- Gabriel Garcia Marquez hailed as literary giant Updated: Apr-18-14 12:18 am
- California cross-border airport clears key hurdle Updated: Apr-17-14 10:28 pm
- Excerpts from the works of Gabriel Garcia Marquez Updated: Apr-17-14 9:55 pm
- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez Updated: Apr-17-14 8:58 pm
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 Updated: Apr-17-14 4:10 pm
- Affidavit: Smuggler threats follow Puig from Cuba Updated: Apr-17-14 3:39 pm
- Hail wreaks Easter travel havoc in Mexico City Updated: Apr-17-14 2:43 pm
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 10:55 am
- Street theater in Mexico City's rough Tepito area Updated: Apr-17-14 9:11 am
- Nicaragua arrests man in Wyoming woman's killing Updated: Apr-16-14 7:56 pm
- Mexico probes death of pregnant woman at clinic Updated: Apr-16-14 6:34 pm
- Mexico arrests mayor for drug cartel extortion Updated: Apr-16-14 3:40 pm
- Mexico nabs No. 2 in Beltran-Leyva gang Updated: Apr-16-14 3:39 pm
- 4th Mexican cartel associate charged in Chicago Updated: Apr-16-14 1:28 pm
- Dad: Wyoming volunteer committed to helping others Updated: Apr-16-14 12:58 pm
- Pet boom in Mexico amid rising middle class Updated: Apr-15-14 12:27 pm
- Mexico pledges own anti-money laundering list Updated: Apr-14-14 10:26 pm
- String of earthquakes puts Nicaraguans on edge Updated: Apr-14-14 4:44 pm
- Idaho teens lose 6 family members in crash Updated: Apr-14-14 2:34 pm
- Toluca closes on lead with win over Leon Updated: Apr-13-14 10:51 pm
- Mexico's Carlos Ortiz wins home event Updated: Apr-13-14 8:08 pm
- Bus hits truck on Mexico highway; 36 reported dead Updated: Apr-13-14 7:16 pm
- Panama Canal project could take away from Arizona Updated: Apr-13-14 3:59 pm
- Trying to combat growing drug trade in oil patch Updated: Apr-12-14 11:23 am
- Miss. man indicted in $9 million bankruptcy fraud Updated: Apr-11-14 3:37 pm
MEXICO CITY - His death mourned around the globe, Gabriel Garcia Marquez is being hailed as a giant of modern literature, a writer of intoxicating novels and short stories that illuminated Latin America's passions, superstition, violence and social inequality.
SAN DIEGO - U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Thursday that it has reached agreement with an investor group to clear the way for construction of the nation's first cross-border airport terminal connecting San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico.
Reaction to death of writer Gabriel Garcia Marquez:
MEXICO CITY - A person close to the family has confirmed reports that that Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died. He was 87.
MIAMI - The smugglers who helped Los Angeles Dodgers star Yasiel Puig leave Cuba on a speedboat have made death threats against him and against a Cuban boxer who says he defected with Puig, according to court documents.
MEXICO CITY - A freak spring hailstorm has caused havoc for thousands of people trying to leaving Mexico City for Easter weekend.
Wisconsin State Journal, April 16
MEXICO CITY - Few outsiders dare venture after dark into Tepito, a neighborhood known as Mexico City's main clearinghouse for contraband ranging from guns and drugs to counterfeit sneakers.
MANAGUA, Nicaragua - A man who confessed to robbing and killing a Wyoming woman found dead this week near a beach in northern Nicaragua has been arrested, authorities said Wednesday.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's National Human Rights Commission said Wednesday it will investigate the latest apparent case of denial of medical care for poor women, after a pregnant Mixtec Indian woman died in a clinic along with her unborn child.
MEXICO CITY - Prosecutors in western Mexico arrested the mayor of a city that once served as a stronghold of the Knights Templar drug cartel on charges that he helped the gang extort money from city council members.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican police said Wednesday they have captured a man identified as the second highest-ranking figure in the once-powerful Beltran Leyva drug cartel.
CHICAGO - Federal court documents show that an associate of Sinaloa cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was arrested in Las Vegas in January and brought to Chicago.
JACKSON, Wyoming - A Wyoming woman found dead on a church service trip to Nicaragua was an EMT and skiing instructor who had always been committed to helping other people, her father said.
MEXICO CITY - Camila celebrated her first birthday in a blue-and-white striped dress with tulle appliques, playing with her guests in a room decorated with pink balloons, lilacs and Hello Kitty posters.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico has announced plans to fight money laundering by using "kingpin" lists like those issued by the United States, although unlike the public U.S. list, Mexico will make its registry confidential, a Mexican official said Monday.
MANAGUA, Nicaragua - Thousands of Nicaraguans woke up in the streets Monday after a sleepless night rocked by two strong earthquakes, part of a string of tremors that have kept the Central American country on edge since late last week.
PAUL, Idaho - A southern Idaho high school student and her teen sibling are trying to balance everyday life with loss months after a drunken driver hit and killed six of their family members in Mexico.
MEXICO CITY - Toluca closed within two points of the top of Mexican Clausura season standings with a 2-1 home win over Leon on Sunday.
LEON, Mexico - Mexico's Carlos Ortiz won the El Bosque Mexico Championship on Sunday for his second Web.com Tour victory of the season.
VERACRUZ, Mexico - A passenger bus slammed into a broken-down truck and burst into flames, killing at least 36 people Sunday in southern Mexico, the Veracruz state government reported.
PHOENIX - Economic trade winds could blow away from Arizona someday because of a multibillion-dollar project taking place thousands of miles away.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The blood-drenched man had survived a brutal attack: Beaten with brass knuckles, shocked with a stun gun, slashed with a razor blade, then dumped 40 miles away in Montana, he staggered to a farmhouse for help. His path eventually led authorities back to a quiet backyard in this oil boom town.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Jackson man was indicted Wednesday on charges that he defrauded his bankrupt business of more than $9 million.