- Adelaide Crows' AFL coach murdered in home, son arrested Updated: Jul-03-15 3:38 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - Players and team officials in the Australian Football League were in shock Friday after Adelaide Crows coach Phil Walsh was stabbed to death in a domestic dispute at his home. His 26-year-old son was arrested and later charged with murder.
- Shark bites Australian surfer's board a day after attack Updated: Jul-03-15 1:46 am
SYDNEY - A shark bit a terrified surfer's board on Friday near the Australian coastal town where another surfer was mauled a day earlier, police said.
- Cash-strapped UN food agency reduces help to Syrian refugees Updated: Jul-02-15 10:55 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - The United Nations' food agency is cutting back on assistance to thousands of Syrian refugees after an appeal for a ceasefire to enable Syrians feed themselves went unheeded, World Food Program Executive Director Ertharin Cousin said on Friday.
- Surfer critically injured by shark off Australian town Updated: Jul-02-15 9:17 am
SYDNEY - A 32-year-old surfer was critically injured by a shark on Thursday at the same Australian coastal town where a Japanese tourist was killed in February, police said.
- Vail closes deal on Australia's largest ski resort for $135M Updated: Jul-01-15 7:25 pm
BROOMFIELD, Colorado - Vail Resorts Inc. has acquired its first international ski area for about $134.8 million.
- Too hot: Temperatures messing with sex of Australian lizards Updated: Jul-01-15 1:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Hotter temperatures are messing with the gender of Australia's bearded dragon lizards, a new study finds.
- UN world heritage body warns of threat to Great Barrier Reef Updated: Jul-01-15 10:29 am
BERLIN - The U.N.'s heritage body expressed concern Wednesday about the state of the Great Barrier Reef, urging Australia to do more to conserve one of the world's most spectacular natural sites.
- OSU researchers studying warm-water mass off West Coast Updated: Jul-01-15 10:04 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Oregon State University scientists are looking for a link between the California drought, climate change and a mass of warm water lingering in the Pacific Ocean off the West Coast.
- World War I Museum in Kansas City hosts Australia exhibit Updated: Jul-01-15 5:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The National World War I Museum and Memorial in Kansas City is hosting an upcoming exhibit about Australian War Art.
- Wanderers sign former Barcelona youth product Updated: Jul-01-15 12:15 am
SYDNEY - Western Sydney Wanderers have signed former Barcelona youth player Andreu Guerao Mayoral for the next A-League season.
- Smoking ban seems cause of 15-hour Australian prison riot Updated: Jun-30-15 8:56 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Australian authorities on Wednesday ended a 15-hour prison riot involving up to 300 inmates in Melbourne suspected to have been triggered by a ban on smoking.
- 'Changed' Justin Bieber attends Sydney church conference Updated: Jun-30-15 9:58 am
SYDNEY - Justin Bieber credited a Pentecostal pastor with changing his life as he mingled Tuesday with thousands of Christians at a five-day church conference in Sydney.
- US envoy confident Australia will manage gay marriage debate Updated: Jun-30-15 5:22 am
CANBERRA, Australia - The first openly gay U.S. ambassador to Australia said on Tuesday he was confident that the "great debate" among Australians on whether to allow gay marriages would result in the best outcome for the country.
- French-born winger Novillo extends A-League contract Updated: Jun-30-15 2:35 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - French-born winger Harry Novillo has extended his short-term contract with the A-League's Melbourne City by two years.
- GE selling some fleet businesses to Element for $6.9B Updated: Jun-29-15 11:56 am
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - General Electric Co. is selling its U.S., Mexico, Australia and New Zealand fleet businesses to Element Financial Corp. for $6.9 billion.
- Australia looks forward to a bright future Updated: Jun-28-15 2:20 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - What Australia's Alen Stajcic wouldn't give for his team to be like Japan one day.
- Iwabuchi lifts Japan to semis with 1-0 win over Australia Updated: Jun-28-15 2:15 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Japanese coach Norio Sasaki couldn't resist making a joke at Mana Iwabuchi's expense when explaining his decision to substitute the forward in during the second half against Australia on Saturday.
- US same-sex marriage ruling likely to impact other countries Updated: Jun-27-15 8:47 pm
LONDON - The landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in favor of same-sex marriages has no legal force outside the United States, but gay rights activists in many parts of the world believe the court ruling will help their cause.
- Ex-Australia striker Josh Kennedy retires from football Updated: Jun-26-15 3:30 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Former Australia striker Josh Kennedy, who played the majority of his football career in Germany and Japan, announced his retirement Friday following a 15-year career.
- Swiss champion Basel signs Austria forward Marc Janko Updated: Jun-25-15 9:14 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Swiss champion Basel says Austria forward Marc Janko has joined on a free transfer from Sydney.
- Australia to be among largest shareholders in China-led bank Updated: Jun-24-15 1:50 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia announced on Wednesday it will become a founding member of a Chinese-led Asian regional bank and its sixth largest shareholder.
- Australian leader makes no promises on IS man's children Updated: Jun-23-15 11:43 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's prime minister said Wednesday he felt for the five children of an Australian convicted terrorist in the Islamic State movement who became notorious last year for posing for photographs while clutching the severed heads of Syrian victims.
- Australia attempts to verify terrorist's death in Iraq Updated: Jun-23-15 12:37 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Reports that an Australian terrorist, notorious for holding up the severed heads of Syrian victims, has been killed fighting in Iraq have raised the potential for his young family to be repatriated from the Middle East, Australia's foreign minister said on Tuesday.
- Doctors warn against dangers of skinny jeans: Don't squat Updated: Jun-22-15 7:45 pm
LONDON - Attention wearers of skinny jeans: don't squat - at least not for long.
- Australian Nick Kyrgios splits with coach Todd Larkham Updated: Jun-22-15 6:54 pm
SYDNEY - Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios has split with coach Todd Larkham less than a week before the start of Wimbledon, saying on his website Tuesday that the pair "mutually agreed" to part ways.