- Chinese relatives pray over lost Malaysian plane Updated: Apr-18-14 3:49 am
- Asian stocks mostly higher after mixed US earnings Updated: Apr-17-14 11:40 pm
- Royal couple enjoy sheep-shearing demo Down Under Updated: Apr-17-14 11:25 pm
- Australia women's coach de Reus leaves position Updated: Apr-17-14 12:50 am
- Ailing Malcolm Young taking break from AC/DC Updated: Apr-16-14 9:26 pm
- Australian state leader quits over $2,800 wine Updated: Apr-16-14 1:41 am
- New Zealand, Australian men killed in Yemen strike Updated: Apr-16-14 1:40 am
- Court rejects Red Bull appeal for Ricciardo Updated: Apr-15-14 6:26 am
- Phelps will be racing himself in swimming comeback Updated: Apr-14-14 7:35 pm
- Phelps will be racing himself in swimming comeback Updated: Apr-14-14 7:25 pm
- False leads in search for missing jet Updated: Apr-14-14 11:08 am
- NY Air National Guard unit headed to Australia Updated: Apr-14-14 6:49 am
- Wanderers finish 2nd in A-League behind Brisbane Updated: Apr-13-14 5:32 am
- Redhage, Beal lead Perth to 6th NBL title Updated: Apr-13-14 1:58 am
- 2008 Olympic pole vault champion Hooker retires Updated: Apr-11-14 5:51 pm
- Powerful earthquake hits near Papua New Guinea Updated: Apr-11-14 4:10 am
- AP Interview: Adam Schantz, US Navy plane searcher Updated: Apr-11-14 2:13 am
- 2 nations leading jet search have turbulent past Updated: Apr-10-14 10:17 am
- Ethnic abuse charge against player dismissed Updated: Apr-10-14 3:59 am
- April starts with a bang for Formula One Updated: Apr-09-14 5:27 pm
- Ground crew work nights to keep MH370 search aloft Updated: Apr-09-14 6:25 am
- Ocean debris left by jet depends on angle, speed Updated: Apr-08-14 7:40 pm
- Ian Thorpe battling infection in Sydney hospital Updated: Apr-08-14 6:20 pm
- Ian Thorpe battling infection in Sydney hospital Updated: Apr-08-14 5:38 pm
- Australia coach looking for positive play at WCup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:25 am
PERTH, Australia - Six weeks into the extensive search for the lost Malaysia Airlines plane without so much as a piece of debris yet found, several Chinese relatives met Friday to pray for spouses who never came home, while begging for answers that could end their misery of not knowing.
BEIJING - Asian stocks were mostly higher Friday despite mixed U.S. earnings reports with many of the region's exchanges closed for Good Friday.
SYDNEY - Britain's Prince William and his wife, Kate, have enjoyed a sheep-shearing demonstration and greeted crowds of flower-bearing fans at an agricultural fair in Sydney.
SYDNEY - Hesterine de Reus has left her position as head coach of the Australian women's football team after 15 months, following reports of player complaints over her strict style.
NEW YORK - Malcolm Young is taking a break from AC/DC to focus on his health, the band said.
CANBERRA, Australia - The leader of Australia's most populous state quit as premier on Wednesday in the face of mounting evidence that he failed to declare a 3,000 Australian dollar ($2,800) bottle of wine that arrived as a gift on his Sydney doorstep.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Despite having little history of domestic terrorism, New Zealand and Australia were drawn into the global debate on drone strikes Wednesday after confirming that a citizen from each country was killed in Yemen last year.
PARIS - Red Bull is "disappointed" but now focused on the upcoming Chinese Grand Prix after a court on Tuesday rejected its appeal against the disqualification of driver Daniel Ricciardo at the season-opening race in Australia.
Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian ever, is coming out of retirement to swim next week at the Arena Grand Prix in Arizona.
Michael Phelps will be facing quite an opponent when he returns to the pool.
If the signals detected deep in the Indian Ocean are truly from the wreckage from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, they ultimately will close the book on a frustrating long list of false leads in the effort to find the jet. Here are the most prominent moments in which hopes of solving the tragic aviation mystery were dashed:
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - Nearly three dozen members of a New York Air National Guard unit will head Down Under to help install radar used to track space debris and satellites.
SYDNEY - Western Sydney Wanderers beat Melbourne Heart 3-2 to clinch second place in the A-League and a bye in the first round of the playoffs as well as an Asian Champions League berth next season.
PERTH, Australia - American-born power forward Shawn Redhage scored 16 points and former Vanderbilt University guard Jermaine Beal added 15 as the Perth Wildcats beat the Adelaide 36ers 93-59 in the third and deciding game Sunday to win their record sixth National Basketball League championship.
ADELAIDE, Australia - Former Olympic pole vault champion Steve Hooker of Australia has announced he is retiring from the sport, saying he is still physically fit but doesn't have the mental drive to continue at the top.
SYDNEY - A powerful earthquake struck off the South Pacific nation of Papua New Guinea on Friday, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
PERTH, Australia - Every day from the Perth airport and a nearby military base, about a dozen planes from several countries take flight to search for debris from missing Flight 370 - so far without success. The U.S. Defense Department alone committed $7.3 million to the effort in the first month of the search, much of it spent on two U.S. Navy P-8 Poseidon planes that cost $4,000 per hour to fly.
CANBERRA, Australia - The leaders of Malaysia and Australia have used warm and glowing terms to assure the world that their partnership in the desperate hunt for a missing airliner is built on a firm and abiding friendship. But it's also an odd-couple relationship that has proved brittle in the past and has been blighted by hostility, rivalries and cultural misunderstandings.
SYDNEY - An allegation of ethnic abuse against Western Sydney Wanderers player Brendon Santalab was dismissed by a disciplinary committee Thursday because of a lack of evidence.
Everybody expected April to be a crucial time for Formula One.
RAAF BASE PEARCE, Australia - As the brilliant orange glow of another Australian sunset fades and the raucous engines of the search planes stop whirring, the men and women who keep this high-profile operation in the air switch on the floodlights and get busy.
SYDNEY - Did the missing Malaysian jet plunge into the ocean at a steep angle, leaving virtually no debris on the surface? Did it come in flat, clip a wave and cartwheel into pieces? Or did it break up in midair, sending chunks tumbling down over a wide swath of water?
SYDNEY - The agent for five-time Olympic gold medalist Ian Thorpe says the 31-year-old will never swim again after contracting two potentially deadly infections while undergoing shoulder surgery.
SYDNEY - The agent for five-time Olympic gold medalist Ian Thorpe says the 31-year-old will never swim again after contracting two potentially-deadly infections while undergoing shoulder surgery.
BRISBANE, Australia - Ange Postecoglou cherishes memories of watching the 1974 World Cup on a small black-and-white TV with his dad, recalling how that shared experience when he was 9 helped transform him into an ardent Australia supporter.