- Jamaica scientist launches medical marijuana firm Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 pm
- Reggae singer Junior Murvin dies in Jamaica Updated: Dec-02-13 4:22 pm
- Correction: Jamaica-Warheads Seized story Updated: Dec-01-13 7:28 pm
- WADA expects Russian lab to avoid Olympic ban Updated: Nov-29-13 11:51 am
- 4 Jamaican police charged with killing pastor Updated: Nov-27-13 6:16 pm
- Jamaica anti-doping board resigns after audit Updated: Nov-22-13 9:09 pm
- Track leader criticizes WADA on Jamaica probe Updated: Nov-17-13 10:36 am
- Tougher bans for doping cheats approved by WADA Updated: Nov-15-13 1:44 pm
- WADA, cycling body unite on doping inquiry Updated: Nov-14-13 10:03 am
- USADA offers to help Jamaica with doping issues Updated: Nov-13-13 2:36 pm
- Jamaica opposition roiled after leadership fight Updated: Nov-12-13 5:36 pm
- Court won't overturn Rasta pictures decision Updated: Nov-12-13 9:43 am
- Jamaica opposition leader fends off challenge Updated: Nov-10-13 6:55 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A prominent Jamaican scientist and entrepreneur is launching a company that aims to capitalize on medical marijuana, a growing global industry that he asserted Wednesday could be a boon for the island's chronically limping economy.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Reggae singer Junior Murvin, best known for the hit song "Police and Thieves," has died in Jamaica.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - In a Nov. 29 story about the seizure of ammunition in Jamaica, The Associated Press reported erroneously that authorities had seized 3,300 missile warheads. Jamaica's government says the materials that police referred to as "warheads" are used to make bullets for handguns.
ZURICH - The World Anti-Doping Agency expects the Russian laboratory assigned to test samples at the Sochi Olympics to meet Sunday's deadline for improving its operations.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Four police officers in Jamaica have been charged with fatally shooting of pastor Trevor Edwards while he was traveling in a taxi in the capital of Kingston in 2010.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - All 12 members of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission have resigned amid questions about drug testing on an island that has produced some of the world's top track stars.
MONACO - IAAF President Lamine Diack has criticized the World Anti-Doping Agency for what he called a "ridiculous" campaign against Jamaica and Kenya after the two track powerhouses were placed under scrutiny for a lack of anti-doping tests.
JOHANNESBURG - Drug cheats will be kept out of at least one Olympics after WADA doubled the ban for a first offense from two years to four, the key change to the global fight against doping in sports.
JOHANNESBURG - The World Anti-Doping Agency and cycling's governing body will work together to investigate the sport's dark doping past. Cycling's new leader said there should be "incentives" for some people to testify, raising the possibility of leniency for Lance Armstrong.
JOHANNESBURG - The chief executive of the United States Anti-Doping Agency says his organization has held discussions with The World Anti-Doping Agency and the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - The deputy leader of Jamaica's main opposition party is declining an appointment to rejoin the faction's shadow Cabinet after losing his attempt to unseat the party's top leader.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court won't hear an appeal from a photographer who said that painter Richard Prince violated his copyrights with paintings and collages based on the photographer's published works.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - The leader of Jamaica's main opposition party fended off a leadership challenge Sunday from a top deputy who waged an aggressive two-month campaign.