- Test case: Players, coaches expect day-nighters to be future Updated: Nov-30-15 3:03 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - The captains and coaches were unanimous in endorsing the concept of day-night test cricket, with a few tweaks. Fans voted with their feet, and TV screens.
- Malaysian pleads guilty to indecent assault in New Zealand Updated: Nov-30-15 1:13 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A Malaysian military officer who was extradited to New Zealand after earlier leaving the country under the protection of diplomatic immunity pleaded guilty Monday to indecent assault.
- Thousands crowd Eden Park for Jonah Lomu memorial Updated: Nov-29-15 10:06 pm
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - World Rugby Chairman Bernard Lapasset led the tributes to Jonah Lomu at a public memorial Monday, saying the former All Blacks winger was a giant whose contribution to the sport "cannot be overstated."
- Australia wins 1st day-night test by 3 wickets v New Zealand Updated: Nov-29-15 7:32 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - Australia won the first ever day-night cricket test by 3 wickets against New Zealand on Sunday, with tail-enders Peter Siddle and Mitch Starc ushering the hosts to victory in a dramatic finish under lights that will almost certainly ensure the format isn't consigned to history as a one-time event.
- Cairns in limbo as perjury trial heads into 9th week Updated: Nov-27-15 12:42 pm
LONDON - Former New Zealand cricket captain Chris Cairns must wait until Monday at the earliest to learn the result of his perjury trial after jurors failed to reach a verdict following a second day of deliberations.
- Fiji sevens team to the rescue as passenger taken ill Updated: Nov-27-15 1:50 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The world champion Fiji sevens rugby team has been praised after stepping in to assist cabin crew during a medical emergency on a flight from Fiji to Brisbane on Thursday.
- Australia, New Zealand ready for 1st day-night test match Updated: Nov-26-15 12:59 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - Pink leather and bright lights. The color and the concept are creating a stir in cricket circles on the eve of the sport's first day-night test match.
- New Zealand extradition hearing against Kim Dotcom ends Updated: Nov-24-15 5:31 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A court hearing in New Zealand on whether to extradite Kim Dotcom and three others who helped run the website Megaupload to the United States ended Tuesday after nine weeks of arguments.
- 4 Brits, 2 Australians die in New Zealand chopper crash Updated: Nov-21-15 9:04 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Four tourists from Britain and two from Australia are among seven people who died when a helicopter crashed on a scenic New Zealand glacier, police said.
- All Blacks captain McCaw confirms his retirement from rugby Updated: Nov-19-15 6:08 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - All Blacks captain Richie McCaw made it official: He's retiring from all rugby after a record 148 test matches across a 15-year international career capped with back-to-back World Cup titles.
- Rugby world mourns death of Lomu, the game's 1st superstar Updated: Nov-18-15 7:04 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The worshippers gathered at the Lotofale'ia Mangere Tongan Church in the South Auckland suburb where Jonah Lomu was raised grieved for the man who put their community on the international map as he strode or barged his way to becoming the first genuinely global super star of rugby.
- Lomu, who revolutionized rugby with size, speed, dies at 40 Updated: Nov-18-15 6:42 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - More by instinct than choice and off balance after fending off two desperate defenders, Jonah Lomu barreled straight over the top of a crouching Mike Catt, leaving the battered England fullback sprawling on his back as the All Black sprinted to the try line.
- Fans, friends, old rivals saddened by death of Jonah Lomu Updated: Nov-18-15 6:18 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Jonah Lomu's huge impact on the game of rugby and his fame, which spilled beyond the sport's traditional borders, was reflected in the breadth of tributes Wednesday after his unexpected death at the age of 40.
- Australian, New Zealand stocks fall after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-15-15 10:23 pm
SYDNEY - The Australian and New Zealand stock markets began trading lower Monday after becoming the first markets in developed economies to open since Friday's terrorist attacks in Paris killed 129 people.
- Vietnam and New Zealand aim to double trade Updated: Nov-15-15 4:21 am
HANOI, Vietnam - Vietnam and New Zealand have signed several cooperation agreements during a visit by Prime Minister John Key to Hanoi as they seek to double bilateral trade in the next five years.
- Report: NZ back at Soldier Field to play Ireland in 2016 Updated: Nov-13-15 8:35 am
Rugby World Cup champion New Zealand is going back to Soldier Field in Chicago next November and lining up against Ireland.
- New Zealand won't appeal Olympic tournament disqualification Updated: Nov-12-15 11:33 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand Football will not appeal the disqualification of its under-23 team from Olympic qualifying, fearing such action might invite scrutiny of the eligibility of other players.
- Bach expects IAAF to take 'necessary' action against Russia Updated: Nov-11-15 4:17 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - IOC President Thomas Bach said Wednesday he expects track and field's world governing body to take "the necessary measures" against the Russian federation for its record on doping.
- Scott says caddie's book won't be a distraction Updated: Nov-05-15 6:07 am
SHANGHAI - Adam Scott hasn't read caddie Steve Williams' book about Tiger Woods and doesn't expect it to be a distraction when Williams is working for him.
- Victory beat Wellington 3-0 in A-League Updated: Nov-02-15 2:47 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Striker Besart Berisha scored twice and Kosta Barbarouses also netted against his former club as defending champion the Melbourne Victory beat Wellington 3-0 Monday to end the fourth round of Australian football's A-League.
- AP's composite team of the Rugby World Cup Updated: Nov-01-15 5:58 pm
LONDON - Imagine having Rugby World Cup stars Dan Carter, David Pocock, Fourie du Preez and Mamuka Gorgodze in the same side.
- All Blacks have succession plan to replace old guard Updated: Nov-01-15 5:16 pm
LONDON - Players come and go, and yet the All Blacks keep winning.
- Caddie opens up on Tiger Woods' affairs in tell-all book Updated: Nov-01-15 12:38 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Tiger Woods' former caddie Steve Williams has described his anger and frustration at being "hung out to dry" by Woods' management when the golfer's infidelities were revealed in 2009, and says he was sometimes treated as a "slave" on the course.
- Richie McCaw earns a rest after 2nd Rugby World Cup title Updated: Oct-31-15 6:31 pm
New Zealand has done its best to lavish honors on Richie McCaw in recognition of one of the greatest All Blacks careers, a contribution which likely ended with New Zealand's victory over Australia in the Rugby World Cup final on Saturday.
- Australia goes down fighting in Rugby World Cup final Updated: Oct-31-15 5:52 pm
LONDON - In a Rugby World Cup final few expected them to reach, the Wallabies produced a comeback that seemed improbable at halftime.