- The Latest: New Zealand reviews its foreign trust rules Updated: Apr-10-16 11:46 pm
LONDON - The Latest on the publication by a coalition of media outlets of an investigation into offshore financial dealings by the rich and famous (all times local):
- Hong Kong emerges as hub for creating offshore companies Updated: Apr-09-16 8:44 pm
HONG KONG - The same year Jasmine Li, whose grandfather was the fourth-ranked politician in China at the time, donned a floral Carolina Herrera gown and debuted at a ball in Paris, a company called Harvest Sun Trading Ltd. was born in an aging building at the edge of Hong Kong's red light district. The next year Li bought the company for $1.
- Tiny British Virgin Islands has big role in leaked documents Updated: Apr-09-16 1:20 am
TORTOLA, British Virgin Islands - A thriving financial services industry that evolved over the last 30 years in the British Virgin Islands made it one of the most popular places in the world to form a corporation, turning a sleepy cluster of Caribbean islands into a global hub of finance.
- Panama Papers leaks name prominent China political families Updated: Apr-07-16 1:58 am
BEIJING - The Panama Papers document leak reported by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists names family members of eight present or past members of China's all-powerful Politburo Standing Committee, including the brother-in-law of president and Communist Party leader Xi Jinping and a distant relative of the founder of the communist state, Mao Zedong.
- Despite global outcry, tackling tax havens is a tough task Updated: Apr-05-16 12:29 pm
LONDON - There's one part of the British Empire on which the sun still does not set: its tax havens.
- Ex-Moldova PM named as having shares in 2 offshore companies Updated: Apr-04-16 2:58 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - An investigation into how politicians use offshore companies to hide their assets named a former Moldovan prime minister Monday as having shares in two offshore companies in the British Virgin Islands.