- Former FIFA member Blazer's plea seems key to investigation Updated: May-28-15 9:36 am
NEW YORK - Former FIFA executive committee member Chuck Blazer appears to have provided key information that has been central to the Justice Department's soccer corruption investigation, linking other officials in the Americas to a series of schemes.
- 12 schemes outlined by prosecutors in soccer indictment Updated: May-27-15 10:42 pm
The indictment of soccer officials and marketing and TV executives Wednesday alleges 12 schemes:
- Ex-FIFA vice president Warner arrested, granted bail Updated: May-27-15 9:24 pm
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - Police said former FIFA vice president Jack Warner would spend Wednesday night in jail after surrendering to face an arrest warrant issued at the request of U.S. authorities, who filed corruption charges against him and 13 others tied to international soccer.
- US, Swiss target top soccer officials in corruption probe Updated: May-27-15 7:38 pm
ZURICH - The U.S. government launched an attack on what it called deep-seated and brazen corruption in soccer's global governing body Wednesday, pulling FIFA executives out of a luxury Swiss hotel to face racketeering charges and raiding regional offices in Miami.
- FIFA scandals while Sepp Blatter has been president Updated: May-22-15 5:48 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been routinely called "scandal-plagued" for much of Sepp Blatter's 17-year presidential reign.