- Cardinals introduce Cuban SS Aledmys Diaz Updated: Mar-10-14 2:47 pm
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92 Updated: Mar-10-14 10:55 am
- Aftershock earthquake in Cuba felt in Florida Keys Updated: Mar-09-14 3:40 pm
- Cardinals sign Cuban free agent to contract Updated: Mar-09-14 3:03 pm
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba Updated: Mar-08-14 3:05 pm
- Thousands in Cuba for concert for 'The Five' Updated: Mar-01-14 11:31 pm
- Cuba humidor auction tops $1.1M in Havana Updated: Mar-01-14 3:01 pm
- Ex-Gitmo inmate faces Syrian terror charges in UK Updated: Mar-01-14 7:11 am
- Art stolen from Cuban museum, turns up in Miami Updated: Feb-28-14 6:08 pm
- 'Cuban Five' agent imprisoned in US back in Havana Updated: Feb-28-14 4:40 pm
- Lack of federal documents delays hijacker trial Updated: Feb-28-14 5:58 am
- Matos, Cuban rebel leader turned Castro foe, dies Updated: Feb-27-14 2:01 pm
- Another Cuban 5 spy released from US prison Updated: Feb-27-14 1:19 pm
- IU professor hopes to take students to Cuba Updated: Feb-27-14 10:01 am
- UK police arrest ex-Guantanamo detainee over Syria Updated: Feb-25-14 12:26 pm
- In Cuba, trend seen away from eccentric names Updated: Feb-25-14 12:00 pm
- University of Miami holds forum on Venezuela Updated: Feb-24-14 5:49 am
- US Sen. Marco Rubio helps inaugurate Cuba memorial Updated: Feb-23-14 4:40 pm
- Taliban says it suspends talks on held US soldier Updated: Feb-23-14 11:56 am
- Dodgers sign Cuban SS Erisbel Arruebarrena Updated: Feb-22-14 8:07 pm
- Cuban lost while windsurfing to Fla. found adrift Updated: Feb-22-14 6:25 pm
- First US-Cuba museum exchange in 5 decades Updated: Feb-21-14 2:22 pm
- Cuban migrant lost while windsurfing found adrift Updated: Feb-21-14 10:13 am
- Cuban writer Padura tests US literary waters Updated: Feb-20-14 3:35 pm
- Guantanamo prisoner sentence could be 15 years Updated: Feb-20-14 2:55 pm
JUPITER, Florida - After spending years trying to find a quality shortstop, the St. Louis Cardinals now appear to have an excess.
HAVANA - Melba Hernandez, one of two women who helped Fidel Castro launch his revolutionary battle with a failed 1953 attack on a military barracks, and who was later named a "heroine of the Cuban Revolution" has died at age 92.
MIAMI - A fourth aftershock from an earthquake that occurred in Cuba two months ago was felt in parts of the Florida Keys.
JUPITER, Florida - The St. Louis Cardinals signed Cuban free agent shortstop Aledmys Diaz to a major league contract and he'll report to spring training on Monday.
MIAMI - The U.S. Coast Guard says that 10 migrants found floating on a pair of vessels near Florida this week have been repatriated to Cuba.
HAVANA - Thousands of Cubans rallied at the University of Havana on Saturday night for a concert to give a hero's welcome to the second of five intelligence agents to return to the island after completing long prison terms in the United States.
HAVANA - Cigar enthusiasts paid more than ‚¬798,000 ($1.1 million) for six handmade Cuban humidors early Saturday at the gala closing of Havana's 16th annual Cigar Festival.
LONDON - A former Guantanamo Bay detainee and human rights activist was arraigned Saturday in a London court on charges of promoting terrorism in Syria.
HAVANA - Dozens of works of art were secretly taken from a storage facility at Cuba's flagship National Museum of Fine Arts and some have surfaced across the Florida Straits in Miami, museum and gallery officials said Friday.
HAVANA - A second member of the "Cuban Five" returned to the Caribbean island and a hero's welcome Friday, a day after leaving a prison in the United States, where he spent 15 years behind bars on spy-related charges.
MIAMI - A lack of needed State Department documents has forced delay in the trial of an American who hijacked an airliner to Cuba decades ago and returned voluntarily.
MIAMI - Huber Matos Benitez, who helped lead the Cuban Revolution as one of Fidel Castro's key lieutenants before his efforts to resign from the burgeoning communist government landed him in prison for 20 years, has died. He was 95.
MIAMI - A second member of the "Cuban Five" - the spy ring whose arrests and convictions have caused repeated tensions between Washington and Havana - was released Thursday from a U.S. prison after spending more than 15 years behind bars.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - More than nine years ago, Indiana University professor Dennis Conway had prepared a class to visit the "rich, old island" of Cuba.
LONDON - A former Guantanamo Bay detainee who is a well-known advocate for the rights of terrorism suspects was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of Syria-related terrorism offenses, British police said.
HAVANA - Yanitse Garcia has spent three decades correcting people on the pronunciation and spelling of her first name.
CORAL GABLES, Florida - The University of Miami's Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies is examining the mass protests in Venezuela and their potential effects on Cuba.
MIAMI - With political uprisings in Venezuela and the Ukraine, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio is urging the world not to forget the Cuban people's struggles. The son of Cuban immigrants on Saturday helped thousands of Cuban exiles and Cuban-Americans in Miami inaugurate a monument dedicated to those who died in opposition to Cuba's communist government.
ISLAMABAD - Afghanistan's Taliban said Sunday they had suspended "mediation" with the United States to exchange captive Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five senior Taliban prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay, halting - at least temporarily - what was considered the best chance yet of securing the 27-year-old soldier's freedom since his capture in 2009.
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Los Angeles Dodgers signed Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarrena to a $25 million, five-year contract Saturday.
KEY WEST, Florida - The third and last Cuban migrant who disappeared while trying to windsurf across the Florida Straits has been found adrift.
KEY WEST, Florida - Sandra Ramos has never wanted to emigrate from Cuba, but in her more than four decades on the island, she has seen many people leave.
KEY WEST, Florida - A Cuban migrant who disappeared while trying to windsurf across the Florida Straits has been found adrift on his board.
MIAMI - Sitting in the courtyard of a picturesque Miami bookstore cafe, Cuban writer Leonardo Padura chuckles between drags on a cigarette.
FORT MEADE, Maryland - A Guantanamo Bay prisoner pleaded guilty Thursday to war crime charges in a pretrial deal aimed at limiting his sentence to 15 years for helping plan the suicide bombing of an oil tanker off Yemen in 2002 that killed a crewman and wounded a dozen others.