- GM to stop making cars in Australia by 2017 Updated: Dec-11-13 4:11 am
- Asia stocks down on prospect of Fed stimulus cut Updated: Dec-10-13 11:40 pm
- Golf in 2013: Sharing the wealth Updated: Dec-10-13 3:38 pm
- 30 years for man who let others have sex with son Updated: Dec-09-13 9:10 pm
- UN worries aid has not reached Philippine victims Updated: Dec-08-13 8:07 pm
- Burns scores twice as Newcastle wins in A-League Updated: Dec-08-13 3:24 am
- Japan seeks intl action vs. China's new air zone Updated: Dec-08-13 12:04 am
- First Australian gay weddings held in capital city Updated: Dec-07-13 7:29 pm
- Airspace zone downplayed in China-Australia talks Updated: Dec-07-13 7:11 am
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Qantas Airways credit rating downgraded to junk Updated: Dec-05-13 10:59 pm
- Three admit to football match-fixing Updated: Dec-05-13 10:32 pm
- Sports court to judge Aussie's appeal of FIFA ban Updated: Dec-05-13 4:50 pm
- Hawaiian Airlines to add 4th Brisbane flight Updated: Dec-05-13 9:05 am
- Aussie FM expresses 'regrets' in Indonesia spy row Updated: Dec-05-13 5:34 am
- Australia to scrap soaring national debt ceiling Updated: Dec-04-13 3:56 am
- Australian spies raid home of East Timor lawyer Updated: Dec-04-13 2:01 am
- Australia captain Lucas Neill returns from Japan Updated: Dec-04-13 1:02 am
- A-League to celebrate its 1,000th match Updated: Dec-03-13 8:59 pm
- Australian team naming delayed by CAS appeal Updated: Dec-03-13 12:37 am
- Australian suspected of recruiting Syrian fighters Updated: Dec-02-13 9:19 pm
- Bird steals camera in Australia, records journey Updated: Dec-02-13 10:40 am
- Rory McIlory wins Australian Open Updated: Dec-01-13 12:56 am
- Shark kills teen body boarder off Australian coast Updated: Nov-30-13 5:09 am
- Scott leads McIlroy by 4 shots at Australian Open Updated: Nov-30-13 4:32 am
CANBERRA, Australia - General Motors Co. said Wednesday it will stop making cars and engines in Australia by the end of 2017, with nearly 2,900 jobs to be lost, because of high production costs and competition.
MANILA, Philippines - Asian stocks were mostly down Wednesday as investors factored in the prospect of the Federal Reserve reducing its lavish monetary stimulus this month.
THOUSAND OAKS, California - Wanting to return among the elite in golf, Graeme McDowell mapped out a plan last fall. He figured out how many ranking points he would need to get back into the top five in the world.
INDIANAPOLIS - An Australian man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after authorities say he and his partner allowed at least eight others to have sex with their young adopted son for money.
CANBERRA, Australia - The United Nations is investigating reports that aid has yet to reach remote parts of the Philippines a month after a devastating typhoon, the U.N. humanitarian chief said on Monday.
SYDNEY - Newcastle winger Nathan Burns' second goal of the match in the 67th minute gave the Jets a 2-1 win over the Melbourne Victory in Australia's A-League on Sunday.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Japan's defense minister called on the international community Sunday to oppose China's recently declared maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea and possibly over the disputed South China Sea.
CANBERRA, Australia - Gay and lesbian couples from around Australia joined in fragile marriages in Canberra on Saturday under the nation's beleaguered same-sex union laws that face a challenge in the courts within a week.
BEIJING - Australia's foreign minister said Saturday that economic matters rather than a dispute over China's recently declared maritime air defense zone dominated talks she held with senior Chinese officials.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
SYDNEY - Qantas Airways' credit rating was downgraded to junk status Friday, one day after the beleaguered Australian carrier said it would slash 1,000 jobs and suffer half-year losses of at least 250 million Australian dollars ($225 million).
MELBOURNE, Australia - A Malaysian man and two English football players have admitted to fixing matches in Melbourne as part of an international syndicate.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Australia midfielder Mark Bresciano has asked the top court in international sports to overturn his four-month ban by FIFA, even though the appeal could cost him a place at the World Cup.
HONOLULU - Hawaiian Airlines is expanding service to Australia.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop tried to mend fences with Indonesia on Thursday, saying her government regrets the hurt caused to its president and people over reports that Australian spies tapped his phone.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia has opted to avoid political arguments over how high to raise the national debt limit by scrapping debt ceilings altogether.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's secret service has raided the Canberra homes of a lawyer and a former spy who intend to allege in an international court in The Hague that Australia bugged the East Timorese Cabinet ahead of sensitive oil and gas revenue-sharing negotiations.
SYDNEY - Australia captain Lucas Neill has returned from Japan with his contract with Omiya Ardija set to expire and little likelihood of it being renewed.
MELBOURNE, Australia - The A-League will celebrate its 1,000th match this weekend, more than eight years after its first.
SYDNEY - The naming of Australia's women's Olympic figure skating team has been delayed after Sochi hopeful Chantelle Kerry took a dispute over the selection of fellow prospect Brooklee Han to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
CANBERRA, Australia - The alleged Sydney ringleader of a criminal network that sends Australians to fight in Syria has been arrested, police said Tuesday.
SYDNEY - A brazen bird snatched a video camera that was recording crocodiles in northwest Australia and captured fascinating footage of its 110-kilometer (70-mile) journey across the country's remote landscape.
SYDNEY - A teenager was killed on Saturday after being attacked by a shark off Australia's east coast in the second deadly attack this month, police said.
SYDNEY - Adam Scott shot a 4-under 68 Saturday to take a four-shot lead over Rory McIlroy heading into the final round of the Australian Open and move closer to a Australian triple crown.