- Report: C. African Republic Muslims forced to convert Updated: Jul-31-15 8:46 am
DAKAR, Senegal - Muslims in the western part of Central African Republic are being forced to hide their religion or convert to Christianity under threat of death, Amnesty International said Friday.
- UN official distracted from child sexual abuse case resigns Updated: Jul-22-15 1:47 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. rights official who admitted not following up for months on allegations of child sexual abuse by French soldiers in Central African Republic has resigned.
- Gunmen attempt attack on state radio in C. African Republic Updated: Jul-07-15 12:44 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The director of Central African Republic state radio says armed gunmen surrounded the station and attempted an attack but were repelled by security forces overnight.
- Fugitive African warlord Joseph Kony is said to be sickly Updated: Jul-06-15 7:32 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - The fugitive leader of the Lord's Resistance Army is sickly and in retreat from an international manhunt that includes U.S. forces, a Ugandan military spokesman said Monday, citing the accounts of recent defectors who are backing up reports that the rebel group is in decline.
- Cash-strapped UN food agency reduces help to Syrian refugees Updated: Jul-02-15 10:55 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - The United Nations' food agency is cutting back on assistance to thousands of Syrian refugees after an appeal for a ceasefire to enable Syrians feed themselves went unheeded, World Food Program Executive Director Ertharin Cousin said on Friday.