- Child sex abuse claims shake UN as revelations continue Updated: May-30-15 9:58 am
UNITED NATIONS - The boys said they approached the French soldiers because they were hungry. Some were so young they didn't quite understand the acts the soldiers demanded in return. One boy, 8 or 9 years old, said he did it several times to the same soldier, "until one day an older kid saw him and told him what he was doing was bad."
- UN rights chief urges deeper probe of Central Africa abuses Updated: May-30-15 5:43 am
BERLIN - The United Nations' human rights chief is urging several countries to step up efforts to investigate allegations that peacekeepers in Central African Republic may have committed abuses, a call that comes as the U.N. itself faces pressure over child sexual abuse claims against French soldiers.
- Child sex abuse: France is working with C. African Republic Updated: May-27-15 6:01 am
PARIS - The French president's office says judicial authorities in France and Central African Republic are cooperating to investigate allegations of child sexual abuse by French soldiers.
- UN: 357 child soldiers released in C. African Republic Updated: May-14-15 12:49 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Armed groups in Central African Republic freed more than 350 child soldiers Thursday in the largest such release since the country became engulfed in sectarian violence in late 2013, the U.N. children's agency said.
- Armed groups in CAfrican Republic sign disarmament deal Updated: May-10-15 5:32 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Rival armed groups in Central African Republic signed a deal Sunday to lay down their arms and end a conflict that has killed thousands, the United Nations said.
- UN tribunal lifts suspension of worker in French leak Updated: May-06-15 11:22 am
BERLIN - A United Nations tribunal has lifted the suspension of a U.N. worker who leaked information to French authorities about an internal investigation into accusations that French soldiers in Central African Republic sexually abused some children they were sent to protect.