- Two-time Olympic champion Felix Sanchez announces retirement Updated: Apr-26-16 8:16 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Two-time Olympic 400-meter hurdles gold medalist Felix Sanchez has announced his retirement at the age 38 and will not compete in the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Cuban players paid smugglers $15 million, prosecutors say Updated: Apr-26-16 4:53 pm
MIAMI - Cuban baseball players paid a South Florida-based smuggling ring more than $15 million to leave the communist island in secretive ventures that included phony documents, false identities and surreptitious boat voyages to Mexico, Haiti and the Dominican Republic, federal prosecutors say.
- Yankees say 18-year-old minor leaguer killed in car crash Updated: Apr-24-16 2:22 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees say Sandy Acevedo, an infielder in their minor league system who was set to begin his professional career this season, has been killed in a car crash. He was 18.
- MLB's 1st Dominican umpire debuts in Indians-Tigers game Updated: Apr-22-16 10:41 pm
- US Coast Guard seizes $33M worth of coke in Caribbean waters Updated: Apr-15-16 6:05 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The U.S. Coast Guard says it has seized $33 million worth of cocaine in international waters south of the Dominican Republic.
- 993 kilograms of cocaine seized off Dominican Republic Updated: Apr-15-16 3:17 am
MIAMI - Authorities say a South Florida drug task force seized 993 kilograms of cocaine about 95 miles south of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- Cubans on opening day MLB rosters rise to 23 Updated: Apr-04-16 4:58 pm
NEW YORK - Twenty-three Cubans were on opening day major league rosters following a series of high-profile defections, an increase of five over last year and the most since the commissioner's office began releasing data in 1995.
- Delaware man turns storage container into safe havens Updated: Apr-03-16 9:00 am
REHOBOTH BEACH, Delaware - It's just an old, metal shipping container.