- New Zealand faces new complaint over player eligibility Updated: Jul-29-15 12:56 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The Oceania Football Confederation is investigating allegations that New Zealand fielded ineligible players in the team which won the Oceania under-17 World Cup qualifying tournament in Samoa in January.
- Steven Adams unavailable for New Zealand national team Updated: Jul-27-15 2:26 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams has made himself unavailable for New Zealand's Oceania Olympic basketball qualifying series against Australia next month.
- Second body found in New Zealand search for Canadian hikers Updated: Jul-26-15 10:07 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand police said Monday they have found and recovered a second body from a field of avalanche debris during a search for two missing Canadian hikers.
- Kiwi DNA study reveals bird lost color vision Updated: Jul-22-15 9:01 pm
BERLIN - Scientists say they have sequenced the genome of the brown kiwi for the first time, revealing that the shy, flightless bird likely lost its ability to see colors after it became nocturnal tens of millions of years ago.
- Hiking the Great Walks on New Zealand's rugged South Island Updated: Jul-21-15 7:43 am
FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK, New Zealand - Several items are essential for exploring the magical Southern Alps mountains that run across New Zealand's South Island: insect repellent, rain gear and ear plugs.
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd released on bail in New Zealand Updated: Jul-19-15 10:10 pm
SYDNEY - AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd was released on bail on Monday after his weekend arrest in New Zealand on a charge of breaching the conditions of his home detention sentence for threatening to kill a former employee.
- Mills out; Bogut, Dellavedova drafted into Australia squad Updated: Jul-13-15 9:53 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Patty Mills will miss Australia's Olympic qualifying series in Oceania after being ruled out of a 12-man squad containing fellow NBA players Andrew Bogut and Matthew Dellavedova.
- British Open, Tee Times Updated: Jul-13-15 10:06 am
- New Zealand to appeal disqualification from Oly qualifier Updated: Jul-13-15 2:05 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand Football says it will appeal the decision of the Oceania Football Confederation to disqualify its under-23 team from the regional Olympic qualifying tournament for fielding an ineligible player.
- New Zealand ejected from Oceania Olympic qualifier Updated: Jul-12-15 3:47 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand has been ejected from Sunday's final of the Oceania Olympic qualifying football series after being found to have fielded an ineligible player during a semifinal against Vanuatu.
- As habitats vanish, migratory birds flock to N. Korea shores Updated: Jul-11-15 2:13 am
TOKYO - To the untrained eye, it's just a lot of birds on an otherwise deserted stretch of muddy, flat coastline. But for ornithologists, North Korea's west coast is a little piece of paradise each spring - and both the birds and a dedicated group of birdwatchers travel a long way to get there.
- Vanuatu wins 46-0 in Pacific Games football tournament Updated: Jul-07-15 1:18 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Vanuatu beat the Federated States of Micronesia by the extraordinary score of 46-0 in their Olympic qualifying football match at the Pacific Games in Papua New Guinea on Tuesday.
- Excitement runs high in Samoa ahead of All Blacks test Updated: Jul-06-15 11:18 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - For New Zealand and Samoa, the long journey to this year's Rugby World Cup in England and Wales starts Wednesday with a one-off rugby test thousands of miles away - at palm-fringed Apia Park in the Samoan capital.
- NZ man gets 15 years prison in Indonesia in drug smuggling Updated: Jun-30-15 10:26 am
BALI, Indonesia - An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a New Zealand man to 15 years in prison for trying to smuggle methamphetamine into the resort island of Bali.
- GE selling some fleet businesses to Element for $6.9B Updated: Jun-29-15 11:56 am
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - General Electric Co. is selling its U.S., Mexico, Australia and New Zealand fleet businesses to Element Financial Corp. for $6.9 billion.