- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:25 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that John Smoltz was the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz was the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Pedro Martinez inducted into baseball Hall of Fame Updated: Jul-26-15 4:54 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - Pedro Martinez has been inducted into the Hall of Fame after a career in which he helped the Boston Red Sox end their World Series jinx.
- ESPN says Cowherd won't be on air after Dominican comments Updated: Jul-24-15 6:00 pm
NEW YORK - ESPN says radio host Colin Cowherd won't be on the air again before leaving the network in the wake of his remarks about major league baseball players from the Dominican Republic.
- US going to Uzbekistan in Davis Cup playoffs, Swiss vs Dutch Updated: Jul-21-15 7:05 am
LONDON - The United States will travel to Uzbekistan for the first time among some tough away trips in the Davis Cup World Group playoffs in September.
- Many leave Dominican Republic for Haiti to avoid deportation Updated: Jul-14-15 12:08 am
OUANAMINTHE, Haiti - Thousands of people from Haiti or merely of Haitian descent aren't waiting to see if they'll be forcibly removed from the Dominican Republic now that the deadline has passed to apply for legal residency.
- MLB teams increase international spending, seeking edge Updated: Jul-12-15 7:17 pm
CINCINNATI - For all the talk about big-money contracts for major leaguers, the New York Yankees spent nearly $18.1 million on international amateurs during the last signing period.
- Ex-prelate hospitalized ahead of trial on sex abuse, porn Updated: Jul-11-15 1:13 pm
VATICAN CITY - A former papal diplomat accused of sexually abusing teenage boys while stationed in the Dominican Republic has been hospitalized in intensive care, forcing adjournment of his trial Saturday in a Vatican courtroom for allegedly causing grave psychological harm to the victims and possessing an enormous quantity of child pornography.
- Feds charge woman with smuggling cocaine in wheelchair Updated: Jul-09-15 8:55 pm
BOSTON - A woman from the Dominican Republic has been indicted on federal charges in connection with alleged smuggling of cocaine hidden in wheelchair batteries.
- 5 sentenced in $25M Medicare fraud involving Nicaragua, D.R. Updated: Jul-05-15 3:52 am
MIAMI - Five people have been sent to federal prison for their roles in a $25 million Medicare fraud scheme that involved people from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic posing as U.S. patients.
- UN leader offers assistance in Guyana-Venezuela dispute Updated: Jul-03-15 4:08 pm
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday offered assistance to resolve an escalating border dispute between Guyana and Venezuela.
- Rangers have deal with teen international prospect Taveras Updated: Jul-02-15 8:21 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers have agreed to terms on a $2.1 million deal with switch-hitting teenager Leodys Taveras, one of the top international free agents.
- Twins recall star prospect Miguel Sano from Double-A Updated: Jul-02-15 6:40 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Even the few Minnesota Twins fans who turned up in Kansas City on Thursday night were quick to recognize Miguel Sano, the strapping slugger standing on the top step of the dugout.