- Costa Rica closes probe into 1984 bombing Updated: Dec-02-13 7:41 pm
- Australia beats Costa Rica 1-0 in friendly Updated: Nov-19-13 3:26 pm
- Cahill scores, leads Australia over Costa Rica 1-0 Updated: Nov-19-13 12:15 pm
- Fugitive whaling protester: 'We're not pirates' Updated: Nov-06-13 8:14 pm
- Schwarzer retires from international football Updated: Nov-05-13 10:55 pm
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - An investigation of the 1984 bombing that killed three journalists and four Nicaraguan rebels at a news conference has been closed after officials determined the only suspect died more than two decades ago, Costa Rica's attorney general said Monday.
SYDNEY - Tim Cahill scored in the 69th minute to give Australia and its new coach a 1-0 win over Costa Rica in a friendly on Tuesday.
SYDNEY - New York Red Bulls midfielder Tim Cahill scored his record-tying 29th goal for Australia in a 1-0 exhibition win over Costa Rica on Tuesday.
SEATTLE - A fugitive activist known for attacking Japanese whaling vessels off Antarctica insisted "we're not pirates" Wednesday as he addressed a U.S. appeals court considering whether he and the organization he founded should be held in contempt.
SYDNEY - Australia goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer announced his retirement from international football Wednesday after a 20-year career that included two World Cups.