- Scientists: Major coral bleaching crisis spreads worldwide Updated: Oct-08-15 10:10 am
WASHINGTON - The bleaching of colorful coral is spreading into a worldwide, devastating crisis, scientists say, and they predict it will likely get worse.
- EU official: Haitian ban on Dominican goods will be costly Updated: Sep-22-15 6:48 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - A European Union official warned Tuesday that an impending Haitian ban on some Dominican Republic products will drive up prices in the impoverished country.
- Vatican could compensate victims of ex-Dominican ambassador Updated: Sep-19-15 8:10 pm
HAVANA - The Vatican is signaling a willingness to compensate the victims of its former ambassador to the Dominican Republic, who died before going on trial for the alleged sexual abuse of young boys.
- Dominican Republic issues alert amid rise in dengue cases Updated: Sep-19-15 5:09 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Health officials in the Dominican Republic have issued an alert as the number of dengue cases and deaths continue to rise in the Caribbean country.
- Man pleads guilty in Vermont drug case; faces 15-18 years Updated: Sep-18-15 4:06 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A man from the Dominican Republic who federal prosecutors say helped bring drugs to the Vermont city of Rutland has agreed to serve 15 to 18 years in prison after pleading guilty to a variety of drug charges.
- Sydney, Mexicali, Panama City, New York host WBC qualifiers Updated: Sep-17-15 4:00 pm
NEW YORK - Qualifying for the 2017 World Baseball Classic will start in Australia in February.
- Homeland Security taking to the sky in drug smuggling fight Updated: Sep-10-15 3:51 pm
ABOVE THE CARIBBEAN SEA - As soon as the aging P-3 surveillance plane rumbles off the island runway, a crew of three agents for U.S. Customs and Border Protection begins hunting with high-tech radar for anything that looks out of the ordinary in the vast Caribbean Sea.
- Former Cardinals ace Joaquin Andujar dies at 62 Updated: Sep-08-15 7:49 pm
ST. LOUIS - Joaquin Andujar, a star pitcher with the St. Louis Cardinals in the 1980s who called himself "One tough Dominican," has died in his native Dominican Republic. He was 62.