- El Salvador's ex-rebel poised to win presidency Updated: Mar-08-14 12:06 am
- Spain-El Salvador to play pre-World Cup friendly Updated: Feb-28-14 11:35 am
- Spain-El Salvador to play pre-World Cup exhibition Updated: Feb-28-14 11:20 am
- Salvadoran sea survivor returns to hometown Updated: Feb-19-14 2:54 pm
- Salvadoran sea survivor leaves hospital Updated: Feb-18-14 11:31 pm
- El Salvador felon is arrested at Ariz-Calif border Updated: Feb-14-14 5:46 pm
- Salvador sea survivor flies out of Pacific island Updated: Feb-10-14 10:22 am
- Salvador's top court orders massacre probe Updated: Feb-06-14 9:43 pm
- Ex-Salvadoran general appeals deportation order Updated: Feb-06-14 4:23 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - A former Marxist guerrilla who has promised to continue the government's popular social programs is poised to win El Salvador's presidential election runoff on Sunday, giving the ruling party a second consecutive term.
NEW YORK - Defending World Cup champion Spain will play a friendly against El Salvador on June 7 in the U.S. before heading to the World Cup in Brazil.
NEW YORK - Defending World Cup champion Spain will play an exhibition game against El Salvador on June 7 at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, before heading to the World Cup in Brazil.
GARITA PALMERA, El Salvador - The Salvadoran fisherman who says he spent 13 months adrift at sea surviving on raw turtles, fish and birds returned Wednesday to his coastal hometown, where he was warmly welcomed by friends and family.
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - The Salvadoran fisherman who says he drifted at sea for more than a year left a hospital Tuesday after treatment for the psychological and physical effects of his ordeal, and told reporters he survived because of his faith in God.
YUMA, Arizona - A convicted felon from El Salvador has been arrested in southwestern Arizona for being in the country illegally.
MAJURO, Marshall Islands - A Salvadoran man who says he drifted in an open boat across the Pacific for more than a year thanked people in the Marshall Islands for taking care of him and said he was "doing very well" before starting his journey home Monday.
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - El Salvador's Supreme Court has ruled that prosecutors must investigate the massacre of 45 farmers allegedly at the hands of the military during the country's civil war, heeding a decades-long call by the victims' relatives.
FALLS CHURCH, Virginia - In the 1980s, the U.S. government considered Salvadoran Gen. Eugenio Vides Casanova a hero, twice awarding him the Legion of Merit for leading a battle against left-wing rebels in his country. Now, the U.S. government considers him a pariah, and wants him deported for his role in a series of human rights abuses.