- US tourist run over in Puerto Rico after graffiti incident Updated: Nov-24-15 11:27 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Police in Puerto Rico say a 27-year-old tourist from Kentucky has died after being hit by a car while running away from a graffiti mural he was painting.
- Miami's Rodriguez looks up to Puerto Rican NBA point guards Updated: Nov-23-15 12:50 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Miami's Angel Rodriguez left Puerto Rico at 15 for the U.S. mainland to play high school basketball and chase a college scholarship.
- Miami beats No. 22 Butler 85-75 to win Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-23-15 1:05 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Angel Rodriguez stood on the court, wearing both a big smile and the flag of his native Puerto Rico around his shoulders as he celebrated with Miami teammates.
- Miami beats No. 22 Butler 85-75 to win Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-22-15 11:25 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Butler's Kellen Dunham couldn't get anything going for the third straight half before he finally found his shot against Miami.
- No. 16 Utah tops Temple 74-68 in for 3rd in Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-22-15 8:13 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Jakob Poeltl was a force inside for No. 16 Utah. And he got some help from Brandon Taylor at a key moment.
- Texas Tech beats Minnesota 81-68 in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-22-15 6:08 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith didn't want to make a big deal out of facing his former Minnesota program.
- Mississippi State beats Missouri State 84-70 in Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-22-15 3:03 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Ben Howland finally got his wish for Mississippi State to play with a halftime lead. Now he wants the Bulldogs to do a better job protecting that margin when they've got it.
- No. 22 Butler beats Temple 74-69 in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-20-15 10:59 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Chris Holtmann finally got to see how his Butler team would handle a game when the offense wasn't run-run-running its way to big scoring totals.
- No. 16 Utah loses 90-66 to Miami in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-20-15 10:57 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Larry Krystkowiak didn't sound all that bothered by the defense for No. 16 Utah in a blowout loss to Miami.
- Miami rolls past No. 16 Utah 90-66 in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-20-15 10:39 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Two games into the Puerto Rico Tipoff, Miami's veteran bunch is knocking down shots, converting turnovers into important baskets and romping to blowout victories with ease.
- Texas Tech holds off Mississippi State 74-72 in Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-20-15 8:11 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Texas Tech did just enough to set up a reunion for coach Tubby Smith with his previous team.
- Minnesota holds off Missouri State 74-69 in Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-20-15 7:38 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Joey King couldn't miss to start Friday's game, helping Minnesota's offense get off to a fast start on the way to building a big lead at the Puerto Rico Tipoff.
- Puerto Rico Doral Bank official arrested amid FBI probe Updated: Nov-20-15 12:45 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - An assistant to the CEO of a Puerto Rico bank has been arrested on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice.
- No. 16 Utah beats Texas Tech 73-63 in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-19-15 10:42 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak pushed his team to play tougher after a first half in which they squandered much of a 12-point lead and couldn't keep Texas Tech off the boards.
- Miami beats Mississippi State 105-79 in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-19-15 10:00 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Miami coach Jim Larranaga didn't like the look of his team during its pregame shootaround before opening the Puerto Rico Tipoff.
- Temple rallies past Minnesota 75-70 in Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-19-15 5:43 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Temple went from opening the second half with confidence and momentum to watching it all evaporate amid a run of rimmed-out shots and shaky execution.
- MLB schedule: Mets-KC open Sunday, Pirates-Miami in San Juan Updated: Nov-19-15 5:29 pm
- No. 22 Butler rolls by Missouri State 93-59 in Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-19-15 5:11 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Butler coach Chris Holtmann already knew his team could run and score at a pace most teams will struggle to match this season. He's eager to see how the No. 22 Bulldogs respond when the offense doesn't come so easily.
- Puerto Rico pursues bills to clinch debt restructuring deals Updated: Nov-18-15 4:03 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico legislators have approved an amended bill restoring more power to a fiscal control board in an effort to appease bondholders and help pull the island out of an economic crisis.
- No. 16 Utah headlines 8-team field for Puerto Rico Tipoff Updated: Nov-18-15 11:10 am
Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak entered his fifth season determined to keep momentum from last year's NCAA Sweet 16 run. He'll learn how well the No. 16 Utes can do that as they head to this week's Puerto Rico Tipoff in a demanding opening month.
- Miami cruises to 93-77 win over Louisiana Lafayette Updated: Nov-16-15 10:52 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Balanced scoring has helped Miami open the season with two dominant wins.
- Puerto Ricans fear for their health as federal cuts loom Updated: Nov-16-15 10:40 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - An incurable disease has given Jose Gonzalez Ortiz the health of an old man at age 42, and the collapsing Puerto Rican health system only adds to his pain.
- Ex-Puerto Rico lawyer for notorious trafficker sentenced Updated: Nov-13-15 4:58 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A former Puerto Rico lawyer who represented a man once known as the "Pablo Escobar of the Caribbean" has been sentenced to nearly six years in prison on money laundering charges.
- Worcester man arrested in Puerto Rico on child rape charge Updated: Nov-13-15 2:53 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - U.S. Marshals and Massachusetts State Police say a suspect has been arrested in Puerto Rico on charges of raping an 11-year-old girl.
- Carson pledges to advocate for statehood for Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-08-15 1:05 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson traveled to Puerto Rico on Sunday to support the U.S. territory becoming the 51st state, saying that would strengthen the United States.