- Old Duvalier party plans to run in Haiti election Updated: Apr-24-14 7:59 pm
- US threatens to pull aid to Haiti over late vote Updated: Apr-24-14 6:22 pm
- US awards $4M to help Haitians hurt by drought Updated: Apr-24-14 2:17 pm
- Ros-Lehtinen concerned about Haiti vote delay Updated: Apr-23-14 12:40 pm
- Florida university opens TB lab in Haiti Updated: Apr-23-14 11:16 am
- Notre Dame seeks sustainable home model for Haiti Updated: Apr-23-14 10:13 am
- Mob in Dominican Republic kills Haitian father Updated: Apr-20-14 6:28 pm
- Miami hosts 'Caribbean: Crossroads of the World' Updated: Apr-18-14 12:55 pm
- Amnesty: Haiti human rights activist threatened Updated: Apr-15-14 10:14 pm
- Report finds faults in US housing effort in Haiti Updated: Apr-15-14 7:46 pm
- Haiti names new minister for Haitians abroad Updated: Apr-10-14 3:05 am
- Some Haitian quake displaced camps growing again Updated: Apr-07-14 10:20 pm
- Pendleton church sacrifices annual mission trip Updated: Apr-05-14 1:50 pm
- Treaty's tighter adoption rules kick in for Haiti Updated: Apr-04-14 7:49 pm
- Heineken: $100Mm investment in Haiti brewery Updated: Apr-04-14 6:22 pm
- Haiti PM shakes up Cabinet for 3rd time in 2 years Updated: Apr-02-14 10:25 pm
- Turks and Caicos detains 114 Haitian migrants Updated: Mar-31-14 4:10 pm
- Miami photojournalist offers 25-year retrospective Updated: Mar-30-14 3:41 am
- Florida congressional representatives visit Haiti Updated: Mar-28-14 12:39 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The old political party founded under the Duvalier dictatorship says it plans to enter candidates in Haitian elections that are supposed to be held by year's end, a party member said Thursday.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The U.S. government has warned Haiti that it risks losing aid if it doesn't hold elections that are more than two years overdue.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The American government has awarded $4 million to help Haitian families hurt by a drought in the Caribbean nation's northwest.
MIAMI - A Florida congresswoman is calling on Haiti's Senate to approve an agreement seeking to organize long-overdue parliamentary and local elections in the Caribbean country.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The University of Florida on Wednesday opened a state-of-the-art lab in Haiti to train researchers to better understand and fight tuberculosis.
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - While foreign aid is necessary to help countries get back on their feet in the immediate wake of a natural disaster, Notre Dame's Engineering2Empower program believes rebuilding needs to originate internally for a country to re-establish itself.
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - A Haitian man died after being attacked by a mob in the Dominican Republic for allegedly stabbing his 4-month-old daughter, authorities said Sunday.
MIAMI - One of the opening images in "Caribbean: Crossroads of the World" features a massive nuclear submarine breaking the surface off what appears to be a cold northern coastline, with evergreens that would never thrive in tropical weather.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - A leading human rights activist in Haiti has been threatened for his work, Amnesty International said Tuesday, marking the latest documented case of attacks or threats against watchdog groups in the Caribbean nation.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - An effort by Washington to build housing for Haitians in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake has fallen short and exceeded costs, a U.S. government report said Tuesday.
MIAMI - The Haitian government will soon have a new representative in Miami.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Many of the camps for Haitians displaced by the 2010 earthquake are growing again, even as the overall population of people displaced by the disaster continues to fall, according to a study released Monday.
PENDLETON, Oregon - The annual mission trip is a big deal for the youth at Pendleton's First Assembly of God. The destination remains a mystery until the unveiling, which their leader does with flair during a youth group meeting. By the end of his verbal intro, the name of the country is projected onto a screen.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Foreigners seeking to adopt a child from Haiti will now have better assurances the new family member wasn't trafficked.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The Dutch brewer Heineken announced Friday that it is investing $100 million in its Haiti production plant that makes the popular lager Prestige.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haiti's prime minister used Twitter on Wednesday to announce he was replacing about half of the 22-member Cabinet, marking the third major government shake-up in less than two years.
PROVIDENCIALES, Turks and Caicos - Authorities in the Turks and Caicos Islands have an intercepted a vessel with 114 Haitian migrants as it passed through the chain southeast of the Bahamas.
MIAMI - Pulitzer Prize winning Miami Herald photojournalist Carl Juste will display 25 years of work this month with a retrospective covering his photography from Haiti, Cuba, across the Caribbean and home in Miami.
MIAMI - A bipartisan delegation of South Florida's congressional representatives is visiting Haiti.