- NZ man gets 15 years prison in Indonesia in drug smuggling Updated: Jun-30-15 10:26 am
BALI, Indonesia - An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a New Zealand man to 15 years in prison for trying to smuggle methamphetamine into the resort island of Bali.
- GE selling some fleet businesses to Element for $6.9B Updated: Jun-29-15 11:56 am
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - General Electric Co. is selling its U.S., Mexico, Australia and New Zealand fleet businesses to Element Financial Corp. for $6.9 billion.
- Environmental protesters scale New Zealand parliament roof Updated: Jun-24-15 8:47 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Four environmental protesters breached security Thursday at New Zealand's parliamentary complex by scaling the roof and perching themselves on a ledge above the main entrance.
- Rebel flag controversy 1 in long line of disputes worldwide Updated: Jun-23-15 5:45 pm
BERLIN - Around the world, countries have long struggled with questions about flags similar to those faced by South Carolina, which is under pressure to remove a Confederate flag from its statehouse in the wake of the shootings that killed nine people at a historic black church.
- Spain proposes big fines for alleged Antarctic fish poachers Updated: Jun-23-15 10:01 am
MADRID - Authorities in Spain have accused a company there of running a lucrative international operation that illegally captured vast amounts of an Antarctic fish prized in top restaurants.
- Radar failure in New Zealand temporarily grounds all flights Updated: Jun-23-15 1:04 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - All of New Zealand's international and domestic flights were temporarily grounded Tuesday afternoon after authorities reported that the nationwide radar system had failed.
- Pitcairn Island passes gay marriage but has no wedding plans Updated: Jun-22-15 4:44 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Pitcairn Island, a tiny speck in the Pacific that's home to just 48 people, has passed a law allowing same-sex marriage - but has no gay couples wanting to wed.
- China advances with 1-0 victory over Cameroon Updated: Jun-20-15 11:11 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - It was abundantly clear on both sides of the ball: China's defense is the reason the team is headed for the quarterfinals.
- Serbia coach hopes for national unity after World Cup win Updated: Jun-20-15 6:15 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Serbia coach Veljko Paunovic hoped his team's victory at the Under-20 World Cup will help inspire "compassion and unity" in a country still troubled by its war-torn past.
- Serbia beats Brazil 2-1 in Under-20 World Cup final Updated: Jun-20-15 3:52 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Nemanja Maksimovic scored in the 117th minute to give Serbia a surprise 2-1 win over Brazil on Saturday in the final of the Under-20 World Cup.
- 3rd place: Mali gets 3 late goals, beats Senegal at U20 WCup Updated: Jun-20-15 1:11 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Mali claimed third place at the Under-20 World Cup with a 3-1 win over 10-man Senegal in a dramatic and foul-ridden match on Saturday.
- Brazil has history on its side in U20 World Cup final Updated: Jun-19-15 1:30 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Brazil will carry a significant edge in experience and a remarkable record of defensive impregnability into Saturday's final against Serbia at the Under-20 World Cup.
- Australia's Qantas to expand New Zealand domestic flights Updated: Jun-18-15 2:32 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Australia's largest airline Qantas Airways on Thursday announced plans to expand flights within New Zealand in a significant shakeup of the market.
- New Zealand's economy grows just 0.2 percent in 1st quarter Updated: Jun-17-15 10:17 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand's economy all but stalled in the first quarter as lower prices for milk and oil pushed down growth to 0.2 percent, according to figures released Thursday.
- Voyaging canoe Hikianalia returns to Hawaii Updated: Jun-17-15 2:06 pm
HONOLULU - A modern voyaging canoe is back in Hawaiian waters after a year of serving as a science, technology and safety escort for the vessel Hokule'a.
- New Zealand sets England victory target of 350 in 4th ODI Updated: Jun-17-15 1:33 pm
NOTTINGHAM, England - A combative 90 from Kane Williamson and half centuries from Grant Elliott and Martin Guptill helped New Zealand reach 349-7 in the fourth one-day international on Wednesday, setting England a national-record run chase to avoid a series defeat.
- Serbia advances to under-20 World Cup final vs Brazil Updated: Jun-17-15 7:33 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Serbia reached its first Under-20 World Cup final as an independent nation after beating 10-man Mali 2-1 after extra time at North Harbour Stadium on Wednesday.
- Brazil to meet Serbia in Under-20 World Cup final Updated: Jun-17-15 6:38 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Brazil beat Senegal 5-0 to join Serbia in the final of the Under-20 World Cup and to bury the nascent suspicion football's great expressionists had embarked on a new, more sober course on Wednesday.
- Brazil beats Senegal 5-0 to reach U20 WCup final Updated: Jun-17-15 6:21 am
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand - Brazil was "perfect" in its own eyes but "lucky" in the eyes of its vanquished opponent after a 5-0 win over Senegal on Wednesday which moved the favorites into Saturday's final of the under-20 World Cup against Serbia.
- Brazil builds confidence with U20 World Cup semifinal win Updated: Jun-17-15 6:17 am
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand - A dominant performance full of goals was exactly what Brazil's under-20 football side needed ahead of Saturday's final.
- China advances with 2-2 draw against New Zealand Updated: Jun-15-15 9:47 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Wang Shanshan scored on a perfectly timed header and China benefited from a questionable called penalty to earn a 2-2 draw in the Women's World Cup against New Zealand on Monday.
- Mali, Senegal prepare for U20 World Cup semifinals Updated: Jun-14-15 11:50 pm
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand - Mali may have lost to Serbia in the group stage of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup, but the African team has no fear of a rematch in the semifinals.
- Senegal beats Uzbekistan, reaches semis at U-20 World Cup Updated: Jun-14-15 5:42 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Mamadou Thiam scored in the 76th minute to give first-time qualifiers Senegal a 1-0 win over Uzbekistan on Sunday, setting up a semifinal against five-time champion Brazil at the Under-20 World Cup.
- Mali, Senegal lead African charge at Under-20 World Cup Updated: Jun-14-15 4:44 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - African countries captured two semifinal places at the Under-20 World Cup on Sunday as Mali and Senegal kept up their surprising run in the tournament.
- Serbia beats US in penalty thriller at U20 World Cup Updated: Jun-14-15 3:53 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Serbia advanced to its maiden Under-20 World Cup semifinal Sunday with a 6-5 win on penalties over the United States.