- Ebola virus in Africa outbreak is a new strain Updated: Apr-16-14 5:39 pm
- Protector of vast African park shot and wounded Updated: Apr-16-14 2:19 pm
- Doctors Without Borders worried for Congo hostages Updated: Apr-08-14 2:55 pm
- UN: 500,000 displaced by southeast Congo attacks Updated: Apr-04-14 9:42 am
- World Bank funds to help build huge Congo dam Updated: Mar-21-14 11:02 am
The Ebola virus that has killed scores of people in Guinea this year is a new strain - evidence that the disease did not spread there from outbreaks in some other African nations, scientists report.
DAKAR, Senegal - A Belgian royal who, as director of a vast national park in eastern Congo has defended endangered mountain gorillas and other animals from poachers and the forests from illegal logging, was shot and seriously wounded as he drove through the park, officials said Wednesday.
KINSHASA, Congo - Doctors Without Borders says it is worried that intense fighting between the military and armed groups in eastern Congo could endanger its staff taken hostage there.
KINSHASA, Congo - The United Nations says more than half a million people have now been displaced by violence in southeastern Congo.
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo's prime minister has welcomed a World Bank grant of $73.1 million to support the construction of a huge hydropower project.