- Slow-moving storm near Guam downgraded to tropical storm Updated: Jul-03-15 9:13 am
HAGATNA, Guam - A slow-moving storm that had Guam residents bracing for a typhoon has been downgraded to a tropical storm, but the National Weather Service says the erratic system could regain strength and develop into a typhoon later this weekend.
- Tropical storm approaching Guam, expected to become typhoon Updated: Jul-01-15 9:02 am
AGANA, Guam - A tropical storm is expected to pass through Marianas as a typhoon over the weekend, bringing rain, thunder and strong winds.
- Guam residents: Seal incorrectly depicts traditional canoe Updated: Jun-28-15 3:17 pm
AGANA, Guam - Nearly 100 years after a woman named Helen Paul was inspired by a local artist and designed the flag and seal of Guam, some residents are saying that it incorrectly depicts an important cultural artifact.
- Tropical disturbance could threaten Guam typhoon or storm Updated: Jun-27-15 4:11 pm
AGANA, Guam - The National Weather Service says a tropical disturbance could threaten the Mariana Islands, including Guam.
- India loses out as Asia teams turn to overseas soccer talent Updated: Jun-24-15 9:51 pm
When a country with a population of 180,000 is victorious over a nation of more than a billion in the football arena, it would normally be classed as a shock.
- Concerns for kingfisher delay Guam military buildup plan Updated: Jun-19-15 9:04 am
HAGATNA, Guam - The final supplemental environmental impact statement for a military buildup on Guam has been promised for this summer, but concerns about the Micronesian kingfisher are delaying the report.
- Plans for Guam veterans hospital in the works Updated: Jun-19-15 8:52 am
HAGATNA, Guam - The Guam and Regional Veterans Healthcare Council are making plans to develop what could be the nation's first private hospital for veterans.
- FEMA limits funds, denies individual assistance Updated: Jun-17-15 2:29 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - The Federal Emergency Management Agency recently denied Gov. Eddie Calvo's request for funds that would assist those whose homes were damaged during Typhoon Dolphin.
- Japan held to 0-0 by Singapore in Asian World Cup qualifier Updated: Jun-16-15 5:21 pm
Japan was held to a surprising goalless draw by visiting Singapore while Guam pulled off only its second World Cup qualifying win when it beat India 2-1 on Tuesday.
- First gay couple to marry in US territory ties knot in Guam Updated: Jun-09-15 3:52 am
HAGATNA, Guam - There were no flowers. There was no music. The onlookers witnessing Guam's first wedding of a gay couple were mostly members of the media.
- News Guide: Guam is first US territory with gay marriage Updated: Jun-06-15 6:14 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - Same-sex couples can begin applying for marriage licenses next week in Guam, which became the first U.S. territory to legalize gay marriage. A federal judge on Friday struck down the territory's ban as unconstitutional.