- At least 6 killed in fight among inmates at Guatemala prison Updated: Nov-29-15 10:36 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Officials in Guatemala say a brawl among inmates at an overcrowded prison killed six people and wounded several others.
- Social media helps drive historic Cuban exodus to US Updated: Nov-23-15 11:09 pm
PENAS BLANCAS, Costa Rica - As summer began to bake the central Cuban city of Sancti Spiritus, Elio Alvarez and Lideisy Hernandez sold their tiny apartment and everything in it for $5,000 and joined the largest migration from their homeland in decades.
- Columbus to host US World Cup qualifier against Guatemala Updated: Nov-23-15 2:18 pm
CHICAGO - The U.S. will play its March 29 World Cup qualifier against Guatemala at Columbus, Ohio.
- Guatemalan woman smuggled immigrants from India into Texas Updated: Nov-20-15 3:09 pm
HOUSTON - A Guatemalan woman has pleaded guilty to helping smuggle immigrants from India into Texas via Mexico.
- US hits crossbar twice, ties Trinidad 0-0 in WCup qualifier Updated: Nov-17-15 11:04 pm
After two games on the long path to the 2018 World Cup, the United States has four points. The Americans and coach Jurgen Klinsmann followed a miserable four-month stretch with a decent start in qualifying.
- Altidore scores twice as US routs St Vincent 6-1 Updated: Nov-14-15 12:24 am
ST. LOUIS - Entering on its first three-game home losing streak since 1997, the United States stumbled at the start of its first qualifier for the 2018 World Cup when St. Vincent and the Grenadines went ahead in the fifth minute.
- Proposal for anti-crime tax sparks debate in Guatemala Updated: Nov-10-15 4:52 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A group of experts suggested Tuesday that Guatemala impose a temporary tax to pay for strengthening prosecutors' offices in the country, where the justice system is so weak a U.N. anti-impunity commission is lending a hand.
- Guatemalan congress raises minimum age for marriage to 18 Updated: Nov-05-15 7:17 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's congress voted Thursday to raise the minimum legal age for marriage to 18. It had been 14 for girls and 16 for boys.
- Next Guatemala president vows clean government, set example Updated: Nov-03-15 8:15 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Jimmy Morales, the TV comic elected Guatemala's next president amid widespread anger over corruption that took down the previous leader, vowed Tuesday to bolster the investigative bodies that blew the lid on the graft scandals.
- A year after closing, Corcoran to open on limited schedule Updated: Nov-03-15 2:16 am
WASHINGTON - The Corcoran building is open to the public for limited hours for the first time since the museum closed last year.
- Police: Man calling people with false kidnapping claims Updated: Nov-02-15 4:59 am
LYNN, Massachusetts - Police in northeastern Massachusetts say it has received four different reports of Guatemalan citizens being targeted for a kidnapping scam.