May-01-15 2:19 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican actress and comedian Maria Elena Velasco, best known for her character "The Indian Maria," has died at age 74.
- 2 draw life sentences in Texas-Mexico drug case Updated: Apr-30-15 6:50 pm
DEL RIO, Texas - Two men have been sentenced to life in U.S. federal prisons for helping smuggle drugs into Texas and weapons to Mexico.
- Judge blocks release of couple in drug money laundering case Updated: Apr-30-15 6:32 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge on Thursday blocked a Texas magistrate judge's order that allowed the release of a couple accused of laundering cartel drug money at a small southwest Kansas bank.
- Mexico arrests suspect in forced-prostitution ring Updated: Apr-30-15 4:54 pm
MEXICO CITY - U.S. officials say they joined Mexican authorities last month in arresting one of the leaders of a forced-prostitution ring that used young women from Mexico in a New York City operation.
- Guatemala extradites alleged drug kingpin to United States Updated: Apr-30-15 4:28 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - An alleged narco-kingpin wanted in New York for his purported role in an international drug trafficking conspiracy was extradited to the United States on Thursday, Guatemalan authorities said.
- ESPN's Monica Gonzalez added to Fox's Women's WCup coverage Updated: Apr-30-15 4:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Mexican national team captain Monica Gonzalez will be part of Fox's studio coverage for this year's Women's World Cup.
- Costa Rica defender Oviedo to miss CONCACAF Gold Cup Updated: Apr-30-15 6:05 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Costa Rica defender Bryan Oviedo will miss the CONCACAF Gold Cup in July after breaking a bone in his right foot in training with English club Everton.
- Mexico's Club America wins CONCACAF Champions League Updated: Apr-30-15 12:17 am
MONTREAL - Dario Benedetto scored three second-half goals and Club America of Mexico beat the Montreal Impact 4-2 on Wednesday night to win the CONCACAF Champions League title.
- Nicaragua lawmakers OK Russian satellite ground station Updated: Apr-29-15 5:00 pm
MANAGUA, Nicaragua - Nicaragua's parliament on Wednesday authorized the establishment of a Russian satellite ground station in the Central American nation.
- Mexico moves to regulate use of drones Updated: Apr-29-15 12:31 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico has published rules governing the use of drones, allowing people to operate the smallest drones in daylight without a permit but with safety rules.
- Mexico requires officials to report conflicts of interest Updated: Apr-29-15 11:22 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexico is requiring officials to declare potential conflicts of interest in their private life and financial dealings, a step that President Enrique Pena Nieto had promised after it came to light his wife bought a mansion from a government contractor.
- San Antonio man guilty in Honduras sex case with girl, 13 Updated: Apr-29-15 8:43 am
HOUSTON - A South Texas man working for the Department of Defense in Honduras faces up to 30 years in prison for having sex with a 13-year-old girl.
- Panama Canal installs final lock gate as part of expansion Updated: Apr-28-15 11:16 pm
PANAMA CITY - The Panama Canal is installing the last of 16 giant lock gates that are a key part of the waterway's multibillion-dollar expansion.
- Fugitive sex offender recaptured in Mexico Updated: Apr-28-15 8:59 pm
MEXICO CITY - A fugitive sex offender was recaptured in Mexico six years after he escaped from a Phoenix holding cell in 2009, authorities announced Tuesday.
- Illegal border tunnel found leading from Mexico Updated: Apr-28-15 6:47 pm
SAN DIEGO - U.S. Border Patrol agents have found a suspected drug tunnel with lighting and a rail-car system that connected to a home across the border in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Moderate earthquake rattles southern Mexico Updated: Apr-28-15 3:58 pm
MEXICO CITY - A moderate earthquake shook the southern Mexican state of Oaxaca on Tuesday, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.