- Central African Republic voters seek leader to end chaos Updated: Feb-14-16 1:32 am
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Voters in Central African Republic are returning to the polls to cast ballots in a historic presidential runoff vote.
- US Africa Command: Senior LRA rebel commander defects in CAR Updated: Feb-12-16 2:41 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - A senior commander with the rebel group Lord's Resistance Army has defected to villagers in Central African Republic, the U.S. Africa Command said Friday.
- US peacekeeping expert to coordinate sexual abuse response Updated: Feb-08-16 6:25 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Jane Holl Lute, a U.S. security expert who has held top posts in U.N. peacekeeping, was appointed by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Monday to coordinate improvements in the United Nations' response to allegations of sexual exploitation and abuse by peacekeepers.
- Court confirms Central African Republic runoff candidates Updated: Jan-25-16 11:56 am
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Central African Republic's constitutional court has certified results from the first round of the country's long-awaited presidential vote, confirming that two former prime ministers will compete in a runoff.
- UN seeks $820 million for crises in Central, West Africa Updated: Jan-25-16 9:23 am
DAKAR, Senegal - The United Nations and partners are appealing for more than $820 million to help refugees and others affected by violence in Cameroon, Nigeria and Central African Republic.
- UN: Central African Republic facing hunger crisis Updated: Jan-20-16 9:37 am
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The United Nations is warning of a hunger crisis in Central African Republic that is affecting half the country's population.
- Whistleblower cleared in CAfrican Republic sex abuse case Updated: Jan-18-16 7:49 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations' internal justice system has cleared a whistleblower who leaked information to French authorities in 2014 about a U.N. investigation into accusations that French soldiers in Central African Republic had sexually abused some children they were sent to protect.