- UNICEF: AIDS leading cause of death for African teenagers Updated: Nov-27-15 10:59 am
JOHANNESBURG - While the global push to eradicate HIV may have saved over a million babies, AIDS is now the leading cause of death for African teenagers and the second most common killer for adolescents across the globe, the United Nations' agency for children said on Friday.
- UN envoy warns Sahel youths susceptible to radicalization Updated: Nov-25-15 6:58 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Up to 41 million young people in the Sahel have bleak futures, pushing them to migrate and making them susceptible to radicalization, a U.N. envoy to the African region said Wednesday.
- Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egypt progress in WCup qualifying Updated: Nov-17-15 4:13 pm
Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egypt, and Cameroon had few problems in progressing to the final round of World Cup qualifying in Africa on Tuesday.
- West Africa conference focuses on threat posed by jihadists Updated: Nov-09-15 4:40 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Islamic extremists are expanding their reach in West Africa, using porous borders and exploiting political chaos to further their attacks, security experts said Monday at the opening of a regional conference on the jihadist threat.
- Chadian army: 3 dead, 14 wounded in Boko Haram attacks Updated: Nov-01-15 10:39 am
N'DJAMENA, Chad - The Chadian military says at least three soldiers are dead and 14 others have been wounded in a series of attacks blamed on Islamic militants.