- Defense: FBI probe in 9/11 trial has implications Updated: Apr-23-14 6:47 pm
- Oldest living ex-MLB player dies in Cuba at 102 Updated: Apr-23-14 5:32 pm
- Lawyer: US man held in Cuba seeks to go home soon Updated: Apr-23-14 5:22 pm
- Conrado Marrero, oldest living ex-MLB player, dies Updated: Apr-23-14 2:30 pm
- Report on CIA interrogations shadows Gitmo trials Updated: Apr-23-14 1:03 pm
- Govt must turn over info on CIA prisons to defense Updated: Apr-22-14 7:28 pm
- Lawmakers seek change in MLB Cuban player policy Updated: Apr-22-14 7:04 pm
- Miami youth group helped 'Cuban Twitter' Updated: Apr-22-14 4:26 pm
- Mexico editor: Garcia Marquez left manuscript Updated: Apr-22-14 3:47 pm
- 2014 Cuba film festival to honor Garcia Marquez Updated: Apr-22-14 3:29 pm
- Plea change set for 1984 US-to-Cuba hijacker Updated: Apr-22-14 1:44 pm
- FBI probe confirmed in 9/11 case at Guantanamo Updated: Apr-21-14 9:07 pm
- High court rejects new Guantanamo appeal Updated: Apr-21-14 9:58 am
- Cuba home woes endure despite real-estate reform Updated: Apr-21-14 1:37 am
- Mixed feelings for Garcia Marquez in hometown Updated: Apr-18-14 11:34 pm
- Dodgers' Puig focuses on baseball despite issues Updated: Apr-17-14 10:27 pm
- Affidavit: Smuggler threats follow Puig from Cuba Updated: Apr-17-14 3:39 pm
- Cuba publishes text of foreign investment law Updated: Apr-16-14 6:17 pm
- Cuban doctors in eye of Venezuelan hurricane Updated: Apr-16-14 12:40 am
- Window opens on secret camp within Guantanamo Updated: Apr-13-14 7:37 pm
- French minister in Cuba as Europe seeks opening Updated: Apr-12-14 10:35 pm
- Senate committee orders review of 'Cuban Twitter' Updated: Apr-10-14 2:22 pm
- 2nd delay in Fla. trial of Cuba hijacker Updated: Apr-10-14 3:05 am
- Cuba probes mobile data leak in ZunZuneo case Updated: Apr-09-14 3:46 pm
- Guantanamo prisoner appeals to panel for release Updated: Apr-08-14 5:05 pm
FORT MEADE, Maryland - The defense team for five people facing trial before a Sept. 11 war crimes tribunal claimed implications of the FBI's questioning of one of its members are "staggering" and called on the court to probe the incident aggressively, according to a motion unsealed on Wednesday.
HAVANA - Conrado Marrero, the diminutive Cuban right-hander who pitched for the Washington Senators in the 1950s and in 2011 became the oldest living former Major League Baseball player, died in Havana on Wednesday. He was 102, just two days short of his 103rd birthday.
HAVANA - The lawyer for U.S. government subcontractor Alan Gross, who has been imprisoned for more than four years in Cuba, said Wednesday his client is certain he will go home in the next year, be it alive or dead.
HAVANA - Family members say Conrado Marrero, the oldest living former Major League Baseball player, has died in Havana. He was 102, just two days short of his 103rd birthday.
WASHINGTON - The planned release of portions of the Senate report on the CIA's use of harsh interrogation techniques could add to the legal complications facing the long-delayed U.S. military tribunals of terrorist suspects at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
FORT MEADE, Maryland - Prosecutors must turn over never-revealed details about the time a Guantanamo Bay detainee spent in secret CIA prisons after his arrest in connection with the deadly attack on the USS Cole in Yemen, according to a military judge's order released Tuesday.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Two Florida lawmakers motivated by Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig's dangerous escape from Cuba are trying to change the way Major League Baseball treats Cuban players and are willing to tie state money for stadiums to the issue.
MIAMI - Leaders with the largest nonprofit organization for young Cuban-Americans quietly provided strategic support for the federal government's secret "Cuban Twitter" program, connecting contractors with potential investors and serving as paid consultants, The Associated Press has learned.
MEXICO CITY - Novelist Gabriel Garcia Marquez left behind an unpublished manuscript that he chose not to print while he was alive, an editor told The Associated Press on Tuesday as the writer's compatriots held a musical tribute to him in his native Colombia.
HAVANA - Cuba is dedicating this year's Havana Film Festival to the late Nobel Prize-winning novelist Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
MIAMI - A change of plea hearing has been set for an American who returned from Cuba decades after hijacking a jetliner to the communist island.
MIAMI - A federal prosecutor confirmed the existence Monday of the FBI investigation that has thrown the Sept. 11 war crimes tribunal at Guantanamo into disarray.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has declined another appeal from a Guantanamo Bay prisoner who argues that federal appellate judges in Washington are ignoring the high court's command that the detainees be given a meaningful opportunity to challenge their confinement.
HAVANA - The residents of 308 Oquendo Street were jolted awake in the middle of the night by violent shaking and a noise that they likened to a freight train, or an exploding bomb.
ARACATACA, Colombia - Gabriel Garcia Marquez and his homeland had a relationship as conflicted as any in the Nobel laureate's twisting and impassioned novels.
SAN FRANCISCO - Yasiel Puig believes he has the support from his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates and the club to help him keep his focus on baseball despite challenges off the field.
MIAMI - The smugglers who helped Los Angeles Dodgers star Yasiel Puig leave Cuba on a speedboat have made death threats against him and against a Cuban boxer who says he defected with Puig, according to court documents.
HAVANA - Cuba on Wednesday published the full language of a new law that seeks to make it more attractive for foreign investors to bring badly needed capital to the island, but provides less advantage for projects that are 100 percent foreign-financed.
CARACAS, Venezuela - When Judith Faraiz's son was near death after a severe motorcycle accident, she put his life in the hands of God and Cuban doctors.
GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba - Attorney James Connell has visited his client inside the secret Guantanamo prison complex known as Camp 7 only once, taken in a van with covered windows on a circuitous trek to disguise the route on the scrub brush-and-cactus covered military base.
HAVANA - A French foreign minister visited Cuba for the first time in more than 30 years Saturday, traveling to the communist-run nation at a time when it is seeking to attract more foreign investment and improve ties with the European Union.
WASHINGTON - The Senate Foreign Relations Committee asked the U.S. Agency for International Development on Thursday to turn over all records about the Obama administration's secret Cuban twitter program as part of a broader review of the agency's civil-society efforts worldwide.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A federal judge has granted a second delay in the trial of an American who hijacked an airliner to Cuba 30 years ago but decided to return voluntarily.
HAVANA - Cuba's government said Wednesday it has launched a probe into how hundreds of thousands of customer cellphone numbers fell into the hands of a U.S. government program that used them to secretly set up a mobile-based, Twitter-like social network on the island.
MIAMI - A prisoner held 12 years without charge at the Guantanamo Bay U.S. naval base made his case for release Tuesday in front of a new U.S. government review board.