- United Nations to fly drones over eastern Congo Updated: Dec-02-13 10:34 am
- Uganda warns that M23 Congo rebels could regroup Updated: Nov-12-13 10:16 am
- Ore. community sends ambulance to African clinic Updated: Nov-09-13 4:02 pm
- Official: M23 chief, rebels surrender to Uganda Updated: Nov-07-13 1:06 pm
- Swiss probe metals refiner over Congo gold Updated: Nov-06-13 10:50 am
KINSHASA, Congo - A new fleet of drones will make their maiden voyage this week in Congo's troubled east, where one rebel group was recently disarmed, but many more continue to occupy the area's thick jungles.
KAMPALA, Uganda - A Congolese rebel group whose fighters retreated into Uganda after being hammered by U.N.-backed Congolese government forces "can still regroup," a Ugandan government spokesman said Tuesday.
OAKRIDGE, Oregon - Call it a miracle or a simple act of kindness; the city of Oakridge has decided it's time to pay it forward.
KAMPALA, Uganda - The top commander of Congo's M23 rebel movement and about 1,700 of his fighters surrendered to Ugandan authorities following defeat by Congolese troops, a Ugandan military official said Thursday.
GENEVA - Swiss prosecutors confirmed Wednesday that a criminal investigation has been opened against one of the world's largest processors of precious metals over allegations that it laundered gold obtained through war crimes.