- Haiti leader sends election law for publication Updated: Dec-10-13 9:40 pm
- 2 Haitians helped with surgeries in Kansas Updated: Dec-10-13 11:21 am
- Rights group condemns violent eviction in Haiti Updated: Dec-09-13 4:38 pm
- USAID now focusing on housing finance in Haiti Updated: Dec-09-13 4:33 pm
- Haiti protest derides Dominican court ruling Updated: Dec-06-13 3:37 pm
- UN asks Dominican Republic to restore nationality Updated: Dec-05-13 12:40 pm
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti Updated: Dec-05-13 12:16 pm
- Somber tales of deadly voyage by Haitian migrants Updated: Dec-03-13 7:07 pm
- HIV rates in Haiti drop over decade Updated: Dec-01-13 2:01 pm
- Several thousand in Haiti march in 2 protests Updated: Nov-29-13 6:16 pm
- Dominicans send more people to Haiti, total at 464 Updated: Nov-28-13 1:58 pm
- Maine-NH group heading to Haiti to help children Updated: Nov-28-13 11:19 am
- Amnesty Intl: Gay rights office in Haiti attacked Updated: Nov-27-13 5:04 pm
- Dominicans send 88 more to Haiti; total now 357 Updated: Nov-26-13 9:23 pm
- Sean Penn: Madonna in Haiti to see his aid work Updated: Nov-25-13 11:31 pm
- Deportation fears on rise in Dominican Republic Updated: Nov-21-13 12:04 pm
- Haiti's prime minister tours Silicon Valley Updated: Nov-20-13 8:04 pm
- From '04 tsunami recovery, lessons for Philippines Updated: Nov-20-13 6:17 am
- UN mission in Haiti concerned about violence Updated: Nov-17-13 4:58 pm
- Water a pressing concern for typhoon survivors Updated: Nov-16-13 9:58 pm
- 239 Haitian migrants returned home by Coast Guard Updated: Nov-15-13 8:18 am
- Haitian rock band RAM set to perform in Miami Updated: Nov-15-13 3:05 am
- Haiti orphanage workers attacked, 1 dead Updated: Nov-11-13 5:43 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The Haitian government took an important step on Tuesday to organize legislative and local elections that are two years overdue.
GALENA, Kansas - Beatrice Massier and Esther Julnide lined up their walkers Monday afternoon for a footrace of sorts.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - An international rights group is protesting the violent eviction of around 60 families from their makeshift homes in a settlement outside Haiti's capital.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The U.S. Agency for International Development will shift from building houses to financing them for people displaced by the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, the agency's chief for the Caribbean nation said Monday.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Hundreds of protesters gathered Friday to criticize a recent court decision in the Dominican Republic that could strip the citizenship of generations of people of Haitian descent living in the neighboring country.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The United Nations is asking the Dominican Republic to quickly restore the nationality of individuals affected by a recent court decision that could revoke the citizenship of tens of thousands of people.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - A major international airline carrier is introducing flights to Haiti.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - An exhausted Justin Desamour stepped off a plane Tuesday with cuts up and down his slender arm, relieved to be back in his homeland but haunted by his fresh memories of a disastrous journey.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince says the number of Haitians who have tested positive for HIV has declined over the past decade.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Several thousand Haitians marched in parallel protests on Friday in the Caribbean nation's capital.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Authorities in the Dominican Republic have sent more Haitians and others of Haitian descent across the border into Haiti.
KITTERY POINT, Maine - A seven-member group from Maine and New Hampshire is bringing hundreds of pounds of donated harmonicas, jump ropes, dresses, medical supplies, and other items to children in Haiti recovering from the 2010 earthquake.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Amnesty International says the office of a gay rights group in Haiti has been ransacked and two of its members beaten.
NEIBA, Dominican Republic - Authorities in the Dominican Republic rounded up 88 more people and sent them to Haiti, two migrant advocates said Tuesday.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Madonna is in Haiti to visit humanitarian projects that ex-husband Sean Penn has been overseeing since the Caribbean nation's devastating earthquake in 2010, the actor said Monday.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Wilver Cuevas Betances was born in the Dominican Republic and never left until he ran into some soldiers at a bus station in Santo Domingo who demanded his passport.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California - From Google to Facebook to Apple, Haiti's Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe took a whirlwind tour through Silicon Valley's most elite tech firms, persuading some of the world's wealthiest and most successful corporate executives to share support and innovation with the poorest country in the Americas.
MANILA, Philippines - The man who steered Indonesia to recovery after the 2004 tsunami has some cautionary words for the Philippines as it begins planning reconstruction after Typhoon Haiyan: Survivors will get angry about living in tents well before permanent houses are ready, and inflation will soon make those houses much more expensive to build.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The United Nations peacekeeping mission in Haiti say it's "deeply concerned" by a recent wave of violence in several cities in the impoverished Caribbean nation.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Since the typhoon hit, Danny Estember has been hiking three hours round-trip into the mountains each day to obtain what he can only hope is clean water for his five daughters and two sons.
MIAMI - The U.S. Coast Guard has picked up more than 230 Haitian migrants at sea and returned them to their Caribbean homeland.
MIAMI - One of Haiti's prominent hoteliers is performing with his voodoo-inspired rock band in Miami.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - A Haitian man was killed and an Irish woman received minor injuries when they were beaten with a hammer during a break-in at the orphanage where they worked, police said Monday.