- 3 killed trying to escape Central African Republic Updated: Mar-07-14 12:40 pm
- C. African Republic: UN force needed for survival Updated: Mar-06-14 3:28 pm
- C. African Republic town turns on Muslim leader Updated: Mar-05-14 2:44 pm
- France vows to prevent C. African Rep. breakup Updated: Feb-28-14 12:56 pm
- UN chief: 20 years after Rwanda, Syria shameful Updated: Feb-27-14 6:38 pm
- C. African Republic orphans walk to refuge alone Updated: Feb-25-14 5:19 pm
- French mull prolonged stay in C. African Republic Updated: Feb-25-14 9:44 am
- 50,000 Somali kids at risk: UN, gov't ask for help Updated: Feb-25-14 8:28 am
- Muslims seek refuge in C. African Republic church Updated: Feb-24-14 1:50 pm
- 70 Muslims killed in Central African Republic town Updated: Feb-24-14 11:49 am
- French troop killed in Cent African Republic crash Updated: Feb-23-14 3:50 pm
- Taliban condemn violence in C. African Republic Updated: Feb-22-14 3:16 pm
- EU plans March deployment of CAR peacekeepers Updated: Feb-21-14 7:41 am
- UN urges reinforcements for CAfrican Republic Updated: Feb-20-14 5:57 pm
- UN urges reinforcements for C. African Republic Updated: Feb-20-14 4:08 pm
- Uganda: Wanted LRA rebel commander believed dead Updated: Feb-17-14 12:34 pm
- Central African Republic militia leaders arrested Updated: Feb-16-14 1:13 pm
- France increasing troops in C. African Republic Updated: Feb-14-14 11:16 am
- Witnesses: 9 more killed in C. African Republic Updated: Feb-09-14 9:49 am
- Future of C. African Republic Muslims imperiled Updated: Feb-08-14 5:01 pm
- Prosecutor to investigate Central African Republic Updated: Feb-07-14 11:19 am
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Mahamat Nour and his two friends knew they had to flee the capital of Central African Republic, where mobs decapitate Muslims in the streets and mutilate their corpses.
UNITED NATIONS - Central African Republic's foreign minister told the Security Council Thursday that a U.N. peacekeeping mission is urgently needed in his country to bolster French and African troops struggling to contain sectarian killing between Muslims and Christians. One top U.N. official said there essentially has been a "cleansing" of the Muslim population in western Central Africa Republic.
MBAIKI, Central African Republic - The swarm of people showed up on their deputy mayor's doorstep late on a Friday morning, just before the time of the Muslim prayers.
BOZOUM, Central African Republic - Thousands of international troops dispatched to volatile Central African Republic are there to help keep the country from breaking apart, France's president said Friday, days after the French parliament voted to prolong the country's mission in its former colony wracked by violence between Christians and Muslims.
UNITED NATIONS - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Thursday that 20 years after the Rwanda genocide the international community's collective failure to prevent atrocities in Syria is "a shameful indictment.
CARNOT, Central African Republic - Ibrahim Adamou's parents had just been killed in front of him. He wasn't sure whether any of his five siblings had survived the attack by Christian militiamen who opened fire on his family of herders as they journeyed on foot.
PARIS - French lawmakers are debating whether to extend the country's military intervention in Central African Republic, a nation which has descended into lawlessness and sectarian bloodshed despite thousands of African peacekeepers and French troops.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Somalia's 2011 famine is over. Militants have been pushed out of Mogadishu. Political progress is being made. And yet the U.N. and Somali government are pleading with international donors to help a country they say is still in crisis.
CARNOT, Central African Republic - The Christian militiamen know hundreds of Muslims are hiding here on the grounds of the Catholic church and now they're giving them a final ultimatum: Leave Central African Republic within a week or face death at the hands of machete-wielding youths.
CARNOT, Central African Republic - Christian militiamen killed at least 70 people in the remote southwest of Central African Republic, at one point ordering a group of Muslims to lie on the ground and shooting them one by one, witnesses said Monday.
PARIS - A French soldier on his second tour of duty in Central African Republic has been killed in a traffic accident involving his light armored vehicle.
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan Taliban on Saturday called for an end to violence against Muslims in the Central African Republic, making a rare statement on conflicts outside their region that was soon echoed by al-Qaida's North Africa branch.
ATHENS, Greece - European Union defense ministers say EU peacekeepers are expected to arrive in the Central African Republic in early March to help stop the sectarian violence that has claimed more than 1,000 lives and forced nearly 1 million people to flee.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called Thursday for the rapid deployment of at least 3,000 additional troops and police to conflict-wracked Central African Republic to prevent further religious killings that have forced almost one million people to flee their homes and are partitioning the country into Muslim and Christian areas.
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is calling for the African Union and France to rapidly deploy at least 3,000 additional troops and police to the Central African Republic to prevent further religious killings that have forced almost one million people to flee their homes.
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's military said it believes a senior rebel commander with the infamous Lord's Resistance Army was killed last year in Central African Republic following an attack by African Union forces, inflicting a serious setback to the rebel group that is said to be in decline amid an international hunt for its leader, Joseph Kony.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Officials in Central African Republic say 11 men including leaders of the Christian anti-Balaka militia have been transferred to the capital's main prison.
PARIS - France says it is increasing its military deployment in the Central African Republic by 400 soldiers, bringing the total to 2,000.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Raging violence in Central African Republic's capital, including mob attacks and an apparent assassination attempt targeting the lawless country's former justice minister, killed at least nine people over the weekend, witnesses and officials said Sunday.
DAKAR, Senegal - The mob violence wracking Central African Republic imperils the future of the country's Muslims, with tens of thousands fleeing the daily violence and untold numbers killed.
AMSTERDAM - The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court said Friday she has opened a preliminary investigation into potential war crimes or crimes against humanity in Central African Republic.