- Mob hunts down Muslims in Central African Republic Updated: Dec-12-13 10:47 am
- C. African Republic Muslims come under attack Updated: Dec-12-13 12:04 am
- 19 defect from Uganda's LRA rebel group Updated: Dec-11-13 12:37 pm
- French bid to disarm African militias a challenge Updated: Dec-11-13 8:25 am
- US helping forces in Central African Republic Updated: Dec-10-13 5:48 pm
- Hagel orders airlift for Central African Republic Updated: Dec-09-13 7:35 pm
- Obama urges calm in Central African Republic Updated: Dec-09-13 7:04 pm
- France tries to rewrite its role in Africa Updated: Dec-08-13 4:49 pm
- France, AU send more troops to African nation Updated: Dec-07-13 5:30 pm
- UK in talks to help France with CAR logistics Updated: Dec-05-13 3:13 pm
- AP Interview: African leader hails French troops Updated: Dec-05-13 3:02 pm
- UN OKs military action in Central African Republic Updated: Dec-05-13 2:54 pm
- UN: Syria crimes evidence 'indicates' Assad role Updated: Dec-02-13 3:54 pm
- Millions in UK aid to Central African Republic Updated: Nov-30-13 6:34 am
- NATO: France to pull out of Kosovo mission Updated: Nov-28-13 10:20 am
- France to send 1,000 troops to C. African Republic Updated: Nov-26-13 4:02 pm
- Central African Republic decrees statewide curfew Updated: Nov-22-13 3:07 pm
- C. African Republic lawyers protest judge's murder Updated: Nov-22-13 10:20 am
- C. African Republic: Kony wants to surrender Updated: Nov-21-13 2:56 pm
- African envoy: Reports indicate LRA's Kony is ill Updated: Nov-20-13 3:51 pm
- Judicial official shot dead in C. African Republic Updated: Nov-17-13 12:47 pm
- Farrow: Central African Republic is failed state Updated: Nov-14-13 11:50 am
BANGUI, Central African Republic - African peacekeepers fired into the air Thursday in Central African Republic's chaotic capital, trying to disperse a mob bent on hunting down and killing Muslims taking refuge in a church compound.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The victims' male relatives touched their foreheads to the ground in prayer atop a small hill as more than a dozen workers below began preparing the communal grave.
KAMPALA, Uganda - The Lord's Resistance Army has suffered its biggest defection in years after 19 members surrendered to an advocacy group and African Union troops hunting the insurgents in the Central African Republic, the advocacy group said.
PARIS - Military analysts say French forces trying to disarm fighters in Central African Republic must be smart, careful and quick about handing the lead to multinational African peacekeepers.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration has asked the State Department to spend up to $60 million for defense supplies to assist the African Union-led international support mission in the Central African Republic.
DOHA, Qatar - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered the U.S. military to transport troops from Burundi into the Central African Republic to help quell the latest upsurge in violence there.
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - President Barack Obama is urging the people of the Central African Republic to remain calm amid mounting sectarian violence.
PARIS - France is coming to the rescue again, deploying soldiers in a former African colony to help stave off catastrophe - dirty work that Paris says it doesn't really want. France has its eyes on a dynamic new Africa that is creating jobs, not conflicts.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - France and the African Union on Saturday announced plans to deploy several thousand more troops into embattled Central African Republic, as thousands of Christians fearing reprisal attacks sought refuge from the Muslim former rebels who now control the country after days of violence left nearly 400 people dead - and possibly more.
LONDON - Britain is discussing offering logistical support to France for its military operation in the Central African Republic, officials said Thursday, an effort that could mirror U.K. assistance for a previous French intervention in Mali.
PARIS - The prime minister of the Central African Republic on Thursday welcomed a French military intervention into his country, hours after deadly assaults left dozens dead in a capital descending toward anarchy.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council authorized increased military action by France and African troops in the Central African Republican to try to end near-anarchy amid an upsurge in Muslim-Christian violence, killings, torture and rapes.
GENEVA - A growing body of evidence collected by U.N. investigators points to the involvement of senior Syrian officials, including President Bashar Assad, in crimes against humanity and war crimes, the U.N.'s top human rights official said Monday.
LONDON - Britain is giving 10 million pounds ($16.4 million) in aid to Central African Republic amid a dramatic escalation in the former French colony's humanitarian crisis.
PRISTINA, Kosovo - NATO's supreme commander says France is pulling out of the peacekeeping mission in Kosovo because of commitments in Mali and Central African Republic.
DAKAR, Senegal - France promised Tuesday to send 1,000 troops to Central African Republic amid warnings about the potential for genocide in the near-anarchic former French colony.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The Central African Republic announced a countrywide curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. in a presidential decree read on state radio late Friday.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - More than 100 judges and lawyers have taken to the streets of the capital in Central African Republic to protest the slaying of a colleague.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Central African Republic's government said Thursday that Joseph Kony, an accused war criminal hunted by African troops and U.S. advisers, is believed to be in the country's remote southeast and has been talking with the president. U.S. officials and others expressed doubt the reported talks represent a breakthrough in efforts to bring him to justice.
UNITED NATIONS - The African Union envoy in charge of pursuing the Lord's Resistance Army said Wednesday that many reports indicate its notorious leader Joseph Kony is seriously ill and on the run along the borders of Sudan's western Darfur region and the Central African Republic.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - An official says members of a disbanded rebel group have shot and killed a high-ranking judicial official in the capital of the Central African Republic.
GENEVA - UNICEF goodwill ambassador Mia Farrow says the Central African Republic is a failed state on the verge of genocide, and she is calling for an expanded U.N.-authorized peacekeeping force.