- New Zealand, Australian men killed in Yemen strike Updated: Apr-16-14 1:40 am
- AP Sources: Cup sailor de Ridder suspended 5 years Updated: Apr-15-14 5:06 pm
- 2 powerful earthquakes hit Solomon Islands Updated: Apr-13-14 10:40 am
- Kate sails past William in race that's royal fun Updated: Apr-11-14 3:34 am
- No further discipline for Kiwis in Cup scandal Updated: Apr-10-14 8:48 pm
- Ocean garbage frustrates search for Flight 370 Updated: Mar-31-14 3:22 pm
- Seabed of jet hunt zone mostly flat with 1 trench Updated: Mar-30-14 8:31 pm
- Duncan in NZealand, not ready to discuss US ruling Updated: Mar-28-14 5:40 am
- New Zealand announces energy company sale Updated: Mar-28-14 5:08 am
- Spotters fight fatigue in hunt for jet lost at sea Updated: Mar-27-14 10:43 am
- Satellite clue ends wild theories, hope for MH370 Updated: Mar-25-14 10:42 am
- Time, uncertainty make plane hunt uniquely hard Updated: Mar-25-14 8:18 am
- Internet company Mega plans New Zealand listing Updated: Mar-25-14 1:40 am
- Correction: Malaysia-Plane-Mystery story Updated: Mar-24-14 2:23 am
- Jet search area: Distant, dangerous, dazzling Updated: Mar-22-14 8:29 pm
- Satellites to binoculars used in Flight 370 search Updated: Mar-21-14 10:43 am
- Kim Dotcom loses ruling in New Zealand's top court Updated: Mar-20-14 7:07 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Despite having little history of domestic terrorism, New Zealand and Australia were drawn into the global debate on drone strikes Wednesday after confirming that a citizen from each country was killed in Yemen last year.
SAN DIEGO - America's Cup sailor Dirk de Ridder has been suspended from sanctioned events for five years by sailing's international governing body, two people with knowledge of the decision said Tuesday.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Two strong earthquakes struck the Solomon Islands on Sunday, triggering tsunami warnings, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Britain's Duchess of Cambridge has twice beaten her husband Prince William during friendly racing in America's Cup sailing boats on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour.
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Independent lawyers appointed by Yachting New Zealand say two Kiwis punished in one of the biggest scandals in America's Cup history shouldn't face further discipline.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Sometimes the object spotted in the water is a snarled fishing line. Or a buoy. Or something that might once have been the lid to an ice box. Not once - not yet at least - has it been a clue.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Two miles beneath the sea surface where satellites and planes are looking for debris from the missing Malaysian jet, the ocean floor is cold, dark, covered in a squishy muck of dead plankton and - in a potential break for the search - mostly flat. The troubling exception is a steep, rocky drop ending in a deep trench.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan said Friday he wasn't ready to discuss the stunning ruling on American college athletics issued while he was traveling to New Zealand.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand is closing the books on a contentious, multibillion dollar program of asset sales.
OVER THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN - They stare out at a punishingly unbroken expanse of gray water that seems, at times, to blend into the clouds. Occasionally, they press their foreheads against the plane's windows so hard they leave grease marks, their eyes darting up and down, left and right, looking for something - anything - that could explain the fate of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.
Over an extraordinary 17 days and nights, until the moment Malaysia's prime minister stepped to a lectern to deliver investigators' sobering new findings, the fate of vanished Flight 370 hung on morbid conjecture and fragile hope.
CANBERRA, Australia - Not one object has been recovered from the missing airliner that Malaysian officials are now convinced plunged into the southern Indian Ocean 17 days ago. Some of the pieces are likely 3,500 meters (11,500 feet) underwater. Others are bobbing in a fickle system of currents that one oceanographer compares to a pinball machine. And by now, they could easily be hundreds of kilometers (miles) away from each other.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Mega Ltd., the Internet file-storage company launched last year by indicted entrepreneur Kim Dotcom, announced plans Tuesday to list on New Zealand's stock market.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - In a story March 19 about the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner, The Associated Press reported erroneously that 1965 was the last year a plane carrying more than two dozen people vanished without a trace. In fact, there have been instances since then, including the 1989 disappearance of a Pakistan International Airlines plane carrying 54 people.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The scientists and support staff stationed on Amsterdam Island find professional value in being about as far away from the hubbub of humanity as it's possible to get. But this week, some of them wandered down to the southern Indian Ocean shoreline to look for the floating objects that could help explain the mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
From satellites to binoculars, the hardware being used in the search for the missing plane far off western Australia ranges from the sophisticated to the simple. Some of the equipment being used to look for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370:
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Indicted Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom on Friday lost a ruling in New Zealand's highest court as part of his legal battle to try and avoid extradition to the United States.