- El Salvador arrests gang leader suspected in bus attacks Updated: Jul-29-15 9:04 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - Authorities arrested the leader of a gang believed responsible for a string of threats and attacks on bus drivers that has disrupted public transportation in El Salvador's capital, prosecutors said Wednesday.
- Some buses halt runs in El Salvador's capital after killings Updated: Jul-27-15 8:01 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - Some buses in the capital of El Salvador have stopped running after two drivers were killed and rumors circulated that the Central American country's "Mara" street gangs planned to burn buses.
- Replica of Cabrillo's Spanish ship 1 step closer to sailing Updated: Jul-23-15 6:20 am
SAN DIEGO - After July storms stopped its launch, a full-size replica of the Spanish ship whose 1542 arrival in San Diego marked the beginning of European settlement in California has left the port of San Diego.
- NYC touts progress on helping unaccompanied immigrant minors Updated: Jul-20-15 5:28 pm
NEW YORK - All unaccompanied immigrant minors who have reached New York City illegally have access to free legal representation as part of a program that local officials hope will serve as a model throughout the United States.
- Jamaica beats El Salvador 1-0 to win Group B Updated: Jul-14-15 8:33 pm
TORONTO - Garath McCleary tapped in a rebound in the 72nd minute and Jamaica beat El Salvador 1-0 on Tuesday night to clinch Group B in the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- El Salvador salvages tie with Costa Rica on stoppage goal Updated: Jul-11-15 11:29 pm
HOUSTON - Dustin Corea scored two minutes into stoppage time to help El Salvador earn a 1-1 draw with Costa Rica in their CONCACAF Gold Cup group stage match on Saturday.
- Canada, El Salvador play to goalless draw Updated: Jul-09-15 12:45 am
CARSON, California - Kyriakos Stamatopoulos made six saves to help Canada tie El Salvador 0-0 on Wednesday night in the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- El Salvador's 677 murders in June most since civil war Updated: Jul-03-15 4:41 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - The month of June saw 677 murders in El Salvador, more than in any other single month since the end of the country's civil war.