- 5 Costa Rica players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:24 am
- Costa Rica hopes defense can hold up in World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- Costa Rica coach Pinto is a student of the game Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- Intel eliminates 1,500 jobs in Costa Rica Updated: Apr-08-14 9:31 pm
- Unchallenged candidate wins Costa Rica vote Updated: Apr-06-14 11:58 pm
- Blatter says World Cup will be 'well done' Updated: Apr-03-14 6:14 pm
- Toluca advances to the Champions League semifinals Updated: Mar-19-14 11:26 pm
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Three of the teams in Group D are loaded with famous players, like Italy striker Mario Balotelli, England forward Wayne Rooney and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez. The odd one out is Costa Rica.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Despite qualifying for the World Cup with the best defensive record in CONCACAF, Costa Rica is still a heavy underdog to get out of a group containing England, Italy and Uruguay.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Costa Rica coach Jorge Luis Pinto will need every bit of his tactical know-how if he is to lead the Central American nation out of Group D at the World Cup, where the team will play Italy, England and Uruguay.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Chipmaker Intel announced Tuesday that it is eliminating 1,500 jobs from its assembly and test operation in Costa Rica, a blow to a country that has used Intel's presence to build a high-tech sector. More bad news hit hours later when a Bank of America subsidiary said it would lay off 1,400 employees in Costa Rica.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Opposition candidate Luis Solis easily won Sunday's presidential runoff in Costa Rica, an expected result given that his only rival had stopped campaigning a month earlier because he was so far behind in the polls.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - FIFA President Sepp Blatter says the World Cup will be "well done," but he criticized Brazilian authorities for starting late on stadium projects and for not providing enough worker safety.
TOLUCA, Mexico - Toluca beat the San Jose Earthquakes on penalties to advance to the CONCACAF Champions League semifinals for the second time Wednesday.