- No 1 golfer Ko says Olympics her 'top priority' this year Updated: Feb-10-16 6:20 pm
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand - Top-ranked golfer Lydia Ko says the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro will be her top priority this year.
- 1st of 4 WBC qualifying tournaments set for Sydney Updated: Feb-09-16 7:53 pm
SYDNEY - The first of four regional qualifiers for next year's World Baseball Classic begins Thursday with host team Australia aiming to advance to the final 16 and improve on its poor record in past tournaments.
- Tonga declares Zika epidemic after 5 confirmed cases Updated: Feb-05-16 5:38 am
NUKU'ALOFA, Tonga - The tiny South Pacific kingdom of Tonga said Friday it has a Zika epidemic after five people tested positive for the virus and another 265 are suspected of having it.
- Malaysian officer to serve 9 months for New Zealand assault Updated: Feb-03-16 11:19 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A Malaysian military officer whose legal case prompted outrage after he left New Zealand under the protection of diplomatic immunity was sentenced Thursday to nine months of home detention after pleading guilty to indecent assault.
- US, 11 other countries sign free-trade deal in New Zealand Updated: Feb-03-16 8:14 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Trade ministers from 12 Pacific Rim countries including the United States gathered Thursday in New Zealand for the ceremonial signing of a free-trade deal they say will significantly boost trade.
- Woodward, Hulett to manage in World Classic qualifying Updated: Jan-27-16 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - Former big league infielder Chris Woodward will manage New Zealand in qualifying next month for the 2017 World Baseball Classic.
- FIFA to punish Papua New Guinea for Olympic playoff no-show Updated: Jan-25-16 5:53 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has opened a disciplinary case against the Papua New Guinea soccer federation whose women's team failed to travel to New Zealand for an Olympic qualifying playoff scheduled on Tuesday.
- Prince Ali confident he can win FIFA presidential election Updated: Jan-22-16 4:27 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Prince Ali of Jordan is confident he can win the FIFA presidential election and turn around what he says is a critical situation facing football's governing body.
- All 60 aboard New Zealand tourist boat rescued from fire Updated: Jan-18-16 9:30 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - All 60 people forced overboard after their tourist boat caught fire Monday off the coast of New Zealand have been rescued, according to authorities.
- Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra announces world tour Updated: Jan-18-16 7:21 am
NEW YORK - Wynton Marsalis is taking the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra on its longest tour in nearly 15 years, covering 15 cities in 10 countries over 40 days.
- Bautista Agut wins ASB Classic as ill Sock retires Updated: Jan-15-16 10:01 pm
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Spain's Roberto Bautista Agut won the ASB Classic singles title when his American opponent Jack Sock was forced to retire with illness while trailing 6-1, 1-0 in Saturday's final.
- Sock beats Ferrer to reach Auckland final Updated: Jan-15-16 5:39 am
SYDNEY - Jack Sock ended David Ferrer's hopes of a fifth singles title in Auckland when he beat the top-seeded Spaniard 3-6, 6-1, 6-2 in the ASB Classic semifinals on Friday.
- David Bowie's 'China Girl' says music video changed her life Updated: Jan-13-16 3:40 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - In 1983, New Zealander Geeling Ching was 23 years old and waiting tables at a Sydney cafe when she was chosen to play the lead role in David Bowie's "China Girl."