- The Latest: Coe gets to work right away as IAAF president Updated: Aug-30-15 1:05 pm
BEIJING - The Latest from the IAAF world championships (all times local):
- Moving on: US bobbles a relay, starts thinking about Rio Updated: Aug-30-15 12:59 pm
BEIJING - For the world's best sprinters, passing the baton in the 4x400 relay is about as easy as rolling out of bed in the morning.
- Prosecutors: Lottery scam leader deserves severe sentence Updated: Aug-27-15 6:11 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - U.S. prosecutors say the sentence for a man convicted in North Dakota of leading a Jamaican lottery scam should reflect the "severe mental anguish" he caused his victims.
- Woman accused in Jamaican lottery scam pleads not guilty Updated: Aug-20-15 5:43 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A woman accused of helping a man who was convicted for spearheading a Jamaican lottery scam that bilked dozens of mostly elderly people out of their retirement savings has pleaded not guilty.
- Jamaican Maroon leader Frank Lumsden dies at 73 Updated: Aug-19-15 7:12 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Frank Lumsden, a Jamaican who worked as a commodities trader in Chicago before returning to his homeland to focus on reviving the Caribbean island's Maroon culture in a backwoods community, has died. He was 73.
- US Virgin Islands ex-governor held on embezzlement charges Updated: Aug-18-15 4:24 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A former governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands and an ex-finance director in the U.S. Caribbean territory were arrested on charges of embezzling public money, authorities said Tuesday.
- Jamaica police seize over 1,000 pounds of pot at seaport Updated: Aug-16-15 4:28 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaican narcotics agents have seized a load of marijuana found hidden in two shipping containers at wharves in the Caribbean island's capital.
- Correction: Caribbean-Seaweed Invasion story Updated: Aug-12-15 3:41 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - In a story Aug. 9 about the Caribbean's seaweed invasion, The Associated Press incorrectly reported the size of the Sargasso Sea in square kilometers. It is about 2 million square miles, which is approximately 5 million square kilometers.
- Stinking mats of seaweed piling up on Caribbean beaches Updated: Aug-10-15 8:47 am
KINGSTON, Jamaica - The picture-perfect beaches and turquoise waters that people expect on their visits to the Caribbean are increasingly being fouled by mats of decaying seaweed that attract biting sand fleas and smell like rotten eggs.
- LGBT Jamaicans holding first gay pride celebration on island Updated: Aug-04-15 5:55 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica's LGBT community is holding its first gay pride celebration, a weeklong observance that was previously almost unthinkable in a Caribbean country long described as the one of the globe's most hostile places to homosexuality.